PDA

View Full Version : I am FREAKING out!!!!

Mrs. Norm
5/9/2006, 05:51 PM
Teaching is a hard job, especially the last 13 days of school. What happened to me today hopefully will never, ever happen again. I was letting my homeroom class into the room from another class. They come in through my door that leads to outside. My assistant and I heard loud screaming and saw kids scrambling everywhere. So my assistant is mumbling and walking toward my door. She was saying something like, "God, these kids are driving me crazy. What are they doing now?" She opens the door and she starts screaming and runs right past me. I yell her name out and she runs by me. I look toward my door thinking my kids are coming in and instead......a huge, freakin' FIELD RAT comes running into my classroom. One of my students tried to get the door shut and chopped the things tail off. So not only do I have a field rat, but a BLOODY FIELD RAT. It came straight towards me. As a teacher, I should always put my students first, right? HELL NO!! I took off running, screaming into the room next door and slammed it shut. Thank God another teacher got to my room, got my kids out, and shut my door. The principal and our maintenance supervisor found it in one of my crates by my desk and ran it out of the room. I am so having nightmares tonight!!

slickdawg
5/9/2006, 05:53 PM
Mrs. Norm, that's a classic story! :D

Mjcpr
5/9/2006, 05:54 PM
Have a good night's sleep tonight Norm!!

:D

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/9/2006, 05:55 PM
You should kick Norm's a$$ for making that rat run into your classroom.

OUinFLA
5/9/2006, 05:59 PM
When I read the topic title, I thought you had finally realized who you married?
:D

Mrs. Norm
5/9/2006, 06:01 PM
I tell Norm and of course he says: "That rat wasn't running after you. He was running away from the kids. Rats aren't aggressive." Of course he is chuckling, thinking I'm being silly. ??? The freakin' rat was coming at me!! That's all that matters, right? Who cares if it was trying to run away....it ran at me! Norm has no idea what a bad night's sleep we're going to get.

A day without a bloody rat is like a day without cockytalk.

yermom
it was probably more scared of you than you were of it ;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
He wouldn't think it was too funny if he snuggled up to you tonight and got RABIES!!!!

Mrs. Norm
5/9/2006, 06:02 PM
He wouldn't think it was too funny if he snuggled up to you tonight and got RABIES!!!!
Amen! I told him that thing would've bitten me if it had the chance. He told me it wouldn't have. :rolleyes:

BeetDigger
5/9/2006, 06:04 PM
Don't eat lunch tomorrow. You can't be sure that the cook didn't somehow get a hold of it and work it into the menu.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/9/2006, 06:05 PM
Amen! I told him that thing would've bitten me if it had the chance. He told me it wouldn't have. :rolleyes:

It would have eaten your leg off!

And he knows it. :mack:

BeetDigger
5/9/2006, 06:05 PM
A day without a bloody rat is like a day without phonesex.

Speak for yourself. :D

BoogercountySooner
5/9/2006, 06:27 PM
Panda would have paid you top dollar for it:D

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2006, 06:31 PM
I'd have run too. Those things carry the plague.

The damned things wiped out half of Europe....................maybe they're not so bad after all.

Viking Kitten
5/9/2006, 07:15 PM
Just wait til tomorrow when his brother shows up.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7919/rat4gl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

proud gonzo
5/9/2006, 07:25 PM
um.... this wasn't an abnormally LARGE rat, was it?

if not, what's the problem? you're WAY bigger than it.

ultimatesooner1
5/9/2006, 07:25 PM
southside OKC?

gf's mom has these things come in her backyard everyonce in a while. When I first met gf and went over there and heard about them, I was like allright I'm a effiin redneck and came over the next time with a pellet gun and sat in the back yard and shot me about 5 of them little critters

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2006, 07:37 PM
southside OKC?

gf's mom has these things come in her backyard everyonce in a while. When I first met gf and went over there and heard about them, I was like allright I'm a effiin hillbilly and came over the next time with a pellet gun and sat in the back yard and shot me about 5 of them little critters

Fixed.

Czar Soonerov
5/9/2006, 07:45 PM
I am FREAKING out!!!!
http://www.reelfilm.com/images/supertrp.jpg

IB4OU2
5/9/2006, 07:48 PM
I hope he's not spreading the bubonic plague around that school! Get a flea collar on him quick!

olevetonahill
5/9/2006, 09:49 PM
Some one needs to open a Chinese restaurant ;)

SicEmBaylor
5/9/2006, 09:58 PM
Some one needs to open a Chinese restaurant ;)

What do you think the poor rat was running from?

olevetonahill
5/9/2006, 10:02 PM
What do you think the poor rat was running from?
sometimes I just post without thinking :O ;)

Mrs. Norm
5/9/2006, 10:02 PM
Just wait til tomorrow when his brother shows up.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7919/rat4gl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Thanks, VK. I was gone awhile tonight and was doing okay. Then I saw THIS picture. I'm getting the heebie-jeebies again. :O

olevetonahill
5/9/2006, 10:10 PM
Thanks, VK. I was gone awhile tonight and was doing okay. Then I saw THIS picture. I'm getting the heebie-jeebies again. :O
Just tell norm to fire up the grill :)

Mrs. Norm
5/9/2006, 10:11 PM
Just tell norm to fire up the grill :)
Sure, then I would just have a fire in my yard!! How would this help again?

blueyedsooner
5/9/2006, 10:13 PM
We grow 'em smaller at our school.......We have two little lovelies with the worst case of LICE I've evar seen! They had them in the office today waiting for mom once again and the youngest was reading a book and one jumped off her head and landed on her book!!!!!! She just laughed and brought it to the secretary to tape. UGGGGGGGGHHHH.....now Im itchy again!!!!!

Sleep Tight! ;)

GottaHavePride
5/9/2006, 10:19 PM

Zang! Norm = pwned.

olevetonahill
5/9/2006, 10:22 PM
At least the rat wont be a problem ;)

proud gonzo
5/9/2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks, VK. I was gone awhile tonight and was doing okay. Then I saw THIS picture. I'm getting the heebie-jeebies again. :O awww, but he's kinda cute! how could he give you the heebie jeebies??

i mean look at this FACE. How ADORABLE. :D

http://www.furryfiction.com/images/f_v/rat.jpg

Mrs. Norm
5/9/2006, 10:25 PM
What have I ever done to you PG? Why are you trying to put me into therapy? BTW, the creature you posted is cute. However, I faced a huge FIELD RAT that was ****ed because kids were chasing it. It was running at me! So it wasn't the adorable little mousey you see in the picture.

GottaHavePride
5/9/2006, 10:28 PM
Was he a rat from NIMH?

MamaMia
5/9/2006, 10:31 PM
Thats awful, but really funny, especially because it wasnt even planned. :D

My mother in law is a retired teacher and the kids would sometimes pull a prank on her at the end of the school year. I loved hearing her stories.

GottaHavePride
5/9/2006, 10:35 PM
i remember hearing about when the Engineering school dyed about 700 lab rats green and released them all into the law school. I think that was a few years before I got to OU.

proud gonzo
5/9/2006, 10:47 PM
did it look like THIS? :D
http://www.htd.fr/images/Presse/PR%20AVRIL%202005/PR%20JPG%20NEWS/Rat%20Fink%20Rat.jpg

Norm In Norman
5/10/2006, 07:28 AM
i told her she should have just kicked the thing when it got close to her and the problem would have been solved. I mean, evidently it was a little less than the size of a football. I think Mrs. Norm was just scared that would have just ****ed it off more.

Oh, and she yelled SH!T in front of the kids she was not protecting, right before she fled. They are going to be remembering this one for a long time.

BigRedJed
5/10/2006, 08:25 AM
I'll be the looked just like the people eating corn on the cob at the Arts Festival.

sooneron
5/10/2006, 08:28 AM
One night when I was working as a Production Assistant in NYC, I was sent to this artist dude's loft to drop off a check for his petty cash expenditures. It was a building near the Hudon River off the WSH. It was dark and I had spotted some good sized NYC rats hanging out on the corner. (Let it be known that I really ****ing hate rats)
I'm there waiting for the guy to answer the buzzer when this couple comes walking up to the corner in my direction. They decide to make the rats scamper out of their way by stamping their feet. They also thought this was fun- being too drunk to notice I was now standing in the path of the approx. 20 rat stampede! I froze with fear. I guess I saw Willard at too young of an age or something. I decided to stamp back. Most of the rats scampered away in confusion- the guy buzzed me in and I felt safe. Until, I had to leave again. Luckily, there were just a few rats when I went back out.
I really can't stand them. I used to get the willies when we'd feed the boa at the frat house in college and I was thrilled when the snake would get the little bastard!

I have always felt that people should be allowed to carry pellet guns in NYC so they can shoot the rats whilst waiting for the subway.

5/10/2006, 08:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACzWdSfZXmw&search=rats