PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Phil Collins?

soonerbrat
5/4/2006, 10:55 PM
I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think "Invisible Touch" is the group's undisputed masterpiece.

soonerbrat
5/4/2006, 10:57 PM
It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ***. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

soonerbrat
5/4/2006, 10:58 PM
Don't touch the watch.

SicEmBaylor
5/4/2006, 11:02 PM
Phil Collins rawks.

afs
5/4/2006, 11:04 PM
demented movie

yermom
5/4/2006, 11:05 PM
It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ***. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

go on...

soonerbrat
5/4/2006, 11:06 PM
twisted, but i love it.
Christian Bale is quite yummy

yermom
5/4/2006, 11:09 PM
i have meant to see it, but i just haven't gotten around to it

soonerbrat
5/4/2006, 11:09 PM
it's on scifi right now

soonerbrat
5/4/2006, 11:38 PM
I have to return some video tapes.

picasso
5/4/2006, 11:58 PM
No Reply at All kicks Invisible Touch's arse.

bri
5/5/2006, 12:03 AM
There was a Knight Rider marathon on Sci-Fi today. I've never been more ****ed at working than today. :mad:

proud gonzo
5/5/2006, 12:17 AM
An essay on Phil Collins and GenesisLet us commence a journey into the much travelled topic of Phil Collins and Genesis. I really, really like Phil Collins and Genesis. Remarkably Phil Collins and Genesis is heralded by shopkeepers and investment bankers alike, leading many to state that it is important to remember that �what goes up must come down.� The juxtapositioning of Phil Collins and Genesis with fundamental economic, social and political strategic conflict draws criticism from global commercial enterprises, who are likely to form a major stronghold in the inevitable battle for hearts and minds. Here begins my indepth analysis of the glourious subject of Phil Collins and Genesis.
Social Factors
Society is a simple word with a very complex definition. When J H Darcy said 'fevour will spread' [1] she, contrary to my learned colleague Sir George Allen�s recent publication �Into the eye of , could not have been referring to eighteenth century beliefs regarding society. More a melody to societies dysfunctions than a parody of the self, Phil Collins and Genesis helps to provide some sort of equilibrium in this world of ever changing, always yearning chaos.
Our post-literate society, more than ever before, relies upon Phil Collins and Genesis. Society is powered by peer pressure, one of the most powerful forces in the world. As long as peer pressure uses its power for good, Phil Collins and Genesis will have its place in society.
Economic Factors
Do we critique the markets, or do they in-fact critique us? We will begin by looking at the Custard-Not-Mustard model, a lovely model.
Transport Costs http://radioworldwide.gospelcom.net/essaygenerator/images/graph_down_4.gif
______________Phil Collins and Genesis

Indisputably there is a link. How can this be explained? Seemingly transport costs plays in increasingly important role in the market economy. What it all comes down to is money. Capitalists love Phil Collins and Genesis.
Political Factors
Modern politics owes much to the animal kingdom. Comparing Phil Collins and Genesis and much of what has been written of it can be like comparing Phil Collins and Genesisilisation, as it's become known, and one's own sense of morality.
It is always enlightening to consider the words of one of the great political analysts Odysseus H. Amster 'People in glass houses shouldn't through parties.' [2] What a fantastic quote. To paraphrase, the quote is saying 'Phil Collins and Genesis wins votes.' Simple as that.
Why did Phil Collins and Genesis cross the road? - To get to the other side! Just my little joke, but lets hope that Phil Collins and Genesis doesn't inspire similar hilarity in the next elections.Conclusion
In conclusion, Phil Collins and Genesis is both a need and a want. It questions, puts out 'fires', and most importantly it perseveres.
One final thought from the talented Elton Jackson: 'My Daddy loved Phil Collins and Genesis and his Daddy loved Phil Collins and Genesis.' [3]
[1] J H Darcy - The Spaniard - 1988 - PPT
[2] Amster - The Popular Vote - 2002 Worldwide Publishing
[3] My Phil Collins and Genesis! - Issue 4 - BFG Publishing

slickdawg
5/5/2006, 04:20 AM
I like Phil, he's done some really good work.