PDA

View Full Version : CFN's Best and Worst Uni's

Collier11
5/9/2006, 03:27 PM
Q: Dog days of the off-season time ... the five best and worst uniforms are ... ?

A: 5 Best Uniforms

1. Oklahoma home uniforms – The Nike swoosh can go away, but the rest of the look is so sharp.

2. New Mexico State - They go against everything I believe in when it comes to uniforms with stripey things on the shirts and pants, but I did the color and the overall look.

3. Tulsa home uniforms – There are a few too many things happening, but the colors are cool from the Notre Dame-like helmets to the blue unis.

4. Minnesota home uniforms – The Minnesot aversion of the maroon and gold just barely edges out the USC version.

5. UCLA home uniforms – It might be impossible to be tough in the light blue, but it does look good.

5 Worst Uniforms

1. Marshall home green on green - Call them the Thundering Peapods when they wear the green tops and green pants. On the flip side, the green jerseys with the white pants looks cool.

2. Oregon – Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's too obvious. The human highlighters really do look goofy, while the metallic pea green things aren't much better.

3. Wyoming home browns – At least the color is relatively unique. At some point in human history someone actually gave the O.K. to these thinking they looked good.

4. Tennessee – I have to tread carefully here considering my wife became a Tennessee fan just because she liked the orange. The light orange is rough on the eyes, while the white jersey/white pant combo makes the Vols look like they're wearing long johns.
5. Central Michigan home uniforms – The color isn't awful, but they monochromatic shirt and pant look makes them the Fighting Craisins.

Have a TQ? E-mail us with your ideas.

2006 Questions
- In hindsight, did Matt Leinart make the right decision?
- Do you take Leinart, Young or Cutler?
- You can take any coaching job, which would you take?
- Top five early Heisman candidates
- Could a football team pull off a George Mason?
- What team would you most like to have played for?
- Give 3 non-conference games that must happen
- Should there be a standard code of conduct?
- What to look for out of spring ball
- What should change about college officiating?
- What would you change about the recruiting process?
- What to look for on recruiting signing day
- What from the pro game would help college
- The ridiculously early top three
- Was the Rose Bowl the best game ever?

Past Questions
- Tuesday Questions of 2005
- Tuesday Questions of 2004
- Tuesday Questions of 2003
- Tuesday Questions of 2002
- Tuesday Questions of 2001

Richard Cirminiello
Q: Dog days of the off-season time ... the five best and worst uniforms are ... ?

1. Miami – The orange jerseys are pretty cool, but it’s Miami’s green jersey, white pants ensemble, which makes me pine for a position at the Style Network.

2. Florida State – On helmet alone, the ‘Noles make it on to my Top 5 list.

3. Penn State – I love retro uniforms, and with Penn State’s classic attire, it’s turn back the clock every Saturday in the fall.

4. Texas – Simple, clean and traditional. I usually don’t like orange uniforms, but burnt orange has really grown on me over the years.

5. Kansas State – The ‘Cats have a sleek logo and underrated uniforms that are contemporary without doing the Rollerball thing that so many schools have adopted in recent years.

5 Worst Uniforms

1. Oregon – All green. All yellow. Green jersey with yellow pants. I’ve yet to see a combination of the Ducks’ duds that are easy on the eyes.

2. Hawaii – Unless the topic is olives, black and green do not belong together.

3. Clemson – The only thing worse than a monochromatic uniform is a monochromatic orange uniform.

4. Texas Tech – The Red Raiders’ road uni’s are above average, but at home, they look like a tablecloth in a really bad Italian restaurant.
5. Northwestern – Prince would love the Wildcat uniforms. ‘Nuff said.

John Harris

1. Notre Dame’s Green unis – I know they lost while wearing them (meaning that we’ll never see them again), but the uni they wore against USC last season is the prettiest uniform anywhere.

2. UCLA’s Home Blue – This is just a beautiful jersey, combined with the gold pants – Sharp.

3. Ohio State pre-2006 scarlet unis – Why change? Why, I ask you?

4. Texas road ‘Icy Whites’ – Pure. Clean. Simple. And, the white hats (helmets, sorry) with the Texas Orange Bevo? Wonderful.

5. TCU’s Purple and Black combination – I don’t know why, but this works for me.

5 Worst Uniforms

1. Oregon’s 18,000 uniforms – Pick one, any one and it’s number one on the worst list.

2. San Diego State – the 1990s version, the Marshall Faulk jersey, was one of the best ever, but there’s just too much going on with these new ones.

3. New Mexico State – the half pinstripes on the pants, the piping on the jersey? Yuck.

4. Arizona – U of A jersey circa Desert Storm Era, YEA! Nike, bib laden futuristic jersey, BOO!

5. Syracuse – Recreating a pseudo-throwback, I like, but not what they came up with last year.

Matthew Zemek

A: The best:

Penn State. Classic. Pure. Not about the individual.

Ohio State. Gotta love the Buckeye stickers on the helmet, which--much like Penn State's--is basically plain. (PSU's helmets are a little plainer.)

Michigan. Not Big 10 bias, just a reflection of a classic college football look that has been widely acknowledged for years.

Alabama. The number on the helmet: another testament to team trumping the individual.

Notre Dame. If you include Penn State, you have to include the Irish for the very same reasons.

The worst:

Oregon. The anti-classic.

West Virginia. Possibly the only thing wrong with the 2006 team is what it'll wear on gamedays.

BYU. Go back to the mellow blue of the 1980s with the small blue oval on the helmet and the white "Y" in the middle.

Miami. If you're sensing a trend here, it's against odd-shaped numbers not presented in a classic format (with defined edges and corners).

Oklahoma State. See Miami reference above.

Taxman71
5/9/2006, 04:04 PM
Only a Will & Grace fan claims to love the whorn uni's given that you can see a man's entire crack and 3-piece set from 60 yards away in those things.

Big Red Ron
5/9/2006, 04:08 PM
Only a Will & Grace fan claims to love the whorn uni's given that you can see a man's entire crack and 3-piece set from 60 yards away in those things.heh, sicko! ;)

Hook 'em

TexasLidig8r
5/9/2006, 04:30 PM
I can't believe you f'in' hillbillies stole your uniform design from...

http://foxsports.razorgator.com/images/football/college-football/indiana-hoosiers.jpg

:D

Big Red Ron
5/9/2006, 04:38 PM
I can't believe you f'in' hillbillies stole your uniform design from...

http://foxsports.razorgator.com/images/football/college-football/indiana-hoosiers.jpg

:DI think someone in our AD called them to the mat on their redisign. At first, like two years ago, they had "Hoosiers" exactly like our "Sooners" on the fron above the numbers and they had white face masks too.

Big Red Ron
5/9/2006, 04:41 PM
Thieves

http://alumni.indiana.edu/programs/bigred/images/player.jpg

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/9/2006, 04:46 PM
Alabama. The number on the helmet: another testament to team trumping the individual.

This is exactly wrong.

Taxman71
5/9/2006, 04:50 PM
I think someone in our AD called them to the mat on their redisign. At first, like two years ago, they had "Hoosiers" exactly like our "Sooners" on the fron above the numbers and they had white face masks too.

Given that they appear to be sponsored by Adidas instead of Nike makes it even more strange. Wonder if Kelvin gets to keep his Nike deal when he goes to Bloomington?

TheGodfather889
5/9/2006, 04:52 PM
Richard Cirminiello is an idiot. You all can figure out why when you read his 5 best uniforms.

Taxman71
5/9/2006, 04:56 PM
I always rooted for Iowa (not knowing Stoops was on the team) because they looked just like the Steelers. Now, not so much (Iowa that is).

Quack 10
5/9/2006, 05:20 PM
I have no problem with their near-unanimous choice of Oregon as the worst - it's the buttons of stodgy clods like these guys that Oregon specifically pushes - but this column left me wondering if any of those CFN geeks has ever had an original thought. Clearly, the answer is no.

yermom
5/9/2006, 05:58 PM
This is exactly wrong.

i was trying to figure that one out myself

trwxxa
5/9/2006, 07:20 PM
Only a Will & Grace fan claims to love the whorn uni's given that you can see a man's entire crack and 3-piece set from 60 yards away in those things.

Yup. That's John Harris.

AzianSooner
5/9/2006, 08:32 PM
Stool color should be the disgraced one.

goingoneight
5/9/2006, 09:49 PM

1. Oklahoma home uniforms – The Nike swoosh can go away, but the rest of the look is so sharp.

2. New Mexico State - They go against everything I believe in when it comes to uniforms with stripey things on the shirts and pants, but I did the color and the overall look.

3. Tulsa home uniforms – There are a few too many things happening, but the colors are cool from the Notre Dame-like helmets to the blue unis.

4. Minnesota home uniforms – The Minnesot aversion of the maroon and gold just barely edges out the USC version.

5. UCLA home uniforms – It might be impossible to be tough in the light blue, but it does look good.

5 Worst Uniforms

1. Marshall home green on green - Call them the Thundering Peapods when they wear the green tops and green pants. On the flip side, the green jerseys with the white pants looks cool.

2. Oregon – Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's too obvious. The human highlighters really do look goofy, while the metallic pea green things aren't much better.

3. Wyoming home browns – At least the color is relatively unique. At some point in human history someone actually gave the O.K. to these thinking they looked good.

4. Tennessee – I have to tread carefully here considering my wife became a Tennessee fan just because she liked the orange. The light orange is rough on the eyes, while the white jersey/white pant combo makes the Vols look like they're wearing long johns.
5. Central Michigan home uniforms – The color isn't awful, but they monochromatic shirt and pant look makes them the Fighting Craisins.

Have a TQ? E-mail us with your ideas.

2006 Questions
- In hindsight, did Matt Leinart make the right decision?
- Do you take Leinart, Young or Cutler?
- You can take any coaching job, which would you take?
- Top five early Heisman candidates
- Could a football team pull off a George Mason?
- What team would you most like to have played for?
- Give 3 non-conference games that must happen
- Should there be a standard code of conduct?
- What to look for out of spring ball
- What should change about college officiating?
- What would you change about the recruiting process?
- What to look for on recruiting signing day
- What from the pro game would help college
- The ridiculously early top three
- Was the Rose Bowl the best game ever?

Past Questions
- Tuesday Questions of 2005
- Tuesday Questions of 2004
- Tuesday Questions of 2003
- Tuesday Questions of 2002
- Tuesday Questions of 2001

Richard Cirminiello

1. Miami – The orange jerseys are pretty cool, but it’s Miami’s green jersey, white pants ensemble, which makes me pine for a position at the Style Network.

2. Florida State – On helmet alone, the ‘Noles make it on to my Top 5 list.

3. Penn State – I love retro uniforms, and with Penn State’s classic attire, it’s turn back the clock every Saturday in the fall.

4. Texas – Simple, clean and traditional. I usually don’t like orange uniforms, but burnt orange has really grown on me over the years.

5. Kansas State – The ‘Cats have a sleek logo and underrated uniforms that are contemporary without doing the Rollerball thing that so many schools have adopted in recent years.

5 Worst Uniforms

1. Oregon – All green. All yellow. Green jersey with yellow pants. I’ve yet to see a combination of the Ducks’ duds that are easy on the eyes.

2. Hawaii – Unless the topic is olives, black and green do not belong together.

3. Clemson – The only thing worse than a monochromatic uniform is a monochromatic orange uniform.

4. Texas Tech – The Red Raiders’ road uni’s are above average, but at home, they look like a tablecloth in a really bad Italian restaurant.
5. Northwestern – Prince would love the Wildcat uniforms. ‘Nuff said.

John Harris

1. Notre Dame’s Green unis – I know they lost while wearing them (meaning that we’ll never see them again), but the uni they wore against USC last season is the prettiest uniform anywhere.

2. UCLA’s Home Blue – This is just a beautiful jersey, combined with the gold pants – Sharp.

3. Ohio State pre-2006 scarlet unis – Why change? Why, I ask you?

4. Texas road ‘Icy Whites’ – Pure. Clean. Simple. And, the white hats (helmets, sorry) with the Texas Orange Bevo? Wonderful.

5. TCU’s Purple and Black combination – I don’t know why, but this works for me.

5 Worst Uniforms

1. Oregon’s 18,000 uniforms – Pick one, any one and it’s number one on the worst list.

2. San Diego State – the 1990s version, the Marshall Faulk jersey, was one of the best ever, but there’s just too much going on with these new ones.

3. New Mexico State – the half pinstripes on the pants, the piping on the jersey? Yuck.

4. Arizona – U of A jersey circa Desert Storm Era, YEA! Nike, bib laden futuristic jersey, BOO!

5. Syracuse – Recreating a pseudo-throwback, I like, but not what they came up with last year.

Matthew Zemek

A: The best:

Penn State. Classic. Pure. Not about the individual.

Ohio State. Gotta love the Buckeye stickers on the helmet, which--much like Penn State's--is basically plain. (PSU's helmets are a little plainer.)

Michigan. Not Big 10 bias, just a reflection of a classic college football look that has been widely acknowledged for years.

Notre Dame. If you include Penn State, you have to include the Irish for the very same reasons.

The worst:

Oregon. The anti-classic.

West Virginia. Possibly the only thing wrong with the 2006 team is what it'll wear on gamedays.

BYU. Go back to the mellow blue of the 1980s with the small blue oval on the helmet and the white "Y" in the middle.

Miami. If you're sensing a trend here, it's against odd-shaped numbers not presented in a classic format (with defined edges and corners).

Oklahoma State. See Miami reference above.

:D

Boomer_Sooner_sax
5/10/2006, 01:02 PM
To me, the all white Hook 'em unis are the worst in college football. Also, when it rains, they become see through. I saw Chance Mock's Hook 'em tattoo on his @$$ through his pants!! I had to burn my eyes for the next week!

Taxman71
5/10/2006, 01:41 PM
To me, the all white Hook 'em unis are the worst in college football. Also, when it rains, they become see through. I saw Chance Mock's Hook 'em tattoo on his @$$ through his pants!! I had to burn my eyes for the next week!

I can't think of a more appropriate place for a Hook 'em.

freshchris05
5/10/2006, 01:41 PM

That wasn't a tatoo it was radio's foot print...