PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting your mother...

LilSooner
5/8/2006, 09:45 AM
for mother's day.

Oh, and btw when is mother's day this year.

TIA:D

1stTimeCaller
5/8/2006, 09:47 AM
it's this Sunday, the 14th.

I haven't decided what to get her.

skycat
5/8/2006, 09:53 AM
My mom is getting personalized stationary. She loves writing letters, and she'll love pretty much anything that is sent her way from me or my brother.

The trickier question for me is what to get my wife for her first Mother's Day as a mother?

It seems like it was just Valentine's day...

LilSooner
5/8/2006, 09:53 AM
CRAP! I got to get moving.

critical_phil
5/8/2006, 09:58 AM
botox.

sooneron
5/8/2006, 10:01 AM
A new cell phone that can only receive calls.

ultimatesooner1
5/8/2006, 10:02 AM
I'll be in Puerto Vallarta, so I will probably just mail her something and give her a call and tell her how great the beach is

Chuck Bao
5/8/2006, 10:08 AM
Crap, you scared me. NEXT weekend, right?

I'll be on a motorcyle trip through northern Vietnam, so I'll have a good excuse for a day or two.

Osce0la
5/8/2006, 10:19 AM
The trickier question for me is what to get my wife for her first Mother's Day as a mother?

It seems like it was just Valentine's day...
That's my problem too. This is my wife's first Mother's Day, and I am at a loss as to what to get her. She has wanted to go on a picnic for a long time, so I figure for lunch I can take her and our son to the park and we can have a picnic (I was even sneaky in getting info out of her as to what kind of food to get for the picnic). As for the gift I have no clue.

skycat
5/8/2006, 10:24 AM
That's my problem too. This is my wife's first Mother's Day, and I am at a loss as to what to get her. She has wanted to go on a picnic for a long time, so I figure for lunch I can take her and our son to the park and we can have a picnic (I was even sneaky in getting info out of her as to what kind of food to get for the picnic). As for the gift I have no clue.

Let me know if you come up with any good ideas. ;)

LilSooner
5/8/2006, 10:30 AM
The picnic sounds like a darn good gift to me. I don't understand that, why should you have to buy a gift when you are going out of the way to organize a lunch for her. That should be the gift. IMHO.

Oh and I know that we are paying for my grandma to have her lawn professionally done this summer. I have no idea what I am getting my mom.

Mjcpr
5/8/2006, 10:33 AM
I'm getting my mom a rock, I think. One of those OU ones for her flower beds...

skycat
5/8/2006, 10:40 AM
I'm getting my mom a rock, I think. One of those OU ones for her flower beds...

I got a rock.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/CharlieBrown.jpg

NormanPride
5/8/2006, 10:47 AM
I just bought her the old Producers DVD along with a "making of" type thing about the new one. I would have gotten the new one but it doesn't come out until the 16th. :mad: You'd think the damn companies in charge of this would do some freaking market research and have it out in time for Mother's Day.

Flagstaffsooner
5/8/2006, 10:59 AM
I'm getting my mom a rock, I think. One of those OU ones for her flower beds...I have one of thoses. I love it.

GDC
5/8/2006, 11:10 AM
tickets to WWE Smackdown in El Paso on the 13th

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/8/2006, 11:13 AM
SHE'LL GET NOTHING AND LIKE IT!

SicEmBaylor
5/8/2006, 11:18 AM
A new cell phone that can only recieve calls.
Hahahahaha, I wish I could spek you twice.

TopDaugIn2000
5/8/2006, 12:00 PM
pots and pans. so I'll have something decent to cook with when I visit her.

(yeah, she's spoiled. I cook for her when she visits, and also when I visit her)

critical_phil
5/8/2006, 03:35 PM
botox.
just saw this in the news. the souf koreans must read this board.

i guess botox is a little better bargain here in the u.s. (i paid $250).

A new wrinkle in gifts for Mom and Dad
Mon May 8, 2006 8:51 AM ET

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Koreans traditionally used to say it with flowers or money, but now more are showing love and respect to their parents by giving mom and dad coupons for cosmetic surgery.

Local media has reported a boom in orders this year for botox treatments, face lifts and hair transplants to mark Parents' Day Monday.

Cosmetic surgery clinics in Seoul said they have been booked solid for weeks with appointments made by children for their parents.

Using surgery to ehance looks is common in South Korea, with few stigmas attached to having procedures done to make eyes rounder, noses more shapely and even calves slimmer.

Many parents pay for cosmetic surgery for their children as a graduation gift and it has become more common in recent years for children to return the favor.

"Appointments for procedures for Parents' Day have increased by over 50 percent from five years ago," said Lim Ee-seok, the president of the Theme Dermatology Clinic, a large cosmetic surgery facility in Seoul.
The most sought-after procedures at the clinic are botox injections, which range from 300,000 won to 600,000 won ($322 -$645) and surgery to remove wrinkles.

"Parents who have always sacrificed for their children are now more bold in asking for what they want," the Herald Business newspaper said in a story it carried on the subject.

Lee Shin-ja's children gave her a coupon for laser surgery to remove liver spots from her face.

"I never thought my children would do this," Lee, 62, said by telephone. "I am really happy they did because I look much younger now,"

TopDaugIn2000
5/8/2006, 03:40 PM
Using surgery to ehance looks is common in South Korea, with few stigmas attached to having procedures done to make eyes rounder, noses more shapely and even calves slimmer.

I know I shouldn't be laughing.............

OUAndy1807
5/8/2006, 03:55 PM
my mom is getting a PSP with the game Lumines. She's had mine for about 3 months now.