PDA

View Full Version : OU Vs. OSU academically

jccouger
5/14/2006, 08:57 PM
My friend is swearing to me up and down that OSU is a better academically then OU is.

I need some hard facts to prove to him that the sheep humpers are lower then us on the food chain.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 09:07 PM
OU is tied for # 52 in the nation for Top Public National Universities. OSU isn't even on the list.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/natudoc_pub_brief.php

Mixer!
5/14/2006, 09:08 PM
I will relate to you this story:

A friend's daughter graduated from Stillwater High last year, was a national honor student, got ZERO scholarship offers from Boone State, but got several from other schools, and accepted one from OU.

So yeah, f*** them.

sooneron
5/14/2006, 09:13 PM
You may want to consider the proper usage of "then" while engaging in academic smack.

jccouger
5/14/2006, 09:15 PM
You may want to consider the proper usage of "then" in academic smack

Well, I havent attended any university. So my knowledge is null and void in the argumant. ;)

BASSooner
5/14/2006, 09:22 PM
OU is ranked 120 in the country of the best overrall universities by US news. osu is ranked lower or not even ranked at all

BASSooner
5/14/2006, 09:25 PM
i apologize, OU is ranked 109 overall by the best national universities, osu is not even ranked, just in the 3rd tier

OklahomaTuba
5/14/2006, 10:16 PM
Why is this even a thread?

Stoolwater Jr College is a joke of a school. Its no wonder why they have to invest so much money and time pleading people to hire their graduates.

http://www.hireosugrads.com/images/student/student_08.jpg

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 10:23 PM
Then would someone with power tell OU to get a Marriage and Family Therapy School? :D

In the mean time, my ticket back to Oklahoma may be Boone state. Sad but true.

badger
5/15/2006, 12:44 AM
here is a link w/ proof:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/tier1/t1natudoc_brief.php

However, OU is no longer the bargain school. For $43 less, in-state students can get an OSU education instead of an OU one.

cs6000
5/15/2006, 06:26 AM
OU has nearly 700 National Merit Scholars, #1 per capita public university in the country. OU ACT ave 25.5; osu 24.6
(Norman Transcript: Tale of the Tape)

Also, OU students are smart, self assured people. osu students are goofballs.

soonerloyal
5/15/2006, 07:00 AM
Now now, be fair...OSU is THE University for Veterinarian studies!
:D

tbl
5/15/2006, 07:08 AM
You may want to consider the proper usage of "then" while engaging in academic smack.

No doubt... I've never understood how people confuse "then" and "than" in that context, yet I see it all the time.

tbl
5/15/2006, 07:15 AM
So in the Big 12, the only schools we're ahead of are Tech, OSU, & KSU... That's not too good. Even Tulsa is ahead of OU.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/15/2006, 08:07 AM
Depends, if you want to learn how to grow corn/wheat/trees/weeds, then pickens U is for you. For any other kind of education, OU is better.

SoonerShark
5/15/2006, 08:35 AM
Depends, if you want to learn how to grow corn/wheat/trees/weeds, then pickens U is for you. For any other kind of education, OU is better.

Never go to an Ag school that has fake grass on its football field. Of course, in all fairness I will disclose that may be because Eddie was urinating next to the basketball arena.

snp
5/15/2006, 12:03 PM
Don't most people that end up at OSU get denied from OU?

I've never met a person that applied to both and didn't get into to OSU so they went to OU instead. It's always the opposite.

tbl
5/15/2006, 12:15 PM
Money is another big reason. I have two cousins that want to go to OU but the tuition is much more affordable at Sheep U. Also, it looks like OSU has a fashion program where OU doesn't. Apparently my cousin wants to learn how to design tight fitting jeans and cut off t-shirts....

Vaevictis
5/15/2006, 12:15 PM

You're missing the main specialization: small, helpless farm animals. Sheep. Goats. Chickens. Alpacas. Anything that is about waist high, or can be held waist high.

Sheesh. Credit where credit is due.

Sooner_Havok
5/15/2006, 12:53 PM
I can't remember where I saw this, but something like 50% of the students at Pickens' State said that aggie was their first choice, while 90% of the students at OU said OU was their first choice.

So half the Aggie got rejected from elsewhere...:rolleyes:

DeadSolidPerfect
5/15/2006, 03:52 PM
So half the Aggie got rejected from elsewhere...:rolleyes:
When did UCO raise their standards?

birddog
5/15/2006, 05:09 PM
I'm sorry. I followed my girlfriend to Sheep State after I lost my soccer scholarship when I got a 1.9 GPA my junior year.:( . I then proceeded to average a 3.6 GPA there. I don't even understand how they can consider themselves an institution of higher learning. I'm not real bright but they made me feel like I was a genius. :P

Big Red Ron
5/15/2006, 05:19 PM
:D
I'm not real bright...That goes without saying...

Just sayin...

birddog
5/15/2006, 06:02 PM
:D That goes without saying...

Just sayin...
well crafted, my good sir.:D

goingoneight
5/15/2006, 09:16 PM
Oklahoma School of Upsets.

Answers the age-old "pi$$ed off aggy" question, and explains the big wins they seem to pull off in football undeservingly.

Oh, yeah... academic standards? C'mon... Tell them to search for anything on the net related to faggies and academic excellence. They'll be back with a "Suck Fooners" site or something ghey like that to attempt to make their point.

Unrelated: 84-16... had to... just had to...

douxpaysan
5/15/2006, 10:13 PM
Like comparing Harvard Vs. Penn athleticallyhttp://www.college-basketball-tickets.net/pennsylvania_quakers/pennsy13.jpg Crimson the Quaker!

SoonerObsession
5/15/2006, 11:05 PM
OSU people are stupid heads and my dad can beat up any of theirs. ;)