PDA

View Full Version : Just gave Time Warner the boot.

sanantoniosooner
5/8/2006, 04:33 PM
I hope earthlink cable internet and Dish network makes me glad I did it.

sanantoniosooner
5/8/2006, 09:46 PM
This thread would be 3 pages by now if I was a Dallas lunch eating whornlover.

soonerboomer93
5/9/2006, 12:16 AM
just don't call and bitch to me

sanantoniosooner
5/9/2006, 06:47 AM
note to self.

Don't complain to soonerboomer93 if this doesn't work out.

mrowl
5/9/2006, 06:52 AM
http://www.wlra.us/wl/wlcowboyboot.jpg

http://www.denverboot.com/CamaroBoot.jpg

salth2o
5/9/2006, 08:37 AM
Let me know how it works out...I have been thinking of booting TWC and switching to Dish or Direct, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

SleestakSooner
5/9/2006, 08:39 AM
I would avoid Direct TV if possible.

Spray
5/9/2006, 09:13 AM
We had TWC in Minneapolis and loved it. Best cable I've ever had. A little pricy, but offered everything and very dependable. Customer service not too bad either.

Good luck with the dish.

olevetonahill
5/9/2006, 10:48 AM
Why ?
I tossed Dish a few months back and went with Direct , at least now I can get Tulsa stations . Which means I get to see the pre an post gameshows and whatever else you guys get to watch concerning OU . Just some one keep me posted please as to what channel and times TIA

jrsooner
5/9/2006, 07:36 PM
We had TWC in Minneapolis and loved it. Best cable I've ever had. A little pricy, but offered everything and very dependable. Customer service not too bad either.Same here...I have it Houston, and haven't had any "major" problems yet.

sanantoniosooner
5/9/2006, 07:48 PM
My only problems have been replacing several modems and a-hole customer service down here.

BudSooner
5/9/2006, 08:28 PM

Why do you hate my employer? :D

While its true we have alot of lunkhead techs in the field, and some of the new stuff(R15 DVR's-mainly the R15-300 series)being buggy, and on occasion the programming having some technical kinks-

and yes on occasion you get searching for satellite issues, but if you have a compass and a level you more often than not can fix your own problems...unlike waiting on a cable guy to show up 3-4 hours later when your not home.

Not to mention being able to take your equipment to a campsite or at a game in the parking lot is pretty cool....if your attached at the hip to a tv.

True story-years ago in OKC I asked the rep from a certain cable company that rhymes with SOX what the waiting time is to get an install for cable....she told me 3-4 weeks!
I told her thanks, then went to a retailer(at that time you could buy the eqipment and install it yourself)and bought the receiver and dish-went home and had it up running within 30 minutes, never ever had to call customer service for anything other than activating it and adding programming-never had any technical problems whatsoever. Never mind that I had never EVAR installed anything like this before.
THEN-months down the road saw an ad for the cable companies phone service, well I had to get some info....the young lady informed me that my address did not exist. OK, I tell her, would you have a tech come to confirm that my address DOES exist? Nope(yes she said N O P E!)cannot do it, it does not exist!

No thanks, I would rather not have cable tv.
Oh and btw-the YES network RAWKS!

Cam
5/13/2006, 09:04 PM
TWC is miles ahead of Cox.

I've been thinking about dumping Cox for a while now.

dolemitesooner
5/13/2006, 09:08 PM
I hope it does not workl out ...you post to many times a day and I dont want you catcing me sas ...........Al that matters in life is posting

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 09:15 PM
Looks like we've ditched Time Warner for the TV, going with dishnetwork, but I can't decide about the broadband.

We dont have a land line, so I'd have to get one for DSL. Not a good thing.

Satellite is pretty slow compared to DSL or cable and expensive.

Any other cable is technically still Time Warner with a mask on.

soonerboomer93
5/13/2006, 09:30 PM
isn't ATT/SBC working on fiber lines in San Antonio?

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 09:41 PM
I checked with them and they do work in the area, but they aren't an option.

soonerboomer93
5/13/2006, 09:59 PM
hmm, that sucks, because you can bundle sbc with dish (but you had to sign up through them)