PDA

View Full Version : How many husbands scored big today???

Mongo
5/14/2006, 10:11 PM
Mothers' Day causes us males with children to find innovative ways to surprise the babies' momma. What did you do and what were the consequences?:)

sanantoniosooner
5/14/2006, 10:12 PM
We fought over finances and she kicked me in the nuts.

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 10:47 PM
We took a scenic drive. Not much, but considering gas prices a high price gift. :)

King Crimson
5/14/2006, 10:50 PM
you guys are great PR for getting married.

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 10:52 PM
We fought over finances and she kicked me in the nuts.

It's rough when nobody likes you including your wife.
(and presumably your accountant)

Mongo
5/14/2006, 10:56 PM
you guys are great PR for getting married.

It can get boring, but a man who romances a different woman every night is not a man. A man is a guy who can romance the same woman over and over again is.:)

Tailwind
5/14/2006, 11:22 PM
It can get boring, but a man who romances a different woman every night is not a man. A man is a guy who can romance the same woman over and over again is.:)
And do it well. :D

soonerbrat
5/14/2006, 11:26 PM
i don't have a husband.

but i spent a good part of the day at my ex husband's house
and his brother's house :D

(he was working, his family still likes me)

King Crimson
5/14/2006, 11:29 PM

then why are you posting here, right now? :D

Mongo
5/14/2006, 11:30 PM
so Brat, you and the ex's brother huh?

Mongo
5/14/2006, 11:31 PM
then why are you posting here, right now? :D
Only so much romancing one can do:D

soonerbrat
5/14/2006, 11:44 PM
so Brat, you and the ex's brother huh?

that would be a great big N O

soonerbrat
5/14/2006, 11:45 PM
let me clarify..

at his brother and sister-in-law's house with the kids and my ex mother in law and my other ex brother in law and my nephew

Osce0la
5/15/2006, 08:18 AM
We went on a picnic (she's been wanting to go on a picnic since we were dating) and then let the baby play at the park. She loved it. Oh and she got one of those birthstone necklaces that she had been wanting...and a card with scrap book stickers so she could add another page to the scrap book she's working on for our son.

Sooner in Tampa
5/15/2006, 08:27 AM
Church, Lunch with the outlaws, and a day of sun and fun at the pool. Nothing overly spectacular...just a family day. The girls waited on their mom and tried to make it a nice day for her.

When we put the girls down, she told the girls that she had a great day...so it was a success.

pb4ou
5/15/2006, 10:35 AM
Since this was our first official Mother's Day for Mrs PB & I, I got her a necklace with our son's birthstone on it. We went to church, lunch (Chinese), then later on that evening I fired up the pit and grilled her some Steak, Baked Potato, and Veggies.

(It was also her B-Day yesterday also.)

handcrafted
5/15/2006, 10:47 AM
Mrs. Handcrafted and the boy were both sick, so we didn't do much. The boy made her a card in preschool. I did the "waiting on her hand and foot" thing. She promised appreciation when she gets better. :)

TexasLidig8r
5/15/2006, 10:54 AM

Threads like this are MADE for LosAngelesSooner. :D

jrsooner
5/15/2006, 05:43 PM
Mothers' Day causes us males with children to find innovative ways to surprise the babies' momma. What did you do and what were the consequences?:)My wife was happy.... I got her money. :)

The kids "purchased" her the 2006 Silver US Mint Coin Proof set (should be here friday), and I picked her up the 1994 US Mint Coin Proof set (year we were married). She was happy. :)

Lunch at PFChangs, and the kids left a "penny" trail in the morning for her to follow. They jumped out of their closets and behind beds screaming "Happy Mother's Day".

oumartin
5/15/2006, 06:22 PM
um, She aint my mom!

SOONER44EVER
5/16/2006, 01:52 AM
My 5 year old and I made her breakfast and served it to her in bed. We gave her the presents which included a candle, bath beads, antique pig figurines, pig earrings (she collects pigs) and a way, way too expensive gift certificate to Logston's Salon.We cleaned the entire house and even did laundry! I then made dinner. Huge ribeye steaks, baked potatos, mac and cheese (the fancy kind:) ), salad and rolls. It was a very long day.

oumartin
5/16/2006, 02:25 AM
I'll be your wife for all that ;)

Mjcpr
5/16/2006, 07:39 AM
My 5 year old and I made her breakfast and served it to her in bed. We gave her the presents which included a candle, bath beads, antique pig figurines, pig earrings (she collects pigs) and a way, way too expensive gift certificate to Logston's Salon.We cleaned the entire house and even did laundry! I then made dinner. Huge ribeye steaks, baked potatos, mac and cheese (the fancy kind:) ), salad and rolls. It was a very long day.

Next year, they'll be getting you stuff for Mother's Day.

:D

goodonya
5/16/2006, 08:45 AM
For the last 7-years our 3-boys and I take Mom over to the mall after church and assist her in picking out her summer wardrobe. We have evolved this process to a high degree of accuracy. In the early years, the boys would pick things out for her approval and modified fashion show at the store. This caused 2-problems. One being that she actually kept some things that the boys liked but she was not thrilled with and two, it took 3-hours! Now, they point things out that interest them but leave selection totally to her. Also, the fashion show occurs at home. One other evolution is occurring and that is early on this venture operated on a budget of about $500. Sunday afternoon we checked out at $1350 which caused consumption of multiple margaritas at the ensuing Mom's day mexican lunch. Oh well, she looks killer in those skirts and shorts.

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 11:03 AM
um, She aint my mom!

And you wonder why she flips out... :D

oumartin
5/16/2006, 01:03 PM
Look NP, she told me she didnt' want anything. Am I suppose to ask her for money anyway so i can go buy her something?

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 01:16 PM
Look NP, she told me she didnt' want anything. Am I suppose to ask her for money anyway so i can go buy her something?

Generally, if she lets you out of your cage, you're supposed to do something for her. ;)

jrsooner
5/16/2006, 10:29 PM
Look NP, she told me she didnt' want anything. Translation: I'm saying this, but if you don't get me anything .... you're dead! :)