PDA

View Full Version : Clinton v. Bush

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 07:29 PM
Interesting.

Discuss...lol

(CNN) -- In a new poll comparing President Bush's job performance with that of his predecessor, a strong majority of respondents said President Clinton outperformed Bush on a host of issues.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/POLITICS/05/12/bush.clinton.poll/vert.bush.clinton.gi.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/12/bush.clinton.poll/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/13/2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah, and there are lots of libz who would vote for Clinton over Bush if they were to ever run against each other, anywhere, maybe for dogcatcher or wherever it would be legal for them to run for office.

Madd Dawg
5/13/2006, 10:10 PM
The poll of 1,021 adult Americans

Thats very represntative:rolleyes:

Most of those polls ask people from LA or NYC, witch lean pretty far left.

TopDawg
5/13/2006, 10:28 PM
Thats very represntative:rolleyes:

Most of those polls ask people from LA or NYC, witch lean pretty far left.

Hey, if they only want to ask smart people, that's their business. ;)

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 11:17 PM
A better question is, who has been more effective?

Clinton was much better at communication, spinning and PR, however
because of the success in the GWOT and not having any more attacks (despite a seemingly disabled CIA) the economy has recovered from 9-11 and the tech bubble, along with the tax cuts and SCOTUS justices, I would have to go with Bush on that question.

jacru
5/13/2006, 11:23 PM
Hey, if they only want to ask smart as$es, that's their business. ;)
fixed.

soonerhubs
5/13/2006, 11:25 PM
I find the paradox to be that Democrats philosophy is one I don't agree with, but they truly communicate alot better than the Republicans.

The Republicans have more thoughts and policies that I support but they can't seem to get that message out effectively.

Also Clinton did apologize more for making mistakes (Citing his remarks regarding the whole Branch-Davidian Fiasco)

Bush won't ever say that he's wrong, and no matter what he really is, it comes across as arrogant and elitist. That I feel is unwise for him or his PR people to do.

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 11:40 PM
I find the paradox to be that Democrats philosophy is one I don't agree with, but they truly communicate alot better than the Republicans.

The Republicans have more thoughts and policies that I support but they can't seem to get that message out effectively.

Also Clinton did apologize more for making mistakes (Citing his remarks regarding the whole Branch-Davidian Fiasco)

Bush won't ever say that he's wrong, and no matter what he really is, it comes across as arrogant and elitist. That I feel is unwise for him or his PR people to do.
Agree!

I hope they can fix the PR thing, cause its non existant for Bush right now.

Its also hard to underestimate the effect the mainstream has, since its mostly in the tank for the dims to begin with. Of course ratings come first, so when the dims mess up it doesn't always matter, but for the most part they are MUCH harder on pubs than dims. I think this is why so many hate fox news, as they actually give conservatives the same amount of time as libz, and the results speak for themselves since its driving CNN into the ground ratings wise.

soonerhubs
5/13/2006, 11:46 PM
Agree!

I hope they can fix the PR thing, cause its non existant for Bush right now.

Its also hard to underestimate the effect the mainstream has, since its mostly in the tank for the dims to begin with. Of course ratings come first, so when the dims mess up it doesn't always matter, but for the most part they are MUCH harder on pubs than dims. I think this is why so many hate fox news, as they actually give conservatives the same amount of time as libz, and the results speak for themselves since its driving CNN into the ground ratings wise.
Yep

* The mainstream media truly leans left.
Have you heard of Amy Goodman? What's your opinion of her?

Here's mine: She visited our school last year and I was so disgusted with her. She's such a liberal and Bush Hater. Now I'm okay with people having their own opinion, but for her to call herself unbiased and unswayed by mainstream media is hypocritical when she endorses the likes of Profiteering jerks like Michael Moore.

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 11:51 PM
I havn't really followed her, but it wouldn't surprise me if she is trying to hide her true feelings behind the labels of unbaised and unswayed. Seems most types like her have to hide who they are, cause if they don't, most of the folks out there will tune her off.

5/14/2006, 12:01 AM

Bush won't ever say that he's wrong, and no matter what he really is, it comes across as arrogant and elitist. That I feel is unwise for him or his PR people to do.Clinton is the master of deceit, for those who are willing to trust him.

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 12:01 AM
I havn't really followed her, but it wouldn't surprise me if she is trying to hide her true feelings behind the labels of unbaised and unswayed. Seems most types like her have to hide who they are, cause if they don't, most of the folks out there will tune her off.

I try to stay as unbiased as possible, but I admit I have my conservative tendencies.
- Those with cloaks of Unbias like Bill O'Reilly and Amy Goodman just don't sit well with me.

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 12:02 AM
Clinton is the master of deceit, for those who are willing to trust him.
Yes, but he's so smooth at it. Then again so was the debil in Genesis.

5/14/2006, 12:05 AM
Yes, but he's so smooth at it. Then again so was the debil in Genesis.He's a bad person, and I really don't understand his popularity.

soonerhubs
5/14/2006, 12:13 AM
He's a bad person, and I really don't understand his popularity.
That's the key to the world. Finding out what motivates others. Clinton is PR PR PR.

It's a shame to see the world forget things so quickly. (J.C. Watts was right to vote to impeach that liar and the Senate really let us down.)

5/14/2006, 12:36 AM
That's the key to the world. Finding out what motivates others. Clinton is PR PR PR.

It's a shame to see the world forget things so quickly. (J.C. Watts was right to vote to impeach that liar and the Senate really let us down.)The Senate is politics at its worst-truly existing for the single purpose of remaining in office.

TopDawg
5/14/2006, 06:06 PM
fixed.

Ahh, the old quote-change. Well played. Of course, I'll take being a smart-a over being a dumb-a anyday. ;)