PDA

View Full Version : Lots of famous people at the Memphis airport

achiro
5/9/2006, 05:42 PM
So as you may or may not recall, Gisele Bundchen gave me a hug last summer at the Memphis airport.
Well last week I ran into this guy in Starbucks.
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/ALLPOLITICS/11/08/elec02.democrats/story.v.harold.ford.jpg
He was dressed kind of wierd with real pointy toed cowboy boots and dark baggy jeans, some kind of shoulder padded jacket thing, I about asked him where "Sonny Crockett" was but didn't think he'd get it, and if he did might get ****ed and sick the IRS on me or something.

Oh and I keep seeing Elvis there too.

Hugging Gisele was my favorite part though.:D

achiro
5/9/2006, 05:43 PM
Oh and dude was carrying his own bags. Made me decide not to run for congress, I can carry my own bags now.

slickdawg
5/9/2006, 05:46 PM
I ran into Sherman Hensley (aka George Jefferson) at the Atlanta airport
years ago.

GDC
5/9/2006, 08:13 PM
Walter Payton at O'Hare, Vin Diesel at Heathrow in London

IB4OU2
5/9/2006, 08:15 PM
Kenny Loggins in the Denver Airport

critical_phil
5/9/2006, 10:40 PM
i stood next to lawrence taylor at the baggage claim in newark for at least 20 minutes before i realized it was him.

i just thought it was another large black man (after all, i was in newark) ...... then i saw the lightning bolt earring.

achiro
5/9/2006, 10:57 PM
Since this has turned into a who I've seen thread instead of a Miami Vice thread...Saw this guy at the Dallas IKEA this weekend. He was wearing leather but not a loin cloth.(jeans people, he was wearing jeans)
http://www.nativecelebs.com/celebs/images/august1.jpg

achiro
5/9/2006, 10:58 PM
Oh and what kind of Native American name is Schellenberg?

GottaHavePride
5/9/2006, 11:06 PM
Oh and what kind of Native American name is Schellenberg?
And is he related to ***************?

Shamrock
5/9/2006, 11:45 PM
I saw James Caan at LAX about 20 years ago. Same day I saw that dude who played "Jaws" in the Bond movies. He was tall. Caan is freaking short.

bigdsooner
5/9/2006, 11:50 PM
i met mary ann from gilligans island at the abilene airport back in the 90's. she was wearing a big straw yard hat of somekind with sunglasses on. she was really nice but didnt talk very much

SicEmBaylor
5/10/2006, 12:16 AM
Harold Ford isn't too bad a Democrat. He showed up to the southern GOP pow-wow in Tennessee a couple of months ago.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/10/2006, 12:19 AM
OU Monster had his picture taken with Jenna Jameson. Not sure if it was at an airport though.

soonerbrat
5/10/2006, 12:21 AM
I saw Charro at the St. Louis airport once.

BigRedJed
5/10/2006, 12:21 AM
Aaron Neville at New Orleans airport. Literally bumped into him. Hard. He's lucky I didn't give him a good shove like I did Kevin Bookout a few weeks ago at the Hornets game.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/10/2006, 12:22 AM
No love for Jenna Jameson? The SO is slipping.

Jimminy Crimson
5/10/2006, 12:24 AM
No love for Jenna Jameson? The SO is aquiring better taste in pr0n stars.

:texan:

IronSooner
5/10/2006, 07:28 AM
OU Monster had his picture taken with Jenna Jameson. Not sure if it was at an airport though.

Nope, Diamondbacks game. I'm still impressed with whoever it was that recognized her first, she's a whole different person without the 6 pounds of makeup.

okienole3
5/10/2006, 08:16 AM
Saw Kid Rock and Moore's own Jesse Jane at Wormy Dog in Bricktown a while back.

Mjcpr
5/10/2006, 08:42 AM
I saw Edward James Olmos (right?) on a plane in Salt Lake City I think. Saw Tark too.

C&CDean
5/10/2006, 10:16 AM
People I've either sat by in a plane, or saw in airports:

J.C. Watts
Patrick Ewing
Sugar Ray Leonard
Bobby Knight (just a couple weeks ago)
B.J. Thomas
Bob Stoops
Kelvin Sampson
Jack Spates
Jerry Schmidt
Barry Switzer
Billy Sims
Bart Starr
Alice Cooper
Linda Carter
Frank Keating
Mrs. Keating
Bob Lilly
David Lee Roth

And several more I can't think of off the top of my head. That's what happens when you average 30+ weeks a year on the road for over 20 years. Probably the two that stand out the most are J.C. Watts (he had a middle seat in coach and colored with a very young child the whole way from DC to Dallas), and Bart Starr - who is my all-time football hero as a kid. It was in Phoenix Sky Harbor, and he was on his way to the Super Bowl in 96. I asked him how the Packers were gonna do against New England, he said "we're gonna kick their ****in' asses!!" It shocked me cause I always thought Bart was all prim and proper. He looked like he could have taken the field that day and beat NE single handed.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/10/2006, 10:20 AM
You saw Wonder Woman?

Sweet!

okienole3
5/10/2006, 10:30 AM
When I was still going to school in Tallahassee, I saw the entire Noles coaching staff at the terminal for my flight from Atlanta to Tally. I figured that Coach Bowden would be sitting in First Class, but as they called out the seating rows he stayed behind. The fool ended up sitting right in front of me and had his chair back the entire flight. He was basically right in my lap.

toast
5/10/2006, 10:46 AM
You saw Wonder Woman?

Sweet!

Why would Wonder Woman be at an airport? Could she not find her invisible jet?

walkoffsooner
5/10/2006, 10:52 AM
Joe Montana at Will Rodgers he was heading to Orlando Fl.

Partial Qualifier
5/10/2006, 11:15 AM
Dean didn't you mention once that you met Paul & Linda McCartney at the Grand Canyon? That'd be cool.

The only person I've met at an airport was Lee Majors aka the Six Million Dollar Man. I was like 7 years old and he snubbed me for an autograph. I didn't really care that much but my mom gave me a pen and one of her business cards & urged me over there. He was standing there shooting the **** with a few other guys and he gave me a mean look and said he was too busy :mad: That was at Dallas' Love field.

BigRedJed
5/10/2006, 11:16 AM
We have the capability to build the world's first bionic ASSHAT!

49r
5/10/2006, 12:27 PM
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Steven Tyler yet in this thread?

(Is it because he's afraid of flying?)

C&CDean
5/10/2006, 12:37 PM
Dean didn't you mention once that you met Paul & Linda McCartney at the Grand Canyon? That'd be cool.

Actually it was in Reddington Canyon down by Tucson. He owns a bunch of property there.

And Wonder Woman has some serious lungs.