PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mormons day

Penguin
5/14/2006, 12:09 PM
I think the Mormons are still at church. They've been there since 6am.

Flagstaffsooner
5/14/2006, 12:13 PM
http://www.polygamyinfo.com/_borders/newsweek_11-5-00.jpg

oumartin
5/14/2006, 12:14 PM
how many mothers day cards does a mormon husband have to buy so that all of his kids have a card to give to their mothers. Holidays would be a **tch.

oumartin
5/14/2006, 12:14 PM
flag just showed the guys two daughters and his two wives! er. two of his wives

Flagstaffsooner
5/14/2006, 12:22 PM
The Hubler clan will be chiming in soon.

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 12:51 PM
I think the Mormons are still at church. They've been there since 6am.
Yep and I'm pretty damn tired. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
5/14/2006, 12:59 PM
Told ya.

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 01:06 PM
Told ya.
Why hell it just begs for me to reply. :)

Mormon soonerfans are rare outside of Hublers I guess. ;) Oh, and CJ Ah You's Family as well.

oumartin
5/14/2006, 01:10 PM
hublers are good mormon folk. most are. but there are those mormon families you just cannot put your finger on. and don't turn your back or they'll marry your youngest daughter

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 01:16 PM
hublers are good mormon folk. most are. but there are those mormon families you just cannot put your finger on. and don't turn your back or they'll marry your youngest daughter
http://www.pizzazzmagazine.com/img/warren-jeffs-police-sketch.jpg

That picture just screams sick-bastard. But he's not Mormon. O well... :)

Okla-homey
5/14/2006, 01:39 PM
I considered Mormonism once, but the idea of eternally procreating in the celestial sphere makes me tired just thinking about it.

Also, the ban on coffee was a deal-breaker.;)

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 01:40 PM
I considered Mormonism once, but the idea of eternally procreating in the celestial sphere makes me tired just thinking about it.

Also, the ban on coffee was a deal-breaker.;)
HEH

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 01:50 PM
I've never met a mormon I didn't like.

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 01:53 PM
I've never met a mormon I didn't like.
Come visit me in Utah, I'll show you alot I don't like. :)

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 01:54 PM
Come visit me in Utah, I'll show you alot I don't like. :)

Heh, aye. To be fair I haven't met all that many. Baylor isn't known as a mormon enclave.

oumartin
5/14/2006, 02:15 PM
I can think of alot of Babtists though! ;)

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 02:36 PM
I can think of alot of Babtists though! ;)
I don't think I've ever met a Baptist I DID like. ;-) I'm only half-way kidding; they really do drive me nuts.

If I ever start going to church again I think I may go Episcopalian.

oumartin
5/14/2006, 02:38 PM
Well they can drive themselves nuts in heaven. After all they'll be the only ones there. :D

slickdawg
5/14/2006, 02:45 PM
Q: What do you call a brickmason that stirs his mortar with a fork?

A: A MORTER FORKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

oumartin
5/14/2006, 02:48 PM
I don't know what? ;)

critical_phil
5/14/2006, 02:50 PM

episcopalians: 1 commandment, 9 suggestions.....

Okla-homey
5/14/2006, 02:53 PM

Don't you think their prelates' political orientations* would be kind of hard for you to abide?

*to say nothing of their sexual orientations

oumartin
5/14/2006, 02:55 PM
I know a woman that is Episcopalian and she is smokin' hawt!

Okla-homey
5/14/2006, 03:08 PM
I know a woman

Does she live waaaay 'cross town?

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 03:40 PM
Don't you think theow prelates' political orientations* would be kind of hard for you to abide?

*to say nothing of their sexual orientations

Yes, the political aspect would be hard to swallow. However, I really really do not like churches getting involved in politics so it doesn't matter much to me how liberal or conservative the church is politically. I also like my religion pretty liberal.

I've never been comfortable in church for a variety of reasons. I really really do not like how so many churches today are so contemporary. I hate all of that new-age in yoru face christian rock stuff. I don't like the preacher on the Harley type.

I also don't like the whole touchy-feely stuff with other members of the church; that stuff disturbs me. I also don't like singing at all. I don't mind listening to a choir, but I don't want to have to stand up and sing. I'd rather just sit and listen to a sermon in the same way I sit and listen to class lectures (which I generally do enjoy).

I also want something more reserved, staid, and much more formal. I guess a lot more WASPy and elitist is what I'm looking for. Now, to what extent the Episcopalin church fits that bill I'm not sure. I am however open to suggestions if you know a church more in-tune with what I described.

hurricane'bone
5/14/2006, 03:47 PM
I work for a ****load of mormons

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 04:00 PM
Yes, the political aspect would be hard to swallow. However, I really really do not like churches getting involved in politics so it doesn't matter much to me how liberal or conservative the church is politically. I also like my religion pretty liberal.

I've never been comfortable in church for a variety of reasons. I really really do not like how so many churches today are so contemporary. I hate all of that new-age in yoru face christian rock stuff. I don't like the preacher on the Harley type.

I also don't like the whole touchy-feely stuff with other members of the church; that stuff disturbs me. I also don't like singing at all. I don't mind listening to a choir, but I don't want to have to stand up and sing. I'd rather just sit and listen to a sermon in the same way I sit and listen to class lectures (which I generally do enjoy).

I also want something more reserved, staid, and much more formal. I guess a lot more WASPy and elitist is what I'm looking for. Now, to what extent the Episcopalin church fits that bill I'm not sure. I am however open to suggestions if you know a church more in-tune with what I described.
Why do you hate TFC? ;) :D ;)

Penguin
5/14/2006, 10:14 PM
Yep and I'm pretty damn tired. ;)

Heh. I grew up next door next to Mormons and we would notice that they would go to church at 6am and wouldn't get back until mid-afternoon. So we quickly assumed that all Mormons did that.

We later found out that the father was the bishop at the local LDS church. So, I guess that explains that. :texan:

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 10:29 PM
Heh. I grew up next door next to Mormons and we would notice that they would go to church at 6am and wouldn't get back until mid-afternoon. So we quickly assumed that all Mormons did that.

We later found out that the father was the bishop at the local LDS church. So, I guess that explains that. :texan:
My FIL was Bishop up till last fall. Mercy! His time was always so limited.

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 10:44 PM
Man, I've got a terrible story about a couple of Mormon guys who came to my apartment door one day....

This one Friday afternoon just when I get home from class I get a knock on my door. So I answer it and there are two guys about my age standing there in suits with Bibles (I really should have looked to see who was outside before answering). At first I think they're Antioch so I was REALLY wishing the Reno Justice Department were still around (there's some inside-Waco humor). They introduce themselves as members of the church of the LDS and they want to know if they can come in and talk to me about Mormonism.

Anywhoo, I tell them that I'm REALLY busy but of course they're persistent to so they ask if they can come back tomorrow morning (yes a Saturday MORNING) and talk to me then. So in an effort to be polite I say yes.

Well, that night a couple of friends came over and we were drinking and one of them drinks way too much and can't drive home. So he crashes on my futon for the night, but I make sure to warn him about the Mormons coming the next morning (whether or not he remembered that I don't know).

So the next morning comes and said friend opens the door wearing a t-shirt and boxers and they introduce themselves and ask if they can talk to SicEmBaylor. Well, this friend I guess decided it would be a riot to play "gay" so he yells at me (I'm in my bedroom) in this really gay lispy voice, "sweetie the mormons are here to talk to us about our heresay." At that point I'm absolutely horrified beyond words and decide to remain silent and hope it all just goes away. He tells them I'm in the shower and that he's going about to join me so they made a hasty retreat and never came around again.

Yes, I need new friends.

No, I probably shouldn't have told that story. :sigh:

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 10:54 PM
Man, I've got a terrible story about a couple of Mormon guys who came to my apartment door one day....

This one Friday afternoon just when I get home from class I get a knock on my door. So I answer it and there are two guys about my age standing there in suits with Bibles (I really should have looked to see who was outside before answering). At first I think they're Antioch so I was REALLY wishing the Reno Justice Department were still around (there's some inside-Waco humor). They introduce themselves as members of the church of the LDS and they want to know if they can come in and talk to me about Mormonism.

Anywhoo, I tell them that I'm REALLY busy but of course they're persistent to so they ask if they can come back tomorrow morning (yes a Saturday MORNING) and talk to me then. So in an effort to be polite I say yes.

Well, that night a couple of friends came over and we were drinking and one of them drinks way too much and can't drive home. So he crashes on my futon for the night, but I make sure to warn him about the Mormons coming the next morning (whether or not he remembered that I don't know).

So the next morning comes and said friend opens the door wearing a t-shirt and boxers and they introduce themselves and ask if they can talk to SicEmBaylor. Well, this friend I guess decided it would be a riot to play "gay" so he yells at me (I'm in my bedroom) in this really gay lispy voice, "sweetie the mormons are here to talk to us about our heresay." At that point I'm absolutely horrified beyond words and decide to remain silent and hope it all just goes away. He tells them I'm in the shower and that he's going about to join me so they made a hasty retreat and never came around again.

Yes, I need new friends.

No, I probably shouldn't have told that story. :sigh:

Not bad. Had it been me and my Missionary companion, we'd have had you and your friend baptized and singing Mormon Hymns by midafternoon. ;) :D ;) :D

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 10:55 PM
Not bad. Had it been me and my Missionary companion, we'd have had you and your friend baptized and singing Mormon Hymns by midafternoon. ;) :D ;) :D

You'd have an easier time with me. He's Roman Catholic.

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 11:23 PM
You'd have an easier time with me. He's Roman Catholic.
Heh. :D

The Elders that came and visited you were probably some squirrely Utahns who'd never seen a gay person.

Wimps. :D

SicEmBaylor
5/14/2006, 11:32 PM
Heh. :D

The Elders that came and visited you were probably some squirrely Utahns who'd never seen a gay person.

Wimps. :D

lol, just to clarify he isn't really gay. ;-)

critical_phil
5/14/2006, 11:44 PM

we don't know about the other guy, but here's what we do know:

1. Sic'em drives a VW bug
2. Sic'em wants a religion that's more like a formal tea
3. Sic'em turns down horny chicks that show up at the door step

:twinkies:

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 11:48 PM
I figured so. NTTAWWT ;)

OCUDad
5/15/2006, 10:33 AM
Heh, aye. To be fair I haven't met all that many. Baylor is known as a moron enclave.Fixed that for you.

handcrafted
5/15/2006, 10:43 AM

Episcopalian pretty much fits as close as anything, from my (admittedly limited) experience with them. I know that a lot of Episcopalian churches in Texas have distanced themselves from the main American denomination over the gay bishop issue, but I don't know how "political" or activist they are about it. For all I know, you might not even notice if you went to one of them.

Scott D
5/15/2006, 11:27 AM
Episcopalian pretty much fits as close as anything, from my (admittedly limited) experience with them. I know that a lot of Episcopalian churches in the UNITED STATES have distanced themselves from the NEW HAMPSHIRE denomination over the gay bishop issue, but I don't know how "political" or activist they are about it. For all I know, you might not even notice if you went to one of them.

Fixed that for ya skippy. I hope you are aware that an attempt raise another gay man to bishop got shot down..In California. I do marginally keep up with the religion I was baptised in.

Flagstaffsooner
5/15/2006, 01:56 PM
When the Seventh day whatevers knock on my door I always try to answer it in my underwear.

Mjcpr
5/15/2006, 01:58 PM
When the Seventh day whatevers knock on my door I always try to answer it in my underwear.

The Seven Inch Adventists?

:D

Flagstaffsooner
5/15/2006, 02:13 PM
The Seven Inch Adventists?

:DThe folks with the Watchtower mag.

May be the Jehovahs Witnessess.

NormanPride
5/15/2006, 03:15 PM
I've never had a problem with any of the door-to-door types. They're always really nice, and if you invite them in and listen to them, lots of times they're so ecstatic to be inside and having "fun" that they forget to be pushy to try and convert you. :D

Plus, I'm completely happy in my religious beliefs, so they never really get anything out of the visit other than something to drink.