PDA

View Full Version : Thought you might enjoy this...

Hook 'Em Horns
5/4/2006, 05:07 PM
H00K EM H0RNS

You know you're from Oklahoma if...

1. It doesn't bother you to use an airport named for a man who died
in an plane crash.

2. You can properly pronounce Eufaula, Tecumseh, Okemah and
Chickasha.

3. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined
by the distance to the door but by the availability of shade.

4. You understand the difference between 3.2 and 6 point and more
than once you've made a beer run to another state.

5. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and
look for a funnel.

6. You are 100% Oklahoman if you have ever had this conversation:?
"You wanna Coke?"? "Yeah." "What kind?"? "Dr. Pepper."

7. "Vacation" means going to the family reunion.

8. You've seen all the biggest bands ten years after they were
popular.

9. You measure distance in minutes.

10. You use fix as a verb.? Example: "I am fixin' to go to the
store".

11. You think sexy lingerie is a tee shirt and boxer shorts.

12. The local paper covers national and international headlines on
one page, but requires 6 pages for sports.

13. You find 90 degrees F "a little warm."

14. You know all 4 seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and
Christmas.

15. You actually "get" these jokes and forward them to all your
friends from Oklahoma

JohnnyMack
5/4/2006, 05:16 PM
I thought maybe you were gonna tell us you were leaving forever.

Jello Biafra
5/4/2006, 05:21 PM
goll demm that was funny. i can't say i've ever seen those pfft.

so ill send some equally boring and well used facts for your dummazz:

1. florence jean castleberry is not only the "woman" that the world thinks of when someone mentions texas she was one of the most wealthy prostitutes in the history of the XXX games.

2. you pudmashers idolize a football player from OU who by some twist of fate was not hired by his ex-coach. man, if bud would have just hired him as an assistant. you guys would have sucked muuuuuch more than you do now.

3. your state is pockmarked full of strange houses that can be transported to and fro by merely hooking it up to a pick up truck with bumper stickers on the back winder that say "bud" and "sissy" (btw putting skirting around the bottom does not make it immune to tornados)

4. Are cigarettes free in texas? i mean, EVERYONE smokes. in a school zone in wichita falls i swear i saw a third grader puffing..........

5. Did you guys really win the war or battle because it seems that the war isn't over. i spent a weekend in padre island recently, i don't think a single person started a conversation with me in english. texico, it's like a whole nother country.......

thats all for now. ill be back in a pain pill induced tirade for your dumbass later.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/4/2006, 05:22 PM
Or quoting what his big loverboy says as he stands over him on all fours

Dances with Possums
5/4/2006, 05:42 PM
You know, I wonder what compels people to make comments like the one you just made, stoops the eternal pimp. I mean, why take it into the gutter? And what is with the obsession with homosexuality that I find on every single BBS that I visit, anyway?

Hook 'Em Horns
5/4/2006, 05:45 PM
goll demm that was funny. i can't say i've ever seen those pfft.

so ill send some equally boring and well used facts for your dummazz:

1. florence jean castleberry is not only the "woman" that the world thinks of when someone mentions texas she was one of the most wealthy prostitutes in the history of the XXX games.

2. you pudmashers idolize a football player from OU who by some twist of fate was not hired by his ex-coach. man, if bud would have just hired him as an assistant. you guys would have sucked muuuuuch more than you do now.

3. your state is pockmarked full of strange houses that can be transported to and fro by merely hooking it up to a pick up truck with bumper stickers on the back winder that say "bud" and "sissy" (btw putting skirting around the bottom does not make it immune to tornados)

4. Are cigarettes free in texas? i mean, EVERYONE smokes. in a school zone in wichita falls i swear i saw a third grader puffing..........

5. Did you guys really win the war or battle because it seems that the war isn't over. i spent a weekend in padre island recently, i don't think a single person started a conversation with me in english. texico, it's like a whole nother country.......

thats all for now. ill be back in a pain pill induced tirade for your dumbass later.

And you cheer for a team that get's the majority of it's best players, well used to any way, from Texas.

Jello Biafra
5/4/2006, 05:48 PM
You know, I wonder what compels people to make comments like the one you just made, stoops the eternal pimp. I mean, why take it into the gutter? And what is with the obsession with homosexuality that I find on every single BBS that I visit, anyway?

what? are you denying your sexuality? we know we know......you're not gay your boyfriend is right?

you're on our board dances with COCKtails........either live with it or

don't

Jello Biafra
5/4/2006, 05:50 PM
And you cheer for a team that get's the majority of it's best players, well used to any way, from Texas.

and???? we don't claim moral, physical, mental and social dominance do we?

we simply take the smart ones and turn them into champions.

you guys claim EVERYTHING is bigger (definately true of your mother)and better and richer and smarter in texas so why would you want an oklahoma coach???

King Crimson
5/4/2006, 06:05 PM
wow. is it 1999 again?

The Consumate Showman
5/4/2006, 06:25 PM
The worst part about Royal going to UT to coach is that they named their damned field after him.....I always thought that had to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen in college football, well, then VYRadio came along and I was proved different...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/4/2006, 06:41 PM

stop visiting

Octavian
5/4/2006, 07:46 PM

Yeah, he really "took it into the gutter" in a smack thread :rolleyes:

go away.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/4/2006, 08:06 PM
11. You think sexy lingerie is a tee shirt and boxer shorts.

Have you ever seen a sexy women in these...ummm I will take that over something i need an instruction manuel on how to remove anyday.

goingoneight
5/4/2006, 08:24 PM
Did someone forget that this is a college football rivalry?
Or that the Red River doesn't divide who is hot and who is not?
Or that we're people in Texas and in Oklahoma, therefore smoking third-graders is weird to us all?

XingTheRubicon
5/4/2006, 09:00 PM

You ignorant hick,

Take a wild guess which state has provided Oklahoma with the most All-Americans? Hint: It doesn't have an X in it.

I know you don't know what the word "majority" means, but if you could ask your uncle/dad or maybe someone at a bus stop it would be for the betterment of the entire board.

Hook 'Em Horns
5/4/2006, 09:08 PM
Someone from Oklahoma calling someone else a hick? Now that's funny!

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/4/2006, 09:10 PM
A Longhorn fan acting like they know what is funny...Now that is funny!

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/4/2006, 09:12 PM
And what is with the obsession with homosexuality that I find on every single BBS that I visit, anyway?

This is ironic coming from a school that Gay Publications call one of the most perfect places to attend :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

XingTheRubicon
5/4/2006, 09:26 PM

Even people in West Virginia know what the term "majority" means.

Here's some examples:

5 out of 6 (majority)

7 out of 11 (majority)

I'll give you a couple of weeks to figure out what those numbers mean...

All_Day_28
5/4/2006, 09:39 PM
Even people in West Virginia know what the term "majority" means.

Here's some examples:

5 out of 6 (majority)

7 out of 11 (majority)

I'll give you a couple of weeks to figure out what those numbers mean...
http://www.youngmoneyweb.com/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gifhttp://www.youngmoneyweb.com/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gifhttp://www.youngmoneyweb.com/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gifhttp://www.youngmoneyweb.com/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif

C&CDean
5/4/2006, 10:19 PM

Go **** up a rope whorn. 10 days in the hoosegow. One more popoff, and you get life. Go ahead, make my day.

bigdsooner
5/4/2006, 10:30 PM
Go **** up a rope whorn. 10 days in the hoosegow. One more popoff, and you get life. Go ahead, make my day.

:D

MamaMia
5/4/2006, 10:45 PM
I can realate to that list.

I was watching the weather channel yesterday. A guest of our great state did a report on some weather going on in Altus. He pronounced it as "All-tus." :)

Rhino
5/4/2006, 11:04 PM
The amount of discussion of football in the thread is overwhelming.

crimson&cream
5/4/2006, 11:38 PM
Yep we get the smart players that don't want to go Longwhoren U, besides you can only have 85 total of the thousands of athletes Texmex produces. I guess you think you should be able to tell them where to go college, oh I forgot Longswhoren's dont' know the meaning of the word college. I guess it's hard to swallow the best coach Texmex ever had was an Okie.LOL
BTW........GOT SEVEN? we DO!!!!!!!! NC,NC,NC,NC,NC,NC,NC. geez why don't those great TEXMEX FB players do that for Longwhoren U...what was it 30 yrs between NC's for you all.. I think we won 4 NC's in that time period.Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

SOFSooner
5/5/2006, 09:46 AM
Except for the name of the towns, I think you are describing a short horn alsoHook 'em

shavedmarmoset
5/5/2006, 12:49 PM

There are three Heisman winners for OU from the state of Oklahoma. Our other Heisman was earned by Billy Simms who, while he grew up in Hooks, Texas, is originally from St. Louis.

OUMonster
5/5/2006, 01:13 PM
Other than #'s 1, 2, and 4 how does that list not apply to Texas?

What about someone from Texas doing it?

silverwheels
5/5/2006, 01:25 PM

Just means that we kick your *** with your own players because they didn't want to play for Texas.

Soonerwolf
5/5/2006, 01:25 PM

True, OU does get good to great players from the state of Texas. Why, just ask Adrian Peterson when chose OU over UT. Wasn't it something like OU makes all of thier players better . . .

U of Saxet gets plenty of great Texas state talent, but why haven't they been in the MNC game more than OU?

:twinkies: for thought Hook 'em :texan: Hook 'em

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2006, 01:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/xLuk3x/16932553684374d27b86c1d2.gif

tbl
5/5/2006, 01:45 PM
Why are these saxeT morans even allowed to post here? Let them reply to Sooner started threads, MAYBE, but they should never be allowed to post new threads... Faigs.

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2006, 01:49 PM
Why are these saxeT morans even allowed to post here? Let them reply to Sooner started threads, MAYBE, but they should never be allowed to post new threads... Faigs.

Thats actually not a bad idea, NLHTST :D

opksooner
5/5/2006, 01:51 PM
And you cheer for a team that get's the majority of it's best players, who are tickled to death to get the Hell out, from Texas.

There, I fixed it for ya.

TexasLidig8r
5/5/2006, 01:59 PM

That would certainly be the first step to becoming the new texags.com.

One of the things that make this website unique to other college teams' boards is the laissez faire attitude toward posters, especially posters from other schools. The thinking is the board for the most part will police itself with the High Sheriffs only being required to step in for the more egregious high crimes and misdemeanors.

To regulate it by implementing a series of petty rules and regulations would detract from what this board is. You have or had (?) your No Longhorn Tuesday... no Resident Horn complained about that... you have more heavy handed baning practices for Horns than Sooners.

In short if a Horn posts something you don't like, then, reply and call him out on it. In other words, fight your own fight and don't rely on the High Sheriffs to fight them for you.

tbl
5/5/2006, 02:29 PM
In if a shortHorn posts something you don't like, then, reply and call him out on it. In other words, fight your own fight and don't rely on the High Sheriffs to fight them for you.

I love men in a grexual way. Hook them.

Hey ambulance chaser... go start another thread with these amazing insights. ;)

I was posting it tongue in cheeck, b/c I know it would never happen. You guys are pretty good at making yourselves look stupid, so post on, soul glo.

Scott D
5/5/2006, 02:39 PM

you're starting to go soft old man. :dean:

goodonya
5/5/2006, 03:03 PM
hookem, er, scooter you just don't seem to get the point after all these years. It doesn't matter one iota where the players come from to get to OU. Heck, we've had all americans from more states than you can recite. The only thing that matters is that when they leave they are all Sooners. OU fans are simply not trapped in the same degree of "statism" that UT fans are. In fact, UT does not even get all the Texas kids due to other Texas schools. This whole line of "yeah, but where do your players come from" is simply the result of a victim mentality.

Your type of UT fan must have an excuse for everything inclulding, and particularly, losing. It is very convenient to claim that if UT had all the players it wanted there would be no losing to OU. This is the same tact that is taken when it comes to NC's. It's always "OU cheated on 6 of 7". Again, there always has to be a reason that UT lags behind or fails. That's necessary because how else would you explain how a university in a state with 1/6 of the population and 1/4 the geographic area could compete with and best in many cases THE Texas university? There's always an excuse and no accountability from most of the UT fans. I guess it's just always been easier to deny than to accept.

Jello Biafra
5/5/2006, 05:13 PM
In short if a Horn posts something you don't like, then, reply and call him out on it. In other words, fight your own fight and don't rely on the High Sheriffs to fight them for you.

i've called you out multiple times and you seemed to be skeered er something........ whatever. shut up and go away brownie hound.
happy cinko dimayo to all you texicans.........

BTW, we have won 4 butkus awards.......2 to oklahoma boys and 2 to the same guy but he despises texas so what are you gonna do?

sims spends as much time as possible in this state and bozworth thinks you guys are all a bunch of chocolate starfish eaters.....