PDA

View Full Version : Who did I talk to here about a parrot?

Jerk
5/11/2006, 07:44 PM
It might have been 'Proud Gonzo'

I have a Blue Front amazon parrot, and yes, it talks, whistels, and makes funny noies, but he (or she) also screams for attention.

I also have a big cage.

He (or she) needs a new home. PM me. I'm not looking for any $$$ this time. I only want a good home for him (or her?) and people that won't hit him (or her?) or abuse him (or her?) and someone who will take good care of...it....him...her...whatever.

I'd say he's about 12 years old.

GottaHavePride
5/11/2006, 07:47 PM
PG-nip. We don't really have room for it here, though, and I don't know that our parents would be crazy about having a third bird to take care of.

Jerk
5/11/2006, 07:51 PM
PG-nip. We don't really have room for it here, though, and I don't know that our parents would be crazy about having a third bird to take care of.

oh, come on now. Everyone needs a 'third bird'

Okla-homey
5/11/2006, 07:55 PM
Is your parrot in danger of being dead?

I once heard of a guy who tried to return a dead parrot to a petshop and it was rather exasperating.

birddog
5/11/2006, 08:24 PM
just find a 9 iron.:(

BajaOklahoma
5/11/2006, 08:41 PM
Poster reported to PETA.

GHP should add a room for the bird.

proud gonzo
5/11/2006, 08:46 PM
It might have been 'Proud Gonzo'

I have a Blue Front amazon parrot, and yes, it talks, whistels, and makes funny noies, but he (or she) also screams for attention.

I also have a big cage.

He (or she) needs a new home. PM me. I'm not looking for any $$$ this time. I only want a good home for him (or her?) and people that won't hit him (or her?) or abuse him (or her?) and someone who will take good care of...it....him...her...whatever.

I'd say he's about 12 years old.

what's it's name? what does it say? How much does it talk? Is it friendly? Does it bite? Can it fly? ARe its wings clipped? Do you have a picture? Where do you live? Is it trained at all? Is it cute? How much attention does it get now? How long do you play with it each day? Is it friendly to other birds? Is it aggressive? DO YOU HAVE PICTURES??!??!!?

yermom
5/11/2006, 08:58 PM
did you ever talk to Quillo?

Jimminy Crimson
5/11/2006, 09:19 PM
what's it's name? what does it say? How much does it talk? Is it friendly? Does it bite? Can it fly? ARe its wings clipped? Do you have a picture? Where do you live? Is it trained at all? Is it cute? How much attention does it get now? How long do you play with it each day? Is it friendly to other birds? Is it aggressive? DO YOU HAVE PICTURES??!??!!?

Hey jerk, I'd say we have at least one interested party! ;)

Norm In Norman
5/11/2006, 09:22 PM
Hey man, whatever you do make sure the person who buys it understands that a parrot is a long term (70+ years) pet.

proud gonzo
5/11/2006, 09:26 PM
yeah, depending on the species.

that's the main reason I don't think I'll actually be able to take him.... I would hate to try to move the bird around all over after I graduate in a couple of years. Birdies don't like that a whole lot. :(

usmc-sooner
5/11/2006, 09:30 PM
http://www.tonidunlap.com/butter_chicken.jpg

:D :D :D :D

handcrafted
5/11/2006, 09:33 PM
Ah yes, the um...the Norwegian Blue?

Jimminy Crimson
5/11/2006, 09:47 PM
Can he sing and dance like his brother and sister? :confused: ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/LongJohn81/singanddance.jpg

MamaMia
5/12/2006, 12:16 AM
I found this information on the Oklahoma pet rescue site.

They have an email address, but I would call first.

Central Oklahoma Bird Club
OKC
405-273-2625
[email protected]

SicEmBaylor
5/12/2006, 01:20 AM
Jerk,
It seems like you weren't certain of the sex until the very end. How'd you figure it out? :D