PDA

View Full Version : Who should I vote for

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 09:22 AM
as the next Mayor of New Orleans?
I might vote this afternoon since I might have to go out of town on election day (May 20). I want the effin hillbillies to help me decide.

The choices are:
C. Ray "Chocolate Meltdown" Nagin. Prior to Katrina probably one of the citys best mayors; intelligent, honest, candid (maybe too much so); a pro-business Democrat with much support from Republicans and other pro-biz types. Somewhat ironically, also popular with many poor, race-voting African-Americans. He "paid his dues" in the recent crisis, but some say the check bounced. Not helped by post-Katrina tantrums and silly "Chocolate City" comment. His re-election might tell USA that New Orleans "just doesn't get it."

Mitch "Mr. Meringue" Landrieu. Current Lt Governor. Son of former mayor "Moon" Landrieu of Democratic Party establishment. Popular with poor race-voting whites and with the usual old-line Democrats. Also popular with very many black voters because of Moon's history of racially inclusive administration, general Democratic inclusiveness and appeal, and (so I'm told by an African-American friend in the know) because he can really dance. Considered honest -- for a politician anyway. Would LOOK like the candidate of change & progress, but might just the same old pre-Katrina Democratic Party machine BS. "Mr. Meringue" because he's white and fluffy but mostly air (IMHO). That is, he talks purdy but I'm not sure if positive action will follow the words.

OK, Now vote! TIA!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2006, 09:25 AM
Bobby Herbert!!....or the second guy

Osce0la
5/11/2006, 09:47 AM
Adrian McPherson

is he still with the Saints?

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 09:50 AM
Both of the candidates are bald, BTW. :)

Osce0la
5/11/2006, 10:03 AM
Both of the candidates are bald, BTW. :)
Then vote for the bald one.
YWIA! :D

BeetDigger
5/11/2006, 10:11 AM
Does Mike Ditka still have a residence down there?

Osce0la
5/11/2006, 10:12 AM
Definitely vote for Ditka

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2006, 10:16 AM
Ditka doesnt live there anymore...How do I know?

Because he would have stopped Katrina from coming ashore..

Osce0la
5/11/2006, 10:18 AM
Ditka doesnt live there anymore...How do I know?

Because he would have stopped Katrina from coming ashore..
Then I stand by my original statement: Vote for McPherson. A vote for AD is a vote for 4 years of confusion (so it's not like anything will really change - people don't like change - vote for McPherson.)

I'm still not even sure if he still plays for the Saints

OUinFLA
5/11/2006, 10:18 AM
Is this poll seriously gonna effect your choice of leader of NO?
Does either one know how to commandeer school busses this year?

Nagin seems to be a victum of unfortionate circumstances.........or..
"The Peter Principal" has found a headliner.

Osce0la
5/11/2006, 10:21 AM
This just in: Adrian McPherson DOES in fact still play for the Saints (or at least he's on the roster - do what you will with that)...Vote for him.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2006, 10:47 AM
No salary needed...Just pay off his gambling debts and give him some FREE SHOES!!!!

Osce0la
5/11/2006, 10:51 AM
No salary needed...Just pay off his gambling debts and give him some FREE SHOES!!!!
That's all it would take. Imagine how much money NOLA would save by having AD as their mayor. It all makes perfect sense.

and it's not like the Saints are going to miss him.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2006, 10:53 AM
He could bring in Wyatt Sexton to help...Always good to have god on your side

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/11/2006, 11:02 AM
You should pack up and move away from the coast-couple hundred miles at least, to be hurricane proof. Hint, someplace that is ABOVE sea level.

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 11:04 AM
Is this poll seriously gonna effect your choice of leader of NO?
No, but don't tell anybody.

picasso
5/11/2006, 11:05 AM
you need a vote against Nagin.

OUinFLA
5/11/2006, 11:11 AM
It's not Nagin's fault that Katrina hit NO.
It's Geo Bush's.
It's not Nagin's fault that FEMA was not as prepared as they should have been.
It's Geo Bush's.
It's not Nagi................oh, wait, everything else is his fault.

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 11:15 AM
But seriously, folks. I wanted to get an idea of how big a buffoon Nagin seems to people outside N.O. Apparently, he looks like a pretty big one.
You hate to vote for somebody in order to make a good impression on "outsiders," but that seems to be a pretty important factor in this election. People like me who, pre-K, would almost certainly have voted for Chocolate over Meringue, now will accept the empty air of Landrieu over the substance of Nagin just because of Nagin's meltdown under extreme pressure and the bad image he has presented of the city.

It reminds me of the fine choices we had for governor awhile back: The well-know, sleazy but charming crook, Edwin Edwards vs the air-brushed Neo-Nazi David Duke. There were bumper stickers that said, "Vote for the Crook; It's Important."

Someday, I'll go home to Oklahoma and try to forget it all.

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 11:24 AM
And, oh yeah... by the time Ditka left here, everybody hated him, even the radio guy and all the others who were so excited about getting him. First, he traded away all the draft picks for Ricky "Am I Cheech or Chong?" Williams and then be basically phoned in the coaching job from the golf course. (He lived in a mansion on English Turn.) Even his restaurant bombed due to his crappy peformance as coach. In short, he was a phony coach who acted like a big obnoxious a$$hole.
He also slammed the city, compared to Chicago, as a place to live, but I couldn't critcize him for that.

sooneron
5/11/2006, 12:10 PM
Your choices are about as compelling as the last presidential election.

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 12:13 PM
Where Tuba when you WANT his opinion on politics ??
;)

slickdawg
5/11/2006, 12:32 PM
Nagin, no doubt.

Mitch Landreiu represents all this is wrong with Louisiana Politicians - the
long history of graft, corruption, waste, fraud and abouse. Said defective
Levee's were built with federal tax dollars during his father Moon Landrieu's days as mayor of NOLA.

Nagin may be crazy, but at least he's honest.

Pricetag
5/11/2006, 12:38 PM
I'm going to need to know what the "C" stands for in Nagin's name before I vote.

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 12:46 PM
Nagin, no doubt.

Mitch Landreiu represents all this is wrong with Louisiana Politicians - the
long history of graft, corruption, waste, fraud and abouse. Said defective
Levee's were built with federal tax dollars during his father Moon Landrieu's days as mayor of NOLA.

Nagin may be crazy, but at least he's honest.
This is a view that you won't get much from outside this area. You been payin attention, dawgy!

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 12:51 PM
I'm going to need to know what the "C" stands for in Nagin's name before I vote.

He's CLARENCE Ray Nagin, Jr.

slickdawg
5/11/2006, 12:53 PM
This is a view that you won't get much from outside this area. You been payin attention, dawgy!

Then I trust you'll vote thr right way. ;)

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 12:55 PM
Then I trust you'll vote thr right way. ;)
I DID, but my man Forman did not make the runoff. :D

slickdawg
5/11/2006, 12:56 PM
I DID, but my man Forman did not make the runoff. :D

Well don't take his reccomendation on who to vote for!!!!

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 01:00 PM
The problem is that I have no problem voting AGAINST either one of these guys!

slickdawg
5/11/2006, 01:08 PM
Think of it this way, four more years of Nagin = entertainment.

Four years of Landrieu = same ol' Louisiana politics.

OklahomaTuba
5/11/2006, 01:51 PM
Where Tuba when you WANT his opinion on politics ??
;)
I have no clue who the better choice would be.

I'd vote for which ever guy would be more proactive in getting NO cleaned up and rebuilt.

If Nagin is still chillin in Big D, or locking himself in the local Hyatt, that might be kind of hard. Since the other guy shares DNA with your "cute when mad" senator, then maybe he would be the better choice.

All I know is I wouldn't vote based on outside perception. I certainly don't, which explains my strong (yet admittingly waning) support for dubya and friends.

TUSooner
5/11/2006, 02:25 PM
I have no clue who the better choice would be.

I'd vote for which ever guy would be more proactive in getting NO cleaned up and rebuilt.

If Nagin is still chillin in Big D, or locking himself in the local Hyatt, that might be kind of hard. Since the other guy shares DNA with your "cute when mad" senator, then maybe he would be the better choice.

All I know is I wouldn't vote based on outside perception. I certainly don't, which explains my strong (yet admittingly waning) support for dubya and friends.

Thanks for giving it some thought (no kidding!)

sooneron
5/11/2006, 02:32 PM
Yeah, if you feel like crazy will get the job done... so be it.

slickdawg
5/11/2006, 02:34 PM
NAGIN

slickdawg
5/11/2006, 02:35 PM
Landrieu is a whorn lover.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/11/2006, 05:19 PM
Landrieu is a whorn lover.What makes you say that?

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2006, 05:21 PM
I would go with Nagin. There were a lot of things he could and should have done differently in the pre-hurricane evacuation, but for the most part I think he's been shouldered with a lot of blame the guy doesn't deserve.

And I think he's a much better choice than Landrieu to rebuild the city's economy.

OUinFLA
5/12/2006, 07:38 AM
Might as well vote for Willie Wonka, he can reconstruct the "Factory".

slickdawg
5/12/2006, 01:02 PM
I would go with Nagin. There were a lot of things he could and should have done differently in the pre-hurricane evacuation, but for the most part I think he's been shouldered with a lot of blame the guy doesn't deserve.

And I think he's a much better choice than Landrieu to rebuild the city's economy.

SPEK!!!!!!!