PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore to DC commute, anyone familiar?

ouradu
5/8/2006, 07:04 PM
I'm going to Baltimore this next month with my wife, and she'll be at a conference all day for three days and I'll be on my own to go sight seeing in DC. We have to stay in Baltimore for the free room, so I'm trying to figure out if it is best to rent a car and deal with traffic, parking and of course the cost of the car and gas, or take a longer trip by taking the train to the metro then the metro to DC. Anyone familiar with this commute that could give me some advice or a better option?

Thanks

Viking Kitten
5/9/2006, 12:55 PM
I'm going to Baltimore this next month with my wife, and she'll be at a conference all day for three days and I'll be on my own to go sight seeing in DC. We have to stay in Baltimore for the free room, so I'm trying to figure out if it is best to rent a car and deal with traffic, parking and of course the cost of the car and gas, or take a longer trip by taking the train to the metro then the metro to DC. Anyone familiar with this commute that could give me some advice or a better option?

Thanks

How close are you to the train station? If it's easy to get to, I'd say take the public transport option. Traffic and parking in DC are a pain in the a**, and once you are in the Smithsonian/Capitol area, everything is within walking distance anyway. The DC Metro is one of the nicest ones in the world.

Dean should opine on this as well. He could also prolly recommend a good Korean restaurant.

Mjcpr
5/9/2006, 12:56 PM
Are you married to 4LIFE's wife?

BeetDigger
5/9/2006, 01:02 PM
I think the train goes from Baltimore right into the train station in DC. No need to transfer to the metro. In fact, I know it does. You can take the train to and from DC to Baltimore and then use the subway around DC. The subway in DC is very well organized. You should check the train schedules however as you don't want to get caught in DC without a ride back to Baltimore.

Flagstaffsooner
5/9/2006, 01:06 PM
Take the train. You'll avoid the wasted Kennedy's on the DC roads.:D

Boarder
5/9/2006, 01:22 PM
Come on ride the train. A Ride Ride.