PDA

View Full Version : Moussaoui wants to withdraw guilty plea

colleyvillesooner
5/8/2006, 03:17 PM
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Convicted Sept. 11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui says he lied on the witness stand about being involved in the plot and wants to withdraw his guilty plea because he now believes he can get a fair trial.

In a motion filed Friday but released Monday, Moussaoui said he testified March 27 he was supposed to hijack a fifth plane on Sept. 11, 2001, and fly it into the White House "even though I knew that was a complete fabrication."

A federal court jury spared the 37-year-old Frenchman the death penalty last Wednesday. On Thursday, U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema gave him six life sentences, to run as two consecutive life terms, in the federal supermax prison at Florence, Colo.

At sentencing, she told Moussaoui: "You do not have a right to appeal your convictions, as was explained to you when you plead guilty" in April 2005. "You waived that right."

She said he could appeal his sentence but added, "I believe it would be an act of futility."

Moussaoui's court-appointed lawyers told the court they filed the motion even though a federal rule "prohibits a defendant from withdrawing a guilty plea after imposition of sentence." They did so anyway because of their "problematic relationship with Moussaoui" and the fact that new lawyers have yet to be appointed to replace them.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa060508_wz_moussaoui.20c3feb7.html

Jimminy Crimson
5/8/2006, 03:18 PM
TOO BAD! :texan:

GottaHavePride
5/8/2006, 03:20 PM
Leave the sentence and add a perjury charge, then. :D

Jimminy Crimson
5/8/2006, 03:22 PM
Leave the sentence and add a perjury charge, then. :D

:les: NO FINGERNAILS FOR YOU!
Followed by a dunk in lemon juice and then sprinkled with salt

BigRedJed
5/8/2006, 03:25 PM
What an asshat.

TopDaugIn2000
5/8/2006, 03:41 PM
wow

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2006, 03:49 PM
He heard what supermax was like and he don't want to rot. Boo Hoo!

Yer gonna get your's AQ!!!

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/8/2006, 03:51 PM
DO-OVERS!

SoonerWood
5/8/2006, 03:54 PM
"Dude I CALLED TIME OUT just before pleading guilty! It didn't count!!"

Howzit
5/8/2006, 03:58 PM
I HAD MY FRIGGIN FINGERS CROSSED!!!1

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/8/2006, 03:58 PM
BASE!

Howzit
5/8/2006, 03:59 PM
KING'S X!!

TopDaugIn2000
5/8/2006, 03:59 PM
syke!

(sp?)

Howzit
5/8/2006, 04:00 PM
Red Rover, Red Rover
Let Moussey go **** himself.

Scott D
5/8/2006, 04:03 PM
he almost reminds me of that jamaican guy who shot those people on the subway then insisted upon defending himself in court.

C&CDean
5/8/2006, 04:12 PM
I think the unibomber dude is locked up there too. Maybe they can get together and blow each other. up.

**** him. Feed him fish heads and mopwater.

Howzit
5/8/2006, 04:14 PM
I think the unibomber dude is locked up there too. Maybe they can get together and blow each other. up.

**** him. Feed him fish heads and mopwater.

I was reading there is a "bombers row" that includes Kazinski, the World Trade Center dude from '93, Nicholls, and Richard Reid.

OklahomaTuba
5/8/2006, 04:17 PM
Dude should be in Gitmo with all the other terrorist bastards. Not in a US jail cell with US citizens who are not enemy POW's.

Scott D
5/8/2006, 04:18 PM
Dude should be in Gitmo with all the other terrorist bastards. Not in a US jail cell with US citizens who are not enemy POW's.

looks to me that at least two others there could be considered 'enemy POW's'

Jimminy Crimson
5/8/2006, 04:38 PM
**** him. Feed him bacon and man goo.

yup

leavingthezoo
5/8/2006, 05:15 PM
i guess this is his version of a mulligan?

Hamhock
5/8/2006, 05:33 PM
Tough Shi'ite.

hurricane'bone
5/8/2006, 06:29 PM
Tough Shi'ite.

I think he's Sunni, actually.

BigRedJed
5/8/2006, 06:30 PM
HE'S FRENCH!!

BigRedJed
5/8/2006, 06:31 PM
Which actually explains a lot, now that I think about it.

Vaevictis
5/8/2006, 06:34 PM
Not in a US jail cell with US citizens who are not enemy POW's.

Oh, are we calling them POW's now?

(Danger Will Robinson, Danger!)

Okla-homey
5/8/2006, 06:45 PM
I guarentee his recanting is all about "Supermax." Denied the martydom of the I.V. induced ultimate get out of jail free card and he gets to spend the rest of his miserable life locked up in a 8x12' white room with nothing to look at but his Koran and "I Love Lucy" re-runs.

I'm telling you, that's worse than death and he knows it. I just hope he doesn't become a blithering idiot for at least the first 30 years so he can suffer immense emotional and mental anguish that long. After that, if he becomes a bedwetting headcase who talks to himself incessantly...who cares?

GottaHavePride
5/8/2006, 06:51 PM
Koran? Screw that. Make him watch Scientology tv.

OklahomaTuba
5/8/2006, 07:07 PM
Oh, are we calling them POW's now?

(Danger Will Robinson, Danger!)

Yes, they are. An Enemy combatant to be exact.

I guess you missed that whole 9/11 thing hmm?

Okla-homey
5/8/2006, 07:12 PM
Yes, they are. An Enemy combatant to be exact.

I guess you missed that whole 9/11 thing hmm?

They're not POWs. POW's have rights under the Geneva Conventions. These enemy combatant cats' bee-hinds belong to Uncle Sammy. For as long as Uncle Sammy sez!:D

BRILLIANT!

TUSooner
5/8/2006, 07:14 PM
Those motions are very common actually.

So is this:

DEEEEEEE- NIED!!!!

:D

usmc-sooner
5/8/2006, 07:18 PM
I vote to send him to a federal pound him in the *** prison

OklahomaTuba
5/8/2006, 07:19 PM
Well, all I know is we are at war with those bastards, and he should NOT have had a trial that lasted 4 years or be in a US civilian prison at all IMO. A prison camp is where that ****er belongs.

walkoffsooner
He said he won let him bask in the glory.

Okla-homey
Those motions are very common actually.

So is this:

DEEEEEEE- NIED!!!!

:D

The only motions I want granted for this piece of offal are bowel movements.

Vaevictis
5/9/2006, 02:56 AM
Well, all I know is we are at war with those bastards, and he should NOT have had a trial that lasted 4 years or be in a US civilian prison at all IMO. A prison camp is where that ****er belongs.

The nice thing about putting these people on trial under fair circumstances is that you suffer no PR flak from our allies or from neutrals once you've done so. The people we hold in Gitmo without trial will continue to be a source of rancor for so long as we keep them in the state they're in.

Even if we're not required to give them trials, I think it's generally in our best interest to do so. One less point of contention between our allies and us is good. One less propoganda opportunity for the enemy is good.

JohnnyMack
5/9/2006, 09:29 AM
The nice thing about putting these people on trial under fair circumstances is that you suffer no PR flak from our allies or from neutrals once you've done so. The people we hold in Gitmo without trial will continue to be a source of rancor for so long as we keep them in the state they're in.

Even if we're not required to give them trials, I think it's generally in our best interest to do so. One less point of contention between our allies and us is good. One less propoganda opportunity for the enemy is good.

I think the reason these folks at Gitmo haven't been brought to trial is that most of what was learned from them was learned using torture and the U.S. can't get that information admitted as evidence.

OklahomaTuba
5/9/2006, 09:33 AM
The folks at Gitmo do recieve military tribunals, according to something I read a while back. Thats why they decided to release so many of them.

Nevertheless, we should have a labor camp in texas or something, making those bastards build us a wall on the rio grande. Instead of giving them 24 hours of relaxation under a roof, providing them with meals, medical care, etc.

SCOUT
5/9/2006, 09:43 AM
I think the reason these folks at Gitmo haven't been brought to trial is that most of what was learned from them was learned using torture and the U.S. can't get that information admitted as evidence.

They receive a trial by military tribunal. They are not granted a civilian trial because they are not citizens here and shouldn't be granted the rights and benefits citizens get. Also, a civilian trial requires that all of the information be public. I would rather have our military acting on information that the enemy doesn't know we have.