PDA

View Full Version : its official

jk the sooner fan
5/13/2006, 05:33 PM
im old - mrs jk's company had the summer picnic today at six flags......they paid for everything, they really go all out and put out some coin for employees and their family members...a well catered lunch, raffle prizes of substance

we went for lunch, stayed for the raffle and left.....there was nothing amusing about that park, nothing........it was hot, there were idiots everywhere and i had no desire to ride a single thing

i guess i'm on the downhill slide now.....

JohnnyMack
5/13/2006, 05:42 PM
I'm a shade over a decade younger than you and I'd rather carve out my own eyeballs with a melon baller while listening to Bjork and having my legs gnawed off by rabid alligators than to go to a huge theme park like that. So I don't know if your feelings are solely based on age.

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 05:46 PM
My son's school is at Fiesta Texas today. My wife went as a chaparone and took my younger son also. I refused to go.

soonerhubs
5/13/2006, 05:47 PM
I'm a shade over a decade younger than you and I'd rather carve out my own eyeballs with a melon baller while listening to NSYNC or Lonestar and having my legs gnawed off by rabid alligators than to go to a huge theme park like that. So I don't know if your feelings are solely based on age. :D
Holy crap! When does this happen, because I still love Disneyland at 27.

BajaOklahoma
5/13/2006, 05:58 PM
Disneyland/DisneyWorld > Six Flags. Apples and oranges, IMO.

JK, we did the company picnic at Six Flags for many years. The kids never did want to stand in line for the rides.

But any of the waterparks.... anytime, for as long as possible.

proud gonzo
5/13/2006, 06:03 PM
the six flags magic mountain in california is AWESOME... they have 20-some rollercoasters. that place RMFO

soonerhubs
5/13/2006, 06:09 PM
the six flags magic mountain in california is AWESOME... they have 20-some rollercoasters. that place RMFO
They just put up another roller coaster there that's supposed to be amazing. Time to go west for a week.

OCUDad
5/13/2006, 06:10 PM
I hate people who don't go to Fiesta Texas with their young son.

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 06:11 PM
there's a thread for that.

jk the sooner fan
5/13/2006, 06:57 PM
the water park at fiest kicks ***, or at least it used too.....i can do water all day, but when i've got my own water "park" in the backyard, i'm hard pressed to pay the outrageous entry fee's.....

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 06:59 PM
The one at Sea World in San Antonio rawks too.

Oldnslo
5/13/2006, 07:29 PM
I still love amusement parks.

Except Bells when it's overrun with gangstas.

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 07:32 PM
I still love amusement parks.

Except Bells when it's overrun with gangstas.
Us Ganstas...we roll like that. :D

http://members.aol.com/mocedades/rc10.jpg

Yeah I had my Expedition jacked up out there. It's probably best to take a cab out there and to remember to take your handgun and carry license. ;)

Stanley1
5/13/2006, 07:38 PM
Best rollercoaster in Tulsa is the Wildcat. :O

Melo
5/13/2006, 07:53 PM
Do I dare do it? Should I? What are the consequences? I'll just do it.

:D

im old -

Yep! ;)

ChickSoonerFan
5/13/2006, 08:51 PM
We had our work picnic at Frontier City today...I was there EIGHT HOURS!!! I am sure that is at least 4 hours too long. But the kids had a blast and it was not too crowded.

If I can do it JK...so can you....I am not far behind you...am I?

Stanley1
5/13/2006, 09:10 PM
I am not far behind you...am I?

No.

dolemitesooner
5/13/2006, 09:11 PM
im old - mrs jk's company had the summer picnic today at six flags......they paid for everything, they really go all out and put out some coin for employees and their family members...a well catered lunch, raffle prizes of substance

we went for lunch, stayed for the raffle and left.....there was nothing amusing about that park, nothing........it was hot, there were idiots everywhere and i had no desire to ride a single thing

i guess i'm on the downhill slide now.....
Why do you hate america?

ChickSoonerFan
5/13/2006, 09:17 PM
No.

Thanks for confirming.

Stanley1
5/13/2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks for confirming.

Welcome.

Penguin
5/13/2006, 09:21 PM
It's better to be over the hill than under it.