PDA

View Full Version : Just got a letter from Joe C. about my Priority Points total...........

Sooner24
5/2/2006, 04:45 PM
And it made me wonder. After OU/Texas goes home and home, except for true away games, what real good will the points do you? :confused:

DeadSolidPerfect
5/2/2006, 04:46 PM
And it made me wonder. After OU/Texas goes home and home, except for true away games, what real good will the points do you? :confused:
Bragin' :texan:

Sooner24
5/2/2006, 04:49 PM
Bragin':texan:

I guess so. Also, unless I just missed it, they never mentioned the OU/Texas game anywhere in there.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2006, 05:00 PM
I got a letter too...said I had 7 days to pay my gas bill

yermom
5/2/2006, 05:08 PM

away and bowl games...

OklahomaTuba
5/2/2006, 05:25 PM
The only reason to have those points are to hope and pray you might get a sniff at the cotton bowl.

I've said it before, they move the game outta Big D, donations will take a tumble. Mark it down.

yermom
5/2/2006, 05:27 PM
i can't imagine they wouldn't... on both sides of the Red River

i think Texass gives their students more tickets than we do, their donor tickets have to be in even shorter supply

badger
5/2/2006, 08:02 PM
that is a good issue to discuss. With higher ed funding about to take a cut aaaagain (percentage-wise), can OU afford to move the game?

mrowl
5/2/2006, 08:15 PM
Agree, donations will tumble for both schools, BUT, they will most likely raise the price of the ou-tejas ticket to above $120 on the season ticket plans.

That doesn't seem like it would make up for the lost donations though.

OklahomaTuba
5/2/2006, 08:49 PM
No way will it make up for the lost donations.

I know one person (corporation) who donates upwards of $10,000 to ensure he will have his block of tickets for the RRR. No ticket increase can cover stuff like that. Joe C. no doubts understands this.

bluedogok
5/2/2006, 09:35 PM
The only reason to have those points are to hope and pray you might get a sniff at the cotton bowl.

I've said it before, they move the game outta Big D, donations will take a tumble. Mark it down.
I agree, I know that UT didn't have their allotment of season tickets sold out this past season as a coworker picked some up right before the season started while I am on the waiting list at OU somewhere since I waited a year too late to buy them. So points mean even less here when it comes to home season tickets. I think donations will go down at both but even more at UT.

I hope Dodds/Mack chokes on that :mad:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/2/2006, 09:52 PM

I've said it before, they move the game outta Big D, donations will take a tumble. Mark it down.Bingo. My parents had what they called the "Texas Package" or something to that effect through the Sooner Club. They donated an extra $100 a seat and were told it would ensure Texas tickets. Well when they accepted donations for the new seats, and our $400 Sooner Club donation was no longer enough, we got screwed out of our Texas tickets.

Sooner24
5/3/2006, 05:49 AM
Bingo. My parents had what they called the "Texas Package" or something to that effect through the Sooner Club. They donated an extra $100 a seat and were told it would ensure Texas tickets. Well when they accepted donations for the new seats, and our $400 Sooner Club donation was no longer enough, we got screwed out of our Texas tickets.

For the money they donated they could have bought seats on the open market.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/3/2006, 08:41 AM
For the money they donated they could have bought seats on the open market.Not 4 of them and not in the endzone where we like to sit.

soonerjoker
5/3/2006, 10:36 AM
end zone seats are the easiest ones to acquire.

yermom
5/3/2006, 10:43 AM
it's tough to get 4 together... but i think the easiest tickets to get are the crappy upper deck ones

OUMallen
5/3/2006, 02:42 PM
Agree, donations will tumble for both schools, BUT, they will most likely raise the price of the ou-tejas ticket to above $120 on the season ticket plans.

That doesn't seem like it would make up for the lost donations though.

There will be mroe than twice as many tickets available. I doubt it...home and home for OSU/Mich is less than $80 when I asked them a few months ago.

Sooner24
5/3/2006, 04:24 PM
OU/OSU is higher then that and the OSU we play is crappy. :mad:

yermom
5/3/2006, 04:31 PM
the ticket office said the pricing was because that was the only tickets OSU would give us

those ****ers

MamaMia
5/3/2006, 10:05 PM
And it made me wonder. After OU/Texas goes home and home, except for true away games, what real good will the points do you? :confused:Good point. The OU/texas game and the OU/oSu game are what make having the points mean something. We pay $1000.00 a seat in donation fees for our club seats but we are guaranteed OU/Texas tickets. If the game goes to home and home, how much you want to bet that OU will still charge me the $1000.00 a seat, or more, in donation fees but they'll take away my OU/Texas tickets. They'll say that they promised us "Cotton Bowl" tickets, not OU/Texas tickets. I can see the writing on the wall.

Sooner24
5/3/2006, 10:33 PM
Good point. The OU/texas game and the OU/oSu game are what make having the points mean something. We pay $1000.00 a seat in donation fees for our club seats but we are guaranteed OU/Texas tickets. If the game goes to home and home, how much you want to bet that OU will still charge me the $1000.00 a seat, or more, in donation fees but they'll take away my OU/Texas tickets. They'll say that they promised us "Cotton Bowl" tickets, not OU/Texas tickets. I can see the writing on the wall.

Pretty good eyesight. ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/3/2006, 11:58 PM
If it goes to home and home and season ticket holders get screwed out of a home game, all hell is going to break loose in both Norman and asstin.

yermom
5/4/2006, 06:54 AM
i can only imagine how hard it will be to get tickets for the Austin games, at least at first

soonerjoker
5/4/2006, 09:16 AM
we got our letter yesterday; as a season ticket holder (only 2) since 1989,
we have built up 14 points !!!

i figure by the yr. 2100, we'll have enough pts. for 1 tx/OU ticket.

GDC
5/4/2006, 09:22 AM
Well, I just got an email from David. B., so there.

soonerjoker
5/4/2006, 09:51 AM
you missed the point.

Gdog
5/4/2006, 10:08 AM
I got my letter also and it stated I had a whopping '0' attendance points last season, when in fact I attended every game. I made sure that my tickets were always scanned so not sure what is going on. I remember that I got an email after the K-state game that stated I wasn't using my tickets so I promptly called them and they said they would fix it. I guess not, so I called again this morning.....:mad:

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Boomer Sooner

Soonrboy
5/4/2006, 10:09 AM
we got our letter yesterday; as a season ticket holder (only 2) since 1989,
we have built up 14 points !!!

i figure by the yr. 2100, we'll have enough pts. for 1 tx/OU ticket.

You're beating us by one point!

soonerjoker
5/4/2006, 10:14 AM
SB
so it'll take you one more year.

GD
we got "attendance" points (4 i think), but they only go back to about 2002.

p.s; we're not donors (guess that's obvious), i feel we give enough support
by buying tix, & spending some money around campus corner.

OUmillenium
5/4/2006, 10:26 AM
I built up 25 points with 4 S endzone tickets over the last 3 years. What good will 25 points do me?

I did not reup my tix this year thinking I would be in Pharmacy School next year. OU Pharmacy School in Tulsa denied me. I did not even get an interview and have heard of a variety of other applicants getting screwed on PCAT scores being processed as well as whole applications being lost. Anybody have any info on this stuff.

mrowl
5/4/2006, 11:31 AM
I built up 25 points with 4 S endzone tickets over the last 3 years. What good will 25 points do me?

I did not reup my tix this year thinking I would be in Pharmacy School next year. OU Pharmacy School in Tulsa denied me. I did not even get an interview and have heard of a variety of other applicants getting screwed on PCAT scores being processed as well as whole applications being lost. Anybody have any info on this stuff.

yeah, more info at www.oupharmacyschoolintulsaisscrewingup.com

OUstud
5/4/2006, 03:39 PM
I know it would never work, but if it goes home and home, how about a boycott? They think they can't afford to play in Dallas...