PDA

View Full Version : ** NBA Playoffs Thread **

Pages : 1 2 [3]

BeetDigger
5/25/2006, 08:48 AM
Standard disclaimer: Dallas had a 9 point lead late and blew it. That's essentially why they lost this one.

With that out of the way...

Like Avery, I'm trying to figure out how Devin could blow by Steve Cash, have Cash grab the back of his jersey, and the foul somehow be on...Devin?

I don't buy into conspiracy theories. But the NBA could go a long way to ensuring these kind of theories don't have legs by not making such ridiculous foul calls down the stretch.

Of course, that may have been a makeup call for what should have been an obvious flagrant foul against Damp earlier in the second half when he pulled some Suns player down by the shoulder blades.

I think that they called it Devin for using his left arm to hold Nash at bay. Tough call to make down the stretch, but I think that it was a correct call per the rules. I didn't see if Nash or Harris or anyone else was doing it earlier in the game to judge if they were consistent in calling it all night.

Suns found a way to win. That's the game in the playoffs. Mavs did it vs. the Spurs. Now they need to remember how they did it and apply it in this series. Mavs are going to have to find a defensive matchup for Diaw.

GrapevineSooner
5/25/2006, 09:05 AM
Depending on Bell's condition, I wonder if Avery would feel comfortable having somebody like Diop out on the floor when Diaw's out there so they could at least push the big frenchman out to the perimeter.

We shall see.

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2006, 09:07 AM
I think that they called it Devin for using his left arm to hold Nash at bay. Tough call to make down the stretch, but I think that it was a correct call per the rules. I didn't see if Nash or Harris or anyone else was doing it earlier in the game to judge if they were consistent in calling it all night.

Suns found a way to win. That's the game in the playoffs. Mavs did it vs. the Spurs. Now they need to remember how they did it and apply it in this series. Mavs are going to have to find a defensive matchup for Diaw.

Harris was using that hand to get Cash off of him. It was a very ticky tack call. You could call that the whole game, which they weren't.

Not the reason we lost though.

I think Avery will figure out something to slow down Diaw. And the Suns will miss their best defender on the floor.

Howard's return is key.

sanantoniosooner
5/25/2006, 10:53 AM
I may change my mind about rooting for the Mavs.

Seeing you guys bellyache is entertaining.

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2006, 11:01 AM
I may change my mind about rooting for the Mavs.

Seeing you guys bellyache is entertaining.

Who is bellyaching? Just talking about the game. There will always be calls fans don't like. But those are not the reason we lost. We lost cause Nash was hot, and we blew a 9 point lead. Period.

sanantoniosooner
5/25/2006, 11:02 AM
You mean "Cash"?

Bitter indeed :D

BeetDigger
5/25/2006, 11:05 AM
Not the reason we lost though.

One play down the stretch stands out to me. Nash had the ball in transition and Dirk was guarding him. He backed off to prevent Nash from going around him for a layup. Nash stops and hits the three instead. With 20/20 hindsight, Dirk would have been better off letting him go for the layup. Dirk didn't make a mistake because he was going on instinct. Nash was terrific all night and he ended up being the key. Oh sure, Diaw had a career night. But Nash was the guy who put them in position down the stretch.

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2006, 11:07 AM
You mean "Cash"?

Bitter indeed :D

That's just a fun name. Dude can ball.

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2006, 11:12 AM
One play down the stretch stands out to me. Nash had the ball in transition and Dirk was guarding him. He backed off to prevent Nash from going around him for a layup. Nash stops and hits the three instead. With 20/20 hindsight, Dirk would have been better off letting him go for the layup. Dirk didn't make a mistake because he was going on instinct. Nash was terrific all night and he ended up being the key. Oh sure, Diaw had a career night. But Nash was the guy who put them in position down the stretch.

Yeah, that sucked. I like how they highlighted on the telecast that the Mavs did a really good job of not collapsing on Nash when he drove the rim. They stayed with their man and didn't allow the kick out. They only shot 5-15 from 3 land. That's pretty good. They averaged 10 a game in the regular season.

I believe in Avery. Here's hoping his Game 2 adjustments work as well as they did in the the SA series

GrapevineSooner
5/25/2006, 11:25 AM
Protect the 3-point line in the first 44 minutes.

But when you have a 9-point lead late, you guard it.

I wonder if Dirk yelled at himself at the next timeout for letting Nash get such a good look. :D

GrapevineSooner
5/25/2006, 11:25 AM
Who is bellyaching? Just talking about the game. There will always be calls fans don't like. But those are not the reason we lost. We lost cause Nash was hot, and we blew a 9 point lead. Period.

Yeah, some Spurs fan apparently skipped over the disclaimer at the beginning of my post. :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah, some Spurs fan apparently skipped over the disclaimer at the beginning of my post. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why they are still in the thread about NBA playoffs. ;)

I keed...

BeetDigger
5/25/2006, 12:13 PM
I believe in Avery. Here's hoping his Game 2 adjustments work as well as they did in the the SA series

I don't know how many adjustments he really needs to make. The Mavs were in position to win it and truly should have won it. The Suns found a way to overcome the lead and put themselves in position for the win and then capitalized on it. The Mavs can make some improvements and Avery will probably tweak some things, but I don't think any wholesale adjustments are necessary. To me, it was just about execution down the stretch. The Suns had like three stops in a row starting with about 2 minutes left. One bucket during that time would have been the difference.

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2006, 12:41 PM
From DMN:

Mavericks forward Josh Howard is listed as day-to-day after MRI this morning revealed a right ankle bruise.

FRom AZCENTRAL:

Suns guard Raja Bell is "very doubtful" for Friday's Game 2 after straining his left calf muscle going for a rebound midway through the fourth quarter Wednesday.

The Ticket in Dallas just said Bell is "out for at least 5-7 days with a slight calf tear".

I think he's done for the series.

Fugue
5/25/2006, 01:00 PM
From DMN:

FRom AZCENTRAL:

The Ticket in Dallas just said Bell is "out for at least 5-7 days with a slight calf tear".

I think he's done for the series.

He should be ready to go for the finals though. :texan:

mrowl
5/25/2006, 01:04 PM
well last night sucked. After Harris hit that last shot, I thought for sure it was a win.

How in the F can you allow a shooter to get that close with 2 seconds left???

GrapevineSooner
5/25/2006, 03:19 PM
I don't know how many adjustments he really needs to make. The Mavs were in position to win it and truly should have won it. The Suns found a way to overcome the lead and put themselves in position for the win and then capitalized on it. The Mavs can make some improvements and Avery will probably tweak some things, but I don't think any wholesale adjustments are necessary. To me, it was just about execution down the stretch. The Suns had like three stops in a row starting with about 2 minutes left. One bucket during that time would have been the difference.

Certainly true.

But I'm sure Avery can't be happy with the number of layups they gave up throughout the course of the game.

Hopefully Pop can lend him some secrets from the Western Conference Finals series from last year.

Scott D
5/25/2006, 03:22 PM
So Colley, can Dallas be in that 10%?

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2006, 03:23 PM
So Colley, can Dallas be in that 10%?

Heh, that's the first thing I thought of. :mad:

Odds aren't to good that two teams do it in the same year. But they again this has already been a record breaking year for the Playoffs.

Yeah, as long as they rebound and win Game 2. The longer the series goes, the worse for the Suns.

GrapevineSooner
5/25/2006, 03:39 PM
We won Game 1 in 03 and lost the series to the Spurs.

I'd say the basketball gods owe us.

That is, if our Game 7 win over San Antonio wasn't payback for '03. :D

NormanPride
5/25/2006, 05:23 PM
Everyone talks about Nash, but Marion is the key to the Suns. You have to have your best defender on him at all times because he'll find a way to score. He may not have the best stats, but his scoring comes at key points, and the flow of his game dictates the flow of the Suns game.

Last year Stoudamire averaged like 40 ppg against us in the playoffs, but we still smoked the Suns pretty good because Bowen shut down Marion. Then we could concentrate on bracketing Nash and roughing him up just enough to put him off his game.

Scott D
5/25/2006, 05:52 PM
mark my words.....either Phoenix opens the vault or Marion walks at the end of his contract.

Scott D
5/25/2006, 10:05 PM
Fah-que Dick Bavetta. Game never should have been that close.

GrapevineSooner
5/26/2006, 04:59 PM
Watch out.

SAS might accuse you of bellyaching. ;)

colleyvillesooner
5/26/2006, 05:05 PM
Radio said this is your starting five tonight:

Dirk
Harris
Terry
Howard (wow)
and....

Van Horn.

I hope Avery knows what he's doing. I like the idea of Dampier coming off the bench but, damn.

And I hope the radio knows what they are talking about.

Scott D
5/26/2006, 05:36 PM
I don't know about that lineup if Marion can start.

GrapevineSooner
5/26/2006, 05:39 PM
KVH would probably cover Diaw.

Which, in a way, makes some sense since Damp or Diop would be pulled out of the lane and into the perimeter to cover Diaw.

Dallas better take it to the rim every chance they get tonight. None of this pull up for the transition three.

And knock Nash on his keister, please?

Scott D
5/26/2006, 06:23 PM
ahh and Howard on Marion..gotcha.

sanantoniosooner
5/26/2006, 07:52 PM
Watch out.

could it be.......

nah.....it would be too much to hope for........

grapevine showing a sense of humor?

Scott D
5/26/2006, 08:06 PM
Watch out.

oh and I am bellyaching....not as much as Wade was last night...because only Tim Duncan can do that ;)

sanantoniosooner
5/26/2006, 08:29 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_618/spurs_game5_14.jpg

Scott D
5/26/2006, 08:39 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2005/06/21/pistons.spurs.ap/tx_bwallace-ap.jpg

GrapevineSooner
5/26/2006, 10:55 PM
could it be.......

nah.....it would be too much to hope for........

grapevine showing a sense of humor?

What do you think the ;) was for?

Needling goes both ways, my friend.

GrapevineSooner
5/26/2006, 10:56 PM
Not the dominating message-sending win I was hoping for.

But I'll take it.

And yes, Dirk walked and got away with it. ;) But he's allowed to.

Because like bri always says...

Germans love David Hasselhoff.

Scott D
5/26/2006, 11:05 PM
could his face have gotten any redder during the needling about hasselhoff?

mrowl
5/27/2006, 10:05 AM
I call bull**** on ticketmaster and the mavs \ aac.

2500 tickets available at 10:00am, and I searched for 1 SEAT. And nothing. Something is fishy.

I f'ing hate Ticketmaster.

colleyvillesooner
5/27/2006, 04:33 PM
I call bull**** on ticketmaster and the mavs \ aac.

2500 tickets available at 10:00am, and I searched for 1 SEAT. And nothing. Something is fishy.

I f'ing hate Ticketmaster.

They just say that. But I don't think any go to Ticketmaster anymore. think the go to brokers and the ticket office for people who wait in line.

I wish they would open up the AAC like they did the Year we played the Spurs. They lower the jumbotron and you can go there to watch the game.

colleyvillesooner
5/28/2006, 11:14 PM
Another good win by the Mavs. This team is playing with drive and purpose. The experts are describing the Pahoenix Dallas series just like the SA/DAL series of 2003. Except this time, we're the ones playing defense. Amazing.

mrowl
5/29/2006, 07:30 AM
They just say that. But I don't think any go to Ticketmaster anymore. think the go to brokers and the ticket office for people who wait in line.

I wish they would open up the AAC like they did the Year we played the Spurs. They lower the jumbotron and you can go there to watch the game.

sit inside of the center jumbotron? :eek:

do they supply earplugs?

And what a win by the Mavs, the suns could do nothing to stop the half-court game.

mrowl
5/29/2006, 11:26 AM
Huh...

May 15th: Mavs win, Rangers win

May 17th: Mavs loss, Rangers loss

May 19th: Mavs loss, Rangers loss

May 22nd: Mavs win, Rangers win

May 24th: Mavs loss, Rangers loss

May 26th: Mavs win, Rangers win

May 28th: Mavs win, Rangers win

Scott D
5/30/2006, 01:24 AM
logic dictates that the series in the East is over...however stranger things have happened...I'd be disappointed if we didn't manage one more win.

Pat Riley built this team to do one thing..beat Detroit..so if Miami does win the series I'll be cheering for the Western Conference, because I'd rather not see dildos like Antoine Walker and especially Gary Payton ever win a title.

jk the sooner fan
5/30/2006, 06:15 AM
I'll be cheering for the Western Conference, because I'd rather not see dildos like Antoine Walker and especially Gary Payton ever win a title.

amen to that

i'm not sure how Dallas (assuming we beat Phoenix) matches up in a 7 game series with Miami

colleyvillesooner
5/30/2006, 08:53 AM
amen to that

I'm not sure how Dallas (assuming we beat Phoenix) matches up in a 7 game series with Miami

I've heard some of the "experts" say we would match up better with Miami than Detroit. We'd pretty much use Dampier, Diop and Van Horn as 18 fouls against Shaq, and dare one of their role players to beat us. Basically, the let Wade and Shaq get theirs, try to control the rest.

Any series with the Mavs and Shaq's mouth would be fun.

But gotta take care of Pahoenix first.

GrapevineSooner
5/30/2006, 11:52 AM
I heard that D'Antoni's going to tell his team to run at all costs.

Which means they'll jack up shots if they have the slightest hint they are open.

Which means that Phoenix will either win by 20 or lose by 40 tonight.

sanantoniosooner
5/30/2006, 03:48 PM
logic dictates that the series in the East is over...however stranger things have happened...I'd be disappointed if we didn't manage one more win.

Pat Riley built this team to do one thing..beat Detroit..so if Miami does win the series I'll be cheering for the Western Conference, because I'd rather not see dildos like Antoine Walker and especially Gary Payton ever win a title.
yeah.......I hate it when pricks like Rasheed Wallace win championships.

dolemitesooner
5/30/2006, 07:20 PM

Pat Riley built this team to do one thing..beat Detroit..so if Miami does win the series I'll be cheering for the them, because I'd rather not see dildos like Rasheed Wallace and especially Ben Wallace ever win a title.
I know dude they are dildos. Dildos who get lots of technical fouls and start brawls against pacers

Scott D
5/30/2006, 07:46 PM
I know dude they are dildos. Dildos who get lots of technical fouls and start brawls against pacers

yeah I so bet you were cheering for Payton when he was with the Lakers or the Sonics. Same with Walker when he was being a punk up in Boston. :rolleyes:

the brawl brawl in that game began with a guy who is going to jail. The on the court incident was over nearly as fast as it started.

Tell ya what, when you get a sworn statement from Pat Riley stating everyone except Payton and Walker will get rings...I'll consider cheering for Miami...other than them, I have no problem with the Heat roster.

colleyvillesooner
5/30/2006, 10:19 PM
Mavericks are gonna lose tonight because of **** poor defense and atrocious shooting by Dirk. Hope Howard is not out for too long after that ankle roll.

That said, some of the calls tonight were flat out unbelievable. Both ways. The no call on Nash pulling Dirk to the ground right in front of an official was jaw dropping.

GrapevineSooner
5/30/2006, 11:36 PM
When Avery called certain aspects of this game 'disgraceful', do you think he might have been referring to the jobs that Bennett Salvatore, Ron Garretson, and Tom Washington did tonight? ;)

Again, I'll reiterate something CVS said. They made some bad calls against both teams tonight. Maybe Phoenix benefited a little more than Dallas. Probably enough to turn this from a 17 point blowout to a 20 point blowout given how well the Suns shot the ball, how bad the Mavs' shot the ball, and the tendency of Dallas to stand around a little too much on defense.

Throughout the first three games, I would have given Dallas a 7 on a scale from 1 to 10 on defending the three point line in this series.

Tonight, they fell to about a 4.

Also...

I heard that D'Antoni's going to tell his team to run at all costs.

Which means they'll jack up shots if they have the slightest hint they are open.

Which means that Phoenix will either win by 20 or lose by 40 tonight.

For the sake of my team, I will no longer make any predictions for the rest of Dallas' playoff run. :mad:

mrowl
5/31/2006, 08:42 AM
it was VERY close to being a 30 point blowout.

oh well, thats everything that the suns had left in the tank. Mavs in 6.

colleyvillesooner
5/31/2006, 08:54 AM
Some more nitpicking ;)

I hate the way the refs use calls to pump up the home crowd. When Raja Bell flopped and drew a charge, the Ref one hopped back the lurched forward thrusting his arm forward to signal the charge. When Harris drew a charge, the ref just slowoly motioned his arm the other way, as if directing traffic.

Mavs got their asses kicked and here's looking to a best of 3 with 2 at home.

NormanPride
5/31/2006, 09:42 PM
Refs have given D-troit some real momentum fouls, and they've taken it away from Miami.

Still, Detroit is playing well and Miami is playing... not well.

josh09
6/1/2006, 01:49 PM
GO MAVS

BeetDigger
6/1/2006, 02:25 PM
Some more nitpicking ;)

I hate the way the refs use calls to pump up the home crowd. When Raja Bell flopped and drew a charge, the Ref one hopped back the lurched forward thrusting his arm forward to signal the charge. When Harris drew a charge, the ref just slowoly motioned his arm the other way, as if directing traffic.

Mavs got their asses kicked and here's looking to a best of 3 with 2 at home.

I noticed that as well. It was a gentle point that the ref used with Harris' charge. Of course the Mavs have had those situations too so it goes both ways. But I don't understand why the refs have to insert themselves into the "entertainment" of the game.

colleyvillesooner
6/1/2006, 02:29 PM
Per ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2466652

NEW YORK -- Dallas Mavericks center DJ Mbenga has been suspended six games without pay for entering the spectator stands, the NBA said Thursday.

The NBA will not be taking action against Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban for his involvement in the incident as his actions did not violate NBA rules and were not otherwise inappropriate.

The incident occurred during the first quarter of the Mavericks' 106-86 loss to the Phoenix Suns at US Airways Center on Tuesday. Mbenga will begin serving his suspension tonight when the Mavericks host the Suns in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals at the American Airlines Center

Let me be the first to say, "See ya in Game 5 of the Finals DJ!" ;)

I like how the dude that went into the stands while playing the game only got 4 more games than a non dressed reserve.

mrowl
6/1/2006, 02:32 PM
the NBA suspensions are just as confusing as MLB.

ok.

maybe not.

;)

Beef
6/1/2006, 02:54 PM
I noticed that as well. It was a gentle point that the ref used with Harris' charge. Of course the Mavs have had those situations too so it goes both ways. But I don't understand why the refs have to insert themselves into the "entertainment" of the game.
Where's Enrico Pallazzo when you need him. He's the king of exaggerated calls to pump up the home crowd.

GrapevineSooner
6/1/2006, 03:16 PM
I don't have a problem with the fact Mbenga got suspended. I know why the rule exists (thank you, Ron Artest :mad: ).

That having been said, would it be possible for Stu Jackson to interject just a little bit of common sense before handing down these suspensions?

Or at the very least, explain what action of Mbenga's earned him a suspension that earned him a longer suspension in more meaningful games than the one Antonio Davis was slapped with?

They make no sense.

Scott D
6/1/2006, 03:53 PM
I think that probably has something to do with percieved intent. Davis was going to as he believed protect his family. Why was Mbenga going into the stands?

colleyvillesooner
6/1/2006, 04:07 PM
I think that probably has something to do with percieved intent. Davis was going to as he believed protect his family. Why was Mbenga going into the stands?

To protect Avery's Family. ;)

NBA investigating dispute involving Avery's wife
Inactive center Mbenga among team personnel who went into stands

12:23 AM CDT on Thursday, June 1, 2006
By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News

PHOENIX – NBA officials said Wednesday that they are looking into Tuesday night's incident involving the wife of Mavericks coach Avery Johnson and fans.

At the end of the first quarter of Game 4 against the Phoenix Suns, Cassandra Johnson and several fans got into a heated exchange. Two season ticket holders, Jose Martinez and Rebecca Kettle, filed a misdemeanor assault complaint against Cassandra Johnson – claiming she pushed them.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, reserve center DJ Mbenga, team director of security Jim Colleran and strength and conditioning coach Robert Hackett went into the crowd to calm the situation.

Players are not allowed to enter the stands for any reason, and the league is trying to determine if fines or suspensions are warranted. Mbenga was inactive for the game.

"That was a disappointing thing," Avery Johnson said after Wednesday's practice, referring to the incident. "But it's all behind us now. Those are things you sign up for, but next time we'll know how to handle it better."

Martinez said area police would tell him in a few days if charges will be filed against Cassandra Johnson.

"I've gotten a lot of support," Martinez said Wednesday from his Scottsdale home. "We're not trying to sue them or anything. That's not what this is about."

As for Game 6, Cassandra Johnson is expected to attend, but Martinez said he and his fiancée would miss the game because they are going out of town. Both were ejected from Game 4 after making obscene gestures while being escorted to different seats.

"That's what made that game so disappointing was because it was going to be our last game there, unless they get to the NBA Finals," Martinez said.

Scott D
6/1/2006, 04:15 PM
ahh ok.....I didn't watch your game 4...something about needing to be at work early in the morning. I did watch our game despite needing to be at work even earlier in the morning today though :P

GrapevineSooner
6/1/2006, 08:33 PM
I hate Danny Crawford. :mad:

Scott D
6/1/2006, 08:39 PM
at least you don't have Violet Palmer reffing the game ;)

jk the sooner fan
6/1/2006, 09:12 PM
can a non mavs fan confirm for me that the officiating in this game absolutely sucks?

colleyvillesooner
6/1/2006, 09:13 PM
Yes :D

sanantoniosooner
6/1/2006, 09:14 PM
can a non mavs fan confirm for me that the officiating in this game absolutely sucks?
It's a shame.

It's been so good up til now.

Scott D
6/1/2006, 09:48 PM
I can only confirm that my television hasn't been on at all tonight :)

jk the sooner fan
6/1/2006, 09:50 PM
i just want to make sure my opinion isnt one of a biased homer fan

if i'm wrong, let me know

but it would seem that it sucks, which i guess means they're being consistent thruout the playoffs

Scott D
6/1/2006, 09:54 PM
I have no doubt that the officiating sucks...it has been consistent at sucking all playoffs ;)

Today on the radio they were talking about how it's going to be a given that tomorrow night being at home should = 6 extra free throw attempts for Miami.

sanantoniosooner
6/1/2006, 10:02 PM
Cuban can be a tard at times.

Good luck with that film he's sending to the league

sanantoniosooner
6/1/2006, 10:14 PM
........and Terry goes after Nash's testicle...........

I thought Avery told him to grab instead of punch.

jk the sooner fan
6/1/2006, 10:26 PM
speaking of game films, how's Finley's jewels?

Mavs win handily in the 4th quarter......this is a tough team to put away.

GrapevineSooner
6/1/2006, 11:15 PM
The refs had some, shall I say, curious technical foul calls tonight.

Oh well, Dirk decided he would just take over the game I guess.

Please put this team away in Game 6, Dallas.

GrapevineSooner
6/1/2006, 11:20 PM
And FWIW...

Coming into tonight's game, the Mavs were 0-9 in games where Danny "That was two great strides when everyone else in the building saw Boris Diaw take three steps" Crawford is part of the officiating crew.

They are now 1-9 after tonight.

jk the sooner fan
6/1/2006, 11:26 PM
there was a drive by either Diaw or Thomas before that "long strided" trip to the basket, where the Suns player had the ball cradled in both arms

if thats not a carry, then why not just give them a damn bag with handles to take it to the hole with

colleyvillesooner
6/1/2006, 11:30 PM
there was a drive by either Diaw or Thomas before that "long strided" trip to the basket, where the Suns player had the ball cradled in both arms

if thats not a carry, then why not just give them a damn bag with handles to take it to the hole with

It was Thomas, but we watched it multiple times. He cradeled it, but only took two steps to the hoop for the jam

bri
6/1/2006, 11:39 PM
w00t. :D

GrapevineSooner
6/2/2006, 12:13 AM
We haven't won anything yet, bri. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/2/2006, 12:45 AM
And FWIW...

Coming into tonight's game, the Mavs were 0-9 in games where Danny "That was two great strides when everyone else in the building saw Boris Diaw take three steps" Crawford is part of the officiating crew.

They are now 1-9 after tonight.

Excuses....the Spurs would never EVER do that. You Mav fans are a joke

;)

GrapevineSooner
6/2/2006, 01:11 AM
And I hate to put a damper on tonight's win,

But I am sick and tired of Keith Van Horn sparing us all to death.

Please just let us get through this series so KVH only sees about maybe 1 to 5 minutes of playing time in the NBA Finals. He sure as hell can't guard anyone and he only contributed four points in 15 minutes of action tonight.

Scott D
6/2/2006, 05:05 AM
And I hate to put a damper on tonight's win,

But I am sick and tired of Keith Van Horn sparing us all to death.

Please just let us get through this series so KVH only sees about maybe 1 to 5 minutes of playing time in the NBA Finals. He sure as hell can't guard anyone and he only contributed four points in 15 minutes of action tonight.

I warned Mav fan last year when Cuban traded for his sorry *** :)

bri
6/2/2006, 06:33 AM
We haven't won anything yet, bri. ;)

Not true.

You won a game, which is a marked improvement over the previous attempt. That deserves a "w00t". :D

sanantoniosooner
6/2/2006, 07:08 AM

He was protecting the ball from all the hackers in the lane.

It's only a carry if he continues to dribble afterwards.

And traveling is a staple of the NBA. Dirk does it as much as anyone.

sanantoniosooner
6/2/2006, 07:10 AM
The Mavs did nut-up (Terry has a surplus) when the Suns went up by 7. I've been impressed that they don't wilt when the momentum shifts away from them late in games.

mrowl
6/2/2006, 08:37 AM
DIRKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

GrapevineSooner
6/2/2006, 09:08 AM
I don't think Thomas traveled on that play JK is talking about.

What I referenced was a play in the first half where they had Dan Crawford mic'ed up. He said the Suns player took two great strides when the replay clearly showed he took three steps. ;)

No bother. Last night was simply a case where one superstar decided he wasn't going to let his team lose.

And if it took him outscoring the other team over the final 15 minutes, so be it.

Which he did, BTW (29-24) :D

mrowl
6/2/2006, 09:11 AM
My MIL just called me from the 9am flight from DFW to Phoenix.

Barkley is sitting a row in front of her, and the guy sitting across from Barkley asked him: "so you think you can stop sucking on that TNT show?"

to which Barkley replied: "shut up, I am trying to talk to this girl next to me"

My MIL reports the girl sitting next to barkley is "a nice looking women"

she will have more when the plane lands.

GrapevineSooner
6/2/2006, 09:52 AM
From the DMN Mavs blog (http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/archives/2006/06/mavs_want_revie.html)...

TNT replays seemed to show Marion catching the Mavericks' Adrian Griffin in the face or neck area.

"We'll see what the league says. Who knows?" Cuban said. "It's not like throwing a punch. ... But Griff came up to us and said, 'He got me good. Is there anything we can do?'

We'll see what comes of it.

I'd prefer this series to be decided on the court by the players. But if the league decides a suspension is warranted here, Marion has nobody to blame but himself.

Just like Terry.

mrowl
6/2/2006, 09:57 AM
From the DMN Mavs blog (http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/archives/2006/06/mavs_want_revie.html)...

We'll see what comes of it.

I'd prefer this series to be decided on the court by the players. But if the league decides a suspension is warranted here, Marion has nobody to blame but himself.

Just like Terry.

if anyone finds some video of it, post it here...

Beef
6/2/2006, 10:14 AM
Tim Thomas is officially the biggest cocksucking punkass little balls-in-his-mouth bitch in the league right now. I hope Dirk throws at least 50 at him Saturday.

NormanPride
6/2/2006, 10:47 AM
My favorite moving-without-dribbling is done by D-Wade. Two steps, a "jump-stop", then a pivot, then jumping off the non-pivot foot. That is high-quality sportstainmentastic officiating, that is.

BeetDigger
6/2/2006, 11:34 AM

I thought that the officiating in the game last night was the worst that I had seen in the series so far. I thought that the Mavs were the recipients of some muggings early on that didn't receive a call. Yet late in the game, I thought that the Mavs benefitted from some fantom calls. I did not understand the technical on the Suns with the score 89-88.

I think that Thomas should have received something for his antics. The kiss blow and the "in your face" gestures should have been called. The refs have consistently called things like that to keep the games from getting out of hand. Not sure why they let those go.

Speaking of Thomas, the guy is pretty cocky for a guy that was so unliked in Chicago that they refused to play him and just released him.

mrowl
6/2/2006, 11:48 AM
http://www.atifonline.net/stnashbeat2ve.gif

GrapevineSooner
6/2/2006, 12:29 PM
I did not understand the technical on the Suns with the score 89-88.

I didn't understand it at the time.

But then somebody pointed out that Bell actually shoved a Maverick after the whistle and was T'ed up about 5 seconds after the fact.

Can't confirm it, though.

And Thomas and Dirk got double T's.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/2/2006, 12:50 PM
My favorite moving-without-dribbling is done by D-Wade. Two steps, a "jump-stop", then a pivot, then jumping off the non-pivot foot. That is high-quality sportstainmentastic officiating, that is.

you did watch that chick for stanford against us in the NCAAs didn't you? they actually teach girls to do that move. its a blatant walk, but they always let it go.

the worst travels are the ones where a guy acts like he dribbles, but he doesn't. 5 total steps and no walking call.

BeetDigger
6/2/2006, 01:06 PM
And Thomas and Dirk got double T's.

I thought that Thomas deserved another one for the blown kiss and/or the face motion. Thomas was acting like a punk. The Suns, for the most part, have been pretty decent in this series. Bell has been somewhat of a punk. I haven't noticed any of the Mavs acting like jerks, but that may be just because I missed it. They have swiped at the ball a time or two which seems a bit childish.

One thing about the Suns, I don't see a ton of whining about calls. Oh sure there is some complaining here or there, but for the most part they accept the call and move on. I think that there is a bit of complaining that is to be expected and that is about where the Suns act.

Beef
6/2/2006, 01:25 PM
I thought that Thomas deserved another one for the blown kiss and/or the face motion. Thomas was acting like a punk.
I can't remember if I mentioned that Thomas is a namby pamby punkass. I had to stop watching for a while when he got the score to 77-70. I could feel my blood pressure going through the roof and figured the game wasn't worth another trip to the ER. I flipped it back on early in the 4th.

NormanPride
6/2/2006, 04:06 PM
you did watch that chick for stanford against us in the NCAAs didn't you? they actually teach girls to do that move. its a blatant walk, but they always let it go.

the worst travels are the ones where a guy acts like he dribbles, but he doesn't. 5 total steps and no walking call.

Dumbo? It wouldn't have mattered if she hadn't have hit every shot she took. Of course the next game she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Why does this always happen to us? :mad:

BeetDigger
6/2/2006, 04:34 PM
Come on people, Magic dribbled only half of the time. The rest of the time he rolled the ball so as to give himself more time and control when making a pin-point one-handed pass to a cutting James Worthy. The rules specifically stated that this action was to be considered illegal by all players not named Magic. They have subsequently changed this rule, but it took Magic's official retirement to get it into the books for good. They have also eliminated the Jordan exception to pushing and shoving.

sanantoniosooner
6/2/2006, 05:04 PM
Thomas blowing a kiss to Dirk was hilarious.

I'd spek him if I could.

NormanPride
6/2/2006, 09:04 PM
I'm sorry Scott. Miami can't miss for one thing, and the refs are letting their defenders get away with murder down low. This shouldn't be the way the defending East Champs go out. Thanks, NBA officiating.

Big Red Ron
6/2/2006, 09:12 PM
I'm sorry Scott. Miami can't miss for one thing, and the refs are letting their defenders get away with murder down low. This shouldn't be the way the defending East Champs go out. Thanks, NBA officiating.Shaq is so on tonight that the officiating means very little, IMHO.

Scott D
6/2/2006, 09:46 PM
go western conference. ... no class on that Heat roster outside of Wade. Detroit lost this series more than Miami won it. How Hubie went on and on about how Miami's defense was the difference while earlier mentioning how Detroit couldn't hit open shots. It was like 'Hello Hubie...a team isn't playing good defense if the other team is missing open shots.'

Where the offense went after game one against Cleveland is beyond me. The Pistons are definitely going to go looking for a low post offensive player this offseason imo.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/2/2006, 09:51 PM
The Pistons were doomed the moment that Wade got the flu ;)

Scott D
6/2/2006, 09:55 PM
oh..and Walker's little seiz..er dance near the end made me want to kneecap him...just like when he was in Boston.

GrapevineSooner
6/2/2006, 11:39 PM
Thomas blowing a kiss to Dirk was hilarious.

I'd spek him if I could.

I would, too. ;)

Don't think Dirk would ever admit it, but I think that gave him the little umph to go out and hang 50 on the Suns.

colleyvillesooner
6/3/2006, 12:29 AM
I would, too. ;)

Don't think Dirk would ever admit it, but I think that gave him the little umph to go out and hang 50 on the Suns.

After the blown kiss, Dirk outscored Thomas 29-0, and the Suns 29-24.

dolemitesooner
6/3/2006, 10:06 AM
GO HEAT!!!!!

Big Red Ron
6/3/2006, 11:18 AM
Heat will kill Dirk and the boys.

mrowl
6/3/2006, 11:20 AM
Heat will kill Dirk and the boys.

hand over some of that crack you are smoking.

They have ZERO answer for Dirk and Terry.

mrowl
6/3/2006, 11:22 AM
Fri, Nov. 25 @ Miami, Mavs Win 103 - 90

Thu Feb. 9 Miami, Mavs Win 112 - 76

VeeJay
6/3/2006, 11:31 AM
http://www.edgeofsports.com/2005-05-12-130/nash

This guy looks like he showed up for Woodstock a week late.

Big Red Ron
6/3/2006, 11:52 AM
hand over some of that crack you are smoking.

They have ZERO answer for Dirk and Terry.Do the Mavs have an answer for Shaq and Wade? Zoe can beat up on Dirk and Jason Williams will enjoy the Mav "defense" too.:D

mrowl
6/3/2006, 12:07 PM
Do the Mavs have an answer for Shaq and Wade? Zoe can beat up on Dirk and Jason Williams will enjoy the Mav "defense" too.:D

do I have to post the box score from those earlier games?

The "defense" is on the same level as Detroit. But the mavs can make buckets.

Scott D
6/3/2006, 12:20 PM

The "defense" is on the same level as Detroit. But the mavs can make buckets.

I danno how to take that post....since Detroit's defense wasn't on the level of Detroit's defense.

Big Red Ron
6/3/2006, 12:23 PM

Well, no shame in losing to Dallas in Dallas but winning in Miami isn't all that impressive when you consider that Shaq didn't even play.

usmc-sooner
6/3/2006, 12:25 PM
hah the Diesel put the smack down on Detroit.

mrowl
6/3/2006, 12:54 PM
I danno how to take that post....since Detroit's defense wasn't on the level of Detroit's defense.

and won't ever be again unless you rewind to 2004

Big Red Ron
6/3/2006, 12:59 PM
There will also be a coaching mismatch in the Heat/Mavs series. Taking nothing from "The Little General" but he's no Pat Riley.

GrapevineSooner
6/3/2006, 03:53 PM
There will also be a coaching mismatch in the Heat/Mavs series. Taking nothing from "The Little General" but he's no Pat Riley.

He was no Greg Popovich either. As I recall from that series two weeks ago, he did more than hold his own against his mentor.

As such, I'm not too terribly worried that Riley is going to take him to coaching school should the Mavs win their series and move on to face Miami.

Big Red Ron
6/3/2006, 04:12 PM
Shaq, Zoe, Wade, Williams and Riley are the most talented group your Mavs will have faced this year. They're peaking now, unlike back in November or whatever.

Scott D
6/3/2006, 04:17 PM
Shaq, Zoe, Wade, Williams and Riley are the most talented group your Mavs will have faced this year. They're peaking now, unlike back in November or whatever.

heh...Zo's not even a shell of the player he used to be.

bri
6/3/2006, 05:45 PM
JESUS, WOULD THE F*CKIN' GAME JUST START ALREADY?!?!?!!?

hurricane'bone
6/3/2006, 06:57 PM
I can't believe someone used White Chocolate and "most talented" in the same area code

bri
6/3/2006, 07:04 PM
Heh.

Every Jason Williams jersey comes with a free bag of meth. :D

Sooner95
6/3/2006, 07:36 PM
Welp bout time to see if Dallas can finish them off......

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 07:52 PM
Nice to see the Refs are going to let them play ;)

GrapevineSooner
6/3/2006, 07:56 PM
Shouldn't Bavetta be in an old folks home by now?

And shouldn't Van Spare be getting a** splinters on the bench? I just love the way he basically allowed the Suns player he was on to go up for the offensive reobund without even so much as moving a muscle of his own to try to grab it.

Gawd, he sucks. :mad:

GrapevineSooner
6/3/2006, 07:58 PM
BTW Mavericks, if you see the refs are calling it close, try not to settle for jumpshots would you?

This team would really be something if they had a killer instinct.

bri
6/3/2006, 08:45 PM
What a sports night! Flipping back and forth between this debacle and a Talons game...:D

bri
6/3/2006, 09:18 PM
Well, I'm glad I spent all day looking forward to this pathetic display of suckitude.

Can't wait for that gut-wrenching Game 7 loss! :P

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 09:23 PM
Dirk is about to go all Larry Legend on them...cuz he is white and and is mandatory all white players must be compared to him ;)

GrapevineSooner
6/3/2006, 09:26 PM
Tide has turned.

bri
6/3/2006, 09:26 PM
SOMEBODY needs to go Larry Legend on them, otherwise they'll be back in Dallas with one game for all the marbles and a growing constricting of the airways. :D

GrapevineSooner
6/3/2006, 09:29 PM
If we had anything close to Terry's average in this game, we'd be leading right now. :mad:

bri
6/3/2006, 09:34 PM
COME ON, MAVS!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:36 PM
SWEEEEEEET!!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:36 PM
CRAP!!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:37 PM
SWEEET!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:38 PM
CRAP!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:42 PM
SWEET!

and then CRAP!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:43 PM
SWEET!!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:43 PM
CRAP!!!

(F'IN STACKHOUSE!!! :MAD: )

bri
6/3/2006, 09:44 PM
SWEET!!!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:45 PM
Heh...TAKE THAT, DIAW'S KIDNEY!!!! :D

King Crimson
6/3/2006, 09:45 PM
whatever happened to Hannah Storm?

bri
6/3/2006, 09:46 PM
HOORAY!!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:51 PM
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:51 PM
YAY!!

AND THEN POOP!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:52 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:53 PM
YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:54 PM
SUCC!

bri
6/3/2006, 09:54 PM
YAY!!!!!

bri
6/3/2006, 10:00 PM
CRAP!

bri
6/3/2006, 10:00 PM
YAY!

bri
6/3/2006, 10:02 PM
Dagger, meet heart. :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 10:04 PM
One more commercial break and you will be back at your old post count ;)

GrapevineSooner
6/3/2006, 10:06 PM
I don't know what's more amazing.

The fact that Dallas played like crap for about 30 minutes of this game and they're a little over a minute away from going to the Finals.

Or the fact that Phoenix went from not being able to miss to not being able to hit anything in about a few possessions in the third.

bri
6/3/2006, 10:08 PM
I kept waiting for Steve Nash to shoot the Suns out of the playoffs...just like he used to do for Dallas back in the day. :D

bri
6/3/2006, 10:12 PM
Del Harris sighting...DRINK!

bri
6/3/2006, 10:13 PM
Heh, heh....DRIVE IT HOME, ADRIAN!!! :D

I loved that half-hearted "boo" from the Phoenix fans.

Scott D
6/3/2006, 10:14 PM
please, for the love of god..someone kill craig sager so we never have to see his suits again.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2006, 10:15 PM
Move over guys...the band wagon needs a little more room ;)

GrapevineSooner
6/3/2006, 10:18 PM
Heh, heh....DRIVE IT HOME, ADRIAN!!! :D

I loved that half-hearted "boo" from the Phoenix fans.

Here's an idea.

Play some defense. :D

bri
6/3/2006, 10:23 PM
I loved that he actually paused, looked around and wondered "should I?"

And then decided, "F*CK YEAH, I SHOULD!" :D

NormanPride
6/4/2006, 02:37 AM
:D Congrats, Mav fan. The Suns folded like a cheap tent and you guys did a great job closing out. Little General's doing pretty dang well!

Finals will be interesting... Dallas can throw capable bodies at Shaq, and Wade will have a ton of athletic guards to deal with as well. This finals will be the "We've finally exorcised the demons" series. :D

Big Red Ron
6/4/2006, 11:26 AM
This finals will be the "We've finally exorcised the demons" series. :DYou mean for Miami, right? ;)

BeetDigger
6/4/2006, 09:45 PM
You mean for Miami, right? ;)

Hard to beleive that a Miami fan actually roots for Mourning. He took the nice huge contract, got hurt (got his kidney replaced didn't he?), sucked up lots and lots of money while in recovery then played for about two months at the end of his contract. Then, rather than signing for a small contract with Miami as a way of saying thanks, he goes and signs with someone else for more money. I don't know, maybe my memory is shot and I have the details wrong. I know that for about ten or fifteen years, I watched basketball only when the re-runs of Gomer Pyle got old so there is a distinct chance that I am wrong in my recollection. To be fair, Zo should be paying the Heat to suit up. I doubt he is however.

Big Red Ron
6/4/2006, 09:48 PM
We LOVE ZOE ya Homo.

hurricane'bone
6/4/2006, 10:10 PM
So....now you're a Heat fan?

Scott D
6/5/2006, 12:51 PM
Hard to beleive that a Miami fan actually roots for Mourning. He took the nice huge contract, got hurt (got his kidney replaced didn't he?), sucked up lots and lots of money while in recovery then played for about two months at the end of his contract. Then, rather than signing for a small contract with Miami as a way of saying thanks, he goes and signs with someone else for more money. I don't know, maybe my memory is shot and I have the details wrong. I know that for about ten or fifteen years, I watched basketball only when the re-runs of Gomer Pyle got old so there is a distinct chance that I am wrong in my recollection. To be fair, Zo should be paying the Heat to suit up. I doubt he is however.

The only people I know for sure that hate Zo are Raptor fan and especially Nets fan. Nets fan has the most legitimate argument for his "Waaaah I don't wanna play here even though I signed a contract with you...I really want to be in Miami but they wanted that Shaq guy more...waaaah" behavior that led him back to Miami in the first place.

I was a Zo fan when he was at Georgetown and in Charlotte....but what led to him becoming a member of the Heat for the second time made me lose any sympathy from the kidney problem and definitely any remaining respect I have for him...now he's just a wannabe thug.

dolemitesooner
6/16/2006, 05:12 PM
GO HEAT!!!!!
Hey colley what is this

colleyvillesooner
6/16/2006, 05:19 PM
Hey colley what is this

A post from before the Finals started.

I was talking about posts during the Finals.

I know you were rooting for the Heat before the Finals started. I watched you trade barbs with ScottD. Just trying to get that going here. It's more fun when the trash flies :D

dolemitesooner
6/16/2006, 05:27 PM
Well I am going

colleyvillesooner
6/16/2006, 05:29 PM
Good. :D

sanantoniosooner
6/20/2006, 11:38 PM
Had To. :D

http://www.bobanddan.net/images/gonefishing.jpg
There's room on the boat

GrapevineSooner
6/21/2006, 12:31 AM
There's room on the boat

Yup.

http://www.nba.com/media/playoffs2005/dallas_400_fishin.jpg

colleyvillesooner
6/21/2006, 07:38 AM
There's room on the boat

Too bad you guys caught all the fish in the last month :D

sanantoniosooner
6/21/2006, 07:53 AM
Too bad you guys caught all the fish in the last month :D
That's what you think.

There's a conspiracy with the game warden's. It's obvious they don't want a small market team landing the big one.