PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa people who listen to 104.5

Jerk
5/11/2006, 05:41 PM
Have you noticed they're playing alot of 80's music lately? Like The Cure "Just Like Heaven". What a kick *** song. Reminds me of when I was in 5th grade. Anyway, that's beside the point and not what this post is about.

Who is the chick with the high-pitched cheerleader voice who does all of the commercials? She used to do alot of them several years ago, but they have tapered off a little. A bet she is kind of hawt. Anyone have a pic?

You
Soft and only
You
Lost and lonely
You
Strange as angels
Dancing in the deepest oceans
Twisting in the water
You're just like a dream

bri
5/11/2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I have noticed their opening up of the catalog in recent days. I think right about the time that Rock 102.3 got changed to a Christian station, they decided to say "f*ck it, we're the only game in town now" and teach these little emo punks about the history of alternative. I likey.

And that would be Amber (http://www.myspace.com/radioroyalty) you're describing, my friend. :D

Jerk
5/11/2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I have noticed their opening up of the catalog in recent days. I think right about the time that Rock 102.3 got changed to a Christian station, they decided to say "f*ck it, we're the only game in town now" and teach these little emo punks about the history of alternative. I likey.

And that would be Amber (http://www.myspace.com/radioroyalty) you're describing, my friend. :D

whoa! She is a hottie!

You guys are lucky to have that station. It blows our so-called "alternative" station away.

yermom
5/11/2006, 05:53 PM
i miss the old KMYZ days :(

Jerk
5/11/2006, 05:56 PM
i miss the old KMYZ days :(

Was that Bladerunner's gig in OKC?

I remember the KATT started their own alternative station on 103.something. I don't know if it's still there or not.

OKC's "alternative" station, The Buzz, will probably switch formats (again) soon providing that Lex and Terri don't save their arse.

bri
5/11/2006, 06:00 PM
Guh, the "KMYZ days" sucked *SS. Tulsa needed another KMOD like we needed a hole in our collective head.

Besides, we have another KMOD...it's called Star 103.3. :D

yermom
5/11/2006, 06:04 PM
heh, it didn't seem like KMOD played as much current stuff then or something

maybe it has been what has popular lately that made me not like the EDGE so much, it was a cheap knock-off of the Dallas version...

bri
5/11/2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I hated the Edge when it was all Korn and Limp Bizkit and non-stop c*ck rock. But they've cut that crap WAY back, and they play "good" stuff now.

They almost remind me of X101.5...may they rest in peace. :D

KMOD eventually started counter-programming both the Edge and Rock102.3...and now they're basically 102.3 with more white blues. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
5/11/2006, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I hated the Edge when it was all Korn and Limp Bizkit and non-stop c*ck rock. But they've cut that crap WAY back, and they play "good" stuff now.

They almost remind me of X101.5...may they rest in peace. :D

KMOD eventually started counter-programming both the Edge and Rock102.3...and now they're basically 102.3 with more white blues. ;)

Can you still pick up the ole Rogers State College radio?

yermom
5/11/2006, 06:20 PM
i had a friend that got hit by lighting there somehow... i was never quite clear on the details

they used to play some cool **** late at night

Jerk
5/11/2006, 06:26 PM
KMOD needs to have a better balance of classic rock and new rock.

All I ever hear them play is classic rock, and if they play "new" rock, it's the real "radio friendly" stuff. I mean, I don't mind classic rock, but if I want to listen to it I'll just tune to star 103.3

bri
5/11/2006, 06:46 PM
Can you still pick up the ole Rogers State College radio?

I don't know how, but their signal strength has actually DIMINISHED over the past couple years. I can hardly ever get them to come in for sh*t.

OklahomaTuba
5/12/2006, 01:39 PM
Holy crap, you all aren't kidding about 104.5 playing some 80s stuff. Thats crazy.

sooneron
5/12/2006, 01:44 PM
What are the call letters for 104.5? And , do they stream?

bri
5/12/2006, 02:26 PM
KMYZ...and I don't know if they're currently streaming or not.

http://www.edgetulsa.com