PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young Quote

randall180
5/9/2006, 03:09 PM
OK...so i'm looking for a quote by Vince young. If my memory serves me correctly, he was on record saying that he doesn't care if Texas wins the OU v. texas game as long as he wins the heisman.

can someone help me out???

r

sooneron
5/9/2006, 03:11 PM
That was el ced the plasma dood.

freshchris05
5/9/2006, 03:17 PM
yeah that definately cedric benson... with his texas mentality

47straight
5/9/2006, 03:34 PM
I've got a couple:

"Weeeeeeeee's goin to Awwwwwstin Teeexass"

"I'm looking forward to the NFL. I've heard it's just like a big family."

Yeah. A big family that will cut you out of the will if it will make them 5 more bucks. Have fun with that.

Big Red Ron
5/9/2006, 03:36 PM
I've got a couple:

"Weeeeeeeee's goin to Awwwwwstin Teeexass"

"I'm looking forward to the NFL. I've heard it's just like a big family."

Yeah. A big family that will cut you out of the will if it will make them 5 more bucks. Have fun with that.no, he ment like the sopranos.:D

Herr Scholz
5/9/2006, 03:48 PM
yeah that definately cedric benson... with his texas mentality
We used to have selfish players. Not any more. We were the 2nd ranked rushing team in the country last year and didn't have a single rusher in the top 50 individually. No one complained about touches either. We had a true team last year.

Redshirt
5/9/2006, 03:57 PM
We used to have selfish players. Not any more. We were the 2nd ranked rushing team in the country last year and didn't have a single rusher in the top 50 individually. No one complained about touches either. We had a true team last year.

What position do you play?

Taxman71
5/9/2006, 04:01 PM

Yes, and take Superman out of the QB position that no other team had and you were probably ranked #50 in total rushing. Besides, how many freshman RBs ever complain about carries? The older RB Young was hurt most of the time anyway.

Herr Scholz
5/9/2006, 04:07 PM
What position do you play?
C'mon, all fans use the proverbial we.

Herr Scholz
5/9/2006, 04:11 PM
Yes, and take Superman out of the QB position that no other team had and you were probably ranked #50 in total rushing. Besides, how many freshman RBs ever complain about carries? The older RB Young was hurt most of the time anyway.
Selvin wasn't hurt a lot of the time he wasn't playing. He never complained once.

Vince ran for 1,000 yards. We still had 2,500+ yards rushing without him.

Charles, Jamaal 13 119 906 28 878 7.4 11 80 67.5
Taylor, Ramonce 13 76 561 48 513 6.8 12 57 39.5
Young, Selvin 11 96 487 26 461 4.8 8 28 41.9
Melton, Henry 13 87 434 2 432 5.0 10 27 33.2

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/000_stats/05/teamcume.htm#TEAM.IND

XingTheRubicon
5/9/2006, 05:53 PM

How the **** would you know. I've seen you write this before and it's still an unknown to everyone on Earth save about a dozen people.

I know you're pumped about your first NC since your dad was 6, but that doesn't greenlight magic 8 ball posts.

badger
5/9/2006, 11:37 PM
Okay, here is the quote. If you REALLY want, I can attribute it to Vince Young, just for the fun of it.

"If I could win the game entirely by myself – both offense and defense, punt returns, kickoffs, kicking field goals, do everything – then I'd take the win over OU," VINCE YOUNG said. "But for me personally, the hard work I've been through, growing up as a kid and the dream I've had, I'd love nothing more than to win the Heisman."

Of course, all you Texas fans love Vince and wouldn't want him to sound like that - but yeah, Cedric said it, not Wonderlic.

OU-HSV
5/9/2006, 11:47 PM
How the **** would you know. I've seen you write this before and it's still an unknown to everyone on Earth save about a dozen people.

I know you're pumped about your first NC since your dad was 6, but that doesn't greenlight magic 8 ball posts.
Holy crap that is some funny shiite. I may have just found my new sig (if you don't mind):D

SoonerShark
5/10/2006, 08:12 AM
Texas, like BYU in 1984, won it on the field in a down year for the conference and for the nation as a whole, but they did win it all. A year earlier and Oklahoma would have beaten them. A year later multiple folks might beat them, but thanks to the luck of the draw they did it on the field. It's the breaks of the game.

If OU had a year where it held on to its turnovers and the refs allowed Texas to have turnovers rather than overturning them against OU and A&M, UT might have lost two games in 2005. VY's two interception tosses against OU that were wrongly reversed would have taken 14 off the board for UT. OU might have scored 21 points more if not for the bad calls and the Bomar fumble, multiples of which early in the season allowed TCU, UCLA and UT to score. OU might have been undefeated moving into Lubbock. If that was the case, the 4th down call in Lubbock where the ball was a yard short of the first down would politically gone the Sooners way and OU could have been undefeated. Regardless, UT was the better team in 2005 even if OU had beaten them 33-31 in the above scenario.

VY was the difference, though I do not know how somebody with his academic shortcomings was admitted to the Harvard of the South. Of course, the folks that I have known who went to Harvard and Duke and the like had the common sense of a goose.

Actually, I would like to see many more transcripts of the VY conversations that I have watched on TV. I cannot mangle the English language the way that I witnessed him twist it. Of course, many of our players do not come across that well either. Maybe we could just have Spencer Tillman perform the interviews for all of our players.

homerxsimpson
5/10/2006, 08:52 AM
Texas, like BYU in 1984, won it on the field in a down year for the conference and for the nation as a whole, but they did win it all.

I'd have to say I expect next year to be much more of down year "for the nation as a whole" than last; not a single dominant team or one without major issues on at least one side of the ball.

Wouldn't suprise me to see at least one of the teams in the MNC game with 2 losses. Imagine 6+ teams with a legitimate beef in playing for the title, it'll be the BCS's worst nightmare.

footballfanatic
5/10/2006, 09:02 AM
Texas, like BYU in 1984, won it on the field in a down year for the conference and for the nation as a whole, but they did win it all. A year earlier and Oklahoma would have beaten them. A year later multiple folks might beat them, but thanks to the luck of the draw they did it on the field. It's the breaks of the game.

If OU had a year where it held on to its turnovers and the refs allowed Texas to have turnovers rather than overturning them against OU and A&M, UT might have lost two games in 2005. VY's two interception tosses against OU that were wrongly reversed would have taken 14 off the board for UT. OU might have scored 21 points more if not for the bad calls and the Bomar fumble, multiples of which early in the season allowed TCU, UCLA and UT to score. OU might have been undefeated moving into Lubbock. If that was the case, the 4th down call in Lubbock where the ball was a yard short of the first down would politically gone the Sooners way and OU could have been undefeated. Regardless, UT was the better team in 2005 even if OU had beaten them 33-31 in the above scenario.

VY was the difference, though I do not know how somebody with his academic shortcomings was admitted to the Harvard of the South. Of course, the folks that I have known who went to Harvard and Duke and the like had the common sense of a goose.

Actually, I would like to see many more transcripts of the VY conversations that I have watched on TV. I cannot mangle the English language the way that I witnessed him twist it. Of course, many of our players do not come across that well either. Maybe we could just have Spencer Tillman perform the interviews for all of our players.

There's no evidence that OU 04 would have beaten Texas 05. OU had a soft secondary--Texas, very much a one-dimensional running team in 04, was much improved throwing the ball last year. And OU 04 didn't come to play in the biggest game of the season--not exactly a stirring endorsement of the team. As far as the game last year, picking out a few missed calls and claiming that could have made the diference is, of course, purely speculative, and provides no basis for an argument. All teams get breaks. Good teams take advantage of them, regardless of the sport. No one can watch the tape of that game and say OU had any chance of winning. To be fair, you did state as much. Against Tech, I do feel that OU was a victim of home-field officiating, and deserved to win the game.

tnobis60
5/10/2006, 09:05 AM
The post by Soonershark is probably the most ignorant collection of words i have ever read in my entire life, and for OU's sake, I hope this is not a reflection of their fanbase or intelligence, because, it was just plain retarded...all rivalry aside...just retarded.

A down year for the conference? Maybe the north, but I believe the south was as vibrant as ever. Unless, you mean it was a down year for OU since they lost 4 games. However, I believe you did have one of the toughest schedules, did you not? I believe Texas went 13-0. I believe Texas Tech finished in the BSC top 15, which is a first. I believe OU finished in the top 20, beating the 1-loss Ducks, who the entire nation thought should be in a BCS bowl. I believe Baylor showed signs of life, improving upon their once thought punching bag image. A down year? I'm sorry that Nebraska was rebuilding, it happens. They will be back to normal this year.

I agree about certain breaks of the game, but if you honestly believe that a few turnovers in your favor would have made OU victorious over Texas last year, you have stupidity fogging up your glasses. AD was hurt. Bomar's passing game was not exactly blowing down our doors. And again, we took out Vince Young with the game already won. It was not close. And furthermore, if I could take back a few fumbles here or there from my time, I'd be ****ing holiday cheer 24 hours a day, but sometimes, your team fumbles, that is life.

The nation had a down year? Last year was considered by many to be the best year in college football, and if you could read, hear, or understand complex sentences, you would know this. I believe USC went undefeated. I believe we saw Notre Dame return to proper form. I believe we saw Penn St. almost go undefeated. I believe we saw Spurrier spark life into a South Carolina team. We saw Alabama go undefeated for a large part of the season in the SEC, the hardest conference. A down year? Were you actually thinking or just banging your palms against the keyboard.

You could of beat us with last years team? You can say what you want, no one will ever know, so why speculate. If you must, we beat the same team you lost to in the Orange Bowl on their home field. But we will never know, it's like saying who would win, the '85 Bears or the '72 Dolphins.

Ah yes, the wonderlic test. Vince Young got a 16, it is a fact. The former Titan QB got a 15, and he did pretty well in the NFL. Yes, Vince Young is not the linguist, but he can play ball, just like AD.

In conclusion, look down at the white bracelet around your wrist, read the name of the hospital you are supposed to be in, and please return yourself. thank you.

TexasLidig8r
5/10/2006, 09:33 AM
Shark..

Wow.. just.. wow..

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next thing we know.. you will be humpin' it and whoopin'.

Wow....

caphorns
5/10/2006, 09:39 AM

Ah . . . the sweet smell of rival envy.

Looks like we're getting closer to the RRS.

I'd say the regular-season ending Top 10 was pretty damn good last year, other than Oregon of course ;)

mellopride
5/10/2006, 09:59 AM
Woah woah woah... When did this become hornfans.com?! Texassens just can't get enough on their own board.

SoonerStormchaser
5/10/2006, 10:00 AM
Selvin wasn't hurt a lot of the time he wasn't playing. He never complained once.

Vince ran for 1,000 yards. We still had 2,500+ yards rushing without him.

Charles, Jamaal 13 119 906 28 878 7.4 11 80 67.5
Taylor, Ramonce 13 76 561 48 513 6.8 12 57 39.5
Young, Selvin 11 96 487 26 461 4.8 8 28 41.9
Melton, Henry 13 87 434 2 432 5.0 10 27 33.2

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/000_stats/05/teamcume.htm#TEAM.IND

You know the sad thing, Herr? It's that AD managed to outrush all of them, and he only played half the season!

KyleUT
5/10/2006, 10:05 AM
Woah woah woah... When did this become hornfans.com?!

You're new here, aren't you?

footballfanatic
5/10/2006, 10:07 AM
You know the sad thing, Herr? It's that AD managed to outrush all of them, and he only played half the season!

How is that sad? AD's team was one-dimensional. UT was evenly-balanced, between passing, running and distribution, and won the national championship.

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 10:07 AM
Vince Young Quote, "Mama, mama, mama said I desrbed dat heiman trofey. Mama said I's da best playa eva." "She always hada way of makin me undustand life, she even gonna handle my money for meee. She said, 'Son, we don't have to worry about money anymore.' and I said good, that's one less thing."

JC Watts he isn't. ;)

footballfanatic
5/10/2006, 10:14 AM
Vince Young Quote, "Mama, mama, mama said I desrbed dat heiman trofey. Mama said I's da best playa eva." "She always hada way of makin me undustand life, she even gonna handle my money for meee. She said, 'Son, we don't have to worry about money anymore.' and I said good, that's one less thing."

JC Watts he isn't. ;)

Someone should pass your racist drivel on to the African American players at OU and see if they find it funny.

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 10:17 AM
Eh, JC is an African American (QB and Congressman, BTW) and That was Forrest Gump talk. You know the biggest Honkey ever.

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 10:32 AM
Someone should pass your racist drivel on to the African American players at OU and see if they find it funny.Besides, you know he's a moron. My eleven year old daughter is more articulate than Vince.

soonerhubs
5/10/2006, 10:38 AM
Besides, you know he's a moron. My eleven year old daughter is more articulate than Vince.

Heh I thought your quote was a combination between Bobby Bouchey and Forrest Gump. Funny nonetheless and racist? not the least. Sheesh why do people have to bring that in to a conversation?

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 10:40 AM
There was a little Bobby B in there. The parallel I was drawing on was that they all score about the same on the Wonderlich test.

I thought texans wer like smart en stuff. :D

soonerhubs
5/10/2006, 10:44 AM
There was a little Bobby B in there. The parallel I was drawing on was that they all score about the same on the Wonderlich test.

I thought texans wer like smart en stuff. :D

I s'pose some are, but I don't think Sunday night post game interviews are going to be Radio's strengths. Linguist he is not.
He can enunciate about as good as a drunk redneck coming out of oral surgery.

Herr Scholz
5/10/2006, 11:24 AM

Just from what I read. Reporters asked Selvin about his diminished PT and he said he just wanted to win. Maybe he was mad in private but there was never any pouting in public ala Roy Williams. Every statement I read all year about that team pointed to teamwork and not individual accomplishment.

How do you know things about the Sooners? You read and talk about them, right?

footballfanatic
5/10/2006, 11:44 AM
Your comment is racist. The fact that you even mentioned JC Watts is because you knew it was, and you were trying to prove it wasn't--even before anyone had written anything. Closet racists are the worse kind. We have plenty of them here, as well.

usmc-sooner
5/10/2006, 11:53 AM
Your comment is racist. The fact that you even mentioned JC Watts is because you knew it was, and you were trying to prove it wasn't--even before anyone had written anything. Closet racists are the worse kind. We have plenty of them here, as well.

someone ban this fool

David Earl
5/10/2006, 11:54 AM
footballfanatic, you need to think twice before calling someone a racist. If VY is inarticulate it has nothing to do with his skin color. If JC Watts is articulate it has nothing to do with his skin color. So cool it. A day in the slammer should help you.

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 12:23 PM
Your comment is racist. The fact that you even mentioned JC Watts is because you knew it was, and you were trying to prove it wasn't--even before anyone had written anything. Closet racists are the worse kind. We have plenty of them here, as well.I was simply pointing out another area of our superiority over Texas. Drawing a comparison between two of the greatest AA QB's to play at either school.

BTW, I'm a minority and know all about racism.

tnobis60
5/10/2006, 12:26 PM
1. Vince Scored a 16 on the wonderlic, get over it, who cares, McNair scored a 15 and he was a fine QB in the NFL. The test mean nothing anyway.
2. OU fans have to bring VY down for what? because all of their recent NC qbs could not hack in the NFL.
3. VY is not an English major, public speaker, etc. He is a football player, as long as he keeps putting W's on the board, I don't care if he needs a translator to talk, He is better than any OU qb, ever. EVER
4. And don't even talk about the education players do or don't recieve in their respective colleges. Don't lie to yourself that college is about education for blue chip players. I'm sure AD has straight A's and can spout out Shakespeare in correct intonation. They are recruited to play football, academics are second. wake up and smell reality.

XingTheRubicon
5/10/2006, 12:26 PM
I was simply pointing out another area of our superiority over Texas. Drawing a comparison between two of the greatest AA QB's to play at either school.

BTW, I'm a minority and know all about racism.

Irish?

David Earl
5/10/2006, 12:29 PM
BTW, I'm a minority...

I didn't know you went to UTEP... :eddie:

David Earl
5/10/2006, 12:32 PM
2. OU fans have to bring VY down for what? because all of their recent NC qbs could not hack in the NFL.
3. VY... is better than any OU qb, ever. EVER

A little too much like smack there pardner. I hit you with my shoe for one day.

XingTheRubicon
5/10/2006, 12:33 PM
Just from what I read. Reporters asked Selvin about his diminished PT and he said he just wanted to win. Maybe he was mad in private but there was never any pouting in public ala Roy Williams. Every statement I read all year about that team pointed to teamwork and not individual accomplishment.

How do you know things about the Sooners? You read and talk about them, right?

I've never posted that OU players are selfish or happy or motivated or whatever, unless I cite a source.

Saying that the UT backfield never complained once is 3rd grade stupidity. However, stating that the UT backfield never publicly complained is fine. Here's to you figuring out the difference.
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2880/drinking8ii.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

XingTheRubicon
5/10/2006, 12:35 PM
1. Vince Scored a 16 on the wonderlic, get over it, who cares, McNair scored a 15 and he was a fine QB in the NFL. The test mean nothing anyway.

Are you Vince's tutor?

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 12:36 PM
Irish?Actually Scottish. :D

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 12:38 PM
1. Vince Scored a 6 on the first wonderlic.

2.He is better than any OU qb, ever. EVER

1. You know it and I know it!

2. That's just crazy talk. Heupel, White, Lott, Watts, some dude name Aikman. There are others but you already knew that too.

KyleUT
5/10/2006, 12:47 PM

2. That's just crazy talk. Heupel, White, Lott, Watts, some dude name Aikman. There are others but you already knew that too.

Can you really claim Aikman? Did he even ever start for OU (serious question here, I don't know)?

GreaterState
5/10/2006, 12:48 PM
Smack is against the rules??!

David Earl
5/10/2006, 12:53 PM
Can you really claim Aikman? Did he even ever start for OU (serious question here, I don't know)?

Started against UCLA and ran the wishbone. No kidding. Threw a lot too.

Started against UM and got his leg broke.

David Earl
5/10/2006, 12:54 PM
Smack is against the rules??!

Yep, except for the smack board. Board regulars get a little slack, but newbies and rivals have to walk the line.

Tear Down This Wall
5/10/2006, 12:58 PM
Yes, Aikman started at OU. Go watch the 1985 OU-Texas game. Troy started that one, too, and we won it. So, in just one game, Troy won as many OU-Texas games as Vince did in three tries.

Suck, suck, suck.

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 01:01 PM
Can you really claim Aikman? Did he even ever start for OU (serious question here, I don't know)?He was here for half of his college career (two years for you texans) and I remember him playing in Norman. He would have finished here if it weren't for that Holliway guy.;)

KyleUT
5/10/2006, 01:04 PM
Yes, Aikman started at OU. Go watch the 1985 OU-Texas game. Troy started that one, too, and we won it. So, in just one game, Troy won as many OU-Texas games as Vince did in three tries.

Your defense won that game....had nothing to do with Aikman or the offense in any way shape or form.

soonerhubs
5/10/2006, 01:09 PM
Your defense won that game....had nothing to do with Aikman or the offense in any way shape or form.

Yes, true, but that's not the point. The point is that Troy Aikman was an awesome QB. Do you doubt it? I mean there's a McDonalds in Henryetta that proves it. :)

freshchris05
5/10/2006, 01:20 PM
Are you Vince's tutor?

haha thats great... speak and spell

slickdawg
5/10/2006, 02:28 PM
OK...so i'm looking for a quote by Vince young. If my memory serves me correctly, he was on record saying that he doesn't care if Texas wins the OU v. texas game as long as he wins the heisman.

can someone help me out???

r

Vince is retarded, and it's not nice to pick on retards.

Partial Qualifier
5/10/2006, 03:32 PM
KyleUT is a close confidante of Barry Switzer.

Ahem.

47straight
5/10/2006, 04:17 PM
Yep, except for the smack board. Board regulars get a little slack, but newbies and rivals have to walk the line.

It was the crack on the OU quarterbacks that did it, right?

KyleUT
5/10/2006, 04:51 PM
KyleUT is a close confidante of Barry Switzer.

Ahem.

'Ol Barrah and I are tight, yo.

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 06:09 PM
'Ol Barrah and I are tight, yo.You wouldn't be if my specker hadn't been changed. ;)

1991SOONER
5/10/2006, 07:05 PM
3. VY is not an English major, public speaker, etc. He is a football player, as long as he keeps putting W's on the board, I don't care if he needs a translator to talk, He is better than any OU qb, ever. EVER

LOLOLOLOL

Was this the same Vince Young that got beat TWICE by Jason White? ONCE by a score of 65-13????A QB that ACTUALLY took home the HEISMAN.

BASSooner
5/10/2006, 07:14 PM
LOLOLOLOL

Was this the same Vince Young that got beat TWICE by Jason White? ONCE by a score of 65-13????A QB that ACTUALLY took home the HEISMAN.
that should conclude the discussion

goingoneight
5/10/2006, 10:41 PM

we don't... :)

goingoneight
5/10/2006, 10:53 PM
How is that sad? AD's team was one-dimensional. UT was evenly-balanced, between passing, running and distribution, and won the national championship.

The "sad" point, if you will, is taking VY out with, say... a high ankle sprain like AD had-- downs UT 2005 to tOSU, aggy-litle and Aggy FRAN-chise. Don't even bother to guess what UT would have done to SUC without VY, cuz they would have been in the Cotton Bowl or Holiday Bowl or something like we were. Let it sink in, we've had a one-dimensional team, and now, so have you.

I dunno about UT fans, but if we had a QB rush for 1000 yards and win out like VY did, taking the team on his back and all, I'd brag that it happened and not try and cover it up with the whole "teamwork" skit. UT was a championship team going into 2005 (good defense, phenominal OL) with an enormous question mark. And that question mark was a VY passing game. The VYPG showed up, and so did the title. Hey, if that team was wearing crimson and cream, VY could have scored a 2 on the wonderlic and slobbered doing it... I thought they did a great job. I have no prob with UT 2005 title, it's when they say UT 2005 would have owned OU 2000. OU 2000 has several proven NFL talents and made the greatest 30-day stretch in the history of college ball. I choose to believe that if OUr crappy 2004 D could shut-out Vince Young and company, TRRW and Torrance would have torn them apart.

olevetonahill
5/10/2006, 11:07 PM
:texan: in your post above this you asked had troy ever started for OU . Now you are an expert on that game . f--in :texan:

usmc-sooner
5/10/2006, 11:13 PM
that should conclude the discussion

are you kidding most texans consider getting their asses whipped 5 out of 6 times room to talk :texan:

picasso
5/10/2006, 11:17 PM
The post by Soonershark is probably the most ignorant collection of words i have ever read in my entire life, and for OU's sake, I hope this is not a reflection of their fanbase or intelligence, because, it was just plain retarded...all rivalry aside...just retarded.

A down year for the conference? Maybe the north, but I believe the south was as vibrant as ever. Unless, you mean it was a down year for OU since they lost 4 games. However, I believe you did have one of the toughest schedules, did you not? I believe Texas went 13-0. I believe Texas Tech finished in the BSC top 15, which is a first. I believe OU finished in the top 20, beating the 1-loss Ducks, who the entire nation thought should be in a BCS bowl. I believe Baylor showed signs of life, improving upon their once thought punching bag image. A down year? I'm sorry that Nebraska was rebuilding, it happens. They will be back to normal this year.

I agree about certain breaks of the game, but if you honestly believe that a few turnovers in your favor would have made OU victorious over Texas last year, you have stupidity fogging up your glasses. AD was hurt. Bomar's passing game was not exactly blowing down our doors. And again, we took out Vince Young with the game already won. It was not close. And furthermore, if I could take back a few fumbles here or there from my time, I'd be ****ing holiday cheer 24 hours a day, but sometimes, your team fumbles, that is life.

The nation had a down year? Last year was considered by many to be the best year in college football, and if you could read, hear, or understand complex sentences, you would know this. I believe USC went undefeated. I believe we saw Notre Dame return to proper form. I believe we saw Penn St. almost go undefeated. I believe we saw Spurrier spark life into a South Carolina team. We saw Alabama go undefeated for a large part of the season in the SEC, the hardest conference. A down year? Were you actually thinking or just banging your palms against the keyboard.

You could of beat us with last years team? You can say what you want, no one will ever know, so why speculate. If you must, we beat the same team you lost to in the Orange Bowl on their home field. But we will never know, it's like saying who would win, the '85 Bears or the '72 Dolphins.

Ah yes, the wonderlic test. Vince Young got a 16, it is a fact. The former Titan QB got a 15, and he did pretty well in the NFL. Yes, Vince Young is not the linguist, but he can play ball, just like AD.

In conclusion, look down at the white bracelet around your wrist, read the name of the hospital you are supposed to be in, and please return yourself. thank you.

damn dude. that's a lot of writing there. what did it say exactly?

usmc-sooner
5/10/2006, 11:21 PM
damn dude. that's a lot of writing there. what did it say exactly?

cliff notes

texas sucks

we sold our sole for vince young

King Crimson
5/10/2006, 11:24 PM
You could of beat us with last years team? You can say what you want, no one will ever know, so why speculate. If you must, we beat the same team you lost to in the Orange Bowl on their home field. .

this is so hilariously bad it's not even funny. so *last year's* team only counts when it's OU and *this year's team* when it's UT; but with USC.....it's the *same* team both years.

clever.

picasso
5/10/2006, 11:33 PM
yeah, I think there's no doubt '04 USC was much better than '05. same as '03 OU was much better than '04. you know, the team that blanked '04 Texas? which I guess was the same team that beat '05 USC?

I'm confused.

BASSooner
5/10/2006, 11:39 PM
are you kidding most texans consider getting their asses whipped 5 out of 6 times room to talk :texan:
well...let them handle their problems...

King Crimson
5/10/2006, 11:39 PM
yeah, I think there's no doubt '04 USC was much better than '05. same as '03 OU was much better than '04. you know, the team that blanked '04 Texas? which I guess was the same team that beat '05 USC?

I'm confused.

i think you nailed it pic....except that part about 04 sc being better than 05 SC....because they are "the same team".

olevetonahill
5/10/2006, 11:42 PM

I'm confused.
Dont sweat it thats just bevo logic . You know , just a bunch of bull**** :cool:

Zing
5/11/2006, 09:45 AM

Haha, I was about to leap to your defense in this regard as well. People used to give me a hard time about it when I didn't go to the school, but now I feel completely justified.

cliff notes

texas sucks

we sold our sole for vince young

Quickly! To the shoemaker!

So, in just one game, Troy won as many OU-Texas games as Vince did in three tries.

Suck, suck, suck.

Haha, first thing to make me laugh outloud (or at least chuckle) in a while.

KyleUT
5/11/2006, 11:25 AM
:texan: in your post above this you asked had troy ever started for OU . Now you are an expert on that game . f--in :texan:

My memories (re-told by family as i was 6) of that game are of your defense completely shutting down what was an already anemic UT offense. I don't remember anything special about the other side of the ball for OU that day. Thanks for the call-out, though. 'precitate it.

TexasLidig8r
5/11/2006, 12:17 PM
LOLOLOLOL

No.. this is the same Vince Young that brought home a crystal football in a very dramatic, take charge manner that transcended the game.

Now.. how many crystal footballs did Jason White bring back to Norman?

Now.. THAT should be the end of the discussion.

(and that comes from a person who respects J. White for his ability to come back from two catastrophic knee injuries)

Herr Scholz
5/11/2006, 12:32 PM
Now.. how many crystal footballs did Jason White bring back to Norman?[/SIZE]
National titles are what matters. That's the Sooner Mantra.

Big Red Ron
5/11/2006, 01:13 PM
National titles are what matters. That's the Sooner Mantra.Apples and oranges. Championships define programs. Heisman's define individuals. You guys will get the hang of it one you crack the top ten all time.

Tear Down This Wall
5/11/2006, 01:22 PM
I hadn't posted in this thread yet. It seems like an ongoing deal. Did Vince Young say something?

picasso
5/11/2006, 08:05 PM
No.. this is the same Vince Young that brought home a crystal football in a very dramatic, take charge manner that transcended the game.

(and that comes from a person who respects J. White for his ability to come back from two catastrophic knee injuries)
I'm not sure those losses were all White's fault. I can't bust on him because he was a great player and it was simply amazing what he accomplished with old man knees.
Makes me wonder what could have been in '01, '02, and '03 if he were truly healthy.

Big Red Ron
5/11/2006, 11:59 PM
I'm not sure those losses were all White's fault. I can't bust on him because he was a great player and it was simply amazing what he accomplished with old man knees.
Makes me wonder what could have been in '01, '02, and '03 if he were truly healthy.Seriously. It;s pretty sad. I love JW and not in the Chris Fergison way ;)

47straight
5/12/2006, 01:04 AM
this is so hilariously bad it's not even funny. so *last year's* team only counts when it's OU and *this year's team* when it's UT; but with USC.....it's the *same* team both years.

Tnobis60, why don't you answer this before making any other sf.com post.

footballfanatic
5/12/2006, 01:33 PM
Makes me wonder what could have been in '01, '02, and '03 if he were truly healthy.

Jason White deserves all the praise we can give him for being tough, for coming back from knee surgery, being forced to change his game AND then winning the Heisman. His emotional delivery upon receiving the award said it all. The knock against him is that he didn't show up in the biggest games, and that's the truth. Tough QB with guts? Absolutely. Big game, big time QB? Nope. VY--when the game mattered most--the two Rose Bowls--he delivered a transcendant performance. THAT is what being a great college QB is all about. For this fact alone, you can't put them in the same category. Don't believe me? Check with the football writers of the game.

XingTheRubicon
5/12/2006, 02:24 PM
National titles are what matters. That's the Sooner Mantra.

JW has one NC ring: 2000

Big Red Ron
5/12/2006, 02:25 PM
nevermind...

Herr Scholz
5/12/2006, 02:33 PM
JW has one NC ring: 2000
Well, so does Colt McCoy then as well.

XingTheRubicon
5/12/2006, 02:46 PM
Well, so does Colt Seaver then as well...

but can he "tarzan from a vine?"

So Vince is better because he won a NC? That's a fair argument.

Let me sum up: Jason kicked Vince's *** head to head, BUT, Vince won a NC.

So Vince is better because he won a National Championship... but lost head to head.

You see where this is going right?

Herr Scholz
5/12/2006, 03:05 PM
So Vince is better because he won a NC? That's a fair argument.

Let me sum up: Jason kicked Vince's *** head to head, BUT, Vince won a NC.

So Vince is better because he won a National Championship... but lost head to head.

You see where this is going right?
Ha ha.

A) Your Sooners have a better football program all time due to the championships (despite UT having the head to head advantage). I've never said differently.

B) You can't tell me as a Sooner fan you wouldn't have rather had another national title than another Heisman. Both are great things. One is clearly better. Because of this, Vince should get the greater acclaim of the two QBs.

C) White didn't make VY lose those two games. That was the OU D.

soonerloyal
5/12/2006, 06:27 PM
Guess it's time for this old broad to jump into a topic. I'm not known for either succinctness or political correctness, so too bad for the younguns. Can't say I'll make much sense, but that usually doesn't stop me from speakin' my piece.

I've been a Sooner fanatic longer than most of y'all have had hair. I love ragging on a shorthorn even more than I love ragging on Al Franken and Randi Rhodes. I am, however, adamant about giving credit where credit is due. TexasU, while often clueless and baselessly full of themselves, was a remarkable team last year. Vince Young, often stymied by Oklahoma before, stepped up to his challenges last season and gave his team the leadership and focus it so badly needed. And, just like our Sooners in 2000, the 'Horns were charmed and fated to win it all last season. 2005 was Texas' year. It's as simple as that. Texas delivered when it counted, won when they needed to. We didn't. And that's why they were crowned No. 1...because they EARNED it.

I did something last year I never thought possible. I voluntarily, cheerfully and loudly cheered for the Texas Longhorns to win. It's not difficult to give the team on the wrong side of the Red River props when they deserve 'em. I'm strong enough in my devotion to my Sooners to know that. In 2005, Texas was NUMBER ONE. Congratulations to the team and the fans. Heck, I even clapped for Mackiepoo. I didn't even feel the need to be disinfected afterward. Too kewl.

That was, however, last year. It's a new season, two new teams, and a whole 'nuther ball game in 2006. Texas* sucks once again, they'll choke and fall to the wayside under Stoops' Troops in the Cotton Bowl again on 7 October, and the sky, and reality, will turn back to normal.

Gawd, I LOVE MY SOONERS! Hook yourownselves, 'horns. Oklahoma is back.
:D
Hook 'em

Rooster
5/12/2006, 08:14 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeel beeeeeeeeeeeee baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack....

not...

XingTheRubicon
5/12/2006, 08:53 PM
Actually Scottish. :D

It's ****e being Scottish. We're the lowest of the low.

Most people hate the English. I don't, they're just wankers.

and we're colonized by wankers...Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. It's ****e state of affairs, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world ain't gonna make a damn bit a difference.

SoonerJLB
5/12/2006, 09:20 PM
Actually Scottish. :D

You are only a Scot if you were born in or from Scotland. A person isn't Scottish. There is Scottish whiskey (or Scotch), Scottish music, Scottish horses etc....but a person from Scotland is a Scot..not Scottish. At least that is what I was told when I was in Edinburgh a few years ago.

1991SOONER
5/12/2006, 11:26 PM

Well, considering Youngs record against Jason White, he's lucky that Jason ran out of elgibility. Otherwise it would have been unlikely that Young would be holding the ball. By the way, we have one of those crystal balls in our cabinet as well in case ya hadn't noticed. Congrats on catching us on a rebuilding year. And see ya in October!Hook 'em

1991SOONER
5/12/2006, 11:40 PM

Another word about Vince....granted he had a great year, but does anybody else besides myself see this guy as just a flash in the pan?? He transformed into a great college QB overnight, but I don't see him even coming close to the likeness of say...Troy Aikman or John Elway. Not even close. I mean, I think he will do well in the pros for awhile, but I don't think he has a chance of being held up there with the greats like all these sips are blinded into thinking.

olevetonahill
5/13/2006, 01:11 AM

So because slapclap Mack decided to NOT coach VY and just let him play his game :texan: s are :cool: ?
Granted VY was awesome (puke ) but if mack had insisted on coahing him last year you Hook 'em would never have made the MNC game let alone win it . VY won that mnc by himself you :texan: s should thank mack for sitting back and ShutingTFU ;)

Jello Biafra
5/13/2006, 01:16 AM
Ha ha.

C) White didn't make VY lose those two games. That was the OU D.

REALLY? so our defense won the game for us???? you DO realize we scored 65 points in 2003 right?

Big Red Ron
5/13/2006, 01:22 AM
You are only a Scot if you were born in or from Scotland. A person isn't Scottish. There is Scottish whiskey (or Scotch), Scottish music, Scottish horses etc....but a person from Scotland is a Scot..not Scottish. At least that is what I was told when I was in Edinburgh a few years ago.Nah, my great great grand pappy came here from Scottland and our family can be traced back about 300 years there. If that doesn't qualify, I don't know what does, course I'm also a little bit Choctaw too.

Ya, wanker.:D

olevetonahill
5/13/2006, 01:27 AM
REALLY? so our defense won the game for us???? you DO realize we scored 65 points in 2003 right?
And the idiot :texan: s say we dodge reality :D :D :D :D

Jello Biafra
5/13/2006, 01:47 AM
And the idiot :texan: s say we dodge reality :D :D :D :D

they aint none too smart sometimes. :)

olevetonahill
5/13/2006, 02:07 AM
they aint none too smart sometimes. :)
"sometimes " ???????:D

footballfanatic
5/13/2006, 05:31 PM
Another word about Vince....granted he had a great year, but does anybody else besides myself see this guy as just a flash in the pan?? He transformed into a great college QB overnight, but I don't see him even coming close to the likeness of say...Troy Aikman or John Elway. Not even close. I mean, I think he will do well in the pros for awhile, but I don't think he has a chance of being held up there with the greats like all these sips are blinded into thinking.

That's a pretty tall order--Aikman and Elway. Most QB's in the pros are pretty marginal. Very few get into elite status. Even some of the Super Bowl winning QB's are more of the game manager type, like Dilfer, and Johnson for Tampa Bay. Think of the really good QB's in the pros right now. Obviously, Tom Brady, and who else? Even Rothelesberger (sp) had a pretty mundane Super Bowl. Too early to say how Young will do--it all depends on who he has to help him, and who are his coaches.

footballfanatic
5/13/2006, 05:35 PM
Guess it's time for this old broad to jump into a topic. I'm not known for either succinctness or political correctness, so too bad for the younguns. Can't say I'll make much sense, but that usually doesn't stop me from speakin' my piece.

I've been a Sooner fanatic longer than most of y'all have had hair. I love ragging on a shorthorn even more than I love ragging on Al Franken and Randi Rhodes. I am, however, adamant about giving credit where credit is due. TexasU, while often clueless and baselessly full of themselves, was a remarkable team last year. Vince Young, often stymied by Oklahoma before, stepped up to his challenges last season and gave his team the leadership and focus it so badly needed. And, just like our Sooners in 2000, the 'Horns were charmed and fated to win it all last season. 2005 was Texas' year. It's as simple as that. Texas delivered when it counted, won when they needed to. We didn't. And that's why they were crowned No. 1...because they EARNED it.

I did something last year I never thought possible. I voluntarily, cheerfully and loudly cheered for the Texas Longhorns to win. It's not difficult to give the team on the wrong side of the Red River props when they deserve 'em. I'm strong enough in my devotion to my Sooners to know that. In 2005, Texas was NUMBER ONE. Congratulations to the team and the fans. Heck, I even clapped for Mackiepoo. I didn't even feel the need to be disinfected afterward. Too kewl.

That was, however, last year. It's a new season, two new teams, and a whole 'nuther ball game in 2006. Texas* sucks once again, they'll choke and fall to the wayside under Stoops' Troops in the Cotton Bowl again on 7 October, and the sky, and reality, will turn back to normal.

Hook 'em

Great post. Spoken like a competitor. This is the mindset why this country has been whooping *&^% for 200 years plus.

Flagstaffsooner
5/13/2006, 06:24 PM
spek

goingoneight
5/13/2006, 07:32 PM

And to add... Bullsh!t!!! I was there, and VY played it out. Jason White, however... rested easy in the 3rd quarter of the 2003 game. I seem to remember a lot of UT 2005 players being in that game as well. ;)

goingoneight
5/13/2006, 07:35 PM

Hey didn't that Aik-man guy win three Super Bowls or something about soon to be a hall-of-famer?
Isn't Josh Heupel going to be a spectacular coach some day?
Didn't Jason White only exit the NFL because of two weakened knees from reconstructive surgery?

thought so...

Socrefbek
5/13/2006, 09:08 PM
Someone should pass your racist drivel on to the African American players at OU and see if they find it funny.

You sir are an idiot! That is from the Waterboy. Kathy Bates and Adam Sandler the main characters. :texan:

1991SOONER
5/14/2006, 06:26 AM
That's a pretty tall order--Aikman and Elway. Most QB's in the pros are pretty marginal. Very few get into elite status. Even some of the Super Bowl winning QB's are more of the game manager type, like Dilfer, and Johnson for Tampa Bay. Think of the really good QB's in the pros right now. Obviously, Tom Brady, and who else? Even Rothelesberger (sp) had a pretty mundane Super Bowl. Too early to say how Young will do--it all depends on who he has to help him, and who are his coaches.

huh?

1991SOONER
5/14/2006, 06:27 AM

Well at least your being realistic for a sip. I assume your a t-sip with all the red speks. Most sips I talk to here in Houston are totally blinded to think VY walks on water and going to be the greatest QB to ever play the NFL:rolleyes: Granted he obviously had a great year. I'd like to know where his secret stash of kryptonite is located :D (so I can steal it) :D

footballfanatic
5/14/2006, 11:41 AM
Well at least your being realistic for a sip. I assume your a t-sip with all the red speks. Most sips I talk to here in Houston are totally blinded to think VY walks on water and going to be the greatest QB to ever play the NFL:rolleyes: Granted he obviously had a great year. I'd like to know where his secret stash of kryptonite is located :D (so I can steal it) :D

I agree. It must be very hard to be a great NFL QB--you need skills, other great players, plus great management AND maybe most important of all, great coaches. I repeat my question--can anyone name 4 great starting QB's in the NFL right now? I can only name Brady--Favre has fallen off, McNair is hurt. Anyone else?

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 11:58 AM
I agree. It must be very hard to be a great NFL QB--you need skills, other great players, plus great management AND maybe most important of all, great coaches. I repeat my question--can anyone name 4 great starting QB's in the NFL right now? I can only name Brady--Favre has fallen off, McNair is hurt. Anyone else?Matt Hasselbek (sp), Kurt Warner, Jake Plummer, Drew Bledsoe,....

1991SOONER
5/14/2006, 12:21 PM
I agree. It must be very hard to be a great NFL QB--you need skills, other great players, plus great management AND maybe most important of all, great coaches. I repeat my question--can anyone name 4 great starting QB's in the NFL right now? I can only name Brady--Favre has fallen off, McNair is hurt. Anyone else?

You also need to score reasonably well on the Wonderlic exam!!:D

Sorry about that one, I just couldn't resist!!

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 12:34 PM
You also need to score reasonably well on the Wonderlic exam!!:D

Sorry about that one, I just couldn't resist!!A six is pretty damn funny. A retake immidiately after and a press release led to a 16...still only 34 points from perfect or 30 points from Dusty's score.:texan:

TexasLidig8r
5/14/2006, 04:46 PM

Are you aggy?

If there is a God in heaven, Tennessee will just let Vince ride the pine his entire first year (read.. Carson Palmer)... and learn the pro game.

1991SOONER
5/14/2006, 05:14 PM
Are you aggy?

If there is a God in heaven, Tennessee will just let Vince ride the pine his entire first year (read.. Carson Palmer)... and learn the pro game.

NO,

But after seeing how you short horns have become so stupidly blinded, I would be more proud to call myself an aggie that aHook 'em

Y'all are ridiculous

BOOMER SOONER

TexasLidig8r
5/14/2006, 05:30 PM
NO,

But after seeing how you short horns have become so stupidly blinded, I would be more proud to call myself an aggie that aHook 'em

Y'all are ridiculous

BOOMER SOONER

So, it's stupidly blinded to believe that Vince's maturity as a pro quarterback would be better served by having him ride the pine and learn the pro game from the sidelines his first year in the league?

And.. you would rather support a school that last won a national championship in ANY MAJOR SPORT the year Der Fuhrer was barreling through Poland?

Wow.. you are aggy. Congrats.

footballfanatic
5/14/2006, 05:53 PM
Matt Hasselbek (sp), Kurt Warner, Jake Plummer, Drew Bledsoe,....

I said GREAT NFL QB's right now.
Kurt Warner? He hasn't had a great season since 2001. Check his last season in Saint Louis, or his disasterous stint with the Giants. (not to mention stinking with the Cardinals last year.) Jake Plummer--good season--Great? Not even close. Drew Bledsoe? I don't see how anyone can consider him great. He did get to a Super Bowl, but was let go by the Bills, of all teams, and was considered a long shot by many experts to prosper in Dallas. I suppose Hasselbek is good, but it takes more than one season to say he's great, plus his Super Bowl was sub-par, at best.

1991SOONER
5/14/2006, 06:32 PM
So, it's stupidly blinded to believe that Vince's maturity as a pro quarterback would be better served by having him ride the pine and learn the pro game from the sidelines his first year in the league?

And.. you would rather support a school that last won a national championship in ANY MAJOR SPORT the year Der Fuhrer was barreling through Poland?

Wow.. you are aggy. Congrats.

No, again I've never said such things. Read my previous posts. The more you talk, the more you are convincing me that YOU are closer to being an aggie than I.

Exhibit A: Putting words into my mouth that I have never said.

Exhibit B: Coming onto a rivals message board expecting approval from other board members.

Exhibit C: Accusing a Sooner fan of being "aggie" because of his lack of knowledge of horn players :rolleyes: without having any other knowledge of their background or abilities.

This all comes from a LAWYER of all people. One who should know all the facts before making accusations.

First we have Vince Young achieving a score that a retarded person can beat on the Wonderlic and now this.

I am beginning to think UT is vastly overrated as a university. And they say we're stupid.:rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 06:33 PM
I said GREAT NFL QB's right now.
Kurt Warner? He hasn't had a great season since 2001. Check his last season in Saint Louis, or his disasterous stint with the Giants. (not to mention stinking with the Cardinals last year.) Jake Plummer--good season--Great? Not even close. Drew Bledsoe? I don't see how anyone can consider him great. He did get to a Super Bowl, but was let go by the Bills, of all teams, and was considered a long shot by many experts to prosper in Dallas. I suppose Hasselbek is good, but it takes more than one season to say he's great, plus his Super Bowl was sub-par, at best.Opinions are like elbows...

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 06:40 PM
Payton Manning, Trent Green and Jake Delhomme...

TexasLidig8r
5/14/2006, 06:41 PM
Exhibit B: Coming onto a rivals message board expecting approval from other board members.

Uh.. not so much. None is expected.

Exhibit C: Accusing a Sooner fan of being "aggie" because of his lack of knowledge of horn players :rolleyes: without having any other knowledge of their background or abilities.

The accusation of aggy comes about because of your use of the term "sip" and "t-sip." The rest of the United States does not refer to UT or UT alums as sips, which said term is reserved exclusively for our backward, sheep humpin' brethren. It has nothing to do with your knowledge of Texas players.

This all comes from a LAWYER of all people. One who should know all the facts before making accusations.

The accusation of aggy (and accusation is probably the correct word) came about in a questioning form because of your use of the inherently unique and parochial term, "sip."

... And they say we're stupid.:rolleyes:

We say no such thing.... as far as you know! ;)

FWIW.

1991SOONER
5/14/2006, 06:47 PM
FWIW.

Oh, well my apologies. I just happen to work around a bunch of Aggies [I don't like them much either but don't tell them that] and I guess I unwittingly picked that term up. Instead, just for you, I will refer to you guys as "t-sips" instead of "sips". I am glad we could clear up that misunderstanding.:)

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 07:49 PM
I guess I don't get the whole t-sip thing. Don't really care either. t-baggers is more like it.

footballfanatic
5/14/2006, 08:27 PM
Payton Manning, Trent Green and Jake Delhomme...

Peyton--great QB. Green, Delhomme--good, not great. Words like "great" and "genius" are tossed around way too much in our society.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 08:55 PM
Semantics, all of those guys are Pro Bowlers in the NFL.

footballfanatic
5/15/2006, 08:51 AM
Semantics, all of those guys are Pro Bowlers in the NFL.

Well, someone has to be the all pro, but are they great? Is really Peyton great, after what happened to him this year? What has he won? He can't even claim he's been supported by an inferior cast.

Tear Down This Wall
5/16/2006, 11:57 AM
What the f'n Sam Hill is wrong with you people. Vince played in two losses against OU and one win. He was shut out once.

Now, I ask you, why in 2006 does anyone - Sooner or Longhorn - give a flying ratsass about what Vince Young said. He's gone. It doesn't matter. He had two pis* poor games and one good one. So what? We need an f'n seven page thread to summarize that?

Also, remember, these guys are freaking kids. They don't know what they're saying 3/4 of the time. Sweet Monkey Tuesdays! Do you want to be remember for the crap you were saying and doing when you were 19 or 20?

Honestly. Both sides need to let...it...go!

Be original. Let's have some Jevan Snead smack or something.

David Earl
5/16/2006, 12:01 PM
Sweet Monkey Tuesdays?