PDA

View Full Version : Dateline NBC: To Catch A Predator

Boarder
5/11/2006, 04:15 PM
Anyone watch this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10912603/

It's just horrible. The worst one was this 40 year old dude who brought his 5 year old son with him to go meet up with a 14 year old boy. When the officers piked up the son and took him away as his dad was cuffed and stuffed it was awful. The dude said, "I want to stay with my son!" and I instantly yelled, "NO WAY!" at the tv.

People are freaking sick.

Okla-homey
5/11/2006, 04:27 PM
I can't wait for the previewed one next week when that wierdo walks in the house, hears the "14 y/o" will be right out and in the meantime strips naked and chases the cat while nekkid clutching a bowl of Cool-Whip. :eek:

There are definitely some strange agents out there.

Czar Soonerov
5/11/2006, 04:28 PM
I DVR'd it last night, haven't watched it yet..

Beef
5/11/2006, 04:29 PM
I felt like a sicko just for watching the show.

Boarder
5/11/2006, 04:34 PM
My neck hurts from shaking my head in disgust the whole time.

IB4OU2
5/11/2006, 04:39 PM
Those sicko pukes are idiots and deserve castration....

Sooner_Bob
5/11/2006, 04:39 PM
I hate it that there are actually "people" out there like 'em, but I love it when they get busted.

NormanPride
5/11/2006, 04:41 PM
Ugh. Why do you people watch this crap? It's depressing and needless. People are taking care of it, and I don't need to watch. To me, it would be just like watching a behind the scenes look at some of the operations in Iraq.

Boarder
5/11/2006, 04:47 PM
After it's over, I ask myself the same thing. Probably because it's nice to see the cops cuff 'em and stuff 'em. It'd be nice if some sort of taser was involved.

I'm pretty sure that a behind the scenes of Iraq operations would be be a great show.

Penguin
5/11/2006, 04:49 PM
Ugh. Why do you people watch this crap? It's depressing and needless. People are taking care of it, and I don't need to watch. To me, it would be just like watching a behind the scenes look at some of the operations in Iraq.

I agree 110%.

Dateline has turned into Pervert TV.

Penguin
5/11/2006, 04:51 PM
My neck hurts from shaking my head in disgust the whole time.

My face hurts from my "scowl of disapproval" while watching the show.

OhU1
5/11/2006, 04:56 PM
My face hurts from my "scowl of disapproval" while watching the show.

Is your scowl as deep as this man's? :eddie:

Penguin
5/11/2006, 05:46 PM
Is your scowl as deep as this man's? :eddie:

I'm getting there. I also wear out my face looking at SoonerFans. :eddie:

jrsooner
5/11/2006, 06:29 PM
I DVR'd it last night, haven't watched it yet..Same here....it's on our list to watch tonight. Let me say this...we went over the "stranger" rules once more after watching the show the last few weeks.

Jerk
5/11/2006, 06:31 PM
A .45 caliber bullet only costs .25 cents, people.

(you just have to buy that cheap arse steel cased Russian made Wolfe ammo)

walkoffsooner
5/11/2006, 07:20 PM
There just isn't enough cells to keep them all locked up if you have kids you need to watch at least one episode.

StoopTroup
5/11/2006, 07:25 PM
God has a special place for those who hurt children.

This Country should too IMO.

Supermax for them. Throw away the key and leave them with a small stool and a hangman's noose in their cell.

the_ouskull
5/11/2006, 08:26 PM
Part of the problem with these "people," (using that term as loosely as possible) is that some of them are just completely sick f*cks, but others are afflicted with very, very serious psychological disorders, even though Tom Cruise might disagree, in his professional opinion and all.

It takes OUR money; taxpayers money, to figure out which guys or girls are which type. THAT makes me sad, yes, but I have to also admit to being sad for those that are so afflicted. Many of them are simply missing the part of their brain that tells them that wanting to have sexual relations with pre-pubescent children is sick and wrong... therefore they don't think / know / realize, etc... that it is.

Don't get me the least bit wrong. I never, and will never, condone their behavior... I'm just trying to let everybody know that not all of these people are the warped, sick f*cks that we so readily make them out to be. Some of them are sick, yes, but in ways that none of us could ever possibly fathom.

the_ouskull

TheHumanAlphabet
5/11/2006, 11:06 PM
You know, if I was surfing kid pron, you'd think I would quit the stuff with all the stings going on...America's Most Wanted, Dateline, local TV. Obviously these people are not too bright and I am glad we have stings to catch the arseholes!!!

Wished I had seen the Dateline story...I like the cuffin' and stuffin' part of the shows...Really sad about the 5 y.o. I saw it promo'ed before I left the country. No, I am not in Vietnam ;) like that rocker dude, I'm working in Tokyo...

tbl
5/11/2006, 11:11 PM
Part of the problem with these "people," (using that term as loosely as possible) is that some of them are just completely sick f*cks, but others are afflicted with very, very serious psychological disorders, even though Tom Cruise might disagree, in his professional opinion and all.

It takes OUR money; taxpayers money, to figure out which guys or girls are which type. THAT makes me sad, yes, but I have to also admit to being sad for those that are so afflicted. Many of them are simply missing the part of their brain that tells them that wanting to have sexual relations with pre-pubescent children is sick and wrong... therefore they don't think / know / realize, etc... that it is.

Don't get me the least bit wrong. I never, and will never, condone their behavior... I'm just trying to let everybody know that not all of these people are the warped, sick f*cks that we so readily make them out to be. Some of them are sick, yes, but in ways that none of us could ever possibly fathom.

the_ouskull

Awwwww... the poor widdle child wapists are sick. They need help, not punishment. Poor, poor, pedophiles.

47straight
5/12/2006, 12:58 AM
I saw this last week.

One thing that puzzled me - I thought it was weird that wannabe Stone Phillips was allowed to walk out there and interview the perp for a good 5 minutes before he was busted by the cops. Shouldn't protocol dictate that he's taken down sooner rather than later? If these are dangerous messed up guys, couldn't they be carrying weapons? And likely to get ****ed off if caught in such a situation?

SicEmBaylor
5/12/2006, 01:15 AM

the_ouskull

I believe this to be complete and utter bull**** for a variety of reasons.
First and foremost, I do not believe that people are born with any kind of innate moral sense of right and wrong. A sense of morality is taught and absorbed from the moment one is born. For example, what is considered an immoral act here may be perfectly acceptable halfway around the world. If morality were something that an individual is simply born with then it would be reasonable to assume that moral standards would be universal and they are not.

What is my point? By implying that some child molesters are simply lacking that part of their brain that tells them that sleeping with an 8 year old is wrong then the implication is that the moral determination of that act is hard wired into that individual's brain when that is simply not the case.

The overwhelming message from our culture is that this behavior is NOT acceptable, and I highly doubt that these people were raised believing that child molestation is okay.

That's not to say that there isn't something mentally wrong with these people. I think what they lack is the ability to properly judge the acts not the morality of the act. If they can be taught that driving through a red light is not okay then they have the ability to know that molesting a child is NOT okay either. What I think they lack is the ability to judge the consequences of those acts, and an inability to practice self-restraint. That inability is probably contributed to a lot of things including bad experiances they had in childhood, etc.

But to say that these people simply don't have the capacity to understand the concept of an immoral act seems like bull**** to me.

Jimminy Crimson
5/12/2006, 01:26 AM
I think it's great to get these creeps out of society, but you have to think the guys (and gals) who troll around online acting as bait have to have a little of it in them as well.

Definately a job I wouldn't want! :eek: