PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone's customer service use English speaking people anymore?

usmc-sooner
5/4/2006, 10:24 AM
I'm trying to get my mileage plus crap worked out with United Airlines. I've been on hold for 3 hours. I finally get hold of someone to tell him that my flight was delayed for 7 hours and the United said they would give me bonus frequent flyer miles to make it up to me.
Well I finally get hold of someone (surprise the guy is from India) I spend about 7 minutes relaying the message of how I was held up in the airport for 7 hours and missed some of the things I was flying for in the first place. He asks me to hold and comes back wanting to know the future date at which I will be traveling with United. I'm like WTF how can you not know what I'm talking about. I repeatedly ask for someone who speaks and understands English, he refuses saying he speaks and understands English. Although I have to spell everything and then respell everything using the Phonetic alphabet you know that's L as in Lima, A as in Alpha, B as in Bravo, C as in Charlie this **** blows my damn mind.

I'm more frustrated dealing with this guy than I was being delayed in the airport for 7 hours.

Any suggestions? I've already got another trip reserved on United which has been much better than Frontier or Delta.

slickdawg
5/4/2006, 10:25 AM
No, they don't.

Sounds a lot like my experience with Delta a few weeks ago.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/4/2006, 10:27 AM
Quit flying United...they're craptacular. You know my choice of airlines...At least when you call, you get an American and the CEO of CAL, L. Kellner has said he would not offshore customer service. Delta and United and others I believe do employ Indians to do this. My friend a Delta 2 Million Miler hates dealing with their C. S. now...

OCUDad
5/4/2006, 10:27 AM
Ask to speak with his supervisor. Tell him that despite his wonderful language skills, you need to make special arrangements that need supervisor approval. The supervisor will speak better (but still bad) English.

usmc-sooner
5/4/2006, 10:28 AM
makes me want to punch a 7-11 worker

thank you, come again

well they ended up giving me 2000 mileage plus miles. But damn what I had to go through to get it.

mdklatt
5/4/2006, 10:31 AM
I had the reverse experience six years ago with British Airways. I started off with a voice menu featuring some British chick that sounded like Catherine Zeta Jones and said "shedule" and everything, and ended up talking to some F'in Hillbilly in the US: "Thank ya fer callin' British Airways; can I hep ya?" It was quite jarring. :D

Partial Qualifier
5/4/2006, 10:59 AM
Why do you hate Djarkrahmunuputi Khlauneptarinka?

Tailwind
5/4/2006, 11:34 AM
Cuz they don't talk right. :D

PhxSooner
5/4/2006, 11:38 AM
I wonder if Amazon outsources their late night help. I called about an order one night, and it was clear that I was on an international call. Absolutely no help at all, since the chick couldn't understand what I was calling about.:mad: What part of "what is this charge for?" hard to understand?

skycat
5/4/2006, 11:39 AM
You should just be glad that you got to talk to a human being.

mrowl
5/4/2006, 11:40 AM
like said above, American Airlines still employs Americans in US call centers.

Tailwind
5/4/2006, 11:41 AM
Netzero must outsource too. They are very polite and don't understand a damn thing you say.....nor I them.

slickdawg
5/4/2006, 11:42 AM
Why do you hate Djarkrahmunuputi Khlauneptarinka?

Because HE LIED TO ME AND SAID HIS NAME WAS BOB@!!@$#!$!$

mdklatt
5/4/2006, 11:45 AM
Because HE LIED TO ME AND SAID HIS NAME WAS BOB@!!@$#!$!$

He wasn't lying. That's a common nickname for Bobwirishnanvarkram.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/4/2006, 11:52 AM
I wondered the same thing when I called American Express.

Hatfield
5/4/2006, 11:54 AM
What part of "what is this charge for?" hard to understand?

first of all you shouldn't end your sentence in a preposition....

1stTimeCaller
5/4/2006, 12:12 PM
I'm not xenophobic I just have an abnormal fear or hatred of foreign people and/or things.

SoonerInKCMO
5/4/2006, 12:13 PM
You fools actually call customer service?!?!

Crackheads.

boomersooner28
5/4/2006, 12:20 PM
Hey, there is a website that a guy started that has unlisted phone numbers to alot of major companies so that you can talk to someone from the states. I don't remember the website address, but I did find this:

http://www.tollfreenumber.org/forum/post-184.html

There is a number for United about 40 from the bottom.