PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart

Norm In Norman
5/9/2006, 08:18 AM
is trying to trademark the smiley face.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4984138.stm

Coincidentally, the guy from wal-Mart that says it's ironic they are fighting over a smiley face is named "Simley".

Mjcpr
5/9/2006, 08:20 AM
Forrest is going to be ****ed when he finds out.

sooner n houston
5/9/2006, 08:23 AM
According to an email I recieved, here at wally world headquarters yesterday, the issue is some frenchman is trying to claim rights to the smilley face and is sueing companies all over the world for infringment. Wal-Mart is just trying to stay ahead of the game and keep from paying this french dickhead a royalty for the use of the smiley face.

Osce0la
5/9/2006, 08:23 AM
I had heard not too long ago that Wal Mart was about to stop using the smiley :confused:

It was on a news report. They said Wal Mart was going to stop using the smiley and start using celebrity endorsments.

TopDaugIn2000
5/9/2006, 08:25 AM
does that mean we can't use :) anymore????

Pieces Hit
This is only right.
When one thinks of a pregnant teenage minimum wage cashier who hasn't had a pee break in 3 hours, one automatically associates this with a smiley face TM.

sooner n houston
I had heard not too long ago that Wal Mart was about to stop using the smiley :confused:

It was on a news report. They said Wal Mart was going to stop using the smiley and start using celebrity endorsments.

Not true. Smiley will be relagated to a "supporting" role, for the time being, but not eliminated.

sooner n houston
5/9/2006, 08:27 AM
This is only right.
When one thinks of a pregnant teenage minimum wage cashier who hasn't had a pee break in 3 hours, one automatically associates this with a smiley face TM.

Another common falacy! The average wage for full time employees at WM is almost $10 per hour. Almost no one makes minimum wage!

Norm In Norman
5/9/2006, 08:30 AM
I only posted this because the article is about Smiley and the guy's name is Simley.

...and nobody cares!

IB4OU2
5/9/2006, 08:31 AM
I only posted this because the article is about Smiley and the guy's name is Simley.

...and nobody cares!

I thought it was funny.........:O sort of ;)

critical_phil
5/9/2006, 08:41 AM
Another common falacy! The average wage for full time employees at WM is almost $10 per hour. Almost no one makes minimum wage!

there's a guy in my neighborhood who's a retired WallyWorld truck driver. i doubt the guy could even spell the word retired. i guess he accumulated a ton of WMT stock during his 25 years there and now lives a pretty comfortable life after retiring at age 50.

also, everytime i hear the word fallacy i think of john candy in who's harry crumb.....

sooner n houston
5/9/2006, 08:46 AM
there's a guy in my neighborhood who's a retired WallyWorld truck driver. i doubt the guy could even spell the word retired. i guess he accumulated a ton of WMT stock during his 25 years there and now lives a pretty comfortable life after retiring at age 50.

also, everytime i hear the word fallacy i think of john candy in who's harry crumb.....

Yea, there are quite a few "stock" millionaires around this place. Anyone who has been here 20 or more years, and invested in the stock plan, has a pretty good nestegg!

BoogercountySooner
5/9/2006, 08:56 AM
Soonernhouston what part of Wal-mart do you work in!

Mjcpr
5/9/2006, 08:58 AM

Housewares I think he said.

OklahomaTuba
5/9/2006, 09:05 AM
I remember seeing something that Target pays their workers MUCH less than what Walmart does, and Walmart tries to hire senior citizens and the disabled when they can, while Target doesn't as much.

JohnnyMack
5/9/2006, 09:26 AM
Wal-Mart is skanky.

Target, not so much.

I've tried to argue other reasons why I don't like Wal-Mart, but it really boils down to the fact that I think it's nasty inside.

Mjcpr
5/9/2006, 09:28 AM
Wal-Mart is skanky.

Target, not so much.

I've tried to argue other reasons why I don't like Wal-Mart, but it really boils down to the fact that I think it's nasty inside.

It's the Paris Hilton of retail giants.

sooner n houston
5/9/2006, 09:53 AM

I am working a contract here in the home office. I'm in IT, the David Glass building.

critical_phil
5/9/2006, 09:55 AM
Wal-Mart is skanky.

Target, not so much.

i'd probably make the switch to target, but my spanish is not so good....

tri-city wal-mart biznachos!!11!

BeetDigger
5/9/2006, 09:56 AM
Wal-Mart is skanky.

Target, not so much.

I've been to some retailers that make Wal-Mart look great. I could name names but I won't. Suffice it to say that any discounter is going to be spartan inside.

Target is not so much a discounter. They have a very, very different strategy compared to Wal-Mart. Target does have the best return process of all retailers. The best I tell you. The best. No receipt necessary.

BeetDigger
5/9/2006, 09:57 AM
It's the Paris Hilton of retail giants.

It's not THAT bad. :texan:

BoogercountySooner
5/9/2006, 09:57 AM
I am working a contract here in the home office. I'm in IT, the David Glass building.

I work a couple of miles from there!

Osce0la
5/9/2006, 10:00 AM
I remember seeing something that Target pays their workers MUCH less than what Walmart does, and Walmart tries to hire senior citizens and the disabled when they can, while Target doesn't as much.
Out where I live they pay about the same. I was supposed to get a job at Target while I was still in high school and they were going to pay me $7.50 an hour...I knew someone that worked at the Wal Mart not too far from there and they made $7.75, but they had been working there for a little over a year, I think they did actually start out at $7.50 though.

royalfan5
5/9/2006, 10:02 AM
I like to think everytime I shop at Wal-Mart I am doing my part to help the Kansas City Royals.

sooner n houston
5/9/2006, 10:02 AM
I work a couple of miles from there!

Well then, we need to start a "Soonerfans in Bentonville" lunch thread!!! :D

Ok, or maybe we could just get together for lunch soon. :D

OU Adonis
5/9/2006, 10:03 AM
Too bad Target is french.

BoogercountySooner
5/9/2006, 10:05 AM
Well then, we need to start a "Soonerfans in Bentonville" lunch thread!!! :D

Ok, or maybe we could just get together for lunch soon. :D

Sounds good!

IB4OU2
5/9/2006, 10:08 AM
Walmart's building a new Supercenter across the road from my office right now..:mad:.....the aggots will have so many choices for shopping cause this will be the second Supercenter in Stoolwater.

sooneron
5/9/2006, 10:09 AM
Uh......

no

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

royalfan5
5/9/2006, 10:14 AM
Their worse than that, they are Minnesotan.

BeetDigger
5/9/2006, 10:42 AM
Their worse than that, they are Minnesotan.

Which explains their standard response of "yaa, you betcha" to any request you make at the store.

opksooner
5/9/2006, 10:48 AM
I like to think everytime I shop at Wal-Mart I am doing my part to help the Kansas City Royals.
Really? A quick glance at the sports page seems to indicate that David Glass's old Wal-Mart philosophy of "stack 'em deep and sell 'em cheap" just doesn't cut the mustard when applied to major league baseball. The team record since Wal-Mart guy took over is abysmal.

royalfan5
5/9/2006, 11:01 AM
Really? A quick glance at the sports page seems to indicate that David Glass's old Wal-Mart philosophy of "stack 'em deep and sell 'em cheap" just doesn't cut the mustard when applied to major league baseball. The team record since Wal-Mart guy took over is abysmal.
I didn't say I was helping, but that I was deluding myself into thinking I was helping. Allard Baird's staggering incompetence has more to do with it than Glass's cheapness. There teams who have spent an equal amount of money and had success.

proud gonzo
5/9/2006, 11:08 AM
i think walmart should be able to trademark their particular smiley face. if it's drawn differently from that smiley face at all, it shouldn't count.

bri
5/9/2006, 01:25 PM
Housewares I think he said.

No, that's Ash...

proud gonzo
5/9/2006, 01:28 PM
Shop smart

bri
5/9/2006, 01:35 PM
Shop S-MART!

KABOOKIE
5/9/2006, 03:44 PM
Klatoooo!!! Ferahtah!!! Nihauh uh hbishhhhh.

Osce0la
5/9/2006, 03:46 PM
Shop S-MART!
SMRT

bri
5/9/2006, 06:22 PM
Klatoooo!!! Ferahtah!!! Nihauh uh hbishhhhh.

It was definitely an "N" word!

opksooner
5/9/2006, 06:57 PM
"Klaatu Barada Nikto".

YWIA

opksooner
5/9/2006, 08:55 PM
never mind :(

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 09:05 PM
Yo, She Bitch!

bri
5/9/2006, 09:36 PM
Yo, She Bitch!

...lets go!

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 09:44 PM
Honey, You got reeeeeeeeal ugly

bri
5/9/2006, 09:46 PM
Hail to the king, baby.

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 09:48 PM
Oh that's just what we call pillow talk, baby, that's alll

bri
5/9/2006, 10:01 PM
Are all men from the future loudmouth braggarts?

Nope, just me baby. Just me.

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 10:07 PM
Now listen up, you primitive screwheads. See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You *got* that?

bri
5/9/2006, 10:09 PM
...now I SWEAR, the next one of you primates even TOUCHES ME...YAAAAAA! *BOOM*