PDA

View Full Version : Okay, this Idol thing is rigged

Jerk
5/10/2006, 08:30 PM
I ain't watchin' it no more.

What b.s.

soonercody
5/10/2006, 08:37 PM
I think Chris D stands to make a boatload more money now though.

Rogue
5/10/2006, 08:38 PM

Maybe. Wonder what their contracts look like?

Rogue
5/10/2006, 08:40 PM
His band, Absent Element, must be a little relieved.

handcrafted
5/10/2006, 09:13 PM
If it was rigged, Chris woulda won. The judges clearly wanted him.

Kimberlyz4OU
5/10/2006, 09:59 PM
I wanted him too!! Dabnabbit......

I ain't watching no more either Jerk, I'm just gonna wait for Chris' CD to come out

OU-HSV
5/10/2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah that was B.S. Kat should be gone and the 3 guys should still be there. Oh well, here's hoping that Taylor Hicks wins it all now. Although Elliot was awesome on last nights show.

tbl
5/10/2006, 11:19 PM

Yup... as the only true rocker that's ever been on Idol, he will fare much better to distance himself from them. Bo Bice made it to the final two, and what's he done lately? Nada... This will be much better for him in the long (maybe short) run.

Taylor is bringing on in to omeletteville....

boomersooner28
5/11/2006, 12:45 AM
uh, haven't seen it yet, but if Catherine is still there, America is retarded. She forgot her damn lyrics for goodness sake!

NickZeppelin
5/11/2006, 01:10 AM
If it was rigged then Chris wouldn't be leaving. Who the hell wanted the guy out? He's been the best on the show consistantly over the entire show. Everyone thought he was atleast going to be in the final 2. This shows even more that AI isn't rigged because if it was then the judges or people at Fox wouldn't allow for it. Chris has been praised consistantly by all the judges and pretty much everyone for as long as they've been on the stage.

This is the most competitive season ever on Idol. The least talented of the final 4 was probably Elliott. But last night Elliott won his spot to the Final 3 by being by far the best singer out there. Even though he hasn't been the best over the last several weeks IMO.

SactoSooner
5/11/2006, 01:35 AM
Chris loses, and you're shocked?

Did you vote for him?

He was awful last night. Even though the judges said his performance of "Suspicious Minds" was all this and that, before their comments I realized that I had actually tuned it out about half way through. Chalked up the performance to Chris wanting to heal his voice from the previous week, but I knew immediately that he was in trouble.

At this point in the competition, a performer can't afford to have the audience tune out and lose interest...no matter how good they are.

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2006, 01:41 AM
I ask again, if people can't be trusted to vote properly on American Idol how can we trust people to vote properly for President? :D

soonerbrat
5/11/2006, 05:27 AM
chris is gone?

sad. i didn't get to watch AI at all this week, so i don't know how the performances were. i hope taylor wins it :)

Sooner in Tampa
5/11/2006, 05:59 AM
American Idol is now dead to me.

I am sick of Elliott and all of his same old songs, Katherine has a great voice but she just screws up every freakin week. So I guess I hope Taylor wins...but I will NOT be watching.

Osce0la
5/11/2006, 09:14 AM
Pull for the Birmingham folks ;) We've only had 3 make it this far :D

I don't really care much for the show, but my wife loves it so I watch it with her every week. I have enjoyed Chris's performances, as he actually chooses good music to perform. I think it's better for him to lose now so he can get out of his AI contract sooner and work on whatever he wants to do. A record company would snatch him up in a heartbeat. America already knows who he is and how he performs. He's better off not winning.

Scott D
5/11/2006, 09:16 AM
I don't know if I can handle Jerk getting more disillusioned with 'reality' TV. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2006, 09:22 AM
I quit watching after the auditions are over so I dont even know whats going on.....Saves a lot of disappointment and I love watching the freaks

handcrafted
5/11/2006, 09:56 AM
Chris loses, and you're shocked?

Did you vote for him?

He was awful last night. Even though the judges said his performance of "Suspicious Minds" was all this and that, before their comments I realized that I had actually tuned it out about half way through. Chalked up the performance to Chris wanting to heal his voice from the previous week, but I knew immediately that he was in trouble.

At this point in the competition, a performer can't afford to have the audience tune out and lose interest...no matter how good they are.

I thought he was protecting his voice, too. Sure, he didn't kick ***, but he was good enough. Other members of the final 12 (McPhee being a good example) keep on getting through after 2 or 3 weeks of sucky performances. Chris is gone after one mildly mediocre one? Come on.

Osce0la
5/11/2006, 09:58 AM
I thought he was protecting his voice, too. Sure, he didn't kick ***, but he was good enough. Other members of the final 12 (McPhee being a good example) keep on getting through after 2 or 3 weeks of sucky performances. Chris is gone after one mildly mediocre one? Come on.
Bucky made it pretty far with absolutely no talent...

tbl
5/11/2006, 10:03 AM
(Robot Greggo voice)

Good point.

Pieces Hit
5/11/2006, 11:38 AM
I vote Carrie comes back and shows those slobs how to sing.
Mandisa had a big butt.

Veritas
5/11/2006, 11:43 AM
SOUL PATROL!!!

Pieces Hit
5/11/2006, 11:46 AM
Taylor's okay but I worry when he jumps around without wearing his helmet.

Osce0la
5/11/2006, 11:47 AM
SOUL PATROL!!!
WOOOOO!!!! <leans to the side as if about to fall from seizure>

SOUL PATROL!! WOOOO!!!

Pieces Hit
5/11/2006, 11:49 AM
The only reason Ray Charles acted that way was because he didn't know how dumb he looked.

Sooner in Tampa
5/11/2006, 12:03 PM
I am tired of Taylor's goofy ***...and someone please tell him to STOP DANCING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

Pieces Hit
5/11/2006, 12:05 PM
His initial Joe Cocker vibe was cool but it really has become more wedding singerish.

He is going to win by the way.

GDC
5/11/2006, 12:11 PM
that show sucks

SoonerObsession
5/11/2006, 01:45 PM
Chris is probably the only singer I've seen on that show that I would actually buy his cd. I'm not saying the others can't sing, but Chris is the only one that I'd like to hear while driving in my car. I like Carrie Underwood, but I will never buy her music.

Osce0la
5/11/2006, 01:47 PM
Chris is probably the only singer I've seen on that show that I would actually buy his cd. I'm not saying the others can't sing, but Chris is the only one that I'd like to hear while driving in my car. I like Carrie Underwood, but I will never buy her music.
I liked Bo because of his taste in music. I figured he'd put out a good CD, so when it came out I went and bought it and it was absolute teh succ :mad: He was all rocker and crap on AI, and then he puts out a CD and it's basically a love song cd that was written for his new wife...

I don't think Chris will do this though, and I am interested in hearing his first CD.

jrsooner
5/11/2006, 06:46 PM
Chris is probably the only singer I've seen on that show that I would actually buy his cd. I'm not saying the others can't sing, but Chris is the only one that I'd like to hear while driving in my car. I like Carrie Underwood, but I will never buy her music.Carrie was the first CD we bought of an "idol" person. It was good. Chris is good, but I don't think his CDs are going to be my type of music to listen to. Give Taylor a good blues/jazz type of album, and my wife will be standing in line to get it.

jrsooner
5/11/2006, 06:55 PM
I was joking with my wife about it last night that Yamin must be getting all the Jew vote to stay in....and now on the Jewish Telegraphic Agency.....

http://jta.org/page_view_breaking_story.asp?intid=2588

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/11/2006, 07:14 PM
I don't know if I can handle Jerk getting more disillusioned with 'reality' TV. :DGo ahead and say it, O-U-T-R-A-G-E-D.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/11/2006, 07:16 PM
I have smelled something fishy with AI since the second season, when they said Ruben studdard won over Clay Aiken. I think RIGGED!

StoopTroup
5/11/2006, 07:20 PM
Liberace would have killed them all.

http://www.emediawire.com/prfiles/2005/06/02/247476/LiberaceinHotPantssinglecopy.jpg

BigRedJed
5/11/2006, 07:34 PM
Norm, if you're on here, I'll give you $100 to make that Dean's avatar. No way he knows how to change it back.

Sooner in Tampa
5/11/2006, 07:58 PM
Norm, if you're on here, I'll give you $100 to make that Dean's avatar. No way he knows how to change it back.Dude...Dean would RAGE HARD!!!! He would probably BANE EVERYONE. :D Oh, but it would be so worth it.:D

Scott D
5/11/2006, 08:16 PM
Go ahead and say it, O-U-T-R-A-G-E-D.

Nah Jerk never gets outraged...he tends to get roadraged :D

tulsaoilerfan
5/11/2006, 11:23 PM
Why do you people even watch this? The only time i have paid attention is last year, and solely because of the okie from checotah.

NickZeppelin
5/12/2006, 12:13 AM
Untill last year I only watched the first round of Idol. Something about people embarassing each other makes it funny. After that Idol hasn't been worth watching. I watched it more last year because an Okie was a finalist. This year I don't know why I've been attatched to it this late but I have.

SleestakSooner
5/12/2006, 03:04 AM
Untill last year I only watched the first round of Idol. Something about people embarassing each other makes it funny. After that Idol hasn't been worth watching. I watched it more last year because an Okie was a finalist. This year I don't know why I've been attatched to it this late but I have.

I like watching people embarrass themselves... which is really the only reason I ever read your posts:rolleyes:

SactoSooner
6/6/2006, 09:15 PM
I liked Bo because of his taste in music.

WOOOO a'double freakin' HOOOO!!!!! Tonight I won backstage passes to Bo's concert on the 15th. :D

Saw Carrie in concert a few weeks ago, too, and may I say...OMG. That little girl from Checotah can sure sing "Sweet Child o' Mine" and "Patience" by Guns and Roses. Wow.

All y'all Okies are missing out big time by not going to see her perform in Pryor on Thursday!!!

Sooner in Tampa
6/7/2006, 05:37 AM
BTW...Chris turned down the job as leadman for Fuel. Apparently he is looking at doing a solo gig. He has said that his plans will be announced at the end or towards the end of the Idol tour.