PDA

View Full Version : One of my Most Rewarding....

Al Gore
5/13/2006, 09:50 AM
.....18 hours ended last night. I just finished working at our local Hospice fund raiser and it appears that we set an all-time record. Unfortunately, many of you have or will have your lives touched by Hospice. If you have the opportunity to donate time, money or attend a fund raiser...do it!!!

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 10:16 AM
Do you think Community Service will get your Avatar back?

WTG on giving of your time. Nice Job!

SoonerBorn68
5/13/2006, 10:18 AM
Hospice, or Hot Tub? ;)

Good jorb on the fund raising. It's a well deserving cause.

oumartin
5/13/2006, 10:24 AM
hey sb68. I'm thinking of making a trip down that way in the next couple weeks. are you around the house?

critical_phil
5/13/2006, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately, many of you have or will have your lives touched by Hospice. If you have the opportunity to donate time, money or attend a fund raiser...do it!!!

BZ to Al Gore.

many support services of a hospice are provided by volunteers. if you've never volunteered at a hospice before, you just can't imagine the impact that you can have on the patient, the patient's family, and the hospice - not to mention how good it makes YOU feel - after volunteering just a few hours of your time.

i am a volunteer at Sooner Hospice. if you're in the OKC area and are interested in volunteering, PM me.

Al Gore
5/13/2006, 12:16 PM
Do you think Community Service will get your Avatar back?

WTG on giving of your time. Nice Job!I think my avatars are long gone (also my user cp and peems ....Many of you know me for my wife and exotic vacations.....I have been blessed with success so I give back to the community often.....

......but not as often as I give it to Mrs AG.......

Tailwind
5/13/2006, 12:25 PM
Way to go!

slickdawg
5/13/2006, 12:28 PM
KUDOS to Al Gore!

Most of us will be around or need hospice care one day, and it is a very
good thing for people to donate time to help people in their final days.

yermom
5/13/2006, 12:30 PM
yeah, i don't think i have that in me just quite yet

glad someone is though, good jorb

StoopTroup
5/13/2006, 04:17 PM
By the time I need hospice care I'm hoping the Government will require that hawt College Girls must participate in Hospice care to get a Student Loan.

Al Gore
5/14/2006, 09:30 AM
By the time I need hospice care I'm hoping the Government will require that hawt College Girls must participate in Hospice care to get a Student Loan.Great idea.....

StoopTroup
5/14/2006, 09:45 AM
So is this IMO...:D

http://happycarpenter.blogs.com/the_happy_carpenter/images/tigers_yacht.jpg

woody4ou
5/14/2006, 09:46 AM
By the time I need hospice care I'm hoping the Government will require that hawt College Girls must participate in Hospice care to get a Student Loan.

Some do now...
I work at the VA and I see tons of OU Medical Students working as interns; some fine babes in my department.

Al Gore
5/14/2006, 09:50 AM
I like your avatar......