PDA

View Full Version : ** NBA Playoffs Thread **

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scott D
5/3/2006, 06:02 PM
Dang I miss OT being around for these.

Hopefully we put away the team responsible for the NBA banning those stupid tights next season. Half the damn Bucks wear em and look dumb...especially Kukoc and Bogut.

dolemitesooner
5/3/2006, 11:28 PM
I just got done watching game 6 of the wizards/ cav series Scott. Refer to my Lebron thread.

Ohh on the tight thing. I dont see what the problem with guys wearing them is man. They can help medicaly. The nba needs to quit being little bitchs about this whole dress code thing.

Scott D
5/4/2006, 07:45 AM
I just got done watching game 6 of the wizards/ cav series Scott. Refer to my Lebron thread.

Ohh on the tight thing. I dont see what the problem with guys wearing them is man. They can help medicaly. The nba needs to quit being little bitchs about this whole dress code thing.

clearly you haven't seen the Bucks.

dolemitesooner
5/4/2006, 02:34 PM
I have seen the bucks. Live and in person. I saw them play against the Hornets here in Okc. I think ford and bogut were wearing them.

What is the big deal?

hurricane'bone
5/6/2006, 11:37 PM
The big deal is when Toni f'n Kukoc is doing something you know its gone to far.

I've really been impressed with the playoffs so far. As much as it pains me, I think the Mavs will lose to the Spurs.

Sometimes I wish the first round would go back to five games, those fast series were awesome, not only because of the time frame but the way that teams would play. Should be some exciting semi-finals, I think the Nets can give the Heat a run, Bron-Bron might win the Cavs a game or two but not a series against the Pistons.

Oh and Dick Bevetta somehow screwed up and a home team lost a critcal game he was calling. It was Bizzaro NBA.

hurricane'bone
5/7/2006, 02:31 PM
I hate Bruce "The Rapist" Bowen

Scott D
5/7/2006, 04:38 PM
Lebron is a witness to an asswhuppin ;)

sanantoniosooner
5/7/2006, 04:45 PM
I hate Bruce "The Rapist" Bowen
Big fan of Ray "The Whiner" Allen?

Figures.

jk the sooner fan
5/7/2006, 05:13 PM
no way can dallas win every game they play in the barn, but if they have to lose, today would be how i'd feel ok about it

we played SA close and to the end, i like our chances

hurricane'bone
5/7/2006, 05:39 PM
Big fan of Ray "The Whiner" Allen?

Figures.

Ah...no.

Bowen could get away with raping a player on the court and they wouldn't call a foul against him.

GrapevineSooner
5/7/2006, 10:25 PM
Ah...no.

Bowen could get away with raping a player on the court and they wouldn't call a foul against him.

Actually they would.

Bowen would still complain about it, just like he does after every single call that goes against him. ;)

Duncan, too. And Ginobli. :D

GrapevineSooner
5/7/2006, 10:26 PM
no way can dallas win every game they play in the barn, but if they have to lose, today would be how i'd feel ok about it

we played SA close and to the end, i like our chances

The reasons we lost today are completely correctable. And I have all the faith in the world that the Little General will make those necessary corrections to ensure this series comes back to Dallas tied 1-1.

sanantoniosooner
5/7/2006, 10:35 PM
you better win one in SA.

You can bet the Spurs will take one home from Dallas.

BeetDigger
5/8/2006, 09:29 AM
Everybody marvels at how the defense gets so much better in the playoffs. Personally, I think that the refs just swallow their whistles in the playoffs. It's the team that can push the envelope the most that wins.

GrapevineSooner
5/9/2006, 09:04 PM
Open letter to the refs in tonight's Mavericks-Spurs game,

We're not going to have a chance to win if you don't let us play defense against Tim Duncan.

Furthermore, it would be nice if you would call a foul on Timmy when he knocks one of our players to floor. I know he'll tell you he's never committed a foul in his career.

But don't believe him.

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 09:06 PM
What was the T on the LG for?

I couldn't tell...

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 09:08 PM
Oh and...as good as Reggie Miller was as a player...don't really like him as an announcer.

sanantoniosooner
5/9/2006, 09:12 PM
http://www.duke.edu/~rjs18/images/boohoo.JPG

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 09:18 PM
I like men.

We know.

You don't have to tell us.

sanantoniosooner
5/9/2006, 09:21 PM
We know.

You don't have to tell us.
quote farking.........elementary techique for a noob to try and fit in.

8 for effort

4 for execution

Scott D
5/9/2006, 09:24 PM
dammit, where is my punch and pie

That's how you do quality.

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 09:25 PM
Except...I'm not a noob and I really don't give a damn about trying to fit in.

Why is TNT pumping the same song down our throats that the NFL Network did during superbowl week?

sanantoniosooner
5/9/2006, 09:27 PM
49 posts says noob unless you're a name hopper.

Scott D
5/9/2006, 09:29 PM
Except...I'm not a noob and I really don't give a damn about trying to fit in.

Why is TNT pumping the same song down our throats that the NFL Network did during superbowl week?

because marketing is overrated.

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 09:29 PM
ooo...name hopper...I feel so dirty.

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 09:30 PM
because marketing is overrated.

Yeah..but there's thousands of crappy songs out there...you think they could find a different one...I swear if during the WCF they have people holding signs with the percentages from the song up I'm going to gouge my eyes out.

jk the sooner fan
5/9/2006, 09:44 PM
has tim duncan ever just accepted a foul call? i mean, without any theatrics...without the hands palm up and that look of "what? me?"

c'mon tim, just raise your hand and stfu....just once, i dare you

hurricane bone reminds me of OverTime.......just sayin

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 09:50 PM
OH NO! I've been outed.

sanantoniosooner
5/9/2006, 09:51 PM
has tim duncan ever just accepted a foul call? i mean, without any theatrics...without the hands palm up and that look of "what? me?"

c'mon tim, just raise your hand and stfu....just once, i dare you

hurricane bone reminds me of OverTime.......just sayin
jk the backstabber.

Don't even pretend you used to live here.

jk the sooner fan
5/9/2006, 09:56 PM
i just call it like i see it

sanantoniosooner
5/9/2006, 10:01 PM
while smoking a Cuban?

sanantoniosooner
5/9/2006, 10:40 PM
Reggie Miller does suck at commentating

hurricane'bone
5/9/2006, 10:43 PM
OK...that should have been a charge.

sanantoniosooner
5/9/2006, 10:45 PM
The refs have sucked both ways, but you usually expect home cooking in the NBA.

GrapevineSooner
5/10/2006, 10:40 AM
Tim Duncan's coming out with a new line of bakery products.

It's called Duncan Whines. ;)

BeetDigger
5/10/2006, 10:48 AM
The refs have sucked both ways, but you usually expect home cooking in the NBA.

One does expect some home cooking in the NBA. I was surprised that the judgement calls went the way of the Mavs. However, Tricky Nicky did SA no favors getting tossed. A 22 point loss is a lot to think about for four days.

However, him getting tossed allowed SA's third point guard to play. I went to a Mavs summer league game a couple years ago. They played the China national team. That dude played for the Mavs. I thought he looked good. Glad to see he found a spot. DJ Mbenga played for the summer league too. He looked awsome. You could tell that he was going to find a spot on the Mavs. He was just too athletic.

NormanPride
5/10/2006, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry... are Dallas fans actually complaining about last night? You guys sound like a bunch of babies. ;) Win by 20+ and still complain about the refs. They sucked last night, but not JUST against you guys. There is no way a playoff game should have 80 foul shots, period. EIGHTY. We got killed on the offensive boards because we're playing a small lineup, and that led to a crapload of extra shots by Dallas, which usually means a really bad loss for us. :(

I hate games the refs slow down, but you guys made the right adjustments. Personally, I thought Pop should have recognized the pace and played more for the inside game. It also didn't help that our only rebounding presence (that we played) had a crapload of fouls early. But that's the way some of these games go.

BeetDigger
5/10/2006, 11:36 AM
Not me, I'm not complaining. And I am not a Dallas "Fan". I hope that they win, but I am not a fan of theirs. I was just objectively discussing the calls and thought that Dallas did get the benefit. Usually, that goes to the home team.

NormanPride
5/10/2006, 11:52 AM
Well, they shot 6 more foul shots, but had one more personal foul. I noticed that Barry had 5... usually it's a bad game for us when he gets a bunch, because that means they're calling the crap fouls. I've never thought that our guards were very good at drawing fouls.. Gino is most of the time, but he's been off his game all season. Just not the same player he was last year...

GrapevineSooner
5/13/2006, 09:20 PM
The Spurs have officially supplanted the Utah Jazz as the team that flops the most in the NBA.

GrapevineSooner
5/13/2006, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry... are Dallas fans actually complaining about last night?

Early on I was. As the game progressed, the Spurs got their share of bad calls as well.

GrapevineSooner
5/13/2006, 09:39 PM
Mentally, Dallas is making mistakes tonight that are reminiscent of the 2001 and 2003 Mavericks.

And that's unacceptable.

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 09:47 PM
no......it's acceptable :D

GrapevineSooner
5/13/2006, 09:47 PM
Hubie will go on and on about how Timmy's 5th foul was a questionable call.

But when Duncan gets to go to the line where there's essentially no contact against Damp...

Silence.

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 09:48 PM
Bowen should get an assist for that last basket

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 09:49 PM
Hubie will go on and on about how Timmy's 5th foul was a questionable call.

But when Duncan gets to go to the line where there's essentially no contact against Damp...

Silence.
Don't act like it doesn't go both ways.

GrapevineSooner
5/13/2006, 09:58 PM
Duncan complains after a foul call.

OK, in fairness that was a bad call.

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 09:59 PM
Duncan didn't foul Dirk. Dirk turned his ankle and bit the dust.

HOMER.

GrapevineSooner
5/13/2006, 10:03 PM
How did Stack get that one to go?

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 10:04 PM
He was looking for the foul and got the points instead

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 10:08 PM
heck of a game......still in doubt

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 10:13 PM
what an ugly end on both sides

GrapevineSooner
5/13/2006, 10:14 PM
exhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale.

Now that Horry missed that last shot.

jk the sooner fan
5/13/2006, 10:29 PM
phew, great win.....tough close game, we need game 4 in the worst way

hurricane'bone
5/13/2006, 10:39 PM
Now Listen, when you've got a SanAntonioSooner, you expect him to only talk about how a Tim Duncan gets no star treatment and that calls go both ways. You are thoroughly enjoying the ball game that is going on, ,but can't get his better than you talking out of your mind. Just like that, the game is over, and you cannot believe that he continues to go on like this.

[/hubie]

sanantoniosooner
5/13/2006, 11:45 PM
thanks bone.

You make no sense but your input is appreciated.

GrapevineSooner
5/14/2006, 12:05 AM
Actually, I haven't really heard SAS rail on the 'Duncan doesn't get the star treatment'.

He usually just responds to my over the top missives about how the Mavs don't get any respect from the refs. :D

sanantoniosooner
5/14/2006, 12:10 AM
I don't whine about the "no respect" thing that a lot of Spurs fans go on and on about, though I do think it's more than just a theory.

The refs have called poorly both ways. It's just typical for NBA that you usually get home cooking and it didn't seem like it to me in the first two games.

jk the sooner fan
5/14/2006, 12:21 AM
i learned that spurs fans are probably.....as a group, one of the most arrogant fan bases there are for a pro team......san antonio is a one horse town....not that its a bad thing, they support that team like they should

my question......for sas, how is the fan base handling this series? are you officially worried? or do you think "no sweat, we've got this in the bag, dallas will choke and submit to our greatness"

which is it? i'd love to know.......

Scott D
5/14/2006, 12:25 AM
thanks bone.

You make no sense but your input is appreciated.

he forgot the [hubie] at the beginning.

sanantoniosooner
5/14/2006, 12:28 AM
is there nothing between "no problem" and "gloom and doom"?

I'm still confident, but that doesn't mean that is wont come down to the wire.

I don't know that I agee with the Spurs fans being the most arrogant. I would would the Cowboys, Lakers and Yankees fans light years ahead of Spurs fans.

The fans can be stupid, like any fanbase. The Spurs haven't looked that good all year and yet had one of the best regualar seasons ever.

Until the Spurs face elimination, I think the monkey is on the Mavs back.

sanantoniosooner
5/14/2006, 12:29 AM
he forgot the [hubie] at the beginning.
I got that it was a hubie impersonation. I just don't make a connection between the rambling in it and me.

Scott D
5/14/2006, 12:34 AM
read it a couple of times and think of it with a Hubie Brown voice, it'll come to you.

sanantoniosooner
5/14/2006, 08:50 AM
I tried. I only hear it in Mr. Burns voice.

hurricane'bone
5/14/2006, 12:23 PM
Now see, this is where a sanantoniosooner can hurt you, while he has TREMENDOUS comedy upside, he can't wrap his head around a simple joke at this point. But with someone like a bri or a scottd on the roster, they should be allright. While a scottd can get any joke he wants, a sanantoniosooner has to force his and often comes up short.

sanantoniosooner
5/14/2006, 12:57 PM
[Mr Burns]eggggggselent[/Mr Burns}

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 01:24 PM
The Spurs got jobbed by the refs.

GrapevineSooner
5/14/2006, 02:43 PM
The Spurs got jobbed by the refs.
Heh.

They had their chance to win with 7 seconds left.

And then with 2 ticks left after Stack's boneheaded play at the line.

Sure, Duncan's 6th foul was bogus. But the refs returned the favor a few plays later when J-Ho was called for a foul on a clean block.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 03:02 PM
Dirk was what 3 for 10 from the floor but score almost 30 points.:rolleyes: All five starters for the Spurs had at least four fouls? Bad officiating.

GrapevineSooner
5/14/2006, 05:06 PM
And those facts prove conclusively the fix was in. :rolleyes:

This comment reminds me of the same kind of comments Mavs fans during the Nellie era made, wondering why a jump shooting team wasn't getting to the line as often as their opponent that was taking it to the bucket consistently.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 05:40 PM
I'm no Spurs fan, Dallas either, I'm a Hornets/Bulls fan but I know bad officiating whe I see it.

I'm not saying the fix was in, but those officials were consistantly making bad calls.

FroggyStyle22
5/14/2006, 06:05 PM
I'm no Spurs fan, Dallas either, I'm a Hornets/Bulls fan but I know bad officiating whe I see it.

I'm not saying the fix was in, but those officials were consistantly making bad calls.

Welcome to the NBA.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the NBA.Well, I've been a fan of the NBA since the late 80's and the officiating has steadily declined since.

hurricane'bone
5/14/2006, 06:13 PM
You've been a fan of the NBA since the late 80's and you say you are a bulls/hornets fan...imagine that.

Did you start to follow baseball in the mid 90's and are a Yankees fan?

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 06:16 PM
You've been a fan of the NBA since the late 80's and you say you are a bulls/hornets fan...imagine that.

Did you start to follow baseball in the mid 90's and are a Yankees fan?MLBaseball sucks. Yes, I started watching the NBA because of Jordan, of course so did most NBA fans my age. I'm not really all that old. I'm a Hornets fan because they are our team should I not be?

hurricane'bone
5/14/2006, 06:19 PM
They aren't my team.

Oh and..thanks for calling me a fag.

Big Red Ron
5/14/2006, 06:21 PM
Isn't that what your screen name implies?

hurricane'bone
5/14/2006, 06:57 PM
Uh...no.

Here a two month old story to make you feel at home (http://www.nba.com/games/20060301/NOKLAC/recap.html?rss=true)

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 09:36 AM
I dedicate my new avatar to this thread. ;)

Great win Saturday. I was lucky enough to attend.

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2006, 09:40 AM
you lucky bastard you

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 09:51 AM
got tickets the day they went on sale at 10:00. $23.00 a ticket to sit in the corner, upper level, 8th row. Little high, but you can't beat $56 for two playoff tickets. And a win. :D

Planning on doing the same thing for game 6, if necessary :D

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 10:18 AM
Couple good bits during the game:

1. "The Manu Flop" Video - sung to the tune of The Monster Mash, complete with 30 secs worth of Manu flops. Hilarious.

2. "Momma, Don't Let Your Babies Grow up to be Spurs Fans" sung by a cartoon dirk. Awesome.

3. Southpark intro, but with mavs players and Avery. Looked funny, but voices were too high pitched to tell what was going on.

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2006, 10:36 AM
nice avatar from the Dirk "out of control sprung an ankle so we must call a foul" play.

:D

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 10:44 AM
nice avatar from the Dirk "out of control sprung an ankle so we must call a foul" play.

Looked like a foul from the nosebleeds. :D

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2006, 10:47 AM
Dirk is awesome.

That said, he is like a bull in a china closet when he drives the lane. A foul has to be called on somebody, because he is flailing like an overboard 5 year old.

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 10:50 AM
Dirk is awesome.

That said, he is like a bull in a china closet when he drives the lane. A foul has to be called on somebody, because he is flailing like an overboard 5 year old.

True and true. Half the time, I don't even thinking he's trying to make the shot. He just throws his hands up.

Kinda like when Duncan has trouble making a layup. The ref thinks "Well, he made it, but it looked like he had a little trouble. Better blow the whistle." :D

NormanPride
5/15/2006, 02:41 PM
This series infuriates me, and not because we're losing. Honestly I didn't feel too bad after this last game. After getting jobbed that bad on the road and only losing by 1? Not bad.

Anyone who looks at 21 of Dirk's 27 coming from the line and thinks "That's normal" is a complete homer. Well... nothing really wrong with that, I guess. :D I admit Timmy gets his fair share of calls, and Manu flops like a champ, but neither do it so much that it changes the face of the game (with the possible exception of Manu on a crazy/stupid night). That night, however, was pathetic. Two games in a row with 80+ foul shots in the PLAYOFFS. Unacceptable.

The refs are dictating this series, period, and the fact that you guys shot 20 less shots than us and still won is proof. Were the shoe on the other foot I would say the exact same thing, because I hate games with craploads of fouls. Boring, long, and annoying.

Right now, I don't think this series is exciting. I've actually watched very little of the games after seeing how the refs were handling them (yes, the first one as well). Hopefully the refs will finally swallow their whistles and the series can be determined like it should - by the players.

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 03:00 PM
I agree that the refs need to swallow the whistles, but this series has been exciting.

NormanPride
5/15/2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I can see that, I just prefer the playoffs to be less whistle-intensive. The games are killed for me if there's too much interference from the zebras. :( Same goes for Sooner Basketball, really.

Scott D
5/15/2006, 06:16 PM
from the clips I saw earlier today it looks like Dirk has been watching a lot of tape on Manu.

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 07:18 PM
from the clips I saw earlier today it looks like Dirk has been watching a lot of tape on Manu.

It'll take years before people can make that comparison.

Big Red Ron
5/15/2006, 07:21 PM
It'll take years before people can make that comparison.Well, he's certainly on the right path. ;)

dolemitesooner
5/15/2006, 08:53 PM
Lebron

NormanPride
5/15/2006, 11:45 PM
An improvement! Only 60 foul shots in regulation... Though, Van Exel with 5 in 7 minutes playing time makes me wonder... and why the hell would you call a touch foul with 8.5 left in the 4th? That completely takes it out of the players' hands. What if Dallas had hit a 3? Then the game would be over there.

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2006, 11:48 PM
For the second time San Antonio has tried(successful once already) to give the game away with a pathetic turnover as the game nears the end. They aren't playing like champions.

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 11:50 PM
back to back turnovers by the Mavs aren't helping in OT either.

Mavs - 117
SA - 116
2:00 OT

F you Big shot Bob :mad: :O

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 11:51 PM
Terry has been huge tonight.

great game no matter what happens.

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2006, 11:51 PM
turnovers due to good defense is one thing, and both teams have had those.

San Antonio has been careless.

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 11:52 PM
turnovers due to good defense is one thing, and both teams have had those.

San Antonio has been careless.

yeah, Spurs get back in transition very well.

I swear, if Finely hits a shot to win the game, I'll die.

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 11:54 PM
HUGE rainbow shot by Terry!!!!!!

Mavs - 123
Spurs - 118
0:38 OT

If any sports fan has a TV on and it's not on this game, there is something wrong with you. This is what NBA basketball is all about. Two heavyweights slugging it out.

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2006, 11:55 PM
is whats about to happen what i thinks about to happen? :)

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2006, 11:55 PM
San Antonio lost one game on an inbounds play and could lose this one also due to the same thing. By being careless.

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 11:56 PM
Or good inbounds defense. :D

Don't give the Mavs credit or anything ;)

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 11:57 PM
What the hell was that?? I know they don't want to foul Terry or Dirk, but they just wasted 20 seconds. Amazing.

Mavs - 123
Spurs - 118

Final

I can't belive we are up 3-1. What an unbelievable game.

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2006, 11:57 PM
Their mistakes weren't do to good defense.

sanantoniosooner
5/15/2006, 11:58 PM
I still say San Antonio takes one in Dallas.

For Dallas to win, it will be in 7 in San Antonio.

jk the sooner fan
Mavs up 3-1 over the spurs....WOOT!!!!!!!!!

hurricane'bone
Holy ****ing ****

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 12:00 AM

Forcing that inbounds into the corner to Finley wasn't good defense? He had to get rid of it because the Mavs played good inbound D for 4 seconds.

Anyways, great game. Both teams played amazing. Mavs weathered the early storm and came back to win it. Can't wait for Wed.

hurricane'bone
5/16/2006, 12:01 AM

http://www.duke.edu/~rjs18/images/boohoo.JPG

:twinkies:

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 12:03 AM
Now we get to hear Barkley say the only reason the Mavs won because the Refs suck.

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2006, 12:03 AM
The Spurs had a slow developing play and the inbounds pass was awful.

I'm not saying defense wasn't there. It was was still about carelessness.

Chuck grilling the officials right now.

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2006, 12:04 AM
Now we get to hear Barkley say the only reason the Mavs won because the Refs suck.
Chuck didn't give the defense the credit?:D

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 12:08 AM
Now we're celebrating too much after the win? Kenny and Charles can suck it. What does Charles know about celebrating? That invisible ring on his finger must be awfully heavy.

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2006, 12:10 AM
You guys haven't been there before.......it's easy to understand why you'd be all giddy a little early :D

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 12:12 AM
You guys haven't been there before.......it's easy to understand why you'd be all giddy a little early :D

Yep. I've watched this team win under 20 games a season. Celebrate all they want. They know when to get down to business.

I'll be out of pocket on Wed. Too bad, the banter is fun.

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2006, 12:13 AM
The banter didn't happen until the game was almost over.

methinks Mavs fans don't wan't to jinx it.

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 12:15 AM
Nah, I was watching with my girlfriend until she headed to bed near the end. Decided to jump on to see if anyone was talking about it.

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2006, 12:20 AM
Well, I got an attitude about the Spurs choking when the game is on the line in this series. I think the pressure is still on Dallas as much as on the Spurs. In 2 games in Dallas, the Spurs "should" have won both games. If they hold serve at home and finally get over that hump in Dallas, it goes seven to San Antonio.

My attitude is that the Spurs don't deserve to win the series, but if they beat Dallas 3 straight, there's no doubt they will have earned. it.

At this point Dallas has earned it, but San Antonio has put a bow on some critical points.

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 12:27 AM
Well, I got an attitude about the Spurs choking when the game is on the line in this series. I think the pressure is still on Dallas as much as on the Spurs. In 2 games in Dallas, the Spurs "should" have won both games. If they hold serve at home and finally get over that hump in Dallas, it goes seven to San Antonio.

My attitude is that the Spurs don't deserve to win the series, but if they beat Dallas 3 straight, there's no doubt they will have earned. it.

At this point Dallas has earned it, but San Antonio has put a bow on some critical points.

Good points.

It's gonna be fun.

mrowl
5/16/2006, 05:49 AM
that was fun, I stayed up and watched the whole thing. Great game, I did think it was over when the spurs came back from 8 down, but the Mavs still pulled it out.

And what was that crap at the end? Did SA forget that they need a possession to score points?

And Tim Duncan is the biggest whiner - cry baby - p***y in the game. I have never seen a player throw his hands up and beg an official as much as he does.

Sooner95
5/16/2006, 07:24 AM
Man, looks like them Spurs are almost done.

Mavs are on a mission.

Nice job to Clev for not caving in, they've made that series interesting.

Nets have rolled over and died, not sure what happened thier, think they got bitten by the same bug the other Jersey conterpart (Devils) did..

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 07:37 AM
that was fun, I stayed up and watched the whole thing. Great game, I did think it was over when the spurs came back from 8 down, but the Mavs still pulled it out.

And what was that crap at the end? Did SA forget that they need a possession to score points?

And Tim Duncan is the biggest whiner - cry baby - p***y in the game. I have never seen a player throw his hands up and beg an official as much as he does.

I agree.

Dirk has some whine in his game too, but Duncan takes it to another level.

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2006, 08:01 AM
When you are a big man you look for consistency in calls. What was a foul a minute ago isn't a foul now. And I saw plenty of scowls on Mavs faces last night too.

The whining about Duncan smells of rival fan. Almost all the players lobby the refs however they see fit. With a championship on the line and such crappy refing, I'd be expressing myself too.

mrowl
5/16/2006, 08:11 AM
one of the many reasons I can't watch the NBA is the officiating. I never can figure out what is a foul, and what is not.

Duncan knows that it will be inconsistent. It will always be. And he isn't getting the calls like he used to for the past 10 years. The officiating has gotten to be a little bit more fair.

Yes, there were Mavs players that were not happy with a call. but I never saw them go up to the official with his hands up in a shrug, and his head lowered down to the refs head so he can get real close and beg. (looking for picture)

The mavs used to whine A LOT about calls, and I thought that sucked, now, they don't.

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2006, 08:21 AM
The final result is what's important. If the lobbying pays off, then it was worth it.

If it hurts you then you screwed up. I couldn't care less if the Spurs are perceived as whiney or boring when they keep chalking up championships. I don't know if I'd watch any NBA if the local team didn't show so much character and portray themselves as such good role models. The Spurs are the model franchise in ALL pro leagues according to most experts.

A little issue like "whining" is just fodder for the rivals.

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 09:01 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/adc5b9aa-44a3-4f2d-bc28-f462f7316311.jpg

Like this Mrowl? ;)

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 09:03 AM
Here it is:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/05b4199d-60c1-4588-9a35-5aa5bb362ac0.jpg

mrowl
5/16/2006, 09:06 AM
lmao.... yeah... colley nailed. it.

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 09:10 AM
This is the first picture when you GIS time duncan:

http://www.icicom.up.pt/blog/quarto-arbitro/arquivos/tim%20duncan%20frente%20aos%20suns.jpg

;)

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah, Duncan whined his way to 8 foul shots. :rolleyes: Face it, you guys are overreacting to a player jokeying the refs just like any other. Nowitski got 15 shots from the charity stripe last night but you don't see any Spurs fans on here complaining about it. You guys need to learn how to win with class. :D

I liked this game more, but I still hate the officials. I just wish they'd BUTT OUT! As I said earlier, Dirk's foul with 8.5 to go is a perfect description of this entire series: too much decided at the foul line. Then in OT, Dampier fouls out on a touch down low. Let me repeat that.

Erick Dampier fouled out in overtime on an off-ball touch foul in the paint.

That is ludicrous, and another perfect example of how the refs have marred this series beyond all recognition. I know the two teams are evenly matched, and I know Dallas has the youth edge, but I can't see it as much from the games, because so much is changed with the calls.

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 10:13 AM
We're just giving Duncan a hard time.

And it's not just on his fouls. He goes to with the whiny act any time a player on his team gets fouled :D

GrapevineSooner
5/16/2006, 10:16 AM
My .02,

I'll admit that Spurs fans will have a valid point regarding the officiating after this one. Bad calls went both ways. But the most crucial blown calls went against San Antonio.

That having been said, the Spurs, and not the refs, gave up 100+ points in regulation for the second consecutive game to a Dallas team that has reined in it's tendency to jack up three pointers at will.

This is not the same team that won the championship in 2003 and 2005. Not even close.

And that, combined with a maturing Dallas team that has shown the intestinal fortitude to win tough, close playoff games, is the primary reason they are down 3-1 in this series.

I couldn't care less if the Spurs are perceived as whiney or boring when they keep chalking up championships.

Fair point.

I don't know if I'd watch any NBA if the local team didn't show so much character and portray themselves as such good role models. The Spurs are the model franchise in ALL pro leagues according to most experts.

Something they should certainly be commended for. I'd rather have a whiny team than a dirty team.

If you'd just get rid of Bowen, you'd be a squeaky clean team. ;)

A little issue like "whining" is just fodder for the rivals.

But you can't dismiss this issue so easily.

It's one thing when you're branded a whiny team but you still overcome it. Right now, they're whining and using it as a bit of an excuse for being down in this series, like Duncan has.

mrowl
5/16/2006, 10:22 AM
ATTN Spurs Fans:

We are giving Duncan a hard time because he is a whiny p**s.

YES there are bad calls in all 4 games
YES Tim Duncan is a GREAT player
YES the spurs have won championships
YES the spurs have a great model to follow

But the rest of the country is laughing at Tim Duncans crying. :D

JohnnyMack
5/16/2006, 11:08 AM
one of the many reasons I can't watch the NBA is the officiating. I never can figure out what is a foul, and what is not.

Exactly. Totally inconsistent. Basketball can be taken over by a single ref with an agenda/bad attitude/just got done fighting with his wife, faster than any other sport.

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 11:19 AM
I seriously don't see it. He doesn't do any more ref jockeying than other ref jockeys. He's just bigger. Every team has a ref jockey, and ours just happens to be Tim.

Oh, and the officiating is a very large reason we're down in this series. Game 3 was gift-wrapped, no question.

I also noticed that we were out-shot this past game, and wondered why... Usually it's just the offensive rebounding margin (which is a whole other Tirade on our coaching). Then I noticed that we had about the same number of turnovers, except we had 10 steals to the Mavs' 2. That usually means a lot of offensive fouls on our end to create the other turnovers. However, since I didn't get to see all the game, I'm willing to entertain another explanation (sloppy play, act of God, whatever :D ).

From the stats, it looks like a lot of our fouls were on the offensive side, and the rest were shooting fouls. The Mavs, however, had about half their fouls shooting and half off-ball non-shooting fouls. But again, that's just stats.

It goes back to my desire for this series to be less official-oriented. The playoffs should not have general officiating issues. One bad call, yes. A whole game of bad calls, no. The officials simply should not play as big a role in the playoffs.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/16/2006, 11:36 AM
i've only watched bits and pieces of the series, but i haven't seen jason terry miss a shot yet...

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 11:47 AM
i've only watched bits and pieces of the series, but i haven't seen jason terry miss a shot yet...

I know, he only shot about 50% from the field last night, but I don't remember seeing any misses.

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 11:50 AM
I really like Terry. Well spoken, nice, and a heckuva player. Too bad he's killing us... :(

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/16/2006, 11:55 AM
I know, he only shot about 50% from the field last night, but I don't remember seeing any misses.

i figured. every time i flip on the channel he hits a couple of shots in a row. dude did the same thing against OU in the tourney.

Big Red Ron
5/16/2006, 12:37 PM
Detroit will destroy anyone from the west anyways...

Just sayin...

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2006, 12:59 PM
Detroit will destroy anyone from the west anyways...

Just sayin...
San Antonio matches up better with Detroit than they do Dallas.

GrapevineSooner
5/16/2006, 01:10 PM
Dallas hung a 36 point loss on them.

Granted, it was in October and was probably as much an anomaly as Kobe's 62 point game against Dallas in December.

But I don't think there's much separation between the Spurs, Mavs, and Pistons this year.

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 01:23 PM
The Pistons have to make it there, first. They're not exactly in any position to be talking, as they're tied with a one-man-team...

Scott D
5/16/2006, 01:50 PM
Dallas hung a 36 point loss on them.

Granted, it was in October and was probably as much an anomaly as Kobe's 62 point game against Dallas in December.

But I don't think there's much separation between the Spurs, Mavs, and Pistons this year.

It was an anomaly since late in March the favor was repaid with a 97-90 win that wasn't as close as the final score.

Scott D
5/16/2006, 01:50 PM
The Pistons have to make it there, first. They're not exactly in any position to be talking, as they're tied with a one-man-team...

Eh, Carlito part Deux is going to go back to being a stiff again.

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 01:58 PM
It was an anomaly since late in March the favor was repaid with a 97-90 win that wasn't as close as the final score.

Really? Cause it was 92-90 with 1:00 min to go when Prince blocked Nowitzki's shot to time the game. Billups made a shot, then you guys had three FT's to end the scoring at 97-90. Going 9-12 from 3 land is what put you on top at the end. I had to look up the stats, but I remember that being one hell of a game, with tons of lead changes.

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 02:23 PM
Last years Finals were weird. Detroit forgets how to play for two games, SA forgets how to play for two games, then a good three game series. Very strange.

Sooner95
5/16/2006, 02:56 PM
Perhaps Det and SA do matchup well, but these teams need to focus on the task at hand, or they will be watching the Finals together..

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 04:24 PM
Perhaps Det and SA do matchup well, but these teams need to focus on the task at hand, or they will be watching the Finals together..

You think we'll both lose this round? Hmm... bold prediction... ;)

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 05:44 PM
BWAHAHAHA 04 negged me because Duncan is the only guy that whines more than Ginobili.

With the new spek rules it will be a month before he can hit me again for Bowen playing dirty :D

GDC
5/17/2006, 06:04 PM
BWAHAHAHA 04 negged me because Duncan is the only guy that whines more than Ginobili.

With the new spek rules it will be a month before he can hit me again for Bowen playing dirty :D

Heh, the only Sooners that have ever negged me are 04 and PG.:D

BeetDigger
5/17/2006, 06:29 PM
I really like Terry. Well spoken, nice, and a heckuva player. Too bad he's killing us... :(

I agree about Terry being well spoken and (what seems to be) a nice guy. That guy epitimizes why I think Donnie Nelson should get as much respect as any executive in the league. They lose Nash, have very little cap room and yet pick up Terry. While Terry is not Nash, he still has been a very good point/shooting guard and overall the Mavs have not missed Nash bascially because of him. I am not a Mavs fan, but I sure admire the job that Nelson has done. The draft of Howard and Daniels, the acquisition of Terry, the drafting of Harris, finding Mbenga... While he has taken some chances that haven't worked out, he has done a good job of correcting them and putting that team in position to win.

jk the sooner fan
5/17/2006, 07:43 PM
Heh, the only Sooners that have ever negged me are 04 and PG.:D

what? you mean none of us horn loving "pseudo sooners' from the dallas lunch crowd have negged you?

welllllll........time to call a hyenas lodge meeting, we've got work to do

mrowl
5/17/2006, 08:38 PM
is Cleveland really up on Detroit right now? is this really happening?

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 08:42 PM
Detroit's gotten some calls late.

How Ben Wallace didn't get a loose ball foul for careening into LeBron is beyond me.

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 08:44 PM
Cleveland perservering through it all.

Maybe the Spurs could learn a thing or two from them. :D

mrowl
5/17/2006, 08:46 PM
LMAO... :D

from the DMN blog...

Manu photo op

Manu Ginobli didn't let a request for a photo op with a couple and their child disrupt his focus walking off the floor of the AT&T Center for pre-game shootaround. What was shocking was that he flopped to the floor and complained of being fouled when the husband and wife put their arms around him.

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 08:47 PM
Interesting play by Snow.

Not a bad play, but I'd rather settle with getting fouled and sealing the win at the foul line.

EDIT: Whuddathunkit?

Both of last season's NBA Finals participants have lost three games in a row each in the second round.

mrowl
5/17/2006, 08:52 PM
Wow... if Cle can win at home... just, wow....

dolemitesooner
5/17/2006, 08:54 PM
Bam .....CAVS AND lEBRON DO IT AGAIN.

BAM

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 08:58 PM
I fully expect the Spurs to get the majority of the calls tonight.

And unlike the Spurs, I expect the Mavericks to react with minimal theatrics to it all.

Because you can't worry about the officiating.

dolemitesooner
5/17/2006, 09:03 PM
Because you can't worry about the officiating.
Rashed Wallace needs to take a class in this. What a punk. He has so much talet and all he does is jaw he ****ing mouth. He only takes outside shots when he can domintate in the paint. He is lazy and I wish someone would punch him in the face.

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 09:09 PM
That's big of you to expect bad calls after you've got the benefit of them to a 3-1 lead.

All class.

Thanks man.:D

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 09:35 PM
Nice thing about the new DVR we got..........

I can go back and watch Devin Haris not get fouled over and over.:D

dolemitesooner
5/17/2006, 09:48 PM
Nice thing about the new DVR we got..........

I can go back and watch Devin Haris not get fouled over and over.:D
lol...quit whining Sanantonio is oldocrapo

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 09:49 PM
Dirk sings Hasselhoff songs to himself while shooting freethrows.

dolemitesooner
5/17/2006, 09:51 PM
lol:D

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 10:41 PM

As of now...

Spurs have shot 24 free throws to the Mavs 11.

Wanna **** and moan about the officiating now?

It seems it's all you're good at nowadays, SAS.

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 10:42 PM
Mavs seems to have weathered the storm.

Should make for an interesting 4th quarter.

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 10:52 PM
That's big of you to expect bad calls after you've got the benefit of them to a 3-1 lead.

All class.

Thanks man.:D

I based my opinion on the observation that the home team tends to get the majority of calls in most games.

All the whining from the Spurs players seems to accentuate that point. And thus far, I seem to be proven right on my prediction that San Antonio would get the majority of the calls.

Nevermind that Duncan and Parker will factor more into the outcome of this one than the guys in the striped shirts.

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 10:57 PM
News Flash

Dirk whines for a no call when there was no foul in the first place.

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 11:14 PM
But he doesn't do it with quite the theatrics of half the Spurs team.

i.e. No holding his palms upward then putting them behind his head, no cuddling the ball like my three year old, etc.

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 11:19 PM
You pout better than us
nanny nanny boo boo

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 11:21 PM
That's big of you to admit that.

Now back to part 5 of this epic series...

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 11:25 PM
Alright, time to deliver the final dagger.

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 11:31 PM
Alright, time to deliver the final dagger.
See you in Dallas:D

jk the sooner fan
5/17/2006, 11:32 PM
replay showed terry got the timeout call before there was any jump ball situation

and bowens hand was all over dirks on that play.....but hey, no biggie, you beat us by one in your building.....we'll take that back here to dallas and put this to bed

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 11:33 PM
Spurs get the benefit of 7 more foul calls against Dallas and 12 more trips to the line.

And all they have to show for it is a one point win.

I like my team's chances for Game 6.

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 11:34 PM
Of course, will we hear a rant from Chucky about how bad the NBA officials are even though they clearly missed JET's call for a timeout?

Me thinks not.

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 11:35 PM
Spurs get the benefit of 7 more foul calls against Dallas and 12 more trips to the line.

And all they have to show for it is a one point win.

I like my team's chances for Game 6.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Spurs should have won two in Dallas already. It's time to collect.

BTW I didn't hear you talking about foul shots when Dirk scored 21 of 27 points from the foul line.

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 11:37 PM
Of course, will we hear a rant from Chucky about how bad the NBA officials are even though they clearly missed JET's call for a timeout?

Me thinks not.
What about the crappy jump ball that Dallas got possession of?

It should have been a rejump.

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 11:37 PM
Spurs should have won two in Dallas already. It's time to collect.

But they didn't.

So just **** and moan some more my bitter friend.

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 11:38 PM
BTW, I just watched the replay, and if they called timeout before the tie up, it was by milliseconds.

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 11:39 PM
But they didn't.

So just **** and moan some more my bitter friend.
ha

your lack of civility indicates a high level of bitterness:D

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 11:41 PM
Dang......the Spurs fans get labeled whiners and yet it's Dallas fans that feel compelled to neg.

BIG BABIES:D

That's two of you now, and more on the way I'm sure.

GrapevineSooner
5/17/2006, 11:47 PM
I'll give the Spurs this much.

They wanted it more tonight.

They outhustled the Mavs and got the defensive stops when it mattered.

That's why they won.

It's also why Dallas won Games 3 and 4.

Not that you'll ever get the homer above me to ever admit as much.

He'll just continue to act like a you know what and wonder why people keep negging him.

sanantoniosooner
5/17/2006, 11:52 PM
And grapevine regains composure to pretend to take the high road.;)

Listen dude, it's just the NBA. It's not like this is about Sooner Football.

Chill out. See you in Dallas.

GrapevineSooner
5/18/2006, 12:12 AM
Fair enough.

colleyvillesooner
5/18/2006, 08:26 AM
pu$$ies. ;)

sanantoniosooner
5/18/2006, 08:29 AM
Did you put a quarter in the bed while watching the game?

colleyvillesooner
5/18/2006, 09:04 AM
Did you put a quarter in the bed while watching the game?

Heh, no but I did bring my lucky Mavs shirt with me. I forgot that lucky shirts only work within the confines of that state. I learned this the hard way at the OB last year. :mad:

NormanPride
5/18/2006, 10:20 AM
I just thought I'd chime in to say that, while the refs did a better job of staying out of the players' way, they still did a pretty pis$ poor job in general. After three games of the worst playoff officiating I've ever seen, it's about damn time that the Spurs get a couple breaks.

I guess you could call this our version of Game 3, with fewer fouls in general. 50 foul shots is still a bit much in a playoff game, but I'm most frustrated with tempo calls. It's hard for either team to get momentum when there's a foul every other time down the court. That's one of the big reasons that the games are so close at the end.

I'll be the first to admit that we were out-hustled at the end of a couple of the games (2 & 4) but 3 was highway robbery, just like this one was to a lesser extent. Tastes bitter, doesn't it, Dallas fans? At least I've bitched about the refs equally. You guys hold a legit 3-2 edge because you out-hustled us in 3 of the 5, but don't bitch about the officiating unless you're prepared to admit that it's happend the entire series.

GrapevineSooner
5/18/2006, 10:32 AM
Tastes bitter, doesn't it, Dallas fans?

While I think some calls went against us, I don't think we were robbed. And spare me the 'Spurs wuz robbed' talk in Game 3.

You gave up 109 points before that questionable foul call against Bowen and blew a four point lead in part because you lost your composure.

The Spurs outhustled us in the final two minutes and played as great defensively during the timespan that I've ever seen anyone play. That's why they won.

NormanPride
5/18/2006, 12:23 PM
While I think some calls went against us, I don't think we were robbed. And spare me the 'Spurs wuz robbed' talk in Game 3.

You gave up 109 points before that questionable foul call against Bowen and blew a four point lead in part because you lost your composure.

The Spurs outhustled us in the final two minutes and played as great defensively during the timespan that I've ever seen anyone play. That's why they won.

I'm not saying at the end of game 3 we were robbed, I'm saying almost every minute leading up to the end was bogus. 39 of those 109 points were from the charity stripe, and that is bogus. Still, I'm not blaming you guys for it, as the refs have been terrible the whole series. All but one of these games were determined by hustle in the last couple minutes, primarily because there were so many damn fouls on both sides that neither team could gain any momentum.

If you guys win the series, I'm not going to bitch. Even with crappy officiating, you've still got to execute on offense and stick with it on defense, and you've come out on top more times than we have this series. As I've said a brazillion times before, I'm just pis$ed that the refs robbed both fanbases of what could have been an even better series.

Sooner95
5/18/2006, 01:12 PM
Damn, what about Clev? Can they really knock out the Pistons?? They hung on lastnite, by the skin of their teeth.

See the Spurs didnt roll over and die, now they have to head back to Dallas. Lots of luck, but I see the Mavs moving on.

Pretty good playoffs so far..

BeetDigger
5/18/2006, 01:25 PM
As I've said a brazillion times before, I'm just pis$ed that the refs robbed both fanbases of what could have been an even better series.

I guess I don't see how this could be a BETTER series than it is. Three (or is it four?) games decided by a point. One game goes into OT (or is it two, I am now starting to mix the games up in my mind and don't want to go back an look at what actually happened). Personally, I think that it has been a great series with games that either team could win at the end (other than the Dallas blowout in game 2). Game 3 the Spurs shot like 39% and still nearly won the game, Game 5 the Spurs shot like 60% and Dallas nearly won the game. Dallas has impressed me with winning games at the end. SA always wins games like that. Dallas of two years ago and this series would be over with SA moving on. This Dallas team has confidence and some swagger. SA is still the same old team that finds ways to win games. I don't know how this series could be any better personally.

NormanPride
5/18/2006, 01:26 PM
See, to me the Cavs/Pistons series has been a lot more interesting and fun despite the low scores. Both teams are playing at a really high level, and the tempo has been okay.

mrowl
5/18/2006, 01:31 PM
Rick Berry is a bigger whinier puss than his son and Tim Duncan combined. (he is live on the ticket right now.

Scott D
5/18/2006, 01:32 PM
See, to me the Cavs/Pistons series has been a lot more interesting and fun despite the low scores. Both teams are playing at a really high level, and the tempo has been okay.

eh, one team has been playing at a high level...the other team isn't playing like a team that won 64 games in the regular season.

Scott D
5/18/2006, 01:33 PM
Rick Berry is a bigger whinier puss than his son and Tim Duncan combined. (he is live on the ticket right now.

I still think it's hilarious that one of his sons refuses to even acknowledge that he exists. Berry flopped so much that he makes Manu look like an amateur.

NormanPride
5/18/2006, 01:33 PM
I guess I don't see how this could be a BETTER series than it is. Three (or is it four?) games decided by a point. One game goes into OT (or is it two, I am now starting to mix the games up in my mind and don't want to go back an look at what actually happened). Personally, I think that it has been a great series with games that either team could win at the end (other than the Dallas blowout in game 2). Game 3 the Spurs shot like 39% and still nearly won the game, Game 5 the Spurs shot like 60% and Dallas nearly won the game. Dallas has impressed me with winning games at the end. SA always wins games like that. Dallas of two years ago and this series would be over with SA moving on. This Dallas team has confidence and some swagger. SA is still the same old team that finds ways to win games. I don't know how this series could be any better personally.

I'll agree that the endings are all classics, but the game leading up to those endings are pretty boring. Sure, there's lots of points and some pretty good plays, but because the officials have placed a stranglehold on the play neither team can really showcase what it can do. Where we see leads of maybe 5-6 points throughout the games, there would normally be bigger runs and more momentum swings. Half the fun is seeing one team start a run from 8 down only to have the other nail a 3 right in the middle to swing the momentum bac the other way. I can't remember one point where that's happened, except in the OT in game 4 and even then Dampeer fouled out on a touch off-the-ball foul. It's just a matter of opinion. Were it the regular season I wouldn't have as much of a complaint, really, but the playoffs should be much less officiated.

If you ask me, Washington screwed everyone over by being too rough with LeBron. The NBA freaked and decided to "protect the stars", thus all the fouls. That's why Dirk gets a call every time he falls down in the lane, and why Duncan gets a call every time the ball flies away from him while he goes up for a shot. :mad:

NormanPride
5/18/2006, 01:37 PM
eh, one team has been playing at a high level...the other team isn't playing like a team that won 64 games in the regular season.

I contend that you played your staters way too much in the regular season. Detroit's biggest problem, IMO, has always been depth. And now that Flip's got you running all over the court on offense as well as defense, you're getting tired. The Cavs play a really physical style, but most of all they can put someone like LeBron on 'Sheed to match his versatility. I think you can pull it out, but unless you stop feeling sorry for yourselves it ain't gonna happen.

mrowl
5/18/2006, 01:39 PM
I still think it's hilarious that one of his sons refuses to even acknowledge that he exists. Berry flopped so much that he makes Manu look like an amateur.

I hope someone recorded this interview... it was hilarious... Berry blames 2 loses on the refs, and refuses to acknowledge that HIS spurs missed free throws... can't inbound a pass, etc... dumb ***.

mrowl
5/18/2006, 01:41 PM
and BTW, good job spurs, you grabbed you sack, and played your best, but the mavs didn't play very well... missed key shots, and made some bad choices. I look forward to the *** kicking by the mavs Friday night.

NormanPride
5/18/2006, 02:17 PM
:rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
5/18/2006, 02:57 PM
:rolleyes:

Good comeback. I gotta write that one down. ;)

mrowl
5/18/2006, 06:06 PM
Jason Terry = suspended for game 6 for punching finley in the nads last night... I haven't seen the video yet.

hmmmmm....

sanantoniosooner
5/18/2006, 06:06 PM
JASON TERRY SUSPENDED FOR NUTPUNCHING FINLEY

SEE YOU IN DALLAS!!!!!!!!!
READ ALL ABOUT IT (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2450020)

mrowl
5/18/2006, 06:13 PM
I still don't see the punch...

http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/?videoId=250811,565

mrowl
5/18/2006, 06:16 PM
ok, that was cheap by Terry.

But all this does is just REALLY **** off the crowd at the AAC Friday. And adds Finley to the list of *****s that play for the Spurs.

sanantoniosooner
5/18/2006, 06:20 PM
And adds Finley to the list of *****s that play for the Spurs.
Finley is a ***** because Terry wanted to cop a feel?

mrowl
5/18/2006, 06:21 PM
Finley is a ***** because Terry wanted to cop a feel?

can you explain how Evans (denver) only got a $10,000 fine for grabbing that other guy? And Terry gets suspended?

sanantoniosooner
5/18/2006, 06:23 PM
Yes......if you want to hear it.

sanantoniosooner
5/18/2006, 06:23 PM
Do you want to hear it?

sanantoniosooner
5/18/2006, 06:26 PM
Anytime you strike another player with a closed fist it is automatic suspension regardless of the circumstances surrounding the situation.

It's that simple.

You fine for tugging.

You suspend for punching.

mrowl
5/18/2006, 06:26 PM
Anytime you strike another player with a closed fist it is automatic suspension regardless of the circumstances surrounding the situation.

It's that simple.

You fine for tugging.

You suspend for punching.

doesn't make sense, but in the NBA it does... :D

GrapevineSooner
5/18/2006, 06:31 PM
Doesn't warrant a potentially series-changing suspension as far as I'm concerned.

And SAS, could you have made your font size a little bigger in announcing the suspension?

mrowl
5/18/2006, 06:34 PM
LMAO.... :D

Mark Cuban quote:

"I love Mike Finley, but I think some of the Tim Duncan cry baby has worn off on him"

mrowl
5/18/2006, 06:42 PM
link to video... I still don't see much... yes there is a punch of some sort, but can't tell if it is closed fist, etc....

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbae_rough/terry_finley_punch.asx

sanantoniosooner
5/18/2006, 06:42 PM
Did you want bigger font?

Cuban is a quote machine. Doesn't make him right, but it makes him entertaining.

GrapevineSooner
5/18/2006, 06:48 PM
I don't really care how big the font is.

I'm certainly not going to get drawn offsides by you today.

I'm just wondering if you could have made it bigger. That's all.

Sooner95
5/18/2006, 08:36 PM

And that team that hasnt really showed up yet, could still win this series. Hopefully Clev knows this..if they don't close it out, and have to go back to Det, then the Pistons move on.

As for tonites game, I like the Clippers story, but I have a feeling the Suns will wrap this one up tonite.

GrapevineSooner
5/18/2006, 08:44 PM
Two points of note.

1. This play occurs at any other point in the game, and Ginobli gets whistled for a loose ball foul for hip checking Terry to the floor.

2. Why did Finley feel the need to lean down on Terry while he was on the floor?

sanantoniosooner
5/18/2006, 09:43 PM
http://ideashak.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/crybaby.jpg

kelloggOUballa
5/19/2006, 02:35 AM
nuts and bolts.......Mavs.......got....screwed

kelloggOUballa
5/19/2006, 02:36 AM
but will still win the series

GrapevineSooner
5/19/2006, 06:26 AM
Classy, SAS.

I guess it's not whining when you do it.

When I make two simple indisputable observations about the video, it is.

sanantoniosooner
5/19/2006, 07:16 AM
The point is that you guys call it whining when I do it, but apparently it's not when you do it.

There are no clearly indisputable observations.

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2006, 07:32 AM
Uh, cause you're a crybaby Spurs fan? :D

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2006, 07:36 AM
Greg Popabitch. Heh. Why did I never think of that before? Not that he's done anything to be called a bitch, but still.

Carry on.

GrapevineSooner
5/19/2006, 07:49 AM
I'm not making the insinuations that Dallas would won any games in this series if not for the officiating.

You have, unlike your fellow Spurs fan NormanPride who just seems genuinely put off by the officiating overall.

I understand the rule. But think this is a terrible decision by the league when you consider what Reggie Evans did was pre-meditated whereas this was a reactionary thing to Terry not appreciating the fact that Finley was unnecessarily leaning on him

On a side note, this is an indisputable fact. If you can't see that, then you're more of a blind Spurs homer than I originally thought.

The suspension is what it is and Dallas will have to go on with it, tonight. I just hope they can use this as a rallying cry en route to a series clinching win.

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2006, 08:23 AM
I don't think I've ever wanted the Mavs to win a game more.

mrowl
5/19/2006, 08:41 AM
tickets under $400 per seat are hard to find for tonight.... :(

And for the first time in my life, I have never wanted the Mavs to kick and destroy *** until now. I REALLY want a win tonight, I may have to go buy a shirt.

GrapevineSooner
5/19/2006, 08:54 AM
I don't think I've ever wanted the Mavs to win a game more.

Same here.

I don't buy into conspiracy theories. But I think the Mavs clearly got a raw deal with this decision considering the extenuating circumstances.

And my hatred for the Spurs and some of their fans has reached Yankee-like proportions. :D

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2006, 09:06 AM
tickets under $400 per seat are hard to find for tonight.... :(

And for the first time in my life, I have never wanted the Mavs to kick and destroy *** until now. I REALLY want a win tonight, I may have to go buy a shirt.

heh.

You can sit on damn near the last row behind the basket for $145 each. Those tickets cost $14.00. Unbelievable.

mrowl
5/19/2006, 09:13 AM
http://www.dallasmavs.com/images/TSH_Dirk_Face_1.jpg

lmao... good tshirt...

GrapevineSooner
5/19/2006, 09:33 AM
I propose than anytime there's a scramble for a loose ball and a Spurs player is on the bottom, sit on or lean on him.

Because in the NBA's world, that's apparently OK.

mrowl
5/19/2006, 09:44 AM
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6898/wallace0si.gif

GrapevineSooner
5/19/2006, 09:48 AM
Heh.

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2006, 09:50 AM
Damn I wish I was going to tonight. Tried to get 4 tickets (for bro's B-Day) and they didn't have four together. By the time I went back to get just 2, they were all gone. Maybe 30 sec.

NormanPride
5/19/2006, 10:14 AM
Same here.

I don't buy into conspiracy theories. But I think the Mavs clearly got a raw deal with this decision considering the extenuating circumstances.

And my hatred for the Spurs and some of their fans has reached Yankee-like proportions. :D

:D This whole thing is hilarious. I don't know what Terry's suspension for the game would do to the game plan specifically, but I doubt the emotions will really affect the outcome much. This whole series has been about execution at the end because the refs have controlled the game so completely. If I was a Mavs fan, I'd just hope our players didn't expend too much energy being ****ed off. Don't want to run out of emotional firepower at the end when you have to ratchet it up another notch.

I wonder, though, how is the fact that Terry got suspended for a nutpunch the Spurs' fault? Where is a quote of Finley whining about it? I haven't heard one... I'm honestly curious, as the first I'd heard of this was on the Animal this morning.

Oh, and what's with the bitching about leaning? :D

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2006, 10:18 AM
I wonder, though, how is the fact that Terry got suspended for a nutpunch the Spurs' fault? Where is a quote of Finley whining about it? I haven't heard one... I'm honestly curious, as the first I'd heard of this was on the Animal this morning.

That's because the Spurs were conveniently unavailable to the media. He was freaking out about it right after it happened Yelling he punched me, he punched me" making a rapid punching motion.

GrapevineSooner
5/19/2006, 10:31 AM
Truth be told, I'd have an easier time accepting this suspension if the league had nutted up (pun intended) on the Reggie Evans nut grab of Chris Kaman and suspended him for that.

Like it or not, they set the precedent on this kind of action and ignored it when they doled out their punishment for Terry.

But I've said all I can say on this topic.

BTW, thanks for not resorting to juvenile insults (unlike another Spurs fan here) and actually engaging me in discussing this issue in a civil tone, NP.

mrowl
5/19/2006, 10:31 AM
Damn I wish I was going to tonight. Tried to get 4 tickets (for bro's B-Day) and they didn't have four together. By the time I went back to get just 2, they were all gone. Maybe 30 sec.

I wish I knew there were some for sale. :(

mrowl
5/19/2006, 10:33 AM
Heh!

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2097/terrytonuts8fs.jpg

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2006, 10:34 AM
I wish I knew there were some for sale. :(

10:00 am yesterday. They update dallasmavericks.com when they are going to go on sale. Keep an out out for the next series, provided we win the series. They go quick, but just try and get 2 right at 10. I did and got $23.00 tickets for Game 3.

NormanPride
5/19/2006, 10:37 AM
That's because the Spurs were conveniently unavailable to the media. He was freaking out about it right after it happened Yelling he punched me, he punched me" making a rapid punching motion.

What are they supposed to say? "Don't suspend him, he's innocent"? If I got jabbed in the nads, I'd be pretty bitchy too. :D

Truth be told, I'd have an easier time accepting this suspension if the league had nutted up (pun intended) on the Reggie Evans nut grab of Chris Kaman and suspended him for that.

Agreed. But this is the NBA, remember? Integrity and consistency take a backseat (more like have to ride in the trunk if at all...) to showmanship and ratings. I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist on this one, in that I think the NBA regularly rigs games as much as they can so the bigger market teams win. The Lakers/Suns series was a perfect example, as the Suns got hosed multiple times in blatant fashion by the officials. I think they've been waffling in this series. :D

mrowl
5/19/2006, 10:38 AM
does this remove any chance of Finleys jersey in the AAC rafters? I think so.

mrowl
5/19/2006, 10:40 AM
http://www.bradwheeler.net/graphics/ginobili.gif