PDA

View Full Version : Pantera: Behind the Music

Veritas
5/14/2006, 12:33 AM
On right now on. If you're not watching it you should be.

RIP Dimebag \m/

Scott D
5/14/2006, 12:35 AM
um....no? :)

Veritas
5/14/2006, 12:36 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt your Journey marathon. :D

Scott D
5/14/2006, 12:39 AM
eff Journey....bad enough I have to suffer through them at the Def Leppard concert in July...bastard!

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 11:19 AM
:mad: Hopefully it will be on again soon.

yermom
5/15/2006, 11:29 AM
i tried to TiVo it but got some weird mix of that Supergroup show and the RATT one :mad:

yermom
5/15/2006, 11:30 AM
and Pantera showed me what a live rock show was supposed to be like

wow.

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 11:31 AM
It's on again Wed at noon.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/behind_the_music/103990/episode.jhtml

yermom
5/15/2006, 11:35 AM
yeah, i think that is when TiVo is supposed to get it again

Veritas
5/15/2006, 11:51 AM
I didn't know Phil Anselmo is going to be singing with "Alice In Chains."

I wasn't an Anselmo fan before I saw that BTM. I am most definitely not now.

yermom
5/15/2006, 12:05 PM
I didn't know Phil Anselmo is going to be singing with "Alice In Chains."

I wasn't an Anselmo fan before I saw that BTM. I am most definitely not now.

i saw him singing with them on VH-1 Classic last week with Heart

i thought he did a pretty good jorb

tbl
5/15/2006, 12:20 PM
I still think he bears the brunt of the responsibility for the breakup and the bad feelings. I mean, you can't blame the Paul camp for hating his guts. The way they look at it, Pantera would still be together, and thus, Dime wouldn't have been killed.

and BTW, dinkin flicka to you as well, colleyville. ;) Great finale, huh?!

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 01:32 PM
I still think he bears the brunt of the responsibility for the breakup and the bad feelings. I mean, you can't blame the Paul camp for hating his guts. The way they look at it, Pantera would still be together, and thus, Dime wouldn't have been killed.

and BTW, dinkin flicka to you as well, colleyville. ;) Great finale, huh?!

Anselmo is an *******. Great metal singer though.

And lewboski, make sure you fleece it out. ;)

GDC
5/17/2006, 02:42 PM
I can't believe those pussies just stood around and watched that guy shoot up the place.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2006, 05:28 PM
People do weird things when they watch somebody shoot their brother/friend in the head.

StoopTroup
5/17/2006, 05:40 PM
I can't believe that anything bad would happen to anyone from Pantera.

Their music was so inspirational. Only Debbie Gibson can compare to their creative force in the Music Industry. ;)

GDC
5/17/2006, 06:00 PM
People do weird things when they watch somebody shoot their brother/friend in the head.

They had him outnumbered, they should have rushed him and shredded him with their bare hands.

mrowl
5/17/2006, 06:02 PM
all the pantera guys used to sit in front of us at Stars games. They knew their hockey.

tbl
5/17/2006, 06:07 PM
That's kinda tought to say, gdc. I mean, all they were armed with were their axes and the shredding speed of metal. I'd take a 12 Gauge over that any day when confronting a former marine armed with a .45.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/17/2006, 06:08 PM
I can't believe that anything bad would happen to anyone from Pantera.

Their music was so inspirational. Only Debbie Gibson can compare to their creative force in the Music Industry. ;)

This is making me have angry feelings...

yermom
5/19/2006, 12:48 AM
finally saw this :(

i had no idea how young they started :eek:

the EVH thing was pretty cool

i'm glad i got to see them back in the day

ousoonerfan
2/5/2007, 11:32 PM
Cowboys From Hell.

Best.
Metal.
Album.
Evar.

drunkytown resident, forgive me.

TopDawg
2/5/2007, 11:33 PM
Behind the "Music"

;)

bluedogok
2/5/2007, 11:38 PM
I saw them about a month after I moved to Dallas at The Basement (1991). I had no idea who they were but some people in my apartments invited me to go along, it was quite a show.

ousoonerfan
2/5/2007, 11:39 PM
I saw them about a month after I moved to Dallas at The Basement (1991). I had no idea who they were but some people in my apartments invited me to go along, it was quite a show.

I saw them at the Caberet in Tulsa. Don't remember what year, but it was the Vulgar Display of Power tour. Rocked my face off.

Pricetag
2/5/2007, 11:48 PM
It makes me puke that freaking Nickleback has that tribute song to Dimebag, as if the wussified brand of new rock that they peddle is worthy of such a thing.

tbl
2/6/2007, 12:44 AM
My Pantera story....

I was on my way to rock in 1996 with Pantera for a New Years Eve gig at Will Rogers Coliseum, driving my 4 month old jet black, new body style, 1995 Pontiac Firebird. Flying at ~90 mph on 35W Northbound trying to race a Vette, I took the exit for 30W, slowing down to maybe 75. I had never taken that exit, and for anybody that remembers the old Fort Worth "mixmaster", it was a straight 90 degree curve to the left (that's what she said).

As bad-A as the bird was, it couldn't hang with the momentum. Tires skidded and I SLAMMED that guardrail into smitherenes. I wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and the airbag saved my life.

After it happened, I pulled what was left of the bird into the median, got out my huge cell phone, and called the cops. Why? Because that's what I thought you did. I then calmly gathered all my roaches, put them in my dugout (AKA one hitter), and stuffed it all down my pants.

The cops got there:
"What do you want us to do?'
"I don't know. I thought I was supposed to call you guys."
"What for? You're okay, right."
"Yeah."
"Do you want us to call a tow truck?"
"No. I got my bag phone. I'll call my Meema."

I call Meema who then comes down with the tow truck driver. We take the car to the dealership, then she takes me downtown and drops me off at the hotel with my buddies so I could go to the concert. Still had plenty of time to smoke out in the hotel and make it to the show on time.

I did learn that after being in a serious car wreck like that, there are effects it might have on the head that you might not realize. A nice Pantera concert will bring it all out in the open though... Still, it was an awesome night.

FWIW, the Firebird is alive and well. A couple of years ago I sold it to my former bandmate/best friend. Actually, it was his house I was coming from to head to the concert.

Ahhh... to be 37 again.

;)