PDA

View Full Version : Sooner peeps...need help

Okla-homey
5/13/2006, 03:54 PM
Anyone know anybody who would possibly be interested in donating some website design and webspace for a very worthy cause?

I just got off the phone with the USS Oklahoma Memorial Foundation guys. Their website succs and they know it, but don't have the bucks or the expertise to build a decent one. I shared that nowadays, people want to be able to go to a site, "clicky-clicky" donate some bucks and move on. These guys are mostly WWII vets and thus didn't understand why, but agreed if they had a less klunky site and a snappy URL it would help.

To that end, I agreed to help and am now coming to you, the greatest peeps in the greatest state to see if anyone has website design skillz to help in this endeavor. I don't.

I'm thinking if "BattleshipOK.com" were available, a simple page, with relevant facts, a couple pics and a way to donate bucks via plastic would be awesome and really help the cause. They are completely legit, a chartered 501(c)(3) in OK, have an account in which to park the bucks and I'm satisfied this is a super worthy cause.

Anybody have any thoughts?

background info:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69228

Please peem me if you have any ideas.

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 03:57 PM
I JUST SENT THEM $500,000.00!

No way their gettin' my webspace. ;)

Okla-homey
5/13/2006, 04:05 PM
I JUST SENT THEM $500,000.00!

No way their gettin' my webspace. ;)

alrighty then.

I just figgered if we could buy a shotgun for the Ruf/neks, we could figger out anything.;)

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 04:09 PM
The Memorial is a great idea.

I hope Politics doesn't get involved with it.

They could have done that long ago IMO.

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 04:13 PM
If someone makes this about politics, it would be absolutly pathetic on their part. Every Oklahoman should give something to this IMO.

If I can find anyone to give some time to do webdesign, I will let ya know Homey.

Okla-homey
5/13/2006, 04:15 PM
The National Park Service and Dept of the Navy have both said "full speed ahead.' They just gotta raise the bucks. BTW, they have an OK architectural firm donating the design pro bono.

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 04:18 PM
Thats awesome.

I'll float this by some people at my work. I think the largest privatly held company in the country has a fund for this stuff and I think I may know/work for the right person to ask.

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 04:21 PM
http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/g10000/g19941.jpg

Okla-homey
5/13/2006, 05:26 PM
http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/g10000/g19941.jpg

and there were a lot of kids on the inside of that hull who slowly suffocated to death.

Its time for Oklahoma to have her monument. Especially during OUr centennial year.

P.S. Notice the name on that launch? She must have been doing taxi duty when Oklahoma rolled or she'd be under water attached to her davits on deck.

Okla-homey
5/13/2006, 05:33 PM
Thats awesome.

I'll float this by some people at my work. I think the largest privatly held company in the country has a fund for this stuff and I think I may know/work for the right person to ask.

That would be great Tuba. At the very least, if they'd donate the webspace and let one of their techies do a simple webdesign project on the clock, those guys would be so happy. I really think it could make a big diference to the foundation's bottomline too.

There will be PSA's aired bigtime over Memorial Day weekend on radio and TV throughout the state. I just wish they had a www to send folks.

Scott D
5/13/2006, 05:35 PM
yermom is a bastard for not providing input.