PDA

View Full Version : Ironic incident involving illegal immigrants

lexsooner
5/13/2006, 05:07 PM
A friend of mine has a high school age son who dates the daughter of a high level executive at the Keeneland horse racing complex in Lexington, which employs many Mexicans, probably most or all illegal. On Derby day, the son, his girlfriend and her sister were on New Circle 4 on their way to their executive box section at Keeneland to watch the Derby. On the opposite loop of New Circle, an old beater with two Mexican women and a toddler were driving about 70 and swerving around the road. This car crossed the median and hit the Toyota Highlander driven by the son of my friend. The Mexican women had no license or any other i.d. on them and they were almost certainly illegals. One is ejected and is killed and the other critically injured, and the child miraculously survives. The son of my friend had minor injuries and his girlfriend had a broken collarbone and her sister suffered a broken back. The Highlander took a sixty mile an hour head-on collision and was totaled, though the front end absorbed the impact and passenger compartment held up nicely and saved the kids' lives.

Now the horse track executive who employs countless illegals has one daughter at home with a broken collarbone, her boyfriend scratched up, and a daughter in the hospital with a broken back, thanks to a serious collision caused by illegals who should not be here, let alone on the road.

This incident brings to light how prominent businesses with political influence are permitted to knowingly employ illegals seemingly without any consequences, until something personal like this happens to a businessman. There's been so much focus on the illegals themselves, but most of them would not be here but for the jobs willingly offered by large farm and other American business owners. IMHO, if you want to stem the tide of illegals, lets aggressively punish business owners who hire illegals in addition to cracking down on the illegals themselves. If this happens and the jobs dwindle, the rest will take care of itself.

I'd like to think this executive is doing some soul-searching right now, but as of now he has yet to come out with a public statement about the problem of illegals on the road here, and I am not holding my breath . . . . It's all one big hypocrisy.

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 05:12 PM
seems like par for the course more than irony to me.

Oldnslo
5/13/2006, 07:26 PM
There's not only a huge problem with illegals not having insurance, but there's also a growing trend with a certain group of individuals purchasing cars and never putting the title in their own name.

So, you sell a car... and a year or two later, they have an accident at you're still listed as the owner of record. And YOU get to prove that you sold it.

Keep records, people.

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 07:38 PM
After I got hit by the uninsured I paid my $500 deductible and my insurance company said they would try to recover it. heh.

I'm still waiting.

Why can't the car they towed in be sold to cover the tickets and the injured?

I know they could have gotten a few thousand bucks out of it.

I bet the guys Uncle is still driving it without insurance and the kid never paid the tickets.

Oldnslo
5/13/2006, 07:49 PM
Why can't the car they towed in be sold to cover the tickets and the injured?

It's eventually going to be sold to cover the storage costs from the towning company.

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 07:55 PM
They should sell it immediately and let Storeys collect their fee from the owner.