PDA

View Full Version : Observations from a Texas fan

horn43
5/10/2006, 01:40 PM
I have a good feeling all Horn fans and anyone else that had negative criticism towards Rhet Bomar last year will not like the taste of the crow they will have to eat this year. I can assure you 3-4 games into this 06 season and the Texas faithful will kill to have had Bomar in Burnt Orange. Whoever the Texas QB is will be in for the same shock Bomar was. The speed and physical size, strength diffrence between high school and D-1 college football.

I look for Bomar to have a breakout year. Unfortunately for Texas, I think our reign as champs will be short lived. We will be good, but I give the Defensive edge to OU. QB-OU , kicking game- OU. (our kicking game may be hideous next year) I bleed orange, but in all honesty I believe OU , NU, and mabey even TT are loses for us. The RRS will still be a war, but I don't think Texas or anybody else scores more than 10 on OU's defense. If your OL gels then hide the women and children cause it could get ugly for some teams.

Bourbon St Sooner
5/10/2006, 01:44 PM
This troll's not even original. Sigh.

Herr Scholz
5/10/2006, 01:44 PM
Are you serious? Troll. :D

freshchris05
5/10/2006, 01:45 PM
I have a good feeling all Horn fans and anyone else that had negative criticism towards Rhet Bomar last year will not like the taste of the crow they will have to eat this year. I can assure you 3-4 games into this 06 season and the Texas faithful will kill to have had Bomar in Burnt Orange. Whoever the Texas QB is will be in for the same shock Bomar was. The speed and physical size, strength diffrence between high school and D-1 college football.

I look for Bomar to have a breakout year. Unfortunately for Texas, I think our reign as champs will be short lived. We will be good, but I give the Defensive edge to OU. QB-OU , kicking game- OU. (our kicking game may be hideous next year) I bleed orange, but in all honesty I believe OU , NU, and mabey even TT are loses for us. The RRS will still be a war, but I don't think Texas or anybody else scores more than 10 on OU's defense. If your OL gels then hide the women and children cause it could get ugly for some teams.

the other whorns are gonna shun you...

sooneron
5/10/2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.accesswave.ca/~thomson/ackbar.jpg

RedstickSooner
5/10/2006, 01:54 PM
Don't be so quick on the kicking game, yo - our punter is pretty bad. Y'all might have the edge on punts, and given I expect both defenses to be good, the punts may be frequent & crucial.

horn43
5/10/2006, 02:01 PM
Not all Texas fans are imature a-holes, all Im saying is Texas young QB's and all other teams with new QB's at the end of this year will be compared to Bomars freshmen year, and when all is saud and done I think Bomars first year is going to look pretty good.

MamaMia
5/10/2006, 02:05 PM
Not all Texas fans are imature a-holes, all Im saying is Texas young QB's and all other teams with new QB's at the end of this year will be compared to Bomars freshmen year, and when all is saud and done I think Bomars first year is going to look pretty good.
So, what you're saying is that most of them are. Right?

soonerhubs
5/10/2006, 02:06 PM
Are you serious? Troll. :D

At least he's not an avatar thief. :D ;)

sooneron
5/10/2006, 02:09 PM
I really don't think Rhett's 10 td to 10 int ratio will ever be regarded so much. I'm not bagging on him, but there have been other young qbs that have had better numbers....His growth last year was great to watch, however.

sooneron
5/10/2006, 02:10 PM
So, what you're saying is that most of them are. Right?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OUSAEmom again.

BASSooner
5/10/2006, 02:21 PM
Don't be so quick on the kicking game, yo - our punter is pretty bad. Y'all might have the edge on punts, and given I expect both defenses to be good, the punts may be frequent & crucial.
we'll be better at kicking cuz they lost that pino kid but yeah they have the edge on punter. Mike Knall is aweful

runner1182
5/10/2006, 02:26 PM
no worries fellow sooners if adrian is healthy and our o-line is decent, and rhett is playing the way he did toward the end of the season we won't see the punter at all! ;)

Herr Scholz
5/10/2006, 02:29 PM
we'll be better at kicking cuz they lost that pino kid...
Pino wasn't that good (never as good as Dusty Mangum before him). He missed a FG AND an extra point in the Rose Bowl. We should have been in the position to kick a FG for the win at the end of that game. Greg Johnson is listed as our placekicker, punter and kickoff guy right now. We signed a hotshot placekicker in Feb though. We'll see.

XingTheRubicon
5/10/2006, 02:42 PM
Pino wasn't that good (never as good as Dusty Mangum before him). He missed a FG AND an extra point in the Rose Bowl. We should have been in the position to kick a FG for the win at the end of that game. Greg Johnson is listed as our placekicker, punter and kickoff guy right now. We signed a hotshot placekicker in Feb though. We'll see.

Are you 100% sure he's a "hotshot?"

;)

Herr Scholz
5/10/2006, 02:43 PM

;)
That's what I heard on the street. ;)

horn43
5/10/2006, 02:56 PM
Hunter lawrence is the freshmen kicker UT actually used a scholarship on. I have talked to people who have seen him in person, they were not impressed nor did they think worthy of scholarship.

47straight
5/10/2006, 02:59 PM

Aside from my normal wishing of ill will on Texas, I had hoped that the PK situation would come back and bite Mack on the a$$. I recalled watching Pinot Noir miss multiple field goals early in the season and thinking - "That's what Mackie gets for never signing scholly kickers... this is going to cost him someday." Instead we get the worst of both worlds - it didn't cause y'all to actually lose anything - *and* you learned your lesson. :mad: :cool:

47straight
5/10/2006, 03:01 PM
Hunter lawrence is the freshmen kicker UT actually used a scholarship on. I have talked to people who have seen him in person, they were not impressed nor did they think worthy of scholarship.

Do you think a kicker would be impressive in person (besides UvS)? We're talking about soccer players, man!

TheGodfather889
5/10/2006, 03:03 PM
Dear God,there is actually an unbiased Texas fan.

Herr Scholz
5/10/2006, 03:15 PM
Dear God,there is actually an unbiased Texas fan.
He's no Texas fan, brotha.

swardboy
5/10/2006, 03:17 PM
The OU punting position might be a pleasant surprise with the addition of the Juco from...is it Abilene Christian? Great stats there.

I know better...ACU is four year.

horn43
5/10/2006, 03:24 PM
Playing in a big game like Ohio State before the RRS may help our young QB shed some of the jitters, sad part though is I think we lose that game and RRS.

XingTheRubicon
5/10/2006, 03:25 PM
Finally, a Texas fan that hates Texas.

A burnt orange Nick Zepp if you will...

Herr Scholz
5/10/2006, 03:27 PM
You go to Texas, horn43? If so, where did you live? Where were your favorite places to eat? Name some bars on 6th street.

I'm guessing you won't be able to.

Herr Scholz
5/10/2006, 03:34 PM
Bueller?

horn43
5/10/2006, 03:48 PM
Did not attend UT, but have been lifelong fan.

eastxsooner
5/10/2006, 03:48 PM
Go back to your hole troll....... Who has that picture of the Austin Village People when you need it?

Herr Scholz
5/10/2006, 03:51 PM
Did not attend UT, but have been lifelong fan.
Uh huh. :rolleyes:

Surely you know some things about Austin then. If you're a lifelong fan, surely you've been to at least one game there, right? What do you like to do when you're in Austin? Where do you eat? Where do you stay?

MamaMia
5/10/2006, 04:13 PM
You go to Texas, horn43? If so, where did you live? Where were your favorite places to eat? Name some bars on 6th street.

I'm guessing you won't be able to.I have never been to Austin but he could google a few seconds and say something like...

I lived at and am still a resident at Circle C West on Viridian Lane in Austin, TX 78739. Back in the day I loved to eat at Louies on E. 6th and Adams House on Avenue G. Its really nice since its been restored. Now I like to eat at Trulucks Downtown on Colorado.

As far as clubs on 6th go, if all I want to do is shoot some pool, the Blind Pig is okay, but for cheap beer and some Blues, Joe's Generic Bar works for me. ;)

Texans. :rolleyes:

sooner94
5/10/2006, 04:15 PM
I've never been to Austin but all of the UT grads I know rave about the Blue Oyster Bar, with $0 cover charge if you are wearing leather pants and no shirt. Parking is in the rear.

sooneron
5/10/2006, 04:16 PM
I like Louie's near the Driskill.

GreaterState
5/10/2006, 04:20 PM
I have never been to Austin but he could google a few seconds and say something like...

And we'd say, you live in the Circle C model home? Just like on Arrested Development?

And that nobody cool goes to the Blind Pig. ;)

EDIT: D'oh, you took the model home address out of your post.

Herr Scholz
5/10/2006, 04:23 PM
I have never been to Austin but he could google a few seconds and say something like...

I lived at and am still a resident at Circle C West on Viridian Lane in Austin, TX 78739. Back in the day I loved to eat at Louies on E. 6th and Adams House on Avenue G. Its really nice since its been restored. Now I like to eat at Trulucks Downtown on Colorado.

As far as clubs on 6th go, if all I want to do is shoot some pool, the Blind Pig is okay, but for cheap beer and some Blues, Joe's Generic Bar works for me. ;)

And I would've seen right through that obviously uninformed and concocted description of fun things to do in Austin.

sooner13f
5/10/2006, 04:39 PM
And I would've seen right through that obviously uninformed and concocted description of fun things to do in Austin.
Man I had to go to Austin twice in the last few days. The only fun thing to do there is Get Out.

KyleUT
5/10/2006, 04:40 PM
I wish i could've eaten "back in the day" at Louie's on 6th. $$$$

And don't **** on Blind Pig...that was a great bar when i was in town.

Can we make this thread about the things I miss about Austin?? ;)

GreaterState
5/10/2006, 04:43 PM
Man I had to go to Austin twice in the last few days. The only fun thing to do there is Get Out.
and race back to THRILLING KILLEEN(TM)

Herr Scholz
5/10/2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah, that's why there are 1.4 million people living in greater Austin now.

TJKDone
5/10/2006, 05:05 PM

Herr...IMO you are over-rating OU's D for the upcoming season. They have had significant losses on DL and in the secondary and they weren't as good as their ranking last year. Their DL would have been below average without Dusty and I don't think their returnee's are very strong at all.

I also believe that we will possibly be improved not worse on the defensive side. While we lost Huff, Grif and Rod I don't think any are irreplaceable and Gene's scheme will be better in place. Usually there is a big improvement from year one to two under a coordinator. We will be big time improved at LB due to experience. I personally think we'll be better in the middle than we were with Aaron.

I agree somewhat on Bomar though. I don't think his arm is anything to write home about, but his OL, which is still a question mark IMO, can't be worse. Especially not early in the season like last year, man it was brutal. He is a tough kid who will learn well from his mistakes and be one of the better QB's in the Big 12. If Peterson keeps healthy, Bomar will be much better.

I think we have an even chance of beating OU. Though we are bound to lose several with our inexperience at QB.

Hook'em

Crimson Kid
5/10/2006, 05:20 PM
Circle the wagons!!!

I see a sneak attack coming lol.

TheGodfather889
5/10/2006, 05:25 PM
I went to that bar called the Dizzy Rooster I kept seeing on the Real World.;)

Jello Biafra
5/10/2006, 06:57 PM

;)

I heard he likes to take hotshots in the 5 hole ;)

Jello Biafra
5/10/2006, 07:00 PM
Uh huh. :rolleyes:

What do you like to do when you're in Austin? Where do you eat? Where do you stay?

if he's like any other texas fan im sure it has to do with beastiality and debauchery.........

at the Y

best little whore house in texas......

sooner13f
5/10/2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah, that's why there are 1.4 million people living in greater Austin now.
Or “ No illegal immigration control" :D

Ok maybe that wasn't funny.

goingoneight
5/10/2006, 10:25 PM

I'm glad to see everyone juding a guy whose Red/White scrimmage was like his third practice as a first-stringer. C'mon people, I don't think Bob Stoops in any position just picks a high school kid who plays football and says "he'll do..." There is a reason Knall is there before anyone else out of a b-z-illion punters in America. Now if I see that dude drop the ball on a punt or only boot it 21 yards in August, I'll be concerned.

goingoneight
5/10/2006, 10:35 PM

Austin, compared to most big cities I've been in, is ok. If you can shake off corny Whorn-to-Sooner jokes, I can see why they like it so much. As far as being "God's country," and "having the most beautiful women in the country" is concerned... Visit Los Angeles and any college town with women.

usmc-sooner
5/10/2006, 10:41 PM

damn straight there wasn't one mention of gay bars :texan:

Vaevictis
5/10/2006, 11:03 PM

I'm guessing you won't be able to.

Heh, this is a pretty poor litmus test. I attended UT for a summer, and my answer list looks like:

1. Blanton Dorm (but I had to look it up on a map to remember it)
2. My dorm room, because all of the god damned cafeterias closed at like 6:30PM and because I didn't have a car.
3. I don't know any bars on 6th Street, but I could tell you where to find the Cha Yon Ryu dojo.