PDA

View Full Version : Bedlam three???

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 08:11 PM
Do I even want to know?:O

I can't believe I used the "B-word." GD media has even brainwashed me.

OUMonster
5/14/2006, 08:17 PM
Lost 4-0

We scored a total of 2 runs in the whole series. This makes the time period when we were whipping Rice and winning 11 in a row seem like ages ago.

bri
5/14/2006, 08:18 PM
I can hear the t-shirt presses running in Stillwater as we speak...

TopDawg
5/14/2006, 08:29 PM
We need to finish strong in Lincoln.

Sooner24
5/14/2006, 08:39 PM

They just got swept at Baylor but I am sure they will score more then 2 runs in 27 innings so I am betting we get spanked in Lincoln too.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 08:51 PM
I guess we lost a regional out of this.

bri
5/14/2006, 08:54 PM

Should I wear my "FINISH" wristband this week? :D

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 08:58 PM
Should I wear my "FINISH" wristband this week? :Dheh, please don't. I think mine jinxed my trip to Myamma for the game that shall not be spoken of.

bri
5/14/2006, 09:42 PM
Dude, speak of it. It's been over a year.

Don't MAKE me bust out the jersey...:D

http://static.flickr.com/47/125996404_004229af74_m.jpg

AllAboutThe'O'
5/14/2006, 09:53 PM
Should I wear my "FINISH" wristband this week? :D
Maybe it's the red "Sooner Magic" wristband and the white "Sooners" wristband I've been wearing since I bought them on sale for a dollar at a sporting goods store in Enid yesterday. Since then, upon wearing the wristbands, I've watched OU lose in the Big XII softball finals and watched the baseball team get skunked at the Brick last night, then turn around and get skunked again today.

setem
5/14/2006, 11:29 PM
Anyone see the crap the Brokebacks pulled after the game?

They are some classy fellows!!!

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 11:33 PM

They are some classy fellows!!!Didn't

setem
5/14/2006, 11:41 PM
One of the OSU players handed McCutchen and newspaper that had a article with some stuff McCutchen said about the pokes. I think McCutchen had the right to talk he had 10 some odd K's friday night. The teams almost got into a fight, it was crazy.

Golloway is the man though. Even though he makes some crazy choices at 3rd base he still is awesome. I believe the whole thing ended with Gallow telling Anderson "Walk away or I'll kick your ***!" That was the boldest thing he did all weekend.

We got this skid out of the way now it is time to sweep Neb and host our regional. I think we make to a Super and after that I dont know. I would like to be able to see the Sooners while I am up in Omaha that week. Dont give up on them after one bad weekend.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/14/2006, 11:58 PM

They are some classy fellows!!!
I was standing above the right field wall near the foul pole the whole game on Saturday. Pretty much all the OSU fans that came wandering in that area were real civil, but there was this one guy that came by during the eighth inning when the game was pretty much well in hand. Well, one of the OSU players struck out and he was giving the player the business, dropping some curse words in the process. I gave him sort of a dirty look, like, "Don't even go there; you've got the game won, why don't you enjoy it you moron?" That's one of my pet peeves - never bitch when you've got a game won.

setem
5/15/2006, 12:10 AM
Saturday's game I sat next to poke fans and they were very nice. They rooted for their team like anyone should. They were very funny and very nice. Sunday's game was not that bad. There was a guy down from my nephew and I wearing a Oklahoma State shirt and a Rockies hat. He was a pretty big jerk. He bitched late in the game. I told my nephew never to act like that. What that guy from OSU did was bull$)#* and should have had his *** beat.

walkoffsooner
5/15/2006, 06:28 AM
I don't even watch osu or texas fans its like watching a retardo. Sooner or later he's going to **** his pants.

Taxman71
5/15/2006, 09:22 AM
I go to the OU-lOSUr games at the Brick every year and every year (regardless of who wins) I say I won't go back. It is like going to a game in Stillwater or the all-college. If OSU loses, they bitch, whine, complain about the refs and wanna fight. If OSU wins, they rub it in, dance on the rooftops, complain about the refs and wanna fight. The sad part, is none of em that wanted to fight looked like they could. Their athletic dept has absolutely no class.

setem
5/15/2006, 09:24 AM
The guy who handed McCutchen the newspaper was a backup. That is really really really really gay on his part. What hell did this guy do to help his team win? I know...I know he gave his team support by cheering loud from the pine. I am sure he is an all american on xbox. McCutchen is a starter and he was angry about a tough loss. If it had been one of the pitchers of OSU who handed him the paper I might be able to see how that works out. The guy has only played in the half of OSU's games. I think next year durring football we should let Hartley run the ball in on a 1st and goal! He should put up a few Heisman poses and really act like a jerk!

Wait we are not queer so that is no good.

Any Ideas?

Taxman71
5/15/2006, 10:16 AM
TI think next year durring football we should let Hartley run the ball in on a 1st and goal! He should put up a few Heisman poses and really act like a jerk!

Wait we are not queer so that is no good.

Any Ideas?

Ironically, the other Big 12 aggies acted like that when we had them down 77-0 a few years ago. I see a trend here....Aggy = ghey, especially their whole Village People YMCA-turned-o-s-u-pokes chant thing they do.

yur-out
5/15/2006, 11:23 AM
Aggy = ghey, especially their whole Village People YMCA-turned-o-s-u-pokes chant thing they do.
Taxman what do you expect?!? When they build thier athletic village, they offically will become the village people. So, they might as well adopt a "Village People" song. :D

setem
5/15/2006, 11:26 AM
I really hate that Orange - Power crap they do...I wanna stand up and start another one GAAAAAAAAY - PRIDE!

What the hell is orange power anyway?

How do you get power from orange?

I say we gas stillwater!

I know there is the Black Power thing but they are a race of people. I love black people btw!

I have never heard of orange people...have you?

GDC
5/15/2006, 12:35 PM
I still say it's on the doofus that wouldn't rally cap with us Friday night.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/images/2006/060515_b1_bed_b1bedlam15.jpg

Oklahoma St. 4, Oklahoma 0: Bedlam turns nasty
By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
5/15/2006

Pistol Pete's antics atop the OU dugout lead to an altercation.
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Pistol Pete holstered his six-shooters, laid down his shotgun and got downright nasty.

Wielding a tattered broom, the big-headed mascot from Oklahoma State began dancing atop the Oklahoma dugout, swinging and swaying and sweeping imaginary dirt onto the Sooners below.

That ignited an already volatile Bedlam baseball series and left head coaches of both teams standing at home plate exchanging threats and four-letter words.

And this was after the teams shook hands.

Oklahoma State shut out Oklahoma 4-0 Sunday at Bricktown Ballpark, the Cowboys' second straight Bedlam blanking after the Sooners had scored in 99 consecutive meetings with OSU, before a crowd of 10,849.

"I really think Pistol Pete dancing on our dugout with a broom is what really started this," said OU coach Sunny Golloway.

With the sweep, the 24th-ranked Cowboys (36-14, 15-9 Big 12) climbed over No. 9 OU (37-16, 15-9) for third place in the conference standings with one series to play.

With two out in the bottom of the ninth inning Sunday, OSU's mascot began his taunting act. The Sooners led the Big 12 in batting and scoring coming

into this series, but failed to score in 26 of the 27 innings, and they were not in the mood.

"It feels bad already when you're getting swept," said OU outfielder Chuckie Caufield, "but then you turn around and see Pistol Pete on your dugout and he's got a broom, and he's dancing or whatever. . . ."

That stirred the Sooners further, and when the teams began their routine postgame handshake at home plate, things were said by some of the Cowboys that didn't sit well.

After shaking hands, taunts were exchanged, including one between OU reserve Matt Lovelady and OSU catcher Matt Clarkson. Savage then turned around and started shouting at OSU reserve Steve Ptak, and Ptak shouted back.

"That guy didn't even play, to be honest. That just kind of got under my skin a little bit," Savage said. ". . . He's sitting over there on the bench and doesn't even play. And he's going to come talking and gloating on us."

OSU coach Frank Anderson stepped in and motioned for everyone -- on both sides -- to calm down and get back to their dugout.

Then Golloway stepped in and told Anderson to take care of his own players; he'd do the same.

"All I told Frank was, 'Tell your guys to go back. Don't start yelling at my guys,' " Golloway said.

Then Anderson and Golloway stood inches from each other, pointing and gesturing. One coach issued a threat, the other told him where he could put it. Anderson started to walk away, but turned and confronted Golloway again. The exchange lasted some 30 seconds before Anderson walked away.

Asked if he regretted that such a positive win for his team ended with an ugly scene, Anderson said, "It didn't get ugly. Did you see any blows thrown or anything? There's two competitive teams. They are an outstanding club. We were fortunate to play as well as we did."

Anderson declined further comment on the altercation, and Golloway denied that any threats were made.

A three-day crowd of 35,177 watched the first sweep in the series since 2001.

The incident overshadowed a superb pitching performance by OSU starter Oliver Odle. Odle (4-3) scattered nine hits, walked two and struck out four in a complete-game bid. He threw 128 pitches, but allowed just two runners to reach third base all day.

OU hitters were 2-for-17 with runners on base.

OU batted just .229 in the series, and the Cowboys' earned run average for the three games was 0.67.

"That shows how our pitchers are pitching right now," said OSU shortstop Jordy Mercer, who hit his second home run of the series Sunday.

OU committed four errors in the series, two on Sunday. Asked if he could take anything positive from the series, Golloway hesitated.

"I don't really think so. I don't," he said. "Maybe playing in front of the large crowd? But other than that, I'm just looking forward to going to practice."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John E. Hoover 581-8384
[email protected]

bri
5/15/2006, 06:22 PM
And people ask me why I hate aggy so f*ckin' much...:mad:

SeattleOUstudent
5/15/2006, 06:41 PM
And people ask me why I hate aggy so f*ckin' much...:mad:

EZACKLY!

GDC
5/16/2006, 09:17 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/images/2006/060516_B3_Bedla24408_b3fight16.jpg

Bedlam incident could have been avoided
By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
5/16/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format

Bedlam was going to happen Sunday regardless of whether Pistol Pete performed his broom dance atop the Oklahoma dugout, the Oklahoma State dugout or out in the parking lot.

Because someone from OSU had already decided they were going to ask OU pitcher Daniel McCutchen to eat his words.

It was the players' taunting, not Pete's, that touched off a shoutfest and ultimately led to an embarrassing situation for OSU coach Frank Anderson and OU coach Sunny Golloway.

In fairness, Pistol Pete had it right -- sort of. Dancing on a dugout with a broom was good gamesmanship, a rare opportunity to revel in one's success in a bitter and close rivalry.

But maybe Pete can't see too well inside that giant head. He strode to OU's dugout instead of OSU's. That crossed the line of sportsmanship. Watching the scene unfold from the second row behind the plate, it was encouraging to see there were more OSU fans embarrassed by the incident than there were Cowboy fans cheering him on.

It was surprising that Bricktown Ballpark ushers and security sat by and watched it happen. It was even more surprising no one from OU took action themselves, tossing a baseball or a Gatorade bucket.

After getting embarrassed by a rival three nights in a row, the Sooners showed uncommon restraint by not pounding Pete.

Still, all Pete did was make the Sooners mad and embarrass Anderson, who apologized to Golloway and later reported his distaste to ballpark officials.

No, what really lit the fuse was one Cowboy's insistence on sticking it to McCutchen.

As the teams shook hands following OSU's 4-0 victory Sunday, one Cowboy gave McCutchen a copy of a newspaper article in which he was quoted predicting the outcome of the series.

After McCutchen's 4-2 loss Friday in Tulsa, he figured his team would do what it has done most of the season and win the next two.

"Our team's going to get fired up, they're going to come out and score 15 runs (Saturday) and we're going to win 15-2, and then we're going to win on Sunday."

Golloway said he talked to McCutchen about predictions and "bulletin-board material," especially in a series as intense as this one.

In McCutchen's defense, he was frustrated by a continued lack of run support, and his words seemed to be intended to encourage his teammates rather than to attack the opponent. Still, he might have shown restraint.

Golloway said he was told OSU catcher Matt Clarkson was the one who tried to give McCutchen the clipping. A published report indicted reserve Steve Ptak, who got into a verbal exchange with OU pitcher Will Savage. Regardless, whoever clipped the article, stored it during the game and retrieved it before the handshake might also have shown better restraint.

Finally, the coaches simply should have known better. Golloway and Anderson's profanity-laced showdown at home plate after the players were separated should have never happened.

Golloway told Anderson to get his team back and walk away or "I'll kick your (expletive)."

Anderson's reply was equally childish: "(Expletive) you."

Both men deserve credit for their coaching acumen. Both are good baseball men. Obviously both are intense competitors.

But both are also leaders of young men and representatives of institutions of higher learning. As such, both should be above such playground-bully reactions to a tense situation.

Driller thriller: Whoever sells Bedlam tickets at Bricktown Ballpark could take a lesson from the Drillers.

A fan melee Saturday that led to at least four individuals being handcuffed and taken away might have been avoided if the fans were split up, like they are for the Tulsa game. Putting OU fans down the third base line and OSU fans down the first base line can't guarantee a fight-free evening, but it greatly reduces the likelihood.

Final answer: Golloway said he was "not making excuses, I'm just speaking of reality" when he pointed out that his team took final exams and had just one full practice last week while "Oklahoma State's finals were last week; they had unlimited practice."

Golloway said, "our kids really looked tired in this series."

Golloway said some players, like McCutchen and outfielder Aaron Ivey, had all-night cram sessions.

"That's something we want our administration to take a hard look at," Golloway said. "Let's not play Bedlam on the back end of either OU or OSU's finals. It means too much. I can't imagine playing OU-Texas football on the back end of finals. Why play Bedlam like that? There's enough emotions involved. You get exhausted."

Oliver's twist: OSU pitcher Oliver Odle found out when he got to The Brick on Sunday that he would be starting. The Pryor product had his best outing of the year, a complete-game shutout.

"You just learn to go with it," Odle said. "I knew how I could pitch, so I just went out there and did it."

Said Anderson, "We were hoping we could get four or five (innings) out of him."

Lordy, Jordy: The best player in the series was OSU's Jordy Mercer, a 19-year-old freshman from Taloga (pop. 369).

Mercer was error-free in three starts at shortstop, turned a handful of dynamic defensive plays, pitched a scoreless ninth inning on Friday for his third save, and hit two home runs.

"Oh man, it was amazing," Mercer said. "This is what you dream about right here. It's unbelievable. I've got all my fans here, this is my hometown almost, all here. Somebody said there's 50 people here. It's amazing.".

Big Red Ron
5/16/2006, 12:56 PM
Finals and OU/osu games shouldn't ever intersect.

bri
5/16/2006, 01:44 PM

THAT'S RIGHT, aggy BITCH! BLEED, YOU F*CKER! BLEED!!!!!

Taxman71
5/16/2006, 02:02 PM
So those diehard pukes really don't bleed orange.

snp
5/16/2006, 03:14 PM

I think that guy bleeds bbq sauce.

DeadSolidPerfect
5/16/2006, 03:52 PM

.First Stunned Aggie now Bleeding Aggie

Jimminy Crimson
5/16/2006, 03:53 PM
That World writer is a retard. OU was on the 3rd base side, puke state on 1st. Like there weren't any OU fans in the orange section in Tulsa.

If I were playing for OU, I might've gotten on top of the dugout to beatdown Pete. At least stolen the head and bashed it with a bat.

I'm partially to blame for the melee, though. I got shot a look by Pete, the 2nd Pete not wearing the head, and their handler after telling them ":eddie:'S DRUNK!" after seeing them in the concourse. :cool:

bri
5/16/2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah, that guy's on crack if he thinks OU and aggy were separated in Tulsa. We were sitting in a SEA of orange, and I don't think they were asking "Sooner or aggy?" when you called in to order your ticket. Yet another example of the Tulsa World being staffed 100% by barely functional retards.

And I can't even BEGIN to recap how much "drunk Eddie" sh*t I talked before, during, and after the game. :D

bri
5/16/2006, 06:09 PM

I don't know...I think I should bust a few more of them open just to test your theory.

Jimminy Crimson
5/16/2006, 06:18 PM

THAT'S RIGHT, aggy BITCH! BLEED, YOU F*CKER! BLEED!!!!!

Maybe a farkmeister can put the VT pointing guy on here as well :D

bri
5/16/2006, 06:29 PM
nah, that would just distract from the pure beauty that is aggy Patton Oswalt bleeding like a 8-year-old on his first Neverland Ranch sleepover...