PDA

View Full Version : OU-texas series since 1950

CrimsonChampion
5/10/2006, 10:07 PM
Does anyone have the series count since 50?

And another question, how can I put a pic on my profile next to my post and all that other stuff?

SoonerInKCMO
5/10/2006, 10:11 PM
http://www.soonerstats.com/fb/series/details.cfm?OppID=7

26-26-3.

olevetonahill
5/10/2006, 10:14 PM
http://www.soonerstats.com/fb/series/details.cfm?OppID=7

26-26-3.
thats what I was gonna say .
as for the avvie thing go to the FAQ ?

MamaMia
5/10/2006, 10:39 PM
What always amuses me is that some horns love to brag about the overall series record, eventhough our small piece of the United States has been holding our own against the big bad state of Texas since well before most households even had TVs and telephones.

OKC-SLC
5/10/2006, 11:07 PM
texas can suck my azz.

olevetonahill
5/10/2006, 11:09 PM
texas can suck my azz.
I wouldnt let a :texan: that close to me

crimson&cream
5/10/2006, 11:12 PM
The modern era of College FB is considered from WWII 1945 on and I believe the series since then stands OU 29-28-2

Jello Biafra
5/10/2006, 11:14 PM
What always amuses me is that some horns love to brag about the overall series record, eventhough our small piece of the United States has been holding our own against the big bad state of Texas since well before most households even had TVs and telephones.

what helps their series record arguments for them is the fact that before oklahoma was even a state the cow hunchers were already 1-8-1 against us. whatever helps them sleep at night...

GreaterState
5/11/2006, 12:30 AM

What always amuses me (ma'am) is the Twister contortions Sooners go through to slice and dice the numbers to "prove" their "dominance" over the Horns, which is usually accomplished by looking for the point where (inevitably) a win streak begun. For Sooners I recommend starting in '85, '71 or '52. This works more than one way, of course -- the Horns beat Wilkinson in each and every of his last six seasons.

It results in arguments that (were the shoe on the other foot) would be dismissed as "whornish" by posters here a hundred and seventy-eight ways from Sunday, as opposed to looking at the simple overall number. When all of our adrenaline starts pumping and the announcers start the broadcast, they don't say "For 55 years these teams have come together here ... ." The honest among you will recognize. We have the overall wins lead, you have a few more MNCs, it makes for a great debate.

:texan:

GreaterState
5/11/2006, 12:31 AM
The modern era of College FB is considered from WWII 1945 on and I believe the series since then stands OU 29-28-2

The page linked from this thread says right in the series notes:

Since 1945, Texas leads the series 29-28-3.

GreaterState
5/11/2006, 12:34 AM
what helps their series record arguments for them is the fact that before oklahoma was even a state the cow hunchers were already 1-8-1 against us. whatever helps them sleep at night...

Maybe you should've become a state (or, your own country) sooner, er, earlier.

Dirt burglar.

:D

Texas
5/11/2006, 12:35 AM
owned?

Octavian
5/11/2006, 12:41 AM
We have the overall wins lead, you have a few more MNCs, it makes for a great debate.

You must mean ground-level Fair smack down Midway.

The "overall success" thread is down the corner and to the right. Take some tissues with you.

Octavian
5/11/2006, 12:42 AM
Not too much to "debate" about overrall success between Oklahoma and Texas.

Octavian
5/11/2006, 12:43 AM
owned?

:twinkies:

mellopride
5/11/2006, 12:47 AM
Maybe you should've become a state (or, your own country) sooner, er, earlier.

Dirt burglar.

:D

Can we offically give the land to the south back to Mexico? I wouldn't miss it.

GreaterState
5/11/2006, 12:53 AM

Uh, they tried taking it, I doubt you're going to fare any better "giving" it.

King Crimson
5/11/2006, 01:04 AM
What always amuses me (ma'am) is the Twister contortions Sooners go through to slice and dice the numbers to "prove" their "dominance" over the Horns, which is usually accomplished by looking for the point where (inevitably) a win streak begun. For Sooners I recommend starting in '85, '71 or '52. This works more than one way, of course -- the Horns beat Wilkinson in each and every of his last six seasons.

It results in arguments that (were the shoe on the other foot) would be dismissed as "whornish" by posters here a hundred and seventy-eight ways from Sunday, as opposed to looking at the simple overall number. When all of our adrenaline starts pumping and the announcers start the broadcast, they don't say "For 55 years these teams have come together here ... ." The honest among you will recognize. We have the overall wins lead, you have a few more MNCs, it makes for a great debate.

just a note, and one thing you ought to acknowledge as part of your current priviledge to post here: rhetorical plasticity and selective memory is and will always be a part of any rivalry.

a Sooner posting as you do at hornfans would not last an hour.

BTW, Twister is a movie....not something most Oklahomans say.

i've been alive for 4 OU National Championships.....i wouldn't trade one of them for the series lead against UT.

Statalyzer
5/11/2006, 01:43 AM
a Sooner posting as you do at hornfans would not last an hour.

It actually resembles stuff Sooners say at hornfans as part of civil debates between fans.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/11/2006, 06:30 AM
It actually resembles stuff Sooners say at hornfans as part of civil debates between fans.

is that before or after the Sooner is banned for telling the truth?

Jello Biafra
5/11/2006, 07:25 AM
Uh, they tried taking it, I doubt you're going to fare any better "giving" it.

i was just in that dump you call a state. "they" are slowly but surely "taking it" as we speak. one day you'll wake up and say "when the hell did spanish become the official language?"

i don't think it was so much you guys winning rather it was a logistics nightmare for mexico and they lost it, fruitbat.

TexasLidig8r
5/11/2006, 08:52 AM
I've never quite understood many Sooner fans insistence on looking at the series with Texas since only 1950.

As much as it galls me to say it, OU has a tradition of winning through the decades,... it's gridiron success cannot be denied. It has played in many big games. The numbers all support this and there exists much for Sooners to be proud of.

At the same time, Texas has enjoyed great success, is justifiably proud of our traditions and the mark we have left, and are leaving in college football. For us to pick an arbitrary number to attempt to argue some ridiculous point would diminish our achievements... our tradition.

Similarly, to arbitrarily pick a certain year and attempt to argue, "Yeah well, since ...." diminishes the accomplishments of your program and the success your program has enjoyed. Such "pick a year" argument is more befitting of aggy or lesser programs.

tbl
5/11/2006, 09:35 AM
58 to 65 was a pretty rough patch! Fortunately I wasn't alive to witness it...

Good point, lid. It's nice to see you openly acknowledge that we have the better program. We shouldn't focus on saxeT that much, since we own you guys in the big picture. :D (seriously though... good post).

tbl
5/11/2006, 09:37 AM
Correction: 58 to 70...1-11

Yowza!

bluesmagoo
5/11/2006, 09:50 AM
Well, IF Switzer had been coach in the 90"s, this would be a moot point, as OU's win record would have been much higher. Nor would Nebraska have won 2 NC's. That is a given.

CincySooner
5/11/2006, 10:02 AM
<sigh> for the last time

yes Hook 'em owns all-time series over us.

however, the margin is quickly narrowing and you :texan: 's know it

sooneron
5/11/2006, 10:10 AM
This may be the stupidest thing I have ever read on this board (That's nearly 6 years folks). Figures that it would be you, stevo or heh.

CrimsonChampion
5/11/2006, 04:26 PM
Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

:texan: I just read the first few words of your pointless statement, don't even start saying all we do is worry about texass because it's just different, we worry about whipping ur texasses when we play you then we worry about that good ole national title, obviously something you guys can't do on a consistant basis, good one this year, after that 5 year texass whipping streak, not to mention ur 36 year title drought, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!! When you guys beat us you'd think you've already won the championship, we get crunk about kicking you guys texasses, but that next week we've already moved on and thinking about the title, good job on your title, we'll probably see you in the title game again when i'm about 50, which is in 25 years, well maybe longer than that considering your last one before this year was 1969, the last all white national champion team, good thing yall aren't still racist, if it wasn't for OU it might've been 1980 before you guys even recruited a black player.

Oh yea, you guys couldn't even think national championship unless you're playing a young inexperienced, adrian petersonless OU team that had the 3rd youngest roster in the nation. Get ready for another shameful 5 years of turdhorn football.

BOOMER.. #8 coming soon baby!!!!!!!

TexasLidig8r
5/11/2006, 04:40 PM
Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em I just read the first few words of your pointless statement. Now, don't even start saying all we do is worry about texass because it's just different. Admittedly, we worry about whipping ur texasses when we play you.

We then worry about that good ole national title. Obviously this is something you guys can't do on a consistant basis, since you appear to be good one this year, after that 5 year texass whipping streak, not to mention ur 36 year title drought, IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!

When you guys beat us you'd think you've already won the championship. We get crunk about kicking you guys texasses, but that next week we've already moved on and thinking about the title.

Good job on your title. We'll probably see you in the title game again when i'm about 50, which is in 25 years. However, it may be longer than that considering your last one before this year was 1970. As you may recall, the last all white national champion team, was your team the year before, that is, 1969. It is a good thing yall aren't still racist. If it wasn't for OU it might've been 1980 before you guys even recruited a black player.

Oh yea, you guys couldn't even think national championship unless you're playing a young inexperienced, Adrian Peterson-less OU team that had the 3rd youngest roster in the nation. Get ready for another shameful 5 years of turdhorn football.

BOOMER.. #8 coming soon baby!!!!!!!

At least pretend you know a bit about syntax and grammar. Smack is much more effective when your eyes don't hurt because it looks like a 2nd grader typed the material. It is a poor reflection on your education and university to have that trainwreck of a post you threw against the wall.

CrimsonChampion
5/11/2006, 04:46 PM
At least pretend you know a bit about syntax and grammar. Smack is much more effective when your eyes don't hurt because it looks like a 2nd grader typed the material. It is a poor reflection on your education and university to have that trainwreck of a post you threw against the wall.

Oh we have an english teacher on hand!! I wouldn't be talking, I can't remember what the actual percentage is of your states illiteracy, but it's higher than I could even imagine.

i'm not typing an essay for an english class, I'm on a message board turd

Pretty soon everyone in texass will be speaking spanish anyway, and i failed that class.

GreaterState
5/11/2006, 05:03 PM
and i failed that class.

:eek: Really?

TexasLidig8r
5/11/2006, 05:42 PM
Oh we have an english teacher on hand!! I wouldn't be talking, I can't remember what the actual percentage is of your states illiteracy, but it's higher than I could even imagine.

i'm not typing an essay for an english class, I'm on a message board turd

Pretty soon everyone in texass will be speaking spanish anyway, and i failed that class.

What a big surprise! You failed a class!

The point being.. when you are incapable of even rudimentary sentence structure or punctuation, it doesn't say much for your educational background. Not every word has to be spelled correctly. However, his ranting, run on sentence was so egregious as to be unreadable.

101sooner
5/11/2006, 05:47 PM
Welcome to HornFans.com.

MamaMia
5/11/2006, 05:58 PM

The point being.. when you are incapable of even rudimentary sentence structure or punctuation, it doesn't say much for your educational background. Not every word has to be spelled correctly. However, his ranting, run on sentence was so egregious as to be unreadable.Post reported.

Jello Biafra
5/11/2006, 06:03 PM

gawd! you missed your calling tit, you should have been a school teacher.

Jello Biafra
5/11/2006, 06:06 PM

The point being.. when you are incapable of even rudimentary sentence structure or punctuation, it doesn't say much for your educational background. Not every word has to be spelled correctly. However, his ranting, run on sentence was so egregious as to be unreadable.

and your classmates were giving you incessant purple nurples, swirlies, and wedgies because you wore a longhorn pocket protector and picked your nose......whats your point?

TexasLidig8r
5/11/2006, 06:20 PM
and your classmates were giving you incessant purple nurples, swirlies, and wedgies because you wore a longhorn pocket protector and picked your nose......whats your point?

The point being... it doesn't take that much extra effort to put the occasional period and/or comma into your post. That allows you to THINK a bit more before posting a stream of non-sensical, tired, trite pablum. If you are a product of OU, which from meeting numerous OU alums, puts out a good, polished alum, then, demonstrate it. Again, you don't have to spell every word correctly. But good Lord, at least pretend that you have the intelligence to put together a coherent thought.

Jello Biafra
5/11/2006, 06:31 PM
The point being... it doesn't take that much extra effort to put the occasional period and/or comma into your post. That allows you to THINK a bit more before posting a stream of non-sensical, tired, trite pablum. If you are a product of OU, which from meeting numerous OU alums, puts out a good, polished alum, then, demonstrate it. Again, you don't have to spell every word correctly. But good Lord, at least pretend that you have the intelligence to put together a coherent thought.

did you get a new dictionary/thesaurus set for your birthday or do you save these tirades on your desktop to allow you to copy and paste at will?

with your attitude, your daughter may become a prostitue and your son a ghey nm you're a whorn fan anyway......point being, nothing seems to be good enough for you.

your kids tag you for being a hypocritical ******* and you bust their balls because they don't enunciate words and they mispell and misplace words on their dissertation or some nonsensical b*llsh*t like that....you suck and it WOULD suck to be you.

David Earl
5/11/2006, 09:04 PM
GreaterState gets a few days off.

Jello Biafra
5/11/2006, 09:58 PM
GreaterState gets a few days off.

heh! one shot, one kill

CrimsonChampion
5/11/2006, 10:23 PM
I'll be sure and take a little more time typing my posts so my sentence run ons or whatever don't offend our little friend from the republic of mejico.

yea right, when I actually get graded for a post on a message board I'll be sure and take the time to get an A so in the mean time i'll continue to run on or off or whatever you wanna call it because it's what we seem to do with national championships whether we win or lose we get there on a consistant basis and also consistantly whip ur texasses is this a good enough run on sentence for you because if it's not i can keep going... go talk to ur fellow texans and maybe you can teach them to read, as i said your literacy rate is pretty damn bad. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaaa blaaaaaaaaaa why am i wasting my time with a stoopid longhorn

David Earl
5/12/2006, 07:46 AM
Dude, I think you overpunctuated that last paragraph.

Bevo-Stevo
5/12/2006, 09:52 AM
Gettin back to the original point:

Actually, it's 29-28-2 Horns. Not into picking arbitrary starting points however.

What I would like to say, it's stunning to read so many of your posts claiming you could care less that Texas owns the series lead against ou 55-39-6. There are 2 teams, USC and Notre Dame that UT has horrible records against. I believe ou shares that same problem against them. What bothers me most is not all of the National Championships each school has claimed, but the fact that they absolutely own us record wise. Use to feel the same way about Nebraska until UT straightened that out. Now, I could use a familiar argument used here quite often and say that since the new millenium has started, Texas is 1-0 against USC.....but that would be just as ridiculous as all of the sudden choosing, I don't know, 1950 as the point where the series between UT and ou should count.

XingTheRubicon
5/12/2006, 11:32 AM
I don't know what I'd do if I didn't know how you felt about all this...

soonerhubs
5/12/2006, 11:42 AM
I don't know what I'd do if I didn't know how you felt about all this...

My sentiments exactly. I's been hanging on his every word. :rolleyes:

CrimsonChampion
5/12/2006, 02:12 PM
Gettin back to the original point:

Actually, it's 29-28-2 Horns. Not into picking arbitrary starting points however.

What I would like to say, it's stunning to read so many of your posts claiming you could care less that Texas owns the series lead against ou 55-39-6. There are 2 teams, USC and Notre Dame that UT has horrible records against. I believe ou shares that same problem against them. What bothers me most is not all of the National Championships each school has claimed, but the fact that they absolutely own us record wise. Use to feel the same way about Nebraska until UT straightened that out. Now, I could use a familiar argument used here quite often and say that since the new millenium has started, Texas is 1-0 against USC.....but that would be just as ridiculous as all of the sudden choosing, I don't know, 1950 as the point where the series between UT and ou should count.

I agree with where you stand, I just started this thread because OUr success didn't start till 1950.

SkipTracer
5/13/2006, 03:49 PM
1950 is another great moment in history for texas (linked)http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/governors/personality/jester-lanier.html

Sooner_Barry
5/14/2006, 02:30 AM
Yeah but it took a sooner by the name of Darrell Royal to win 2.5 of Texas'
3.5 NC's! Perhaps you've heard of him?

OKC Sooner
5/14/2006, 02:41 AM

Some Australian guy tried auctioning off New Zealand on Ebay... maybe we can auction off Texas. Some fool is bound to bid on it... there's a sucker born every minute.

Bevo-Stevo
5/14/2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah but it took a sooner by the name of Darrell Royal to win 2.5 of Texas' 3.5 NC's! Perhaps you've heard of him?

Absolutely. And perhaps you've heard of all of the Texas high school players, oh, I'd say about 75% of ou's rosters, that have won the sooners NC's. Ridiculous argument.

XingTheRubicon
5/14/2006, 03:43 PM
Absolutely. And perhaps you've heard of all of the Texas high school players, oh, I'd say about 75% of ou's rosters, that have won the sooners NC's. Ridiculous argument.

Why would you like to say that....because you're ignorant and felt compelled to prove it?

You have every right to be a moron, just set a goal to be a silent moron.

CrimsonChampion
5/14/2006, 04:25 PM
The only argument about texas high school players going to OU just proves they are smarter than your typical texan. Not their fault they were born in that poophole. Also, You won't ever see a longhorn HEAD COACHING OUr program. If it wasn't for that good ole Sooner all-american coaching you poor sacks you'd just now have your first title. Hell, Mack was a Sooner once too! lol

snp
5/14/2006, 04:45 PM
I'll be sure and take a little more time typing my posts so my sentence run ons or whatever don't offend our little friend from the republic of mejico.

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I don't read posts that look like yours. If you can't even punctuate or use decent grammar, then I'm going to doubt your post.

Except for guys like jkm, yermom, etc.

CrimsonChampion
5/16/2006, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I don't read posts that look like yours. If you can't even punctuate or use decent grammar, then I'm going to doubt your post.

Except for guys like jkm, yermom, etc.

wellll git r' done then skeeter

Big Red Ron
5/16/2006, 10:38 PM
Texas high school players, oh, I'd say about 75% of ou's rosters...Ridiculous argument.Funny how 75% of our Heisman winners are from Oklahoma.:rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
5/17/2006, 04:38 PM
Funny how 75% of our Heisman winners are from Oklahoma.:rolleyes:

50% of the butkus award winners are from Oklahoma or 100% depending on if bozworth and the state of tejas have ever made amends....

2 of 3 of our lombardi winners are from oklahoma

i could only confirm 2 of 5 outlands oklahomans

100% on the bednarik

33% on the thorpe

100% on the maxwell (2 out of 2)

50% on the walter camp (2 of 4)

100% on the tatupu

and brad pitt is from shawnee so.....

MiccoMacey
5/17/2006, 04:41 PM
and brad pitt is from shawnee so.....

Brad Pitt is a WOLF!!!!

Go Blue!!! :D

Jello Biafra
5/17/2006, 04:44 PM
Brad Pitt is a WOLF!!!!

Go Blue!!! :D

i was actually kidding :) texas has the best qb to ever don the horns and he's not from texas but jersey i think?

they have him we have pitt....they're actually both homeowners :)