PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ingram - No. 1 in your hearts...

1stTimeCaller
5/10/2006, 01:53 PM
Number one on the charts.

JACK INGRAM GRABS FIRST #1 HIT

Brooks & Dunn Tap Jack for Long Haul Tour

Big Machine Nabs Its First #1, Too

Nashville, TN Jack Ingram can hardly believe his good fortune these days. He has been chosen by country musics most successful duo of all time, Brooks & Dunn, to open their tour through the end of 2006, nine-time Grammy-winning superstar Sheryl Crow asked him to be the sole opening act during the month of June, and his wife, Amy, will deliver their third child next month. Oh yeah, and theres the matter of his first Billboard, R&R, Music Row and Texas Music Number One country single, Wherever You Are.

At my very first gig at Adair's Saloon in Dallas, Texas, a guy held up his finger (not his index finger) and screamed at me, You're Number One!, recounts the unflappable entertainer. I replied Not yet, but someday I will be! Today is that day! I am very excited about having a Number One single. I am proud and very appreciative of all the people involved with making this happen, including my Big Machine Records family, Country Radio and all the fans, Wherever You Are!

Jacks first Number One single is especially sweet, because the native Texan has traveled hundreds of thousands of miles playing show after show spreading his brand of country music. The friends and fans hes made along the way are ecstatic about Jacks newest achievement. In addition to country radio support, hes also garnered believers at both CMT and GAC where the video for Wherever You Are is one of the channels most-played hit videos.

The Number One feat is also an incredible milestone for Nashville-based Big Machine Records. The label was founded just eight months ago by music industry veteran Scott Borchetta, and Wherever You Are marks the new companys first appearance at the top of the country charts.

I have had the good fortune to be involved in over 100 Number One singles in my career, but there are none bigger or that I am more proud of than this one, said the beaming Big Machine president. Jack Ingram is like a long lost brother to me. As one of the first signings to the label, Jack and I sat down and talked very specifically about where he had been and where he wanted to go. Today is the beginning of where Jack Ingram is going and where Big Machine is going.

I also want to send a HUGE thank you to Country Radio for giving this Texas Outlaw a chance on their airwaves and the opportunity to reach their listeners, continued Borchetta. Today is a very BIG day at Big Machine!

Jack joins the Brooks & Dunn Long Haul Tour when it kicks off later this week in Charlotte, North Carolina. The tour, which runs through November, will stop in major cities across the U.S., including Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas, St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Seattle, Portland, San Diego and many more.

Osce0la
5/10/2006, 02:18 PM
Sheryl Crow ;)

CShine
5/10/2006, 02:23 PM
I've never understood why that song is such a big deal, but hell, it is country music. It doesn't have to be any good to sell a jillion.

Scott D
5/10/2006, 03:52 PM
and he's #2346065444564123 on my "Will listen to eventually" list, right in front of Mike Jones. :D

OUAndy1807
5/10/2006, 06:37 PM
this guy is a ******.

leftfield
5/10/2006, 06:38 PM
Jack Ingram rulezzzz

OUAndy1807
5/10/2006, 06:44 PM
his music is passable, as a person he is a major ******.

leftfield
5/10/2006, 06:48 PM
story behind that one?

walkoffsooner
5/10/2006, 07:49 PM
Brooks and Dunn? I thought a tiger ate him

OUAndy1807
5/10/2006, 10:11 PM
hey, I just saw where he's slated to open for Billy Ray Cyrus starting early fall.