PDA

View Full Version : Dane Zaslaw

CrimsonChampion
5/7/2006, 06:54 PM
I just noticed where he was arrested for public intox and public disturbance.

Bomar was caught with a beverage in his hands but not acting like a fool!
This guy was apparently offering anyone to fight and this kinda crap has no place in Norman. Has anyone heard about his punishment from Coach Stoops?
It ticks me off that guys that aren't even proven go out and make a bad name for themselves and ultimatly the team, I say do away with him, Coach Wilson said we may go without a fullback anyway.

Runnels was a class act, which is what OU stands for, we don't need that kinda garbage to disrupt our program.

soonerthanu
5/7/2006, 09:36 PM
I think kicking him off for getting stupid is kinda harsh, because then if anybody else did it they would have to get the same punishment.
Now if this is a habit for him by all means boot him.

sooneron
5/7/2006, 09:39 PM
Japan bombs Pearl Harbor!

oumartin
5/7/2006, 09:40 PM
i phoned Bob about this issue and he told me to mind my own business!

Collier11
5/7/2006, 09:49 PM
Wierd OUM, I talked to Bob just about an hour ago and he told me to quit being a baby and worrying so much, ouch!

OU-HSV
5/7/2006, 09:54 PM

This guy was apparently offering anyone to fight and this kinda crap has no place in Norman. Has anyone heard about his punishment from Coach Stoops?
It ticks me off that guys that aren't even proven go out and make a bad name for themselves and ultimatly the team, I say do away with him, Coach Wilson said we may go without a fullback anyway.

Runnels was a class act, which is what OU stands for, we don't need that kinda garbage to disrupt our program.
I don't know about everyone else...but it ****es me off when any of our players do this...proven or unproven. JMHO

usmc-sooner
5/7/2006, 10:03 PM

young kids at college will drink and fight, that's just the reality of things.

snp
5/7/2006, 10:03 PM
Whatta fresh topic. Drunk college kid tries to get in a fight.

Edit: beaten by seconds.

King Crimson
5/7/2006, 10:16 PM

don't you mean the Germans?

Jimminy Crimson
5/7/2006, 10:16 PM

You're kidding, right? :confused: :eek: ;)

SoonerDood
5/7/2006, 11:13 PM
no kid

soonertruth12
5/8/2006, 03:54 AM
i know him personnally and i know his dad....from what i heard the charges will be dropped shortly but dont expect ESPN to report that...we will see what happens but from what i know he wasnt doing the things that were reported...on the football side he is a good "on paper" athelete but has never reached his full potential hopefully he can put this behind him and hit some people on the field

King Crimson
5/8/2006, 04:36 AM
ESPN sucks. just say no. really. there are other net sources for information that are less self-referential and less tabloid. most of their on-air "talent" are just haircuts and a smile who spend more time talking about themselves than sports--and take themselves FAR too seriously. everytime i hear Gottleib on the radio refer to Bristol as "the campus" i fell like i've passed a socket wrench. it's kind of Stalinist the way they all play like ESPN is Sports Disneyland or some shizz...oh wait, it is!

David Earl
5/8/2006, 07:48 AM

Link?? :confused:

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2006, 08:57 AM
This guy was apparently offering anyone to fight and this kinda crap has no place in Norman. It ticks me off that guys that aren't even proven go out and make a bad name for themselves and ultimatly the team.

Noobie, take a chill pill...Its not the first time someone underaged will drink alcohol and not the last...Also, not the first time that someone hopped up on alky will think they are super-human...

True Story, I was at a camp at Michigan Tech when I was 14. My roommate was from Detroit and somehow got some alcohol and when I came back from the evening festivities, he was in the room drunk...He was quite a pleasant drunk, but he no longer had a sense of reality when it came to his physical prowess. He kept saying over and over he could "beat up ten truck drivers" now why truck drivers and why 10, I have no clue...I was able to quiet him down, but he went to the bathroom and decided to put boast into action and punch the wall. Not only did it make lots of sound that arroused attention, he also broke his hand...Needless to say in about 15 minutes, the RA was in our room, asked me to pack his bags and he was gone the next day. I had a room to myself for 2 weeks...

So, 'Champion, let ole Bob sort it out. I doubt Zane will make any more dumb decisions. If he does, Coach Stoops will take care of it. Zane's punishment will be worse than you fear, I bet...

CrimsonChampion
5/8/2006, 02:06 PM
I agree with all of you, I just feel that these guys should have a little better sense before they get into that situation. The Miami's and Nebraska's of the world seem to do well with these types of players, but not us. I just hope the team gets together and decides they're gonna keep their drunkeness to themselves lol.

I have a friend that was a linebacker at an naia school and he still to this day can't keep from flipping out when he drinks whiskey so I do understand that these guys are human, of course, only problem is when they mess up it all comes back to the program.

mizzOUstu702
5/8/2006, 03:09 PM
The Miami's and Nebraska's of the world seem to do well with these types of players, but not us.

You mean like the 7th Floor Crew?? Yeah, they handled that really well. Every school has their slew of problems off the field. Bobby does a great job of taking care of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_Floor_Crew

sooneron
5/8/2006, 03:15 PM
I'm glad the person that started this thread has never made a mistake. If he did, I hope he received the type of swift punishment that he recommends.

CrimsonChampion
5/8/2006, 05:54 PM
I'm glad the person that started this thread has never made a mistake. If he did, I hope he received the type of swift punishment that he recommends.

We've all made mistakes, but when it comes back to something that is greater than yourself, which in this incident is OU, you should know better.

OU-HSV
5/8/2006, 06:32 PM
Link?? :confused:
:D

usmc-sooner
5/8/2006, 07:15 PM
We've all made mistakes, but when it comes back to something that is greater than yourself, which in this incident is OU, you should know better.

he got drunk and felt like Billy Bad *** no big deal

One drunk kid is not going to tarnish OU's reputation. If that was the case there probably about 10,000 kids every Thursday, Friday and Saturday tarnishing the reputation of every school in the Nation.

snp
5/8/2006, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the Offseason. We can have a 2-page thread about a backup fullback.

It's better then some of the other boards I post at. Jorts and facebook are the hot topics there.

BASSooner
5/8/2006, 08:06 PM
im pretty thankful how clean OU is and with it's atheletes. i mean sure we've had some DUI's and stuff and academic issues but just be glad that we don't have to deal with what miami, fsu, tosu, and suc have to go through.

GottaHavePride
5/8/2006, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the Offseason. We can have a 2-page thread about a backup fullback.

It's better then some of the other boards I post at. Jorts and facebook are the hot topics there.

SoonerBoarder posts other places? Who knew?

GottaHavePride
5/8/2006, 08:19 PM
I have a friend that was a linebacker at an naia school and he still to this day can't keep from flipping out when he drinks whiskey

See, that's weird to me. Alcohol is alcohol. It's all the same. No one particular type of drink should affect you differently than any other type of drink. I mean, people finally figured out that even absinthe doesn't have any kind of weird hallucinogenic effects.

Collier11
5/9/2006, 12:21 AM
Ummm I disagree, if I drink hard liquor I am alot more prone to be testy towards idiots whereas when I drink beer or something like tequila I am calm as can be even when there are idiots around

Taxman71
5/9/2006, 01:49 PM
Red Bull and vodka turns me into Ozzy circa 1982. Beer makes me sleepy.

Dio
5/9/2006, 03:26 PM
Red Bull and vodka turns me into Ozzy circa 1982. Beer makes me sleepy.

Everybody keep your doves away from Taxman. ;)

Feel free to pee on the Alamo, though. :texan:

Taxman71
5/9/2006, 03:43 PM
Everybody keep your doves away from Taxman. ;)

Feel free to pee on the Alamo, though. :texan:

Now I would never snort a line of ants off an ice cream cone like Ozzy did with the Crue after a some RB&V, but I might take a bite of the cone.

The high you get from Courvoisier XO Imperial can only be described as comfortably numb.

CrimsonChampion
5/9/2006, 11:14 PM
alcohol is alcohol i agree, but u stick beer in this dudes face and he's a little more chill, but he gets on that whiskey and it's a whole different story, prolly just cus it's so strong and hits so hard and strong, hell i don't know, i just don't like bring around him when he gits r' done on whiskey cus i end up having to have his back in a squab

sooneron
5/10/2006, 09:09 AM
Sometimes young people need to be reminded of this. I'm sure Stoops and Schmidty are doing that.

Statalyzer
5/10/2006, 10:09 PM
I just noticed where he was arrested for public intox and public disturbance.....This guy was apparently offering anyone to fight and this kinda crap has no place in Norman.

Correct, if by "has no place in" you meant "gets you a medical redshirt in"

CrimsonChampion
5/10/2006, 10:14 PM
If he obides by the rules and gets help, and maintains a 3.7 gpa then it's all good. I'm sure ur reffering to Dusty.