PDA

View Full Version : 40% chance of storms tonight

oumartin
5/7/2006, 07:12 PM
for 3 days they were saying how tonight was gonna be clear and beautiful. then last night they come around and say we are gonna get some storms through the night. 40% chance. We didnt' get squat at 70% but by the looks of the radar we are gonna get hammered tonight! Good job OKC meteorologist.. you guys get worse by the day

GottaHavePride
5/7/2006, 07:15 PM
Dammit! **** needs to dry out so I can mow my damn lawn!

walkoffsooner
5/7/2006, 07:16 PM
Amen brother thats one job it takes 6 years of college to do but a man with a ged and joint pain due to barimetric psi could do better.

oumartin
5/7/2006, 07:19 PM
they did alot better predicting weather before the computer age. now they are just lazy.

GottaHavePride
5/7/2006, 07:24 PM
they did alot better predicting weather before the computer age. now they are just lazy.

Yeah, it'd be so much easier if they'd just tell you "Hey! The clouds look like bewbs!

http://www.mthurricane.com/2004%20Tornadoes/Mammatous_Clouds.jpg

that means run like hell!"

walkoffsooner
5/7/2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, it'd be so much easier if they'd just tell you "Hey! The clouds look like bewbs!

i have saw those a few times alway's before or after nader

TopDaugIn2000
5/7/2006, 07:30 PM
we obviously need all we can get, but my garden is about to drown. and my yard is gettin WAY too tall.

GottaHavePride
5/7/2006, 07:31 PM
My hops vines are happy, though. About 5" tall already. :D

TopDaugIn2000
5/7/2006, 07:32 PM
the maters seem to like it, they are growing big time and have a lot of blooms. everything else just seems to be dormant though. :(

oumartin
5/7/2006, 07:37 PM
you guys down my OKC probably won't get anything rough. but up here in nw. okla things don't look so promising.

King Crimson
5/7/2006, 07:40 PM
doesn't surprise me, just up the Gulf stream in Colorado we had 3 days straight of rainy 40-45 degree weather late last week.

Mongo
5/7/2006, 07:41 PM
My marijuana plants are happy, though. About 5' tall already.

Fixed:D

MamaMia
5/7/2006, 08:01 PM
for 3 days they were saying how tonight was gonna be clear and beautiful. then last night they come around and say we are gonna get some storms through the night. 40% chance. We didnt' get squat at 70% but by the looks of the radar we are gonna get hammered tonight! Good job OKC meteorologist.. you guys get worse by the dayGood. Thanks for the update. I just fertilized the clinic grass. I wish the people who own the property between us and Doc Benson would mow. Their disgraceful weed seeds are contaminating my lawn.

oumartin
5/7/2006, 08:12 PM
well, I just got off the phone with a meteorologist and he said these will make it into woodward area and they will severe.. gonna be a long night cuz they are moving really slow.

bigdsooner
5/7/2006, 08:12 PM
i saw the forecast earlier for tulsa and i mowed my in-laws yard then mowed mine. i hate my grass getting over a few inches tall so any free shot i get i take it.

oumartin
5/7/2006, 08:16 PM
i don't think you guys in tulsa area have to worry. but I am working tonight and one thing I hate is going out and starting equipment up in the freakin' lightning.

bigdsooner
5/7/2006, 08:20 PM
i don't think you guys in tulsa area have to worry. but I am working tonight and one thing I hate is going out and starting equipment up in the freakin' lightning.

dude, just send one of the goons out to start the equipment for ya, or do you work alone?

oumartin
5/7/2006, 08:23 PM
its a one man show out here my friend.. trust me. its nights like these that make this job suck.. most other times its pretty cushy. but you are hard pressed to find help if you have problems in the middle of the night. I only live 4 miles from work so I'm always getting called but I'm the only one that seems to wanna come out and help those in need.

opksooner
5/7/2006, 08:29 PM

They technical name of that formation is Cumulus Mammatous.

Mammatous -----> mammae -----> mammary -----> bewbs

bigdsooner
5/7/2006, 08:30 PM
i know this sounds kinda ghey but it seems to me that in a place like you describe, that there should be at least 2 people working. what if something happens to the lone employee

oumartin
5/7/2006, 08:32 PM
we have to check in every two hours but that still give you plenty of time to be dead. and half the time the people you are suppose to check in with don't pay attention if you call or not.
you're preachin' to the choir on this having more than one hand out here but thats the way they run this operation.

bigdsooner
5/7/2006, 08:42 PM
we have to check in every two hours but that still give you plenty of time to be dead. and half the time the people you are suppose to check in with don't pay attention if you call or not.
you're preachin' to the choir on this having more than one hand out here but thats the way they run this operation.

:D
seriously though, thats kinda fugg'd up. how long are the shifts?

oumartin
5/7/2006, 08:43 PM
12 hr. shifts!
we used to work some 14 and those were the suck

bigdsooner
5/7/2006, 08:57 PM
is it just the weekend shift thats solo? 14 hour shifts, better be some damn good cash for those type of hours

MamaMia
5/7/2006, 08:57 PM
well, I just got off the phone with a meteorologist and he said these will make it into woodward area and they will severe.. gonna be a long night cuz they are moving really slow.Okay then. I went out and swirled on my back yard bug killing granuales. I'm good to go. Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. :D

oumartin
5/7/2006, 09:00 PM
mom, not so much rain as deadly cloud to ground lightning, high winds and hail.
looks like the storm that kicked guymon in the butt will go south of us. but the one up in dodge city is taking dead aim.. probably arrive around 11 pm.

yes, its good money and we dont' have to pull 14's anymore...
get half the month off though. just seems it likes to storm when i work

bigdsooner
5/7/2006, 09:06 PM
half the month off, thats cool. be careful

oumartin
5/7/2006, 09:09 PM
thanks man, just got a glimmer of hope from the fox newstation.
he says it won't hit here until 1:00am IF it holds together.. please fall apart.!
please fall apart!

tulsaoilerfan
5/7/2006, 09:51 PM
earlier in the week, this past weekend was supposed to be nice and dry; wonder what happened there?

oumartin
5/7/2006, 09:59 PM
just goes to show you that the meteorologists dont' have much more clue than we do.. looks like this sucker is just gonna clip me.. hopefully it goes just about 5 miles south.

MamaMia
5/7/2006, 10:11 PM
:D
just goes to show you that the meteorologists dont' have much more clue than we do.. looks like this sucker is just gonna clip me.. hopefully it goes just about 5 miles south.
Well, I do have sprinklers. :D

The channel 9 weatherperson said that we will get a rainstorm at 10:58.

oumartin
5/7/2006, 11:33 PM
well, for those of you that might give an ounce. we are in the ending stages of this storm that blew through here. we got alot of lightning and its still lightning pretty decent. I 've had one power dip but nothing to bad. hopefully it stays this good..
thanks for your concern ;)

bigdsooner
5/7/2006, 11:50 PM
thats cool, but theres still time to be dead ;)

oumartin
5/7/2006, 11:52 PM
now thats just wrong! :D

bigdsooner
5/8/2006, 12:02 AM
look on the bright side, you wouldnt have to work alone anymore :D
j/k dude.

picasso
5/8/2006, 12:05 AM
well, for those of you that might give an ounce. we are in the ending stages of this storm that blew through here. we got alot of lightning and its still lightning pretty decent. I 've had one power dip but nothing to bad. hopefully it stays this good..
thanks for your concern ;)
do you have a power dip after eating a meal? my baseball buddies in college always tended to.

MamaMia
5/8/2006, 12:14 PM
I'm glad I dont have to pull out the sprinkler today.

Am I still on topic? If not just ignore me. My family does. I dont think they mean any harm. Its just that I'm in my own little world, which is fine because I like it that way. :)

KABOOKIE
5/8/2006, 12:26 PM
40% chance of storms means there's a 60% chance of NO STORMS!!! Duh! ;)

If it's so f'ing easy then look out the window biatches!

GottaHavePride
5/8/2006, 01:33 PM

Totally awesome. That was a good #14,000.