PDA

View Full Version : USC Point Guard shot dead

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 02:30 PM
Francis shot and killed in Baton Rouge

Southern California freshman point guard Ryan Francis was shot and killed early Saturday while riding in a car in Louisiana, where he was visiting his mother.

The 19-year-old Francis was killed about 3:30 a.m. in Baton Rouge, said Tim Tessalone, USC's director of sports information.

"We understand he was in a car and somebody shot into the car," Tessalone said.

No other details were immediately available.

Francis was USC's starting point guard and averaged more than seven points a game. He scored 22 points a game at Glen Oaks High School in Baton Rouge, leading his team to a 36-0 record and the state's 4-A championship in 2004-05. Francis was named the 2005 Louisiana Class 4-A Player of the Year.

"We're all devastated," said USC coach Tim Floyd. "We've lost a special young man who in his short time at USC made an impression that will last forever."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2443805&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2006/01-26/0124ryan_francis_300.jpg

Jimminy Crimson
5/13/2006, 02:55 PM
Sad stuff.

:(

LSUdeek
5/13/2006, 03:00 PM
he was in a car in front of a club where multiple murders have occurred at 3:30 AM. note to self: stay away from dangerous places late at night/early in the mo'nin.

Big Red Ron
5/13/2006, 03:11 PM
Nuthin good going on at 3:30 am, anywhere.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/13/2006, 04:06 PM
he was in a car in front of a club where multiple murders have occurred at 3:30 AM. note to self: stay away from dangerous places late at night/early in the mo'nin.

My thought's 'zactly...Sad news on the kid.

LSUdeek, have you all notice a huge increase in crime with all the NOLAs like we have had in Houston? Not that parts of BTR weren't exactly safe to begin with, but I wonder if it has gotten worse? This is the nasty white elephant that no one will talk about in Houston...

Half a Hundred
5/13/2006, 05:27 PM
This is the nasty white elephant that no one will talk about in Houston...

More like, the nasty white elephant that if anyone even thinks about mentioning they will get labeled a horrible racist... :(

TheHumanAlphabet
5/13/2006, 05:28 PM
More like, the nasty white elephant that if anyone even thinks about mentioning they will get labeled a horrible racist... :(

Yep, not to jack the thread, but when Katrina hit and the buses started rolling west, Mrs. THA and I both said this is not good. We were well aware of NOLAs history...

jdsooner
5/13/2006, 06:04 PM
Senseless violence--very sad.

Soonerus
5/13/2006, 07:29 PM
sad stuff, even when it is not a point guard from USC...sad when it happens to anybody...

GottaHavePride
5/15/2006, 12:00 AM
Holy cow. That sucks.

LSUdeek
5/15/2006, 08:57 AM
My thought's 'zactly...Sad news on the kid.

LSUdeek, have you all notice a huge increase in crime with all the NOLAs like we have had in Houston? Not that parts of BTR weren't exactly safe to begin with, but I wonder if it has gotten worse? This is the nasty white elephant that no one will talk about in Houston...

not terribly. we don't have a whole hell of a lot of refugees here simply because the buses kept rolling west and north. the people that settled here had vehicles and are already back in the dirty dirty.

this was a beef between the shooter and the driver of the car francis was in. sad to roll up at an intersection and lose your life to someone not even wanting to kill you.

GDC
5/15/2006, 10:53 AM

My pappy always said that nothing good happens after midnight.

walkoffsooner
5/15/2006, 10:57 AM
My pappy always said that nothing good happens after midnight.

Your Pappy= Wise man

batonrougesooner
5/15/2006, 12:37 PM
Welcome to North Baton Rouge.

Nothing good happens up there after 2 a.m.

What a ****ing waste.

suncoastsooner7
5/15/2006, 02:50 PM

Never been in my bedroom... thank god.