PDA

View Full Version : Katie effin Couric???

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 12:11 PM
:mad: So, the faggies get President Bush and we get this mindless wonder. I think David Boren should be tarred and feathered for this one. I'm sorry but this is total BS!:mad:

1stTimeCaller
5/8/2006, 12:12 PM
I think I heard something about this, about a month ago. :D

BigRedJed
5/8/2006, 12:12 PM
Mmm... ...Katie...

tbl
5/8/2006, 12:13 PM
The faggies have something we don't have... a strong tie to oil.

Mjcpr
5/8/2006, 12:15 PM
As the Decider, you can't be everywhere. If only the Fockers had made a $250k donation to the innaguration, he might've decided to speak at OU.

KABOOKIE
5/8/2006, 12:16 PM
I heard her speech was titled, "If you can't get ahead in the world, then give it!" :D

MamaMia
5/8/2006, 12:17 PM
It would have been nice to get Osama Bin Laden. We could have him dragged on stage in chains. That would one up them all, oSu and Bush.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 12:17 PM
Hell, I'd take, oh, I don't know a Journalist of any consequence over the "card reader" Couric. Heck, we probably could have gotten a thousand people of more gravitas than Couric.

KABOOKIE
5/8/2006, 12:20 PM
Mmm... ...Katie...

I'd rather do bush. :D

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 12:21 PM
I'd rather do bush. :DJena fer me. Heck I'd rather listen to Jena than Katie.

sooneron
5/8/2006, 12:24 PM
This should be called deja vous Monday.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 12:28 PM
This should be called deja vous Monday.Sorry, I don't hang around the SO like I did a few years ago.

IronSooner
5/8/2006, 12:32 PM
Who actually goes to graduation? I think I slept in and have yet to regret it.

bri
5/8/2006, 12:50 PM
Sir? Last Month is holding for you on Line 1...

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 12:51 PM
Who actually goes to graduation? I think I slept in and have yet to regret it.A lot of people do. The point is one of perception. Aggie gets the President of the United States (like him or not that's big time stuff) and we get a washed up morning show host that makes waffles in times square?

We could have at least gone after a former pres. or a Supreme Court Just. or I don't know, a CEO of a fortune 500 company.

WTF does Katie Couric have to add to ANYTHING?

I am totally embarrassed.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 12:52 PM
Sir? Last Month is holding for you on Line 1...Sir, post before last is holding for you on line two...

bri
5/8/2006, 12:53 PM
I'd laugh at that burn, but I'm busy being incredulous at something that happened back in January.

Those BASTARDS!! :mad:

IronSooner
5/8/2006, 12:54 PM
Obviously I don't care that much, but I understand your point. OU seems to get notable people but rarely anybody that fires you up. Could just be that I don't personally care about government agency types.

So here's a question for those of you disappointed in the choice: Who would you like to see invited to speak? (honest question)

Mjcpr
5/8/2006, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know if she brought video of her colon?

hurricane'bone
5/8/2006, 12:56 PM
You guys have got to see this picture I just got in an e-mail...

http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/database/readersphotos/files/WiLL20050829170232funnyfile1.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAH

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 12:57 PM
I'd laugh at that burn, but I'm busy being incredulous at something that happened back in January.

Those BASTARDS!! :mad:Well, like I said, I don't patrol here much anymore and I have a job that requires most of my memory bank. I'm just reacting to current news. If I would have known in Jan. I would have contacted Boren personally and asked him how this decision was come to but thanks the sentiment.

soonerscuba
5/8/2006, 12:58 PM
Now, I agree that a former president, justice, major league activist, etc. would have been better. But for a school trying to gain national credibility for a journalism school, getting the first female anchor of a major nightly news program is not the worst choice they could make.

OUDoc
5/8/2006, 12:59 PM
Does anyone know if she brought video of her colon?
I'll get you a copy.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 01:04 PM
So here's a question for those of you disappointed in the choice: Who would you like to see invited to speak? (honest question)You know what, I'd love to see a successful OU Grad that nobody really even knows about speak instead of an empty skirt. I know about twenty multi-millionaires that head corporations in state and throughout the country that would add so much more to these events than even the Pres.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 01:06 PM
Now, I agree that a former president, justice, major league activist, etc. would have been better. But for a school trying to gain national credibility for a journalism school, getting the first female anchor of a major nightly news program is not the worst choice they could make.I certainly see your point but wouldn't a credible journalist be a better choice? You know, Jean Kirkpatrick types.

SoonerWood
5/8/2006, 01:16 PM
I'll get you a copy.

hey how can we be sure it's her colon and not some random person that came strolling into your office?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/8/2006, 01:22 PM
Hey Ron, our resident lefties had lots to say about their preference for Couric over Bush about a month ago, with a couple or three threads at that time. I was appalled, too. I suggested having the CEO of Braums or Sonic Drive-ins, or some great Okalhoma business success, rather than the lefty sympathizing Couric. Boy, it was a sh8t-throwing bruhaha. Look up the old threads. Of course, the biggest contention was whether it's better to have a leftist speaker or conservative speaker. The left spoke of moral equivalency, of course.

SoonerInKCMO
5/8/2006, 01:25 PM
Hey Ron, our resident lefties had lots to say about their preference for Couric over Bush about a month ago, with a couple or three threads at that time. I was appalled, too. I suggested having the CEO of Braums or Sonic Drive-ins, or some great Okalhoma business success, rather than the lefty sympathizing Couric. Boy, it was a sh8t-throwing bruhaha. Look up the old threads. Of course, the biggest contention was whether it's better to have a leftist speaker or conservative speaker. The left spoke of moral equivalency, of course.

Oh. My. God.

bri
5/8/2006, 01:31 PM
Must be breaktime at the TV repair shop...

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 01:33 PM
Hey Ron, our resident lefties had lots to say about their preference for Couric over Bush about a month ago, with a couple or three threads at that time. I was appalled, too. I suggested having the CEO of Braums or Sonic Drive-ins, or some great Okalhoma business success, rather than the lefty sympathizing Couric. Boy, it was a sh8t-throwing bruhaha. Look up the old threads. Of course, the biggest contention was whether it's better to have a leftist speaker or conservative speaker. The left spoke of moral equivalency, of course.Well, then I'm glad I missed that little ****ing match. ANYONE who would rather have Couric than the current President (Dem. or Rep.) is an idiot.

Heck, I dislike Bill Clinton as much as anyone but I would have been pretty excited about him speaking at my graduation.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 01:34 PM
Must be breaktime at the TV repair shop...They late with your delivery or something?

critical_phil
5/8/2006, 01:38 PM
i'm an idiot.

Jimminy Crimson
5/8/2006, 01:47 PM
Hell, throw Aubrey McClendon or Larry Nichols on stage and you've got a speaker that is 100 times better and more applicable than some yainch fluff reporter.

Have Morgan Freeman or Willie Nelson come talk about biodiesel or something.

It'd be funny to have a Katie Couric protest outside the FOCK. :D

Big Red Ron
i'm an idiot.At least you're an honest one. ;) Just out of curiosity, would you rather have had Clinton over Couric? I'm just trying to understand why someone who amounts to an ugly Kelly Rippa would be better than ANY sitting President? Seriously.

colleyvillesooner
For your reading pleasure:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66847&page=3&highlight=couric

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66814&highlight=couric

5/8/2006, 01:50 PM
Oh. My. God.Wow, just wow!

critical_phil
5/8/2006, 01:53 PM
At least you're an honest one. ;) Just out of curiosity, would you rather have had Clinton over Couric?

no, i just have a thing for older women.

i would, however, take rene russo over couric........

also, anne archer or farrah fawcett.

SoonerObsession
5/8/2006, 02:15 PM
Where's Matt Foley when you need him?

colleyvillesooner
5/8/2006, 02:38 PM
http://www.nihiser.com/images/022504/matt_foley.jpg

Scott D
5/8/2006, 02:39 PM
Well, then I'm glad I missed that little ****ing match. ANYONE who would rather have Couric than the current President (Dem. or Rep.) is an idiot.

Heck, I dislike Bill Clinton as much as anyone but I would have been pretty excited about him speaking at my graduation.

the only ****ing was william favor into a strong wind.

SoonerInKCMO
5/8/2006, 02:45 PM
Wow, just wow!

I just re-read the threads in the post above yours to be sure about this - I didn't see 'the resident lefties' saying that we were better off having Couric as speaker rather than Bush. Maybe a couple of people here that think Bush is a total fool think that; the majority, however, seem to believe that having Bush speak would be better than having Couric. My 'Oh. My. God.' comment was just me expressing my amazement at how completely you twisted the discussion in those threads to fit your view of what those less conservative than you believe.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 02:48 PM
the only ****ing was william favor into a strong wind.Like Reagan and the communists?

So, he isn't one of the the "cool kids" on the SO. So his spek level took a beating. Didn't make him wrong and it sure as heck doesn't make the "Strong Wind" right.

Man, am I glad we live in a republic rather than a democracy.

VeeJay
5/8/2006, 02:49 PM
I hope her speech is short and her wise cracks are limited in number. That raspy voice and smoker's laugh would be annoying after a few minutes.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 02:59 PM
I hope her speech is short and her wise cracks are limited in number. That raspy voice and smoker's laugh would be annoying after a few minutes.I've got something to sooth her throat. ;)

Scott D
5/8/2006, 03:05 PM
Like Reagan and the communists?

So, he isn't one of the the "cool kids" on the SO. So his spek level took a beating. Didn't make him wrong and it sure as heck doesn't make the "Strong Wind" right.

Man, am I glad we live in a republic rather than a democracy.

no it means that when nobody shared his obsessive outrage over the matter and felt that the entire concept of her being the 'speaker' at graduation this year was a bit silly. Nobody seemed to be so outraged when John McCain was the speaker last year.

It has nothing to do with being a "cool kid" on the SO, but rather with the fact that with matters where the man has more than one post it tends to be two views...his view, and everyone else's view. I hardly doubt anyone gave him much if any negative reputation for the thread itself.

He claimed the previous thread was a ****ing contest, I simply stated that it wasn't a ****ing contest so the only ****ing was coming from him.

5/8/2006, 03:10 PM
the only reasoning was william favor into a parched, hot wind. typos corrected.

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 03:21 PM
He claimed the previous thread was a ****ing contest, I simply stated that it wasn't a ****ing contest so the only ****ing was coming from him.In all honesty, that was me. I just assumed it was one before reading it.

I'm still embarrassed.

Penguin
5/8/2006, 03:34 PM
I'm sure it will be a classy speech. You know, "You are the future" and all that junk.

I really have no idea why people make fun of her about colonoscopies. Her husband died from colon cancer a few years ago. What next? Start making fun of liberal men that lost their wives to breast cancer? Look out, Paul McCartney!

Big Red Ron
5/8/2006, 03:36 PM
I'm sure it will be a classy speech. You know, "You are the future" and all that junk.

I really have no idea why people make fun of her about colonoscopies. Her husband died from colon cancer a few years ago. What next? Start making fun of liberal men that lost their wives to breast cancer? Look out, Paul McCartney!Wow, I had no idea where the colonoscopy stuff came from. Not funny.

Scott D
5/8/2006, 03:51 PM
I'm delusional and need strong medication.

glad you finally admit that.

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2006, 03:54 PM
Toby Keith>Katie Couric

Jimminy Crimson
5/8/2006, 03:57 PM
Toby Keith>Katie Couric

Sh!t, yeah!

5/8/2006, 04:41 PM
glad you finally admit that.And I get that help from you, just like clockwork.