PDA

View Full Version : Damion James

william_brasky
5/4/2006, 12:09 PM
is seriously considering going to play ball at Hook 'em from what I've been hearing.

Talk about a kick in the nuts.

SoonerObsession
5/4/2006, 02:12 PM
Might as well. I already hate him.

OUstud
5/4/2006, 03:31 PM
The worst part is, I can't even blame him. Our future is an alley-oop, question is, is the guy going up for it Taj Gray or Michael Cano?

oumartin
5/4/2006, 03:47 PM
i heard he got his butt handed to him in a game of one on one with nate carter

Harry Beanbag
5/4/2006, 06:41 PM
i heard he got his butt handed to him in a game of one on one with nate carter

:D

vBulletin Message

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

lufkinaggie07
5/4/2006, 06:55 PM
Actually James was in College Station, word on the street is he's coming to aTm.

Collier11
5/4/2006, 07:03 PM
Might as well. I already hate him.

Why wouldnt you, the kid wants what is best for him in what is probably the biggest decision of his young life, what a piece of crap :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
5/5/2006, 10:08 AM
I doubt any land in the Big XII and only one of the four are qualified.

okienole3
5/5/2006, 10:14 AM
I doubt any land in the Big XII and only one of the four are qualified.

yeah and kejuan is gonna get drafted. :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
5/5/2006, 10:22 AM
yeah and kejuan is gonna get drafted. :rolleyes:Dude, quit sniffing my jock. Noles=Sooners beeches, k? When one (myself) has posted on a message board for darn near seven years, there's bound to be one or two predictions that don't pan out, noob.

Grimey
5/5/2006, 10:36 AM
if they land anywhere but OU, they are going on my sh*t list. Scotty especially. Right now their status is pending...

boomersooner28
5/5/2006, 12:19 PM
if they land anywhere but OU, they are going on my sh*t list. Scotty especially. Right now their status is pending...

I agree. Not gonna say one bad word till they officially sign elsewhere. I still like all 3 of them at this point and they could very easily make me LOVE them if they would re-honor their commitment.

Soonerwolf
5/5/2006, 12:47 PM
Actually James was in College Station, word on the street is he's coming to aTm.

On what street are you talking about???

I can't fault 17-18 year old kids for getting cold feet once the coach they thought they would play for leaves. With Sampson's track record with talented players, who is to say they would not have gone elsewhere after one season under KS (e.g. Alexander, Lavender, Foust, etc . . .)

I do fault them for not giving the new OU coach a chance before bailing. At least with coach Capel's pedigree, the very best Oklahoma talent may be kept from going to Duke, NC, or Kansas.

Hook 'em :twinkies: :eek:

Grimey
5/5/2006, 02:10 PM
does Kelvin have any openings on his roster? just curious... I did hear an interview he did with someone on the Animal where he said "those kids need to stay at Oklahoma and honor their commitments"

okienole3
5/5/2006, 08:29 PM
Dude, quit sniffing my jock. Noles=Sooners beeches, k? When one (myself) has posted on a message board for darn near seven years, there's bound to be one or two predictions that don't pan out, noob.

Am I supposed to be impressed that you have been posting for 7 years?:rolleyes: By the way, I graduated from OU.

birddog
5/5/2006, 09:17 PM
i think he's just saying that the likelihood of him being wrong on a prediction is much greater after 7 years than say, 2 weeks. i could be wrong though. we'll wait for confirmation.

Collier11
5/5/2006, 09:21 PM
I think he is just blowing smoke to hear himself

okienole3
5/6/2006, 09:06 AM
I think he is just blowing smoke to hear himself

me or him?

stoopified
5/6/2006, 10:00 AM
On what street are you talking about???

I do fault them for not giving the new OU coach a chance before bailing. At least with coach Capel's pedigree, the very best Oklahoma talent may be kept from going to Duke, NC, or Kansas.

Hook 'em :twinkies: :eek:
Not to pick nits but Lavender and Alexander both left AFTER their so. season.

Big Red Ron
5/6/2006, 10:31 AM
Am I supposed to be impressed that you have been posting for 7 years?:rolleyes: By the way, I graduated from OU.Wooo, you graduated from OU, like about 75% of the posters on this board, including myself. :twinkies:

I see your comprehension skills weren't honed very well while at OU (musta been a Journalism major). The seven years comment was in reference to how many predictions I've made over the years not to "impress" anyone.

Besides, I made that comment about Kejuan before I even knew he wasn't invited to the combine.

Big Red Ron
5/6/2006, 10:32 AM
me or him?:rolleyes: Damion James you tard.

soonersin07
5/7/2006, 09:14 PM
James released the 3 schools he plans to visit, looking very unlikely he'll end up honoring his commitment to OU. excerpt from the article (rivals.com, Arizona homepage):

Since his departure with Oklahoma the phone has been ringing off the wall at Nacogdoches High. "I really want to visit Arizona, Texas and Texas A&M," added James. "Where ever I feel comfortable and have fun is where I am going."

But don't forget the wild cards in this recruiting game and James holds the cards. "I will also look at Florida and Ohio State."

Big Red Ron
5/7/2006, 09:33 PM
James released the 3 schools he plans to visit, looking very unlikely he'll end up honoring his commitment to OU. excerpt from the article (rivals.com, Arizona homepage):

Since his departure with Oklahoma the phone has been ringing off the wall at Nacogdoches High. "I really want to visit Arizona, Texas and Texas A&M," added James. "Where ever I feel comfortable and have fun is where I am going."

But don't forget the wild cards in this recruiting game and James holds the cards. "I will also look at Florida and Ohio State."Wow, I thought someone said they would only be released if they didn't attend anothe Big XII school.

soonersin07
5/7/2006, 09:49 PM
Wow, I thought someone said they would only be released if they didn't attend anothe Big XII school.

Most times a LOI doesn't hold stipulations like that. It's transfers that are barred from going to certain schools if the university decides to do so.

SleestakSooner
5/7/2006, 09:57 PM
He goes to a different Big XII school and I will squawk and flap at him all game long just like...
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/stjs/non-sport/the-hawk-300.jpg

birddog
5/8/2006, 12:08 AM
so, i guess james and reynolds don't really want to play on the same team anymore? i thought that was what they were looking to do. of course, it's been said that the only way they could play on the same team is if they came here. strange how things can change so quickly. also, i wonder where reynolds will end up? last i heard was g'town.

SoonerShark
5/8/2006, 07:31 AM
If they do not end up here, it appears as if Kelvin may have stolen millions of dollars and a lot of enjoyment from us when he left so late in the game, but early enough for the players to still have full recruiting options. Very sad. In a related story, Kelvin has left his wife for Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima. The pair was spotted together for the first time at the Starbucks in sunny Bloomington, IN,

OUstud
5/8/2006, 04:26 PM
This is so frustrating.

jccouger
5/8/2006, 04:32 PM
I will probably end up hating whatever teams these recruits go to.

SoonerShark
5/8/2006, 05:51 PM
I will probably end up hating whatever teams these recruits go to.

We will be booing them if they play in Norman, but I fully expect UT, A&M and OSU to sweep us next year with the few folks we have on campus, so it won't matter.

OUstud
5/8/2006, 07:37 PM
I have a strange feeling that this year will be like watching Blake's teams. I do have hope for the future if he can recruit though.

Taxman71
5/9/2006, 09:20 AM
I have a strange feeling that this year will be like watching Blake's teams. I do have hope for the future if he can recruit though.

Let's hope there is not a twister mat on the sideline next year.

poke4christ
5/10/2006, 01:24 PM
He's going to be working out with John Lucas (Senior). Probably talking about where he should go. You guys should know that OSU is on his list too.

Zach

SoonerShark
5/10/2006, 02:13 PM
He's going to be working out with John Lucas (Senior). Probably talking about where he should go. You guys should know that OSU is on his list too.

Zach

He will be working out with Cowboy booster John Lucas, Sr.? Hmm.....probation may be in OSU's future.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/10/2006, 03:25 PM
He will be working out with Cowboy booster John Lucas, Sr.? Hmm.....probation may be in OSU's future.

Yeah and I heard that Leinart's dad offered to get him an apartment. :D

The only time probation isn't in OSU's future is when it is in their present...

OUstud
5/10/2006, 06:52 PM
Let's hope there is not a twister mat on the sideline next year.

What was the story on that?

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 07:00 PM
"Poke4christ" Is that like your name or whatcha do?

OKC-SLC
5/10/2006, 08:50 PM
"Poke4christ" Is that like your name or whatcha do?
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Big Red Ron again

Taxman71
5/11/2006, 08:41 AM
What was the story on that?

Refers to John Blake's method of lining up the special teams on the sideline.

badger
5/11/2006, 09:09 PM
if they don't want to play here, let em go. I think we have a great new coach to build a program around - he doesn't mess around with guys, and he could be another Coach K... a Coach K that doesn't look like a Keebler elf, mind you.

william_brasky
5/15/2006, 12:46 PM
well, it seems that it's down to UT and aTm for DJ.

The Consumate Showman
5/15/2006, 09:46 PM
I hope he gets academically disqualified....sorry..i'm bitter :mad: :confused: :( :D

Grimey
5/16/2006, 08:59 AM
well, it seems that it's down to UT and aTm for DJ.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!:mad:

Grimey
5/23/2006, 09:12 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hook 'em Hook 'em

footballfanatic
5/23/2006, 09:26 AM
Guy made the right decision. Left a struggling program for a solid one. You can't fault him. Plus. with all of the defections from UT, he has plenty of opportunity to make an impact. Additionally, he can't help but notice that Barnes has been sending guys to the pros with regularity. Still, I don't think you'll have to worry about him for too long. If he's as good as they say, (and you have been saying he is very good) he won't stay in the college game for over two years.

Mjcpr
5/23/2006, 09:27 AM
Guy made the right decision. Left a struggling program for a solid one.

:rolleyes:

Tell us how it feels around February.

crawfish
5/23/2006, 09:41 AM
Guy made the right decision. Left a struggling program for a solid one. You can't fault him. Plus. with all of the defections from UT, he has plenty of opportunity to make an impact. Additionally, he can't help but notice that Barnes has been sending guys to the pros with regularity. Still, I don't think you'll have to worry about him for too long. If he's as good as they say, (and you have been saying he is very good) he won't stay in the college game for over two years.

He left an unknown situation for a known one. Face it...if Sampson was still here he'd be going to OU with a smile on his face, despite the lack of players Sampson has sent to the pros.

UT could struggle next year, too. Lots of new faces, little experience or established leadership. It'd be hilarious if we beat you twice...

footballfanatic
5/23/2006, 10:56 AM
He left an unknown situation for a known one. Face it...if Sampson was still here he'd be going to OU with a smile on his face, despite the lack of players Sampson has sent to the pros.

UT could struggle next year, too. Lots of new faces, little experience or established leadership. It'd be hilarious if we beat you twice...

Sampson was the difference maker. UT will struggle next year, for sure. Probably not as much as OU, though.

footballfanatic
5/23/2006, 11:00 AM
:rolleyes:

Tell us how it feels around February.

I want to clairify my remarks. By "struggling," I meant "without Sampson."
Obviously, the program is having hard times, but if Sampson had stayed, James would have, as well.
I heard on the radio that James was the recipent of many of these 500 phone calls. That's probably a double reason for you to dislike him.

Don't know why Ou will have markedly improved by February. UT's new up-tempo attack with the three new stars should be formidable, if raw.

Mjcpr
5/23/2006, 01:46 PM
Don't know why Ou will have markedly improved by February. UT's new up-tempo attack with the three new stars should be formidable, if raw.

I didn't say anything about OU, it's because you will be in the same boat. You'll have new starters across the board, you'll struggle.

But whatever. Hook 'em

crawfish
5/23/2006, 02:13 PM
Sampson was the difference maker. UT will struggle next year, for sure. Probably not as much as OU, though.

That will depend on Capel, obviously.

Much like OSU's was last year...

SoonerShark
5/23/2006, 03:17 PM

The reason we are struggling is because of James and his turncoat sisters, Mayfield and Reynolds. If they had been here we would have been more like Fab Five Michigan, which did well the players' first year.

footballfanatic
5/23/2006, 03:26 PM
The reason we are struggling is because of James and his turncoat sisters, Mayfield and Reynolds. If they had been here we would have been more like Fab Five Michigan, which did well the players' first year.

You are not struggling because of James, Mayfield and Reynolds. You are struggling because a coach personally recruited players, then left the program for what he considered a higher profile job. All responsibility lies with him, not the players.
They were victimized by broken promises.

sooner518
5/23/2006, 03:45 PM
You are not struggling because of James, Mayfield and Reynolds. You are struggling because a coach personally recruited players, then left the program for what he considered a higher profile job. All responsibility lies with him, not the players.

so OU wasnt victimized by broken promises (broken LOI's) as well?

I dont hate these guys, but Im not happy with them, and I would boo them if I got the chance.

footballfanatic
5/23/2006, 03:48 PM

College coaches, in general, have it made. Yes, they have to produce, but the ones from the really big schools always walk away with big payouts, no matter how their teams perform. Add in their monies from deals, speaking engagements, and salary, they make out like bandits, while the players are expected to bring big paydays to the schools, and get little in return. It's a sordid affair, with lots of "student" athletes left in the dust. And yes, some athletes can take advantage of the opportunity and get a good education, but mostly the system is designed for them to study their sport. Female athletes do much better with much higher graduation rates.

Mjcpr
5/23/2006, 04:23 PM
Female athletes do much better with much higher graduation rates.

Unfortunately, they suck at being able to support their programs financially.

SoonerShark
5/23/2006, 04:54 PM

Kelvin does not sign their diplomas does he?

footballfanatic
5/23/2006, 05:39 PM
Kelvin does not sign their diplomas does he?

Not sure I understand the question. Are you saying they passed on getting an education? They can get diplomas at different schools, but they can't get coaching from Sampson at OU.