PDA

View Full Version : MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE: Grand Finale

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/14/2006, 03:27 PM
One of the best comedy show OF ALL TIME, IMHO. I think they would have lasted even longer if Fox had put them in a better time slot. The last show tonight at 7:30 Mountain time.

bri
5/14/2006, 03:33 PM
That show is still on?

5/14/2006, 03:58 PM
That show is still on?A bad time slot will get that kind of reaction.

birddog
5/14/2006, 05:08 PM
i used to watch it all the time. now i just walk the dogs til family guy is on.

Widescreen
5/14/2006, 05:13 PM
Fox really dropped the ball on Malcolm. Their timeslot sucked and it was always getting preempted by the NFL. It became impossible to follow it. Fox is becoming my least favorite network after this and what they did to Arrested Development.

5/14/2006, 05:21 PM
Fox really dropped the ball on Malcolm. Their timeslot sucked and it was always getting preempted by the NFL. It became impossible to follow it. Fox is becoming my least favorite network after this and what they did to Arrested Development.Those are EXACTLY my sentiments. I see you like "The Office", too. NBC is pushing "My Name is Earl" a lot harder than "The Office", when "The Office" is substantially funnier, IMO. But, at least NBC hasn't buried "The Office".

yermom
5/14/2006, 05:26 PM
Fox really dropped the ball on Malcolm. Their timeslot sucked and it was always getting preempted by the NFL. It became impossible to follow it. Fox is becoming my least favorite network after this and what they did to Arrested Development.

NFL on Fox is lame anyway, same with Baseball :mad:

sooneron
5/14/2006, 05:28 PM
I think all shows should have a statute of limitations of 7 years. That's it, and they're done. Cheers was on 2 years too long, MASH AT LEAST 2 years (they all looked like geezers towards the end). The list goes on...

5/14/2006, 05:33 PM
I think all shows should have a statute of limitations of 7 years. That's it, and they're done. Cheers was on 2 years too long, MASH AT LEAST 2 years (they all looked like geezers towards the end). The list goes on...Yeah, but Bart, Homer, Lisa, Marge, AND EVEN MAGGIE don't appear to have aged AT ALL....WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

OUinFLA
5/14/2006, 05:52 PM
I think all shows should have a statute of limitations of 7 years. That's it, and they're done. Cheers was on 2 years too long, MASH AT LEAST 2 years (they all looked like geezers towards the end). The list goes on...

and just WHAT is wrong with "old geezers"??
:mad:

you're gonna suffer the wrath of the "old guys clique" if you arent careful.

birddog
5/14/2006, 08:59 PM
that was pretty good for a finale, eh?

proud gonzo
5/14/2006, 09:05 PM
Those are EXACTLY my sentiments. I see you like "The Office", too. NBC is pushing "My Name is Earl" a lot harder than "The Office", when "The Office" is substantially funnier, IMO. But, at least NBC hasn't buried "The Office".

weird--I think The Office is retarded (unless you're talking about the original BBC version.) but enjoy My Name is Earl on occasion.

oh, and by the way--what's up with the commercials calling the office the "most original comedy on television"??? It's a DIRECT rip off of a british show? How exactly is that original? :rolleyes:

Norm In Norman
5/14/2006, 10:28 PM
A) MitM is another case of Fox trying to kill off a show and succeeding. And as long as you putzes keep watching crap like American Idol, they will continue doing this. I can't imagine the amount of money they are making just because you people are paying $1 to vote for those no talent *** clowns. MitM used to be in a fairly good spot. Not great, but not horrible. Then they moved it to 5:30 for a while I think, then maybe 6, and then it got pre-empted a lot. Funny thing is, I think it got Futurama's time slot. Everybody loved that show and it got the axe too.

B) I would say that since Ricky Gervais is like an executive producer or something of The Office (US) that it's NOT a ripoff of The Office (UK). I don't think you can rip off yourself.

C) Funnily enough, I used to like That 70s Show, which is also ending this year or something. They started moving it around too and I thought it was going to die too. Then they bought new writers that were not nearly as funny, changed the opening theme, and kept it at the same time slot. These same writers not only ran foreman off the show, but turned the redhead into a blonde. WTF? And somehow it made it several years. I just don't get it. They should have killed it back before they ruined it.

D) BRING BACK ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!!! I've noticed that everyone in hollywood seems to think this is their favorite show. Stupid fox idiots.

E) The Office (US) is going to have a 3rd season. WOO HOO!!! Luck of the norm says it will be the last. At least 2 or more of the 9 writers for it star in the show. Maybe that will keep it on track.

soonerboomer93
5/14/2006, 11:16 PM
It's not the writers that killed That 70's Show, it's Topher Grace leaving it. It's not nearly as funny without him and Ashton

5/15/2006, 12:30 AM
Excellent comments, Norm. I can't help but think a smart network would pick up Malcolm, and make some more serious coins with it.

Norm In Norman
5/15/2006, 07:41 AM
It's not the writers that killed That 70's Show, it's Topher Grace leaving it. It's not nearly as funny without him and Ashton
Nope, I'm talking like first season or so. I thought it was better the first season. Then they made major changes and I liked it maybe 60% as much as before. I gave up on it a long time ago.

Mjcpr
5/15/2006, 07:47 AM
I can't imagine the amount of money they are making just because you people are paying $1 to vote for those no talent *** clowns.

I don't think it costs anything to vote.

Norm In Norman
5/15/2006, 07:55 AM
Oh. I must be thinking of some other stupid assed show.

About that 70s show...

http://www.tv.com/that-70s-show/show/246/episode_guide.html?season=1

It's funny, because looking at the "community rating", the show obviously jumped the shark after season 2. The first 2 seasons appear to be mostly 9s with some 8s thrown in. After that they all seem to be 8s with a few 7s and the odd 9 thrown in.

Apparantly, if you are able to breathe then you can wrote an episode of that 70s show. I couldn't keep track of all the writers.

Norm In Norman
5/15/2006, 07:57 AM
Actually, I guess it happened more around the 3rd season.

Penguin
5/15/2006, 09:31 AM
How in the world does anybody like British comedy shows? First of all, their humor is asinine. Secondly, I can't understand those mother****ers.

Brits can't talk. They make the "t" and "d" sounds from the back of their throats rather than using their teeth. Does anyone else notice this? It drives me crazy!

Grimey
5/15/2006, 09:36 AM
screw That 70s Show. That 80's Show RAWKED:rolleyes:

Penguin
5/15/2006, 09:54 AM
screw That 70s Show. That 80's Show RAWKED:rolleyes:

Best 3 episode series ever!

5/15/2006, 10:57 AM
With Lois testing pregnant in the finale, the stage is set for a continuation of Malcolm. I would love to see it.

Boarder
5/15/2006, 11:04 AM
I got the Office 2nd season DVD (British one) for Christmas by accident. So, I kept it and watched it. It's hilarious. But, I really have to use the subtitles to understand it.

5/15/2006, 11:08 AM
I got the Office 2nd season DVD (British one) for Christmas by accident. So, I kept it and watched it. It's hilarious. But, I really have to use the subtitles to understand it.Never seen the Brit version of "The Office", but the American version is easily my favorite comedy on TV, now that Malcolm is gone.

yermom
5/15/2006, 11:10 AM
i like both versions of The Office, but they are pretty different, i think it's probably my favorite comedy as well, only 2nd overall to Lost i think

you are right though Norm, **** Idol

hopefully it will go the way of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

5/15/2006, 11:17 AM
i like both versions of The Office, but they are pretty different, i think it's probably my favorite comedy as well, only 2nd overall to Lost i think

you are right though Norm, **** Idol

hopefully it will go the way of Who Wants To Be A MillionaireI have never watched "Lost". You were joking about it being a comedy, right? I like "American Idol" pretty well, but agree that Fox has absolutely thrown money away by hiding "Malcolm" the way they did. Oh, well, It's just effin' TV.

Penguin
5/15/2006, 12:06 PM
Oh, well, It's just effin' TV.

Don't say that. Don't you EVER say that. :mad:

5/15/2006, 12:13 PM
Don't say that. Don't you EVER say that. :mad:Yeah, we've lived with it all our lives. Things would sure be different without "The Mary Tyler Moore" show, eh?

Norm In Norman
5/15/2006, 12:28 PM
I got the Office 2nd season DVD (British one) for Christmas by accident. So, I kept it and watched it. It's hilarious. But, I really have to use the subtitles to understand it.
Yeah, I'm sure i would like it more if I used subtitles. You really have to concentrate to know what the hell they are talking about.

Mjcpr
5/15/2006, 12:31 PM
You really have to concentrate to know what the hell they are talking about.

And that pretty much defeats the purpose of watching TV.

Norm In Norman
5/15/2006, 12:34 PM
Damn straight.

Well, you had to really concentrate on Arrested Development just to get the jokes and I was OK with that. At least I wasn't working so hard just to understand the words though.

Boarder
5/15/2006, 12:35 PM
Well, if I choose to watch a foreign show, I kind of expect it. In an American show, not so much.

tbl
5/15/2006, 12:41 PM
That 70's show definitely ended when Foreman and Kelso left. The last two season with the full cast were by far the best.

The Office (US) is far and away the funniest sitcom on TV (now that AD is gone). The British series was hilarious as well, but I think the US version after two seasons has topped the Brits after two. I do see a problem with the 3rd, now that Jim has let it all out. Ricky was smart to end the British version after 2 (he planned it that way all along). I think next season we could be in for some shark jumpage.

To compare what Fox did to Malcolm to what they did AD is ridiculous. Malcolm had TONS of commercial support in the beginning, plus they kept in on for YEARS after it lost an audience.

yermom
5/15/2006, 12:46 PM
I have never watched "Lost". You were joking about it being a comedy, right? I like "American Idol" pretty well, but agree that Fox has absolutely thrown money away by hiding "Malcolm" the way they did. Oh, well, It's just effin' TV.

i'm saying the only show on TV, comedy or otherwise, that i think i like better is Lost

you guys have that much problem understanding Brits?

they are speaking English ;)

i must have picked up a lot of British slang somewhere...

Norm In Norman
5/15/2006, 12:50 PM
It's the mumbling that gets me. It all sounds like mumbling. i could always understand Benny Hill though.

Boarder
5/15/2006, 01:16 PM
Understanding some Cajuns is hard and they're supposedly speaking English.

5/15/2006, 01:40 PM
To compare what Fox did to Malcolm to what they did AD is ridiculous. Malcolm had TONS of commercial support in the beginning, plus they kept in on for YEARS after it lost an audience.Agreed Malcolm was promoted in the beginning, but as another poster said, they started burying it(NFL broadcasts, I think) and moving it around, until people forgot what day and when it was on. In short, the last couple of yrs. it was treated like AD.