PDA

View Full Version : As Much As I Hate ou....

Bevo-Stevo
5/9/2006, 09:01 PM
....I can't imagine a football season without UT playing them in Dallas EVERY YEAR.

I can't imagine not sitting outside the Cotton Bowl, on one of the concrete walls near the ramps leading up into the stadium, talking with an old, grizzled sooner veteran of these games. Discussing past games and talking about the keys to the current one.

I can't imagine not standing near the tunnel, screaming my head off at the first of the 3 sooner buses heading up that long driveway towards the Cotton Bowl, seeing Stoops sitting right there up front of the first bus.

I can't imagine the not feeling thrill of the week leading up to the game, and the exhiliration of waking up on the Friday before the game, knowing in a few hours that it's time to head to Dallas.

As much as I hate the sooners, I am so glad that I have had the experience in my life of going to so many of these games and being a part of one of the greatest traditions in all of sport.

See y'all in October.

BASSooner
5/9/2006, 09:06 PM
erhm...it's Tuesday....

Bevo-Stevo
5/9/2006, 09:09 PM
Oops....forgot. See y'all tomorrow.

AzianSooner
5/9/2006, 09:17 PM
Freaky stool color fans are .. s.cuck.

goingoneight
5/9/2006, 09:22 PM
....I can't imagine a football season without UT playing them in Dallas EVERY YEAR.

I can't imagine not sitting outside the Cotton Bowl, on one of the concrete walls near the ramps leading up into the stadium, talking with an old, grizzled sooner veteran of these games. Discussing past games and talking about the keys to the current one.

I can't imagine not standing near the tunnel, screaming my head off at the first of the 3 sooner buses heading up that long driveway towards the Cotton Bowl, seeing Stoops sitting right there up front of the first bus.
I can't imagine the not feeling thrill of the week leading up to the game, and the exhiliration of waking up on the Friday before the game, knowing in a few hours that it's time to head to Dallas.

As much as I hate the sooners, I am so glad that I have had the experience in my life of going to so many of these games and being a part of one of the greatest traditions in all of sport.

See y'all in October.

There you have it, vote for Stoops to stay for another term!!!

tbl
5/9/2006, 09:26 PM
That's really touching...

goingoneight
5/9/2006, 09:33 PM
Stoops/Venables 2006!!!

Bevo-Stevo
5/9/2006, 09:34 PM
That's really touching...
Aahhh....thanks.

VolinArizona
5/10/2006, 01:01 AM

Wait, seasons are longer than one year?

OUDoc
5/10/2006, 08:07 AM
Good post. I'd spek you if you weren't an obnoxious horn.

frankensooner
5/10/2006, 09:36 AM
Where do you get off calling me "grizzled"?

Not a half bad post, especially considering the source!

caphorns
5/10/2006, 09:41 AM
You left out the "spitting Coppenhagen" part

OUDoc
5/10/2006, 09:43 AM
You left out the "spitting Coppenhagen" part
But we weren't talking about your mom. :D

FaninAma
5/10/2006, 11:28 AM
The only rivalry that might compare to the OU-UT game in Dallas in terms of intensity, pageantry, atmosphere and pure hatred might be the Yankee-Redsox rivalry at Fenway or Yankee Stadium....but I doubt it.

Tear Down This Wall
5/10/2006, 11:35 AM
Texas, the state, is fine. Conservative, business-friendly, God-fearing.

Texas, the university, is crappy. Liberal, Fidel Castro-friendly, atheistic, faggy, drug-infested, maggot-brained molly coddlers of filth.

I hope for OU to play Texas in the biggest venue possible so as many burnt orange pole smokers as humanly possible can see their team dismantled in person.

Dishwater drinking, dead bug carcass collecting, glazed ham hating, boll weevil breeders!

GreaterState
5/10/2006, 11:56 AM

Texas, the university, is crappy. Liberal, Fidel Castro-friendly, atheistic, faggy, drug-infested, maggot-brained molly coddlers of filth.

Shows what you know. Texas the University turns out conservative after conservative now and it's been that way for 10 years. It's not unlike Texas the state now.

It's the former graduates who settled in Austin that make the town liberal.

Tear Down This Wall
5/10/2006, 12:07 PM
Pull your head out of your backside "GreatState." Your limp-wristed president and all of his communist-friendly professors can go straight to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. Pinko-commie fag environazis.

You and your puke infested 6th Street flunkies can take a flying leap for all I care. The subject of the post is where OU will spank the ever loving crap out of the University of Texas imitation football team. The obvious answer is the largest venue on the planet we can find so as many burst orange wearing, whole food ingesting, Volvo driving weenies as humanly possible can watch the demise of their overrated gridiron imposters.

America hating, cat feces tasting, front porch toilet sitting miscreants.

MamaMia
5/10/2006, 12:16 PM
Its the horn AD. Whats his name? Dodds? Start a petition to tar and feather him. He and that Laura Miller are both a couple of idiots.

A) All of this could have all been avoided if there was a little planning ahead on the part of Dallas.

B) I firmly believe that nobody from the University of Texas would be saying one word about kicking the tradition of the annual Cotton Bowl game between us to the curb if they were still on a RRR losing streak.

TexasLidig8r
5/10/2006, 12:24 PM
Pull your head out of your backside "GreatState." Your limp-wristed president and all of his communist-friendly professors can go straight to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. Pinko-commie fag environazis.

You and your puke infested 6th Street flunkies can take a flying leap for all I care. The subject of the post is where OU will spank the ever loving crap out of the Defending National Champion and Most Recent Vanquishers of O' Friggin' U by the largest amount an O Friggin' U team has EVER lost to Texas by, University of Texas imitation football team. The obvious answer is the largest venue on the planet we can find so as many burst orange wearing, whole food ingesting, Volvo driving weenies as humanly possible can watch the demise of their overrated gridiron imposters.

America hating, cat feces tasting, front porch toilet sitting miscreants.

Had to fix that puppy up a wee bit.. otherwise... now THAT is good, quality smack... articulate, biting, factually incorrect, but who cares..

Nicely done... The East German judge gives the smack a solid 9.7.

FaninAma
5/10/2006, 07:30 PM
Whichever team is responsible for ending the RRS tradition at the Texas State fair will be stricken with a terrible curse which will make the curse of the Bambino pale in comparison....or so my psychic advisor told me.

shavedmarmoset
5/10/2006, 07:37 PM
Shows what you know. Texas the University turns out conservative after conservative now and it's been that way for 10 years. It's not unlike Texas the state now.

Oh right. And I guess bragging about how many gays are in Austin is one of the more conservative things UT has done? Can someone get a link?

Jello Biafra
5/10/2006, 08:36 PM

well now.....

sounds like the whole demm place needs a well placed tactical nuke.........

Jello Biafra
5/10/2006, 08:47 PM
Had to fix that puppy up a wee bit.. otherwise... now THAT is good, quality smack... articulate, biting, factually incorrect, but who cares..

Nicely done... The East German judge gives the smack a solid 9.7.

I didn't realize that last years win for you guys was the worst defeat we have had to you homos in the history......

so, Im guessing we own the top 5 largest margins? hell just scanning through sooner stats, in the first 30 seconds, i found a 50-0 and a 45-0 win for us not to mention the 2 unmentioned games in 2000 and 2002.

must such knowing the best team that texas has EVER fielded still can't put a stank SMU type score on a "down" team. remember, these players don't live in boxes the other 7 months of the year. they are paying attention to the **** your fan base is talking..

olevetonahill
5/10/2006, 10:04 PM
To hell with saxet . Lets build a stadium in OKC and play em during OUR state fair :cool:

Statalyzer
5/10/2006, 10:04 PM
I firmly believe that nobody from the University of Texas would be saying one word about kicking the tradition of the annual Cotton Bowl game between us to the curb if they were still on a RRR losing streak.

Even from 2000 to 2005, the majority Horn opinion was to leave the game where it is. You pulled that "firm believe" out of the air.

Bevo-Stevo
5/10/2006, 10:54 PM
hell just scanning through sooner stats, in the first 30 seconds, i found a 50-0 and a 45-0 win for us not to mention the 2 unmentioned games in 2000 and 2002.

55-39-5. That's not the Texas-SMU series by the way. It really sticks in your craw that Texas owns ou in the head-to-head rivalry. And please don't come back with that weak, "but college football started in the 50's," smack. It's pointless. Hook 'Em!!

Jello Biafra
5/10/2006, 10:59 PM
55-39-5. That's not the Texas-SMU series by the way. It really sticks in your craw that Texas owns ou in the head-to-head rivalry. And please don't come back with that weak, "but college football started in the 50's," smack. It's pointless. Hook 'Em!!

ok how bout this since you took away the obvious "since they wore football helmets" ownage... :rolleyes:

i've never met you but i can honestly say i would OWN you. I would own you like like a 14 year old purchased russian bride..... now whut?!?!?

I don't give a fat, hairy, nasty, tick infested sewer rats azz about the head to head all time series. as far as most are concerned when the university started getting serious about football again, you guys have been our prison bitches. now shut up and take this tea bag....

Jello Biafra
5/10/2006, 11:00 PM
Even from 2000 to 2005, the majority Horn opinion was to leave the game where it is. You pulled that "firm believe" out of the air.

no

we pulled it out of your azz and btw, you may want to have that thing checked out by a professional.

Jello Biafra
5/10/2006, 11:02 PM
To hell with saxet . Lets build a stadium in OKC and play em during OUR state fair :cool:

screw that. lets build a dome in OKC that holds 100k tell them the game is 6 pm on a saturday evening, weld the doors shut at 6:30 and fill the bitch up with water.......

BASSooner
5/10/2006, 11:05 PM
head to head rivalry is the only thing you whorns have against us and honestly I could care less. NC trophies, conference championship trophies and coaching legends matter more to me:D

Bevo-Stevo
5/10/2006, 11:11 PM
head to head rivalry is the only thing you whorns have against us and honestly I could care less. NC trophies, conference championship trophies and coaching legends matter more to me

And number of times on probation....don't forget about that number. Simply stated, ou has 3 teams in their history they have losing records against....USC, Notre Dame, and Texas. Please don't try to convince me that 55-39-5 doesn't bother you. You know it does. And you know what else....ou will NEVER own the series lead against UT. Deal with it.

olevetonahill
5/10/2006, 11:15 PM
screw that. lets build a dome in OKC that holds 100k tell them the game is 6 pm on a saturday evening, weld the doors shut at 6:30 and fill the bitch up with water.......
I like your thinking :) But let do it saxet instead , we dont want those :texan: s stinking up our state ;)

Jello Biafra
5/10/2006, 11:16 PM
And number of times on probation....don't forget about that number. Simply stated, ou has 3 teams in their history they have losing records against....USC, Notre Dame, and Texas. Please don't try to convince me that 55-39-5 doesn't bother you. You know it does. And you know what else....ou will NEVER own the series lead against UT. Deal with it.

you're out of your f*cking mind. keep mack bro. see if stoops doesn't stay until he at least evens it. remember, stoops has put the biggest *** whippins on you guys in the series in his 6 years. don't act like he's not capable of making mack cry.

Jello Biafra
5/10/2006, 11:20 PM
And number of times on probation....don't forget about that number.

do we really have to go there? how many times have you guys been "mysteriously" cleared? money talks bull**** walks.

bow down to us bish. if it wasn't for us spanking the ncaa and your ex rat bastard president of UT selling us out, you guys wouldn't have a chance of poisoning the nation with your filth on saturday afternoons. you guys aren't smart enough to know how to promote yourselves and don't have the balls to stand up to someone like the NCAA so..... you owe us. *** gass or grass. noone rides free hoe.

BASSooner
5/10/2006, 11:29 PM
like i said and i quote myself

"I could care less"

-BASSooner

olevetonahill
5/10/2006, 11:33 PM
Talk about the overall record all you want , It will be evened . But you say what happened long ago matters In a way yea ,I guess like my Dads dad dying in the flu epidemic of 1918 was important but it really didnt affect me . Much like the series record befor I became a fan dosent bother me either . By the way that record since 1973 stands at OU 16 Hook 'em s 14 and 3 Ts
so there :texan: :P

Bevo-Stevo
5/10/2006, 11:44 PM
By the way that record since 1973 stands at OU 16 s 14 and 3 Ts
so there

Ok....and it's 26-19-3 in favor of UT since '58. We can play these games all night if you wish. Bottom line....55-39-6. And btw....ou will NEVER catch UT in this record....the one that truly bothers you the most.

olevetonahill
5/10/2006, 11:50 PM
thats cool for you bevoshat , I aint playing a game your here talkin smack . Im just stating my opinion . and really the overall record means nothing to me as long as we win this yr and the next 30 or so :D

GreaterState
5/11/2006, 12:51 AM
Ok....and it's 26-19-3 in favor of UT since '58. We can play these games all night if you wish. Bottom line....55-39-6. And btw....ou will NEVER catch UT in this record....the one that truly bothers you the most.

Just to set the record straight, it's 56-39-5, Texas.

I just didn't want any of these confident folks to be thinking that Stoops could even it just in the next 16 years. They'll have to keep playing for that 17th straight win. :rolleyes:

Vaevictis
5/11/2006, 02:56 AM
Just to set the record straight, it's 56-39-5, Texas.

I just didn't want any of these confident folks to be thinking that Stoops could even it just in the next 16 years. They'll have to keep playing for that 17th straight win. :rolleyes:

It's okay, I'm patient. I can wait to see the dispair and shame in the eyes of whatever class it happens to be when they are crushed and realize they just lost the 17 game lead they were spotted. Delayed gratification is all the sweeter. We are long-lived in my family, and I'm pretty sure I'll live to see my late 40's ;)

OUDoc
5/11/2006, 08:40 AM
Please don't try to convince me that 55-39-5 doesn't bother you. You know it does. And you know what else....ou will NEVER own the series lead against UT. Deal with it.
No, it really doesn't. IF we had less MNC's and less conference championships, it might. As it stands, I'm more proud of the titles than a silly series lead.

Your last statement is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You're 16 games ahead of us. A couple more "5 games to 1" series and that lead is gone. True, it won't happen often, but your lead is hardly insurmountable. Deal with it, horn.

Tear Down This Wall
5/11/2006, 08:59 AM
Okay, some homo "gray-spekked" me over my rant. Message to gray-spekker: Dude, get a life and take Lids' and Herrs' approach. They know it's okay to kid each other about our schools in huge general sweeping terms. They call us dirt burglars, hillbillies, and cousin-kissers, etc. and we call them fags, commies, and hippies, etc. It's all a joke. Enjoy the rivalry a little bit, m'kay?

In short: Lighten up, Francis.
http://www.movieactors.com/photos/stripes113.jpeg

tbl
5/11/2006, 09:29 AM
Seriously whorns... Look at all the lists of the top college programs, and we ALWAYS outrank you guys (as well as most every other team in the NCAA). You may own the series, but I truly believe we will even it up in the next 20+ years. Even if we don't, there's no WAY you even up with us on NC's, conference titles, and everything that really matters when it comes to discussing great programs.

I admit the series record bothers me, but you're proving yourselves to be the stupid whorns we always claim you to be if you say that our dominance in the grand scheme of things doesn't bother you. I think the overall record bothers all Sooners (even if they don't want to admit to it). So just admit it (as a couple of whorns have)... we are historically the better program, regardless of the series matchup.

caphorns
5/11/2006, 10:02 AM
Okay, some homo "gray-spekked" me over my rant. Message to gray-spekker: Dude, get a life and take Lids' and Herrs' approach. They know it's okay to kid each other about our schools in huge general sweeping terms. They call us dirt burglars, hillbillies, and cousin-kissers, etc. and we call them fags, commies, and hippies, etc. It's all a joke. Enjoy the rivalry a little bit, m'kay?

In short: Lighten up, Francis.
http://www.movieactors.com/photos/stripes113.jpeg

greyspek = gheyspek. It means they like you and want to spek your pecker.

sooneron
5/11/2006, 10:15 AM
I would never say never, if I were you. I can see us sitting at 45-58 within the next ten years.
And bringing up probation is ****ing gay. Your team has been on it twice following national titles.

This fag needs to be baned.

OUDoc
5/11/2006, 10:24 AM
I think the overall record bothers all Sooners (even if they don't want to admit to it). So just admit it (as a couple of whorns have)... we are historically the better program, regardless of the series matchup.
It doesn't bother me at all. It's what you've done during that time that's important. Until January, ut hasn't done squat with their "series lead".

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 10:37 AM
head to head rivalry is the only thing you whorns have against us...
Not true. We also have about 50 more wins all-time than OU and a better all-time winning %. Of course, I'd rather have the national titles, but hey. ;)

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/misc/div_ia_wins.php

sooneron
5/11/2006, 10:40 AM
Not true. We also have about 50 more wins all-time than OU and a better all-time winning %. Of course, I'd rather have the national titles, but hey. ;)

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/misc/div_ia_wins.php
Don't forget, you have more Heismans too.

oops, nevermind!:texan:

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 10:45 AM
No, we don't have more Heismans, All Americans, national titles, etc. We do, however have more wins and a better winning % (albeit slight). Just pointing out that the head-to-head matchup isn't the only area where UT is on top.

sooneron
5/11/2006, 10:55 AM
No, we don't have more Heismans, All Americans, national titles, etc. We do, however have more wins and a better winning % (albeit slight). Just pointing out that the head-to-head matchup isn't the only area where UT is on top.
I can give you %, as that actually means something, but just because UTerus was playing more games a few years before OU, doesn't cut much with me. Not exactly a bragging point.

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 11:00 AM
I can give you %, as that actually means something, but just because UTerus was playing more games a few years before OU, doesn't cut much with me. Not exactly a bragging point.
Yeah, we played more games but UT began playing football in 1893, OU in 1895. Not a huge discrepancy there.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia_team_index.php

sooneron
5/11/2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah, we played more games but UT began playing football in 1893, OU in 1895. Not a huge discrepancy there.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia_team_index.php
Yes but, OUr first few years, we played fewer than 5 games...
By 1900, we had played a whopping total of 10 games, ut had played 46!

That is a VERY slim margin, btw in %!

You have lost more games, btw. :D

sooneron
5/11/2006, 12:04 PM
[crickets chirping]

heh!

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 12:31 PM
Not our fault you people couldn't get your act together back then. ;)

And like you pointed out, we have the winning %. AND the head to head.

sooneron
5/11/2006, 02:29 PM

And like you pointed out, we have the winning %. AND the head to head.
I do love the shade of crimson that the texas page uses on your link!:D

King Crimson
5/11/2006, 02:32 PM
the missing piece here is that UT was playing in the SWC.

sooneron
5/11/2006, 02:38 PM
heh

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 02:39 PM
The Big 8 was you guys and Nebraska. Give me a break.

I will also add TCU. You can make my point for me.

sooneron
5/11/2006, 02:40 PM

I would also bet that there was probably an issue finding teams to play in the Oklahoma territory as trasnportation was not such an easy thing to solve.

sooneron
5/11/2006, 02:42 PM
Mizzou > tcu

just no nat'l championship

Who was the other "power" team in the swc? atm with a 60%?
Or arkie with a sub 60%?

Our third best team had a better % than those two.

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 02:50 PM
SMU, TCU, Arkansas and aggy were all good at one point or another. Arkansas and Texas were #s 1 and 2 in the 60s. The argument that the Big 8 was hugely better than the SWC from top to bottom just doesn't hold water in my book. I hear this argument from Sooners all the time too. The Big 8 was the big 2 and the 6 dwarves.

sooneron
5/11/2006, 02:55 PM
You only had one other team historically over .600!. Barely. You can use the top to bottom verbage all you like, but your conference was 1 plus some other decent teams with arkansas being really good for about 15 years.

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 03:06 PM
The Big 8 consisted of two teams. It was top heavy. Colorado isn't a traditional power. Mizzou wasn't that great. I'll put up the old SWC vs. the Big 8 top to bottom anytime.

GreaterState
5/11/2006, 03:07 PM
You only had one other team historically over .600!. Barely. You can use the top to bottom verbage all you like, but your conference was 1 plus some other decent teams with arkansas being really good for about 15 years.

Um, doesn't every current conference have only two or three teams historically over .600? The SEC is an exception here.

Say what you want about SWC vs. Big 8 but it helped the record for you to pummel aggy and Iowa State and Kansas for the better part of a century. We're not really covering new ground here.

sooneron
5/11/2006, 03:13 PM
Big 8
OU-.710
NU- .706
CU- .614
MU- .533
KU - .502
osu- .489
ISU- .463
KSU- .433

avg. - .55625

SWC
UT - .712
ATM- .602
UA - .590
TT - .554
BU - .506
UH - .516
SMU - .491
Rice - .441

avg. -.5515

sooneron
5/11/2006, 03:17 PM
Um, doesn't every current conference have only two or three teams historically over .600? The SEC is an exception here.

Say what you want about SWC vs. Big 8 but it helped the record for us to pummel smu and baylor and rice for the better part of a century. We're not really covering new ground here.
fixed it for you.

GreaterState
5/11/2006, 03:19 PM
Big 8
OU-.710
NU- .706
CU- .614
MU- .533
KU - .502
osu- .489
ISU- .463
KSU- .433

avg. - .55625

SWC
UT - .712
ATM- .602
UA - .590
TT - .554
BU - .506
UH - .516
SMU - .491
Rice - .441

avg. -.5515

I think you're boosting the point here that one could pit these conferences evenly.

Plus: Our aggy can beat up your aggy. ;)

sooneron
5/11/2006, 03:23 PM
I think you're boosting the point here that one could pit these conferences evenly.

Plus: Our aggy can beat up your aggy. ;)
Yeah, but we are OUR aggy's season.

I never said they weren't even. Herr said the swc was better top to bottom, (yes, your worst team is historically better than our historic doormat )when in all actuality, conferences are always made up of a few (2-3) traditional powers that rule the roost. Occaisionally, a stepbrother steps up for a year or two, but it's usually the status quo, business as usual sort of thing.

King Crimson
5/11/2006, 03:26 PM
The Big 8 consisted of two teams. It was top heavy. Colorado isn't a traditional power. Mizzou wasn't that great. I'll put up the old SWC vs. the Big 8 top to bottom anytime.

according to the top 50 programs Street and Smiths thread....CU is ranked ahead of Arkansas, #28 to #32.

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 03:28 PM
Herr said the swc was better top to bottom.
My point was that the SWC was historically not a doormat, which is the argument that Sooners use to discount our past success. It sucked at the end, I will grant you that.

King Crimson
5/11/2006, 03:32 PM
this is a serious question which horns can answer honestly or not:

how many TRUE road conference games did UT play in the SWC. at Houston, At Rice, at TCU, at SMU, at Baylor....had to have been stadiums 1/3rd full of horn fans.

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 03:35 PM
how many TRUE road conference games did UT play in the SWC.
Fayettenam should count 3 times each visit. ;)

freshchris05
5/11/2006, 03:42 PM

no you can't do that, everyone is texas can swim. how do you think their population got so high....

TexasLidig8r
5/11/2006, 03:58 PM
this is a serious question which sooners can answer honestly or not:

how many TRUE road conference games did OU play in the Big 2 Little 8... at Manhattan, At Lawrence, at Stoolwater, at Ames, at Boulder (for most of its existence)....had to have been stadiums 1/3rd full of sooner fans.

It's all a matter of perspective.

King Crimson
5/11/2006, 04:02 PM
It's all a matter of perspective.

and distances in miles, and leaving the state where your overwhelming alumni/fan base resides, and i guess you missed that part about CU being ranked ABOVE Arkansas in the all-time program list.

and by big 2, don't forget you mean top top 5 programs. you don't even have a big 2.

and by objective comparison......UT is the 3rd best team in the Big 8....:D

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 04:15 PM
and by objective comparison......UT is the 3rd best team in the Big 8....:D
We've owned Nebraska since the formation of the Big XII (5-1 head to head). What makes you think we wouldn't have before?

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 04:15 PM
and distances in miles , and leaving the state...
You don't have to leave Texas to travel a lot of miles.

King Crimson
5/11/2006, 04:25 PM
You don't have to leave Texas to travel a lot of miles.

Waco, College Station, Houston, Houston (Rice), and Dallas (SMU, TCU) aint that fer from Austin. that's 6 conference teams. ain't like yer driving to Dalhart.

King Crimson
5/11/2006, 04:27 PM
We've owned Nebraska since the formation of the Big XII (5-1 head to head). What makes you think we wouldn't have before?

because Tom Osborne was the coach at Nebraska not Frankie or Callahan....and they significantly better in the Big 8.

citing Mackvic's conference game W is not going to be enough to make an argument here.

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 04:31 PM
citing Mackvic's conference game W is not going to be enough to make an argument here.
Fine, but we've beaten them 5 times in conference. We've won the last 2 visits to Lincoln, ending streaks both times.

King Crimson
5/11/2006, 04:38 PM
UT has struggled with K-State in the Big XII (and they whipped you in Austin)....by your logic that means you would have struggled with them in the Big 8.

pick whichever of the nonsensical statements you want. yours or mine.

CrimsonChampion
5/11/2006, 04:39 PM

See y'all in October.

This guy just sounds like a good ole football fan, longhorn or not, I agree with you, I hate the 'horns with a passion, and the majority of you guys are goobs but without this game, we'd be losing not one of the greatest football traditions, but THE greatest football tradition of all time.

I remember Roy Williams (of OU) taking Eddie George to the RRR and Eddie saying Ohio St-Mich had nothing on this rivalry, just makes me proud.

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 04:51 PM
UT has struggled with K-State in the Big XII
I get your point, but I wouldn't call 2-2 struggling.

stoopified
5/11/2006, 05:16 PM

I hope for OU to play Texas in the biggest venue possible so as many burnt orange pole smokers as humanly possible can see their team dismantled in person.

Dishwater drinking, dead bug carcass collecting, glazed ham hating, boll weevil breeders!
Yo brother go tell it on the mountain.

Jello Biafra
5/11/2006, 05:40 PM
no you can't do that, everyone is texas can swim. how do you think their population got so high....

ummm if you put a lid on it.......nm :)

Jello Biafra
5/11/2006, 05:57 PM
I get your point, but I wouldn't call 2-2 struggling.

i would.

especially if you're willing to say a 16 point game lead over us in 100 years of football is sheer and total dominance.......

look you lil fuggtards, i understand it is hard for you guys to own up to the fact that there is very little you can do in the way of proving you are a dominant force in football to us. point being, outside of your band of retards, we have owned the state of texas since the inception of the football helmet.

a&m is the closest at 10-4 the rest, not even a sniff of .500......how can you claim that the SWC was better than the old big 8? i tell you what, look at the nc count since your last NC that would be 1970.........

7 national champs.....2 after the big XII....3 now with you fegs for a total of 10 since 1970

i counted 3 total outside of your three prior to 1970...... post 1970???? Z E R O.........

see the point?

CrimsonChampion
5/11/2006, 10:42 PM
How can anyone even think about comparing the Big 8 to the SWC?

'horns never fail to amaze me with their ignorance. The one that started this post seemed like a good guy, other than that, all the other one's just need to get off this board.