PDA

View Full Version : Well, poop! My daughter's soccer team finished second in State

TUSooner
5/7/2006, 06:48 PM
and lost the championship game on a sudden death goal in the 2nd overtime. Blechhhh. And it poured down rain for most of the 2d half. Last year they lost in sudden death in the semis, so they're going in the right direction! :rolleyes: I gotta give these 14 yo girls a bunch of credit, though: They made it to the State Cup final and took the 3 time champs (a very good and classy Baton Rouge team, BTW) to the wire, after losing more than half the season to Katrina, and still having many of the girls in temporary homes and all that miserable stuff. They didn't even start practicing in February, and came a long way in 3 months, including beating the team that knocked them out last year. Just wait til next year!! :D

But I still wish they'd have won, because the ride home from Lafayette was a bummer. :mad:

sooner n houston
5/7/2006, 07:23 PM
Congrats to your daughter and her team! Thats one great season!

TUSooner
5/7/2006, 08:03 PM
The girls aren't in the mood for congratualtions; mine is still upstairs crying and moping. But thanks, they are a great bunch of kids who don't deserve to feel so rotten.

BajaOklahoma
5/7/2006, 08:57 PM
It's hard to watch them hurting. But she needs to think about all of the other teams that didn't make it to the finals.

chriscappel
5/7/2006, 08:58 PM
its better than third....

walkoffsooner
5/7/2006, 09:06 PM
Demand a steroid test.