PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley: SEC "We got crooks all over the South."

SoonerShark
5/9/2006, 11:58 PM
On the TNT post-game after Dallas kicked San Antonio in game 2 of their series, Charles Barkley said he offered Dirk Nowitzki any amount of money Nowitzki wanted to play for Auburn prior to Nowitzki turning pro several years ago. Another interviewer asked if that was legal. Barkley stated that he was from the SEC and “if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying” in the SEC.

SoonerShark
5/10/2006, 05:57 AM
At least Charles supports his school. The former UNC players seem supportive of their school, too. Some of the NBA players have the mindset that nobody helped get them where they are today. Chris Paul seems to love Wake Forest. This is especially nice in light of the lack of commitment that has been shown be recent Oklahoma recruits other than Bookout. Of course, in Oklahoma, it is the football players that wanted to be a Sooner since sometime shortly after birth. The new basketball commitment from Elk City seemed to want to be a Sooner since he was very young. Hopefully, Blake Griffin will want that, too.

SoonerShark
5/10/2006, 06:01 AM
As an aside, I wonder why would players want to be in a cesspool like in Stillwater or head to Austin, which has no tradition in basketball? How many Charles Barkleys from those schools are offering things off the books? Charles just spouts it out, especially when it has no true repercussions since Dirk went to Dallas out of Germany.

Grimey
5/10/2006, 09:15 AM
*anxiously awaiting what you will post next*

starrca23
5/10/2006, 12:16 PM
One point for Grimey :)

OUstud
5/10/2006, 06:57 PM
I have read Barkley's "I May Be Wrong, But I Doubt It" and he mentions that in there.

badger
5/11/2006, 09:12 PM
don't you think other alums do the same thing?