PDA

View Full Version : What were we thinking........

Mrs. Norm
5/6/2006, 04:36 PM
when we told one of the boy's friends that he could stay with us ALL weekend? The other boy has been friends with Seth since they were both 2 years old. Now, they are competetive over everything!!! We took them to the zoo today, and if one of the wanted to go right, the other wanted to go left. One wanted to see one animal, the other wanted to see another. I don't think Norm is going to make it. He might start acting like :eddie: when they both hit the bed tonight.

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/6/2006, 04:38 PM
Norm can spend the night with me tonight if he wants.

Mrs. Norm
5/6/2006, 04:40 PM
Shhhhhhh......I don't want Norm even knowing about this. He will be gone in about 5 minutes.

soonerhubs
5/6/2006, 04:42 PM
Heh. You should just have them run windsprints until they get exhausted. Use the competitive nature to your advantage. :)

Or assign them chores by saying Seth does dishes better than you! :)

Mrs. Norm
5/6/2006, 04:45 PM
Next time Norm is on the board, ask him what it was like for a boy other than his own waking him up at 6:15 asking if he could brush his teeth? It started the day perfectly.

Norm In Norman
5/6/2006, 06:58 PM
Can I wear my pajamas with the footies?

It's like since they both don't have brothers they have to get a lifetime's worth of brother fighting out in one weekend.

The worst part is having to yell at the other boy. He evidently doesn't realize that I'm boss. This is all reminding me of why I dropped music/science ed in college. Death in the classroom isn't something that looks good on your resume.

Norm In Norman
5/6/2006, 07:01 PM
Great. I leave the room for 5 minutes and now we have to watch frickin' Sinbad. Well, I'm not watching it. I was going to make popcorn and everything, but now I don't have to because I'm not watching that crap. So actually, goodie for me.

Newbomb Turk
5/6/2006, 07:52 PM
He might start acting like :eddie: when they both hit the bed tonight.

don't drink and drive Norm. ;)

StoopTroup
5/6/2006, 07:54 PM
Great. I leave the room for 5 minutes and now we have to watch frickin' Sinbad. Well, I'm not watching it. I was going to make popcorn and everything, but now I don't have to because I'm not watching that crap. So actually, goodie for me.
What's wrong with Sinbad? :confused:

He's a pretty funny guy...:D

http://www.jacneed.com/PhotoFile/Sinbad.gif

tbl
5/6/2006, 08:51 PM
I remember those weekends... One night was fine. If you pulled the all weekend deal, best friends in the world would end up getting tired of each other.

Norm In Norman
5/6/2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah, but they started out bitching at each other. After the first hour, they weren't even playing together. I told them they could not play together in seperate houses and they started playing together again.

pb4ou
5/6/2006, 10:02 PM
I bet the other parents are having a great time. :D

Mrs. Norm
5/7/2006, 08:40 AM
UPDATE: We survived the 2nd night. They are now arguing over EVERYTHING! Both of them were sitting on the OU beanbag this morning and were complaining that one of them had more of it; They both wanted the same towel - the boy changed his mind and said that he didn't want the green towel, so the other boy said, I don't want it now either; you have to give me the other one because I'm your guest. God, the other parents better show up soon before Norm starts going off on them! Seriously!

StoopTroup
5/7/2006, 09:08 AM
We did the same thing you did only with girls.

After Church...there will be a big clean up.

I've got to remember to get gas for the Poulan gas powered blower on the way home.

LilSooner
5/7/2006, 09:52 AM
Seriously, I would start making them run wind sprints. I used to do that to my cousins when they got on my nerves. They still remember that now that they are teenagers they think its hillarious.

Just look at as you are building memories for the kiddos.

Mrs. Norm
5/7/2006, 12:28 PM
HE'S GONE....HE'S GONE!!!! Thank the good Lord. Of course, the parents said that they would be here "early in the morning", and they showed up at 12:10. We had to feed them lunch, which of course was a catastrophe. Norm had to clean up milk off of the floor. That made him very happy.

Oh well, we are now a happy, little family.

Norm In Norman
It's hard to do wind sprints in the rain. Well, messier at least.

He's gone. He lives with his grandparents. Quote form his grandma: "We'll pick him up early on Sunday." They got here at straight up noon.

Norm In Norman
HEY!

MamaMia
5/7/2006, 12:37 PM
It would have been a nice gesture on your part to make them the popcorn anyway, eventhough you werent going to join them for the Sinbab showing. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
5/7/2006, 12:40 PM
Invite the kid back when he becomes a teenager.

"You're hair always looks so nice Mrs. Norm."

Scott D
5/7/2006, 12:43 PM
sweatpantserection.comwned :D

Norm In Norman
5/7/2006, 12:51 PM
It would have been a nice gesture on your part to make them the popcorn anyway, eventhough you werent going to join them for the Sinbab showing. ;)
We just ate and sinbad is less than an hour and a half. Normally what I do is wait an hour then make popcorn. that works good on a 2+ hour movie, but not on a short movie. I wasn't going to give them popcorn right before they go to bed, and they wouldn't have eaten it right after they ate dinner. It was just bad timing for a short movie.

Now if the wife wanted to make popcorn then she could have and I wouldn't have cared as long as I didn't have to deal with them afterwards.

MamaMia
5/7/2006, 02:00 PM
We just ate and sinbad is less than an hour and a half. Normally what I do is wait an hour then make popcorn. that works good on a 2+ hour movie, but not on a short movie. I wasn't going to give them popcorn right before they go to bed, and they wouldn't have eaten it right after they ate dinner. It was just bad timing for a short movie.

Now if the wife wanted to make popcorn then she could have and I wouldn't have cared as long as I didn't have to deal with them afterwards.Have you ever noticed that when you ask "Who wants popcorn", that the ones who say "no thank you" eat some anyway? :D

pb4ou
5/7/2006, 08:21 PM
heh, <raises hand> that's me :rolleyes:

bigdsooner
5/7/2006, 08:38 PM
my youngest daughter had 2 of her soccer teamates stay the night last night, when one of em stays its always a good time but with the three of em here it was disaster. one girl started about an hour into the stay complaining that the other two wouldnt do what she wanted to do, and that they were ignoring her. she called her dad several times to come and get her, but he told her to stay here. i listened in most of the night and had to get onto em a couple times to share and play together. me and the wife decided that if there was gonna be more than one stay over, that it was gonna be at least 4 so that noone would feel left out

StoopTroup
5/7/2006, 10:37 PM
Invite the kid back when he becomes a teenager.

"You're hair always looks so nice Mrs. Norm."
HEH.

http://www.geocities.com/alcus2/eddiedoor.jpeg

Jimminy Crimson
5/7/2006, 10:43 PM
Maybe during this weekend, his parents worked on getting him a brother. ;)