PDA

View Full Version : I voted today

royalfan5
5/9/2006, 06:47 PM
Nothing like taking part in the democratic process. Being a Registered democrat, I didn't have much to vote on except constitutional amendemets, who gets to lose in the governor's race in the fall, and state senate(which is non-partisan in Nebraska) I did make sure I voted against the Democrats Lyndon Laruche protege running for secertary of state. The important question is will Tom Osborne win the Republican primary. He was slightly behind in the polls going into today.

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2006, 06:55 PM
A Lyndon Larouche protege running for statewide office in Nebraska...now that's funny.

royalfan5
5/9/2006, 06:59 PM
A Lyndon Larouche protege running for statewide office in Nebraska...now that's funny.
However the Laruche protege's granddaughters are hawt. Plus the Nebraska democratic party doesn't put up much of a fight usually. The last 3rd district house candidate was a hairdresser, and the last senate candidate was an unemployed construction worker. This year one of the two Gubenatorial candidates was dq'ed because of a qualuude distributing conviction

Okla-homey
5/9/2006, 07:39 PM
You people even have that kooky unicameral legislature dealio too doncha?
You poor bastages don't get the pleasure of voting for state reps AND state senators.

royalfan5
5/9/2006, 07:41 PM
You people even have that kooky unicameral legislature dealio too doncha?
You poor bastages don't get the pleasure of voting for state reps AND state senators.
The Unicameral is great. I wouldn't want two houses, we can't find 49 qualified people as it is, why would we want to elect more idiots to positions of power?

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2006, 07:46 PM
The Unicameral is great. I wouldn't want two houses, we can't find 49 qualified people as it is, why would we want to elect more idiots to positions of power?

Well one benefit of having two houses is that it creates an additional layer that legislation must pass through. I'm not familiar with Nebraska politics, but I like the idea of making it as difficult as possible for government to successfully create law. It seems to me that eliminating one house would streamline the process.

royalfan5
5/9/2006, 07:51 PM
Well one benefit of having two houses is that it creates an additional layer that legislation must pass through. I'm not familiar with Nebraska politics, but I like the idea of making it as difficult as possible for government to successfully create law. It seems to me that eliminating one house would streamline the process.
Well, we have Ernie Chamber's right now who is a de facto second house. The man is a parli pro genius, and filibusterer par excellences. Also when you only give them either 60 or 90 days to get stuff done, not a whole hell of a lot can get passed. We can't even get rid of the electric chair for ****'s sake, and we just now passed concealed carry. Nebraska isn't out there passing lots of stupid laws, granted it helps that Nebraskan's are very resitant to change of any kind, so our legislature doesn't do anything unless they absolutley have to.

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2006, 08:01 PM
Well, we have Ernie Chamber's right now who is a de facto second house. The man is a parli pro genius, and filibusterer par excellences. Also when you only give them either 60 or 90 days to get stuff done, not a whole hell of a lot can get passed. We can't even get rid of the electric chair for ****'s sake, and we just now passed concealed carry. Nebraska isn't out there passing lots of stupid laws, granted it helps that Nebraskan's are very resitant to change of any kind, so our legislature doesn't do anything unless they absolutley have to.

That's how it ought to be done!

Okla-homey
5/9/2006, 08:04 PM
State legislatures. The place where politicians with dirty little secrets preventing them from running for national office hold sway.;)

royalfan5
5/9/2006, 09:21 PM
So far the voters of Nebraska are telling Osborne, thanks but no thanks.
Our state treasurer who gave a job to a convicted embezeller while he was in prison, then was surprised when the embezzeller embezelled, and he hired a convicted murderer later too is getting hammered by military hero Shane Osborn(he was the pilot of that plan that the Chicoms caputured a few years back) The Larauche candidate is getting hammered as well.