PDA

View Full Version : Tuba-Nip: Chavez Seizes Control of Oil in Venezuela

JohnnyMack
5/13/2006, 02:59 PM
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-venoil13may13,1,5039354.story?coll=la-headlines-business

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 03:05 PM
He takes our oil fields, we take his CITGO refineries, overthrow him, and install a puppet government.

I think thats more than a fair deal considering the amount of oil that we depend on comes from there.

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 03:09 PM
And just cause its tubanip, I'll post this as well.

From the hero of the left...

ome, May 12, IRNA-Visiting Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said in Rome on Thursday in case of a military attack against Iran, no country in the world would have access to crude oil.

Chavez made the remark at a press conference, adding, “As Iran’s President Ahmadinejad has reiterated, if Tehran would come under attack, oil would get scarce for everyone.”

He also said that the US President George W. Bush should be put to trial at the international court of justice for having launched genocide in Iraq. “For all the horror it has created around the globe in the course of the past century, the United States’ war machine should be dismantled, since under the current conditions it is a threat against the entire mankind, particularly against our children.”

Chavez added, “The North American empire is the most cruel murderer regime that has ever come to power in world history and a serious threat for all nations.”

He believes the death of the United States had better taken place in the course of the 21st century, because “otherwise the entire world would face the threat of annihilation.”http://www.payvand.com/news/06/may/1117.html

I can't wait until he is "elected" El Presidente for life!

King Crimson
5/13/2006, 03:16 PM
He takes our oil fields, we take his CITGO refineries, overthrow him, and install a puppet government.

I think thats more than a fair deal considering the amount of oil that we depend on comes from there.

totally. **** this sovereign nation bull****.

jacru
5/13/2006, 03:20 PM
That chihuahua can bark all he wants but when the big dog is hungry the big dog will eat and chihuahua may be on the menu.

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 03:21 PM
KC the Hugo fan. Why am I not surprised?

Seems the person who has problems with sovereign nations & their assets & investments in his nation is your comrad Hugo.

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't care if it was corn fields that Chavez "nationalized". Someone starts stealing US assets, its time call the B-52s and 101st in. End of discussion.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

King Crimson
5/13/2006, 03:28 PM
KC the Hugo fan. Why am I not surprised?

Seems the person who has problems with sovereign nations & their assets & investments in his nation is your comrad Hugo.

pitiful ad hominem response. where exactly do i say i'm a Hugo fan.....show me. you are incapable of seeing anything objectively.....any criticism you perceive as the negation of your very narrow/absurdly righteous worldview. this is evidenced in that raising a question about the soveriegnty of nations....de facto means i love Hugo Chavez.

you're the hypocrite because you have different rules for the sovereignty of the US versus other nations. i'm not going to do the work for you. good luck.

jacru
5/13/2006, 03:32 PM
Your sovereignty to swing your arm ends when it hits my nose.

King Crimson
5/13/2006, 03:35 PM
Your sovereignty to swing your arm ends when it hits my nose.

explain Iraq in those terms.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/13/2006, 03:40 PM
pitiful ad hominem response. where exactly do i say i'm a Hugo fan.....show me. you are incapable of seeing anything objectively.....any criticism you perceive as the negation of your very narrow/absurdly righteous worldview. this is evidenced in that raising a question about the soveriegnty of nations....de facto means i love Hugo Chavez.

you're the hypocrite because you have different rules for the sovereignty of the US versus other nations. i'm not going to do the work for you. good luck.What did they teach you in history and civics classes in high school and junior high that makes you so sympathetic to tyrants such as Chavez?

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 03:41 PM
you're the hypocrite because you have different rules for the sovereignty of the US versus other nations. i'm not going to do the work for you. good luck.

Ironic, isn't it?

Chavez takes US assets, and its OK.

US then takes Chaves assets, and thats bad!

How hypocritical of me to think this way. We should just allow Chavez to steal from US companies, and then bend us over and let him starve this nation of the energy it needs. What a great plan you have there KC.

The national interests of your own country don't even enter your mind, do they King? I wonder how it feels to live with ones head so deeply burried in the sand every day.

jacru
5/13/2006, 03:43 PM
If you assert you are going to hit my nose.....

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 03:44 PM
Cease fire treaty broken. UN resoltions broken. Support for terrorism and Bin Laden. Attempted assassination of former US leaders, threats and action against our allies, genocide against their own people, corrupting the UN, etc etc etc...

King Crimson
5/13/2006, 03:49 PM
Ironic, isn't it?

Chavez takes US assets, and its OK.

US then takes Chaves assets, and thats bad!

How hypocritical of me to think this way. We should just allow Chavez to steal from US companies, and then bend us over and let him starve this nation of the energy it needs. What a great plan you have there KC.

The national interests of your own country don't even enter your mind, do they King? I wonder how it feels to live with ones head so deeply burried in the sand every day.

So, the US has a right to the natural resources of another country, that's what you are saying.....amid the continuingly pitiful ad hominem attacks.

King Crimson
5/13/2006, 03:53 PM
i'm not really in the mood for this on otherwise pleasant saturday afternoon. i played a part in starting it....you guys really need to get over the ad hominem attacks when someone disagrees with you.

it's real knee-jerk. it's obvious there's a long list of premises that you guys take as fact....and i think are questionable when it comes to the current administration. so be it. OK?

KC

jacru
5/13/2006, 03:54 PM
ad hominem attacks? more like ad hominem observations.

King Crimson
5/13/2006, 03:55 PM
What did they teach you in history and civics classes in high school and junior high that makes you so sympathetic to tyrants such as Chavez?

i like to think that the range of things i've learned extended beyond high school and jr. high history (?) and civics classes.

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 03:56 PM
So, the US has a right to the natural resources of another country, that's what you are saying.....amid the continuingly pitiful ad hominem attacks.

Speaking of Ad Hominem. :rolleyes:

Who said the US had a right to anything? I wonder, when you buy something, don't you kind of expect to keep it without someone coming along and stealing it? Obviously not it seems.

I'll make this rather simple for you, since you aren't "getting" it.

This is not about the rights of Venezuala, this is about the FACT that American companies have made large investments in Venezuala to buy what they had for sale, and now this communist thug you are defending comes in and steals those assets.

Sorry if you don't see anything wrong with that, but that is stealing.

If the Venezualens didn't want US investment, then they shouldn't have accepted it in the first place.

jacru
5/13/2006, 03:58 PM
The bank must have a "right" to your money. After all, it's in their bank.

King Crimson
5/13/2006, 04:03 PM
hey, and you know what else? some of my best friends are illegal mexicans and palestinians. and it's got nothing to do with politics.

no joke. late.

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 04:05 PM
it's real knee-jerk. it's obvious there's a long list of premises that you guys take as fact....and i think are questionable when it comes to the current administration. so be it. OK?

KC
Heh, I guess the administration reports the news these days, huh?

Damn them for controlling the media, those dirty facist neokkkons.

Its no wonder Bush has such high approval ratings, thanks to him and his cronies in the right-wing controlled press, spreading thier usual litany of lies to the American people, just to undermine the good natured and peaceful governments of Chavez, Saddam, Iran etc.

5/13/2006, 04:07 PM
Speaking of Ad Hominem. :rolleyes:

Who said the US had a right to anything? I wonder, when you buy something, don't you kind of expect to keep it without someone coming along and stealing it? Obviously not it seems.

I'll make this rather simple for you, since you aren't "getting" it.

This is not about the rights of Venezuala, this is about the FACT that American companies have made large investments in Venezuala to buy what they had for sale, and now this communist thug you are defending comes in and steals those assets.

Sorry if you don't see anything wrong with that, but that is stealing.

If the Venezualens didn't want US investment, then they shouldn't have accepted it in the first place.Mr Crimson, Tuba's above quotes are the correct analysis of the situation. Do you not agree with this? if you didn't learn your sympathy for Chavez and his actions, in jr high or HS, where did you learn to appreciate his behaviour and hatred for the USA?

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 04:07 PM
The bank must have a "right" to your money. After all, it's in their bank.

I just ate a burrito at Bueno, now they say it was theirs and they want it back.

What would KC do?

OklahomaTuba
5/13/2006, 04:10 PM
hey, and you know what else? some of my best friends are illegal mexicans and palestinians. and it's got nothing to do with politics.

no joke. late.

My lawn mower is red, and also mulches.

No joke!

King Crimson
5/13/2006, 04:21 PM
Heh, I guess the administration reports the news these days, huh?

Damn them for controlling the media, those dirty facist neokkkons.

Its no wonder Bush has such high approval ratings, thanks to him and his cronies in the right-wing controlled press, spreading thier usual litany of lies to the American people, just to undermine the good natured and peaceful governments of Chavez, Saddam, Iran etc.

now you are just raving......

TheHumanAlphabet
5/13/2006, 04:25 PM
This is why I REFUSE to buy anything from CITGO...I hope they go under...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/13/2006, 04:28 PM
That chihuahua can bark all he wants but when the big dog is hungry the big dog will eat and chihuahua may be on the menu.

Yo quiero, taco bell?

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 04:29 PM
If gas goes over $3.00 per gallon again, we should invade everyone with oil.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/13/2006, 04:31 PM
hey, and you know what else? some of my best friends are illegal mexicans

You gonna turn them in?

jacru
5/13/2006, 04:33 PM
Yo quiero, taco bell?
Si, taco petrol. It give me gas!

King Crimson
5/13/2006, 04:46 PM
Mr Crimson, Tuba's above quotes are the correct analysis of the situation. Do you not agree with this? if you didn't learn your sympathy for Chavez and his actions, in jr high or HS, where did you learn to appreciate his behaviour and hatred for the USA?

tuba's conclusion was to install a puppet government, i countered with a suggestion about the sovereignty of nations (a discourse many have rehearsed ENDLESSLY about the US-Mexican border)......installing puppet governments has been a pasttime of the US in Latin America not without precedent.

take yer pick. either borders and soveriegnty matter or they don't.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/13/2006, 04:55 PM
The problem with invading to protect resources sets a dangerous example though. You could argue Saddam in invading Kuwait was a way to strengthen his country's economy because his country was harmed by Kuwaiti' practices.

5/13/2006, 04:59 PM
tuba's conclusion was to install a puppet government, i countered with a suggestion about the sovereignty of nations (a discourse many have rehearsed ENDLESSLY about the US-Mexican border)......installing puppet governments has been a pasttime of the US in Latin America not without precedent.

take yer pick. either borders and soveriegnty matter or they don't.International expropriation is a VERY serious matter. It could be considered an act of war, no?

Scott D
5/13/2006, 05:34 PM
Clearly Bush had his 'Axis of Evil' wrong when he included Iraq.

JohnnyMack
5/13/2006, 05:35 PM

It's not Chavez's fault we can't provide energy to our own people. He just knows we can't do it and is exploiting that fact to his financial/political gain.

SicEmBaylor
5/13/2006, 06:36 PM
:sigh:
What S. America needs are a few more like Pinochet.

Jerk
5/13/2006, 06:42 PM
What a bunch of bullsh**

These companies invest all sorts of money and manpower to develope the oil fields down there, while probably agreeing to pay generous royalties to the government, and some commie b@stard STEALS it all on a whim. Of course he's a hero to libs- the same people who believe in over-taxing success and giving it to failure.

I hope a very voilent coup is in Hugo's future.

royalfan5
5/13/2006, 06:47 PM
I think the moral of this story is to never trust a national that elects/supports a paratrooper.

SicEmBaylor
5/13/2006, 06:47 PM
What a bunch of bullsh**

These companies invest all sorts of money and manpower to develope the oil fields down there, while probably agreeing to pay generous royalties to the government, and some commie b@stard STEALS it all on a whim. Of course he's a hero to libs- the same people who believe in over-taxing success and giving it to failure.

I hope a very voilent coup is in Hugo's future.

Aye, appropriate action would be to reciprocate against Venezuela's seizure of American property by seizing Venezuelan property in these United States.

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 06:58 PM
All of this makes the idea of outsourcing huge parts of your company an even greater idea. I wonder if the Corporate Leaders will do prison time when the stock goes Enron on them?

Jerk
5/13/2006, 07:01 PM
Aye, appropriate action would be to reciprocate against Venezuela's seizure of American property by seizing Venezuelan property in these United States.

Shoot yeah.

Seriously, what could the U.S. do in response? Could we sieze Valero?

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 07:04 PM
I know what I'm gonna do....

http://beneaththedirtyhood.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/gas_prices.jpg

OUTromBoNado
5/13/2006, 08:46 PM
Yo quiero, taco bell?

Give me something dramatically bigger.