PDA

View Full Version : RRS

CrimsonChampion
5/7/2006, 07:10 PM
Sorry guys about blowing up the boards on my first visit but I had to get one more thing off my chest for now.

Texass finally wins against us and wins the big game in 36 years and now they're making it hard to keep the great tradition of the cotton bowl alive.

We've offered them to switch sides and all that good stuff, but i believe now that they've won one in 5 years against us and won the title they think they're too good to play us, just shows how smart they really are, we can beat them up and down the field for 10 years straight and double the amount of titles they have but just one title makes them think they're inferior.

Working problems out with Longhrons is pretty much like dealing with terrorists, there is no point, even though we have twice as many national championships, and have accomplished more than they will ever dream of, they will always feel they are the better dynasty when they aren't even a dynasty at all, just a good team that is a HUGE underachiever.

We will be in contention for our 8th title and a chance to tie our real foes, the Irish. I predict a Notre Dame-OU showdown soon, and we will finally be the real all time #1 after years of putting up with the longhorns of the world.
They will never recognize us as the best of all time but that is why they are texas and we are OKLAHOMA.

Got 7 anyone?.. How about 8? Because we sure as hell will within the next few years.

GottaHavePride
5/7/2006, 07:20 PM
1. The issues with the Cotton Bowl have been going on since way before the RRs last year - and most of the fault lands on the City of Dallas for not maintaining and upgrading the place.

2. Simmah down a little bit. ;) The offseason is usually reserved for poster vs. poster drama-queen antics and ridiculous post-padding on the South Oval. :D

SleestakSooner
5/7/2006, 08:59 PM
Simmah down a little bit. ;) The offseason is usually reserved for poster vs. poster drama-queen antics and ridiculous post-padding on the South Oval. :D

ROFL what would you know about post padding?:norm: supa :oink: :dolemite:

soonerthanu
5/7/2006, 09:12 PM
Pad Posting is for :twinkies:
:D

MamaMia
5/7/2006, 09:13 PM
Not to worry. This will all pass, beginning the second Saturday of October when we put those horns right back in their rightful place. We will continue to beat them each and every year, all the way through the moment that contract is up for renewal. I believe Dallas will make an effort to accomodate the RRR. If we keep beating the horns and Dallas does fix up the place but the horns still kill the Cotton Bowl tradition then they will look like the pansies that they are. They will be a national disgrace and their recruiting will take a hit the likes of which Tony Dorsett has never seen.

CrimsonChampion
5/7/2006, 09:15 PM
The Cotton Bowl does need to be fixed up, that's no argument, but everytime i step foot in that place it just feels like real football, old school, throwback, grit your teeth and stick a whorn in the mouth.

I love it.. but u can't hold it against the city of dallas for not wanting to keep a great tradition alive, it is their fault, they are idiots, and it's not their fault their idiots from texas... ok it is.. but it's nice that we're the good guys and offer our side of the field which has been ours since i can remember just so we can make those shibnoses happy.. i just can't believe it's even an issue for dallas to make that thing happen and continue, it should be a no brainer.. which brings me back to the one point, they have no brain, they're texans.. only smart texans are the ones that are sooners :)

StoopTroup
5/7/2006, 09:17 PM
Kick Texas out of the Big XII.

We don't need pompous troublemakers.

AzianSooner
5/7/2006, 10:31 PM
8th NC will come sooner than you expect. GO OU.

footballfanatic
5/8/2006, 10:26 AM
Texas provided the "bad cop" side of the equation. It took our clout to get Dallas to pay attention and get the thing fixed, while OU provided little or no pressure on Dallas to fix the stadium. And if Dallas doesn't get it fixed in three years, we are out of the cotton bowl, and possibly Dallas, as well. Dallas has to prove that they really value the RRS by making the facilities first-rate. They've been making a killing off the two schools, and it's time they fulfill their side of the bargain. Remember, we're only talking about the improvements they've ALREADY promised.

yermom
5/8/2006, 10:49 AM
Pad Posting is for :twinkies:
:D

yeah!

SleestakSooner
5/8/2006, 11:03 AM
Since it takes two to tango, so to speak, it seems erroneous for you to spout off about "it took our clout" when speaking as a Texass fan. Do you honestly feel Dallas would have listened any less if it were OU that complained the loudest?

Maybe we will stay in Dallas and just invite aTm to be our playing opponent every first week in October. I wouldn't mind not having to deal with that 12th man anymore.

Come down off your Broke Back high horse there buddy and realize both schools made this rivalry what it is and both have an equal hand in seeing to it that Dallas completes the rennovations we have been promised.

footballfanatic
5/8/2006, 12:09 PM
Since it takes two to tango, so to speak, it seems erroneous for you to spout off about "it took our clout" when speaking as a Texass fan. Do you honestly feel Dallas would have listened any less if it were OU that complained the loudest?

Maybe we will stay in Dallas and just invite aTm to be our playing opponent every first week in October. I wouldn't mind not having to deal with that 12th man anymore.

Come down off your Broke Back high horse there buddy and realize both schools made this rivalry what it is and both have an equal hand in seeing to it that Dallas completes the rennovations we have been promised.

Not saying Texas is more responsible for the rivalry. It absolutely takes two to make a great rivalry. Just saying that OU wasmore willing to work with Dallas, (as was often cited on these pages) while UT played hardball. Dallas has been getting away with a great deal for too long. You have to be ready to walk away if you really want to negotiate.

soonerinabilene
5/8/2006, 12:25 PM
i think that the reason we are more willing to work with dallas is because we dont really care what kind of shape the stadium is in. complaining about the seats being too small is pathetic, cuz at a game like that you should be on your feet the whole time anyway. as long as the field isnt dangerous to the players( like the vet in philly) then i dont care if they upgrade the facilities or not. im not there to enjoy luxury, im there to watch a smashmouth football rivalry play in a very unique setting. in other words, quit b*itching about being uncomfortable for 3 and 1/2 hours and enjoy the fact that you are one of the lucky ones that get to see it in person, and not have to watch it on tv.

footballfanatic
5/8/2006, 12:50 PM
i think that the reason we are more willing to work with dallas is because we dont really care what kind of shape the stadium is in. complaining about the seats being too small is pathetic, cuz at a game like that you should be on your feet the whole time anyway. as long as the field isnt dangerous to the players( like the vet in philly) then i dont care if they upgrade the facilities or not. im not there to enjoy luxury, im there to watch a smashmouth football rivalry play in a very unique setting. in other words, quit b*itching about being uncomfortable for 3 and 1/2 hours and enjoy the fact that you are one of the lucky ones that get to see it in person, and not have to watch it on tv.

The city of Dallas makes a killing off the visitors, while investing little or nothing in how the fans (and, of course, the schools) enjoy the experience. For the fans, it means more seating, better seating, modern toilet facilities, better parking. For the schools, it means being deprived of considerable more income which could be had in a stadium with better seating, box seats, luxury boxes, more seating, etc. While we, the average fan, don't care about the schools reaping more profit, it is this profit that allows them to field first class sporting facilities and programs. The city has dragged its feet for YEARS, taking advantage of the inequities. They DESERVE to lose the game, but the game will probably end up in the Cowboys new stadium. The home and home threats weren't pretty or fun, but they may have done the trick. As for OU playing the Aggies in Dallas--maybe they should do it, anyway. They probably wouldn't, as the loss of income for a home game is too great.

King Crimson
5/8/2006, 01:40 PM
Texas provided the "bad cop" side of the equation. It took our clout to get Dallas to pay attention and get the thing fixed, while OU provided little or no pressure on Dallas to fix the stadium. And if Dallas doesn't get it fixed in three years, we are out of the cotton bowl, and possibly Dallas, as well. Dallas has to prove that they really value the RRS by making the facilities first-rate. They've been making a killing off the two schools, and it's time they fulfill their side of the bargain. Remember, we're only talking about the improvements they've ALREADY promised.

translation: DeLoss needed someone to kiss his ring or he'd take his ball and go home.

tnobis60
5/8/2006, 02:11 PM
If OU is the king and all, how come Texas leads the RRS series 56-39-5, with a 44-35-4 edge in Dallas? So yes, you may have three more MNC than us, but when it comes to TX-OU, I believe we are the ones at the Top.

CrimsonChampion
5/8/2006, 02:27 PM
You got the edge on us for beating us before 1950, and nobody cares about that, goober.

Does anyone have the standings from 1950-present?

I honeslty only care about conference championships and ultimatly national championships, that's what people look for in the stat books, not how many times one team has beat another team, that's only brought up when they play one another, but if you asked me what I would rather have, more wins against texass, or more national championships and conf. championships, DUH!!

Just give me 8