PDA

View Full Version : Its been pouring since midnight

Okla-homey
5/4/2006, 06:19 AM
I'm talking Noah-esque. Flooding. Lightning. The TV news folks report many hillbillies stranded who drove into door handle depth standing water.

Broken Arrow is now a port.

Help from FEMA has not been requested.

That is all.

mrowl
5/4/2006, 06:30 AM
but are the school buses flooded yet? ;)

Okla-homey
5/4/2006, 06:32 AM

I think they are safe atop one of our many beautiful hills.;)

Readyfor8
5/4/2006, 07:50 AM

LIES AND SLANDER... Tulsa has no hills.

IB4OU2
5/4/2006, 07:59 AM
We had 3.25 inches of rain at the IB4OU2 ranch in Perkins and we lost one of our huge Oak trees. The wind blew and twisted it into....:mad:

OU-HSV
5/4/2006, 08:01 AM
So they're parked up there by those water towers on 71st street eh? :D

soonerbrat
5/4/2006, 08:09 AM
had a helluva storm here last night

OklahomaTuba
5/4/2006, 08:15 AM

Yup!

Seems the mayor of Chocolate City made his way to Tulsa at some point.

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/05/09/08/kat-buses.jpg

Sooner in Tampa
5/4/2006, 08:20 AM
They just said on Fox that T-Town has flooding.

That sucks.

Oldnslo
5/4/2006, 10:18 AM
LIES AND SLANDER... Tulsa has no hills.
Want to come up for a bike ride?

JohnnyMack
5/4/2006, 10:20 AM
I'll take all the rain we can get.

Pricetag
5/4/2006, 10:22 AM
They were saying on the news this morning that we got at least 6 inches out where we are. I heard the news helicopters buzzing overhead this morning.

The onslaught awoke my wife and I. I couldn't believe that it was able to rain as hard as it did for as long as it did. We were lucky--there was some fairly serious flooding just a mile north of us.

walkoffsooner
5/4/2006, 10:44 AM
I bet you can cook outside now.

boomersooner28
5/4/2006, 12:39 PM
Last night was SCARY! Me, my wife, and 2 other couples that we work with went out last night. We heard the storm move in, but didn't think much about it (by the way we live in Broken Arrow where it rained 5-6 inches in 3 hours).

When we were on the way home, we came to a place in the road that was wayyyy underwater, and I wasn't going to chance it (we were in a 4X4 SUV). So , I turn around and try a different route. Same story, only this time it was raining sheets and I couldn't see as we were driving through the high water. Finally, I get to higher ground and another SUV pulls up beside me, he said he couldnt get home. I wait there for a minute hoping it would let up, when I see another vehicle straight ahead coming our way, so I am thinking it must not be that bad ahead of us. WRONG! The truck that was heading our way pulled into a housing addition before it got to us and I found out why. As I pulled forward the water probably came to the top of my tires and I had to drive through it for a while. I then pulled in to the same housing addition because it was on higher ground. The guy in the truck was sitting there so I stopped to talk to him. He was a Channed 6 storm spotter and told me ha had never seen anything like this.

So, I end up following him out, back the same way I had come. I see 2 Tulsa police cars going the way to my house, so I decide to follow them. We drive through a lot of water before we meet 2 other patrol cars and a fire truck that is resuing someone and they have the road blocked. I turn around and decide to head back to the highway. We make it to the Creek Turnpike, and it was fine until I hit my exit. When I get near the toll both at my exit I see nothing but running water. This is my only shot to get home, so I actualy drove over the median because it looked more shallow on the other side, and had to haul *** thru some rushing water, somehow we made it. There was another car stalled on the other side of it. We still had to drive through more water to get home and it was NOT fun. It was a very scary situation. Bad flooding.

boomersooner28
5/4/2006, 12:46 PM
And here you can find some video of a high water rescue as the lady in the helicopter makes fun of and laughs at the guy being rescued. :eek:

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/main.asp

oumartin
5/4/2006, 01:23 PM
funny thing, We've had 60% chances the last two days here and not a drop has fallen