PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Stats...

yermom
5/8/2006, 09:53 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64373

We're nearly at the end apparently. "Today we're pleased to announce the global PS3 launch plan. Two configuration plans for launch - one with 60GB HDD, one with 20GB.

Japan: November 11th. 20GB: 59,800 yen. 60GB will have open price retailers will set.

America: Nov 17th. 20GB: USD 499, 60GB: USD 599.

Europe: Nov 17th. 20GB: EUR 499. 60GB: EUR 599.

would be nice if you could just add your own... a 60GB harddrive is what? 20 bucks?

Ike
5/8/2006, 10:11 PM
I bet within 20 minutes of release, there will be a hack describing how to change out the hard drive for a 250 gig HDD with no loss of operability.

Jimminy Crimson
5/8/2006, 10:12 PM
$100 for an extra 40GB is a little steep.

I might pull the trigger, though. :O

Jimminy Crimson
5/8/2006, 10:14 PM
I bet within 20 minutes of release, there will be a hack describing how to change out the hard drive for a 250 gig HDD with no loss of operability.

i'm sure yermom or yourself will post said hack for all us soonerfans to use, i mean dissaprove of hacking the original manufacturers product and voiding the warranty ;)

yermom
5/8/2006, 10:17 PM
i'm sure it will be hacked... the OS may not even be on the thing

hacking a TiVo was strangely difficult the first time though, the second time too, but that was only because the upgrade drive was bad

Ike
5/8/2006, 10:17 PM
i'm sure yermom or yourself will post said hack for all us soonerfans to use, i mean dissaprove of hacking the original manufacturers product and voiding the warranty ;)

If the drive sits in an expansion bay like the original PS2s, then its quite probable that you wouldn't have to void the warranty at all.

but watch em stick SCSI drives in there just to **** with people who expect to have an IDE drive ready to go just as soon as they get it home.

oh, and I absolutely approve of hacking the original manufacturers product and voiding the warranty. mine always go bad about a month after the warranty expires anyways, and manufacturers rarely get it right the first time :D

tbl
5/8/2006, 10:21 PM
$499 is WAY too steep, regardless of hard drive size. Unfortunately, there will be plenty of people lined up to buy it...

SeattleOUstudent
5/8/2006, 10:42 PM
NCAA, Madden...Im in!

yermom
5/8/2006, 10:48 PM
$499 is WAY too steep, regardless of hard drive size. Unfortunately, there will be plenty of people lined up to buy it...

i'm sure the price will drop eventually

isn't it supposed to be a DVR too?

Ike
5/8/2006, 10:57 PM

if so, that would rock donkey nuts. but even 60GB isn't big enough for a good DVR. not with HD-everything rolling out before long.

GottaHavePride
5/8/2006, 11:39 PM
X-Box 360 is already priced less than that. And given the option between spending way more and not getting to play Halo 3 when it comes out and, well, getting to play Halo 3 when it comes out, count me as an X-Box fan.

dolemitesooner
5/9/2006, 12:59 AM
I am buying a 60 gb the day it comes out...yermom my boy ...read up on hacks \... I want a bigger hard drive

Pieces Hit
5/9/2006, 08:02 AM
I have REALLY been enjoying my XBOX 360.
I don't expect PS3 to bring that much more game worth waiting another year for.

Mjcpr
5/9/2006, 08:05 AM
I have REALLY been enjoying my XBOX 360.
I don't expect PS3 to bring that much more game worth waiting another year for.

A little video game talk brings PH out of the closet.

Pieces Hit
5/9/2006, 08:10 AM
I've been laying low for a while since getting the new supervisor and all.
It is going well.
Much better than that ****** bag I had to deal with.
And yes, games are good.

mrowl
5/9/2006, 08:13 AM

but what good is the dvr if you have to setup an IR signal to control your set top box?

not worth the money, I will stick with my pc.

Norm In Norman
5/9/2006, 08:27 AM
If they play some sort of HD DVD/ Blue Ray/ whatever the price might not be too bad. It would have to do it well though.

OUDoc
5/9/2006, 08:33 AM
$500-$600 will be a little pricey for my 13yo son. Fortunately I want one as much as he does. :)
I assume they know what they are doing, but they seem to be pricing themselves out of a kid's market. Non-video game parents won't shell out that kind of money for their 10yo, would they?

Mjcpr
5/9/2006, 08:36 AM
$500-$600 will be a little pricey for my 13yo son. Fortunately I want one as much as he does. :)
I assume they know what they are doing, but they seem to be pricing themselves out of a kid's market. Non-video game parents won't shell out that kind of money for their 10yo, would they?

Only if they're AG-rich.

yermom
5/9/2006, 09:49 AM
I am buying a 60 gb the day it comes out...yermom my boy ...read up on hacks \... I want a bigger hard drive

then why buy the 60GB one?

skycat
5/9/2006, 10:06 AM
If they play some sort of HD DVD/ Blue Ray/ whatever the price might not be too bad. It would have to do it well though.

Being a Blu-Ray drive as well as a first rate gaming machine is the only way I see this as being worth the money. Of course, that's only true if you have an HD display and Blu-Ray takes off.

I for one, am not sold on Blu-Ray taking off.

Norm In Norman
5/9/2006, 01:03 PM
I agree. I wouldn't buy one until the format wars are over.

colleyvillesooner
5/9/2006, 01:06 PM
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5759/yoda1cv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Scott D
5/9/2006, 02:13 PM

Get your bigger hard drive here (http://www.enzyte.com/) goofball.

NormanPride
5/9/2006, 02:26 PM
I'm really torn on this generation... I look at the XBox and think "That's probably the most solid system this time around. I should get that." Then I look at the PS3 and think "Damn, that's expensive and probably won't work as well as advertised, but... can I live without all those great games?" And then the Wii... Well, I just have to get that. It's too weird to not get it! Plus, the idea of playing Blast Corps again gives me a funny feeling in certain places.

yermom
5/9/2006, 02:28 PM
i'll probably eventually get a PS3, maybe in the Spring when the price and/or demand drops

Ike
5/9/2006, 02:41 PM
I'm really torn on this generation... I look at the XBox and think "That's probably the most solid system this time around. I should get that." Then I look at the PS3 and think "Damn, that's expensive and probably won't work as well as advertised, but... can I live without all those great games?" And then the Wii... Well, I just have to get that. It's too weird to not get it! Plus, the idea of playing Blast Corps again gives me a funny feeling in certain places.

heh. I've been thinkning similar things. I'll probably most definately get the whatever-wierd-name-they-wanna-give-it nintendo box simply because Nintendo has offered some of the best multiplayer games around, and being that my wife likes to play the video games with me as well, that pushes the nintendo up the scale. I'll probably also get either a PS3 or an Xbox, but thats kind of a tossup right now. If sony maintains a vast games library, it will probably be the PS3.