PDA

View Full Version : Those bastage Mexican Blue Agave growers

BeetDigger
5/5/2006, 12:22 PM
About five years ago, they had some disease that they "claim" wiped out a bunch of the blue agave, thus resulting in large price increases. Now I understand that there is a "fungus" they are finding on the agave plants and they are trying to figure out what it is.

I can see another price increase on the horizon. Personally, I think it's all price manipulation. I think all of the blue agave farms have been purchased by retired oil executives who are well groomed in creating false shortages for the purpose of driving up prices.

Sooner in Tampa
5/5/2006, 12:30 PM
Everyone is trying to keep the man down.

OUDoc
5/5/2006, 12:38 PM
It's your own fault. Americans have ignored the growing dependence on the Agave, put no money into Agave research, and now we're paying the price. You should have seen something like this coming.

;)

49r
5/5/2006, 12:50 PM
why does Jesus hate tequila?

BeetDigger
5/5/2006, 12:51 PM
It's your own fault. Americans have ignored the growing dependence on the Agave, put no money into Agave research, and now we're paying the price. You should have seen something like this coming.

;)

Heh. I guess it's my own fault for liking tequila. Thank goodness vodka can be made from any number of grains or root vegetables.