PDA

View Full Version : Applying for crappy jobs sucks.

GottaHavePride
5/14/2006, 11:37 PM
So my plans for summer employment fell through. (The university decided it didn't want to cough up a couple thousand dollars to pay me to take care of a ton of stuff that needs to be done before classes start again.) So now I'm stuck trying to find somewhere to work that I don't hate. and by "hate" I mean "food service industry".

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 11:39 PM
I need someone to clean my apartment in Waco...

GottaHavePride
5/14/2006, 11:39 PM
How much you payin'? I gots bills. ;)

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 11:43 PM
I might go as high as $10.00 but the benefits are great. You're more than welcome to help yourself to any strange skanky girls who knock on the door.

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 11:44 PM
Besides, this is the natural order of the world. An OU grad cleaning the apartment of a Baylor undergrad. :D

GottaHavePride
5/14/2006, 11:53 PM
$10 what, an hour? ;)

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 11:57 PM
$10 what, an hour? ;)

No, for the job period. On the one hand I'm a very messy individual so you'd routinely need to clean up after me. On the other hand, I won't be there to muck it up after cleaning it so you're looking at making $10.00 total. And I pay in dimes.

Melo
5/14/2006, 11:59 PM
I just landed a job as a hostess at the chinese place I worked at last summer. Since I worked for them so hard, and came back, and now they dont have train me, I am going to fight tooth and nail for as many hours as they will give me.

If they wont give me many hours, that job will do until I find someplace better. But I will just be glad to have some money in the account again. Next year's tuision isnt looking so good to me.

Tailwind
5/15/2006, 12:02 AM
Working sucks, period. Working on Mother's day when you thought you had the day off...sucks harder!

GottaHavePride
5/15/2006, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I had a place like that in wichita - they always hired me back, gave me any hours I wanted. They're closed now, though, and I don't really want to go to Wichita for the summer.

GottaHavePride
5/15/2006, 12:04 AM
Working sucks, period. Working on Mother's day when you thought you had the day off...sucks harder!

See, if it was a job somewhat related to my chosen career path (i.e. music) I'd actually enjoy going to work. But going somewhere every day thinking "this has nothing to do with the career I want to have" sucks.

SicEmBaylor
5/15/2006, 12:09 AM
See, if it was a job somewhat related to my chosen career path (i.e. music) I'd actually enjoy going to work. But going somewhere every day thinking "this has nothing to do with the career I want to have" sucks.

You could be my mistro and play songs in the background about my daily trials and trivialations.

It pays $10.00 too.

leavingthezoo
5/15/2006, 12:12 AM

street corner. empty hat. bad hygiene. and a monkey can only help. you're welcome. ;)

you said related. c'mon mr. street corner musician. :D

PhxSooner
5/15/2006, 12:15 AM
You should come out here. Heaven knows music and music ed stinks in Arizona. Of course, you wouldn't be able to eat since your paycheck would only cover rent and gas, but hey, you can't have everything!;)

Are you trying to stay in Norman for the summer, or are other cities an option? (Not Phoenix, of course!)

GottaHavePride
5/15/2006, 12:20 AM
You should come out here. Heaven knows music and music ed stinks in Arizona. Of course, you wouldn't be able to eat since your paycheck would only cover rent and gas, but hey, you can't have everything!;)

Are you trying to stay in Norman for the summer, or are other cities an option? (Not Phoenix, of course!)

Norman would be best - I kind of have bills and house payments to make. Actually, I may audition for the Tucson symphony. they've got a one-year position open.

Melo
5/15/2006, 01:09 AM
You could be my mistro and play songs in the background about my daily trials and trivialations.

It pays $10.00 too.

Uh... maybe I couldnt exactly play songs about your trials and trivulations, but I could walk around with a drum and lay some cool beats. If nothing else, you'd look cool, and I'd have ten bucks. Whaddya say?

SicEmBaylor
5/15/2006, 01:12 AM
Uh... maybe I couldnt exactly play songs about your trials and trivulations, but I could walk around with a drum and lay some cool beats. If nothing else, you'd look cool, and I'd have ten bucks. Whaddya say?

You're just trying to get closer to me so you can go all ninja on my ***.

But for someone to walk around behind me with a drum it may be worth the risk. Though, I can only imagine the weird looks I'll get at my next Young Conservatives meeting...

Melo
5/15/2006, 01:25 AM
You're just trying to get closer to me so you can go all ninja on my ***.

But for someone to walk around behind me with a drum it may be worth the risk. Though, I can only imagine the weird looks I'll get at my next Young Conservatives meeting...

It's ok, they'll think its cool, too. Or if not, I can just sit that one out. But no one would look at you weird. They'd all be too busy thinking how cool you are.

And ninja...what? I have no idea of what you speak. :confused:

Osce0la
5/15/2006, 08:15 AM
If it makes you feel any better I start my new job today (finally). :D

bri
5/15/2006, 08:56 AM
If you think applying for crappy jobs sucks, just wait until you GET a crappy job. :D

And Hastings is always an option, Music Boy...

TexasLidig8r
5/15/2006, 10:32 AM
I just landed a job as a hostess at the chinese place I worked at last summer. Since I worked for them so hard, and came back, and now they dont have train me, I am going to fight tooth and nail for as many hours as they will give me.

If they wont give me many hours, that job will do until I find someplace better. But I will just be glad to have some money in the account again. Next year's tuision isnt looking so good to me.

So, how long does it take you to put on the full geisha regalia including face paint? :confused:

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2006, 10:42 AM
What do you do with a Masters Degree in Art History..........
You get body piercings and pour coffee for a living...........

One of my favorite "Great American Heroes".

walkoffsooner
5/15/2006, 11:01 AM
Will work for food sign?Try it a day would like to know out come